You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Milestone Hand Winners

edited January 2016 in Poker Chat

Couple of things.

Firstly, the individual Milestone Hand Winners are being  updated as they happen, including yesterday's winner, which was Dr_F.

All the Milestone Hand Winners, together with details of the Actual Hand, who else was in it, how it played out, are on those pages, HERE

Comments

• edited January 2016

Yesterday's winner got a bonus of £1,171, as he had accumulated 1,171 Reward Points in the 24 hours.
  • edited January 2016

Now here's the thing, & why I started the thread.

In yesterday's case (& perhaps others, I've not looked) the winner took the pot UNCONTESTED - the other players folded to his pre flop raise.

You can see how it played out
    HERE

So by folding Pre for 40p they did themselves out of the chance of a really decent prize, which included a £1,100 UKPC Seat, a £200 Bonus, & the £1 a point thing. I don't know the math, so maybe folding for 40p is correct, but with those prizes on the line, it's not a bad value call for 8 bob.

I'm deffo not giving them a rubdown, but for future Milestone Hands, it pays to pay attention. 

I can only assume they never realised.

Not many people use the Forum, of course, as has been mentioned. Maybe they should, as we try to make people aware here. 

• edited January 2016

Oh....never knew you could see details of each hand. Nice little addition that.

I dont often check the results of these promos as I never win and Sky never send email/texts or carrier pigeon for the results to the winners. However, when do winners get their time machines sent?....Or have they had them already as they were sent tomorrow.

2. Plus, for those players that earned more than 25 Poker Points in the 24 hours preceeding the 993M hand, will also get entry into the £2,000 Freeroll taking place on Friday 15th January at 20:00.
  • edited January 2016
    It is quite hard to see what the hand number is especially when playing more tables, shouldnt there have been at least a notification pop up that the hand is been dealt now so people can check? Or maybe stop the table so people can watch the hand been dealt?
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Milestone Hand Winners:
    Oh....never knew you could see details of each hand. Nice little addition that. I dont often check the results of these promos as I never win and Sky never send email/texts or carrier pigeon for the results to the winners. However, when do winners get their time machines sent?....Or have they had them already as they were sent tomorrow. 2. Plus, for those players that earned more than 25 Poker Points in the 24 hours preceeding the 993M hand, will also get entry into the £2,000 Freeroll taking place on Friday 15th January at 20:00.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Yes, it's a great page imo, which was partly why I promoted it, it was constructed by Kirsty. I've let her know you have pointed out her unfortunate typo.
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Milestone Hand Winners : Yes, it's a great page imo, which was partly why I promoted it, it was constructed by Kirsty. I've let her know you have pointed out her unfortunate typo.
    Posted by Tikay10
    My rookie mistake guys - apologies!
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Milestone Hand Winners : My rookie mistake guys - apologies!
    Posted by SkyKirsty

You are forgiven....but only if my name appears on the billionth hand page ;)

Welcome back BTW.
  • edited January 2016

^^^^

It's now been corrected. 

"Plus, for those players that earned more than 25 Poker Points in the 24 hours preceeding the 993M hand, will also get entry into the £2,000 Freeroll taking place on Wednesday 20th January at 20:00"
  • edited January 2016
    It is quite hard to see what the hand number is especially when playing more tables, shouldnt there have been at least a notification pop up that the hand is been dealt now so people can check? Or maybe stop the table so people can watch the hand been dealt?
    Posted by BigHawk89
    Hi BigHawk,

I don't think stopping action on all the Tables would be very well received.

I was playing 6 Tables sat the time, & had them on "mini-view", & I generally have "Full Summary" turned off, as I cba with all that stuff scrolling through, I either win or lose the hand, end of story. 

But as the hand approached, I opened up "Full Summary" on just one of the 6 Tables, so I could see where we were.

How close were you?

I seem to be having a bad morning here, lol...... 
  • edited January 2016
    Players Dealt into the Milestone Hand - if you are dealt into one of the millionth milestone hands you will win:

Hi.
    A quickie ..

Being dealt into a milestone hand means exactly that, being dealt . So if you fold pre. You were still dealt.

You still get something for being in it as opposed to sitting out.

Which is completely different to reaching showdown.

Can you agree with this without turning it into a full scale row ?
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Milestone Hand Winners : Hi BigHawk, I don't think stopping action on all the Tables would be very well received. I was playing 6 Tables sat the time, & had them on "mini-view", & I generally have "Full Summary" turned off, as I cba with all that stuff scrolling through, I either win or lose the hand, end of story.  But as the hand approached, I opened up "Full Summary" on just one of the 6 Tables, so I could see where we were.   How close were you? I seem to be having a bad morning here, lol...... 
    Posted by Tikay10

I was playing 8 tables and had summary &, chat on it was a little sketchy around the milestone hand was making sure I didn't fold the milestone hand haha. I think I missed it by 60 hands, but made a profit for the time i was on so wasn't too bothered! 

• edited January 2016

Ha, yes, I agree.

I also agree that for 40p, I'd take a flop, & try to win the hand. We'd be getting a cracking price.
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Milestone Hand Winners : I was playing 8 tables and had summary &, chat on it was a little sketchy around the milestone hand was making sure I didn't fold the milestone hand haha. I think I missed it by 60 hands, but made a profit for the time i was on so wasn't too bothered! 
    Posted by BigHawk89
    We have a happy punter, BOOMIO.
  • edited January 2016
    Do you not get a huge notification and the milestone hand paused? Really unfair otherwise. Tiny writing in bottom left corner with numbers that many people have no idea about
  • edited January 2016
    Dr_F eh? Nice way of putting it I suppose. Always wondered how he gets away with that name ..
  • edited January 2016
    Do you not get a huge notification and the milestone hand paused? Really unfair otherwise. Tiny writing in bottom left corner with numbers that many people have no idea about
    Posted by mrleemr1
    Don't think it's "unfair", everyone has the same opportunity & information.

Some choose to make the effort to keep up with where they are, & if they do, they get a better shot at the prizes. 

• edited January 2016
    Players Dealt into the Milestone Hand -  if you are dealt into one of the millionth milestone hands you will win: Hi. A quickie .. Being dealt into a milestone hand means exactly that, being dealt . So if you fold pre. You were still dealt. You still get something for being in it as opposed to sitting out. Which is completely different to reaching showdown. Can you agree with this without turning it into a full scale row ?
    Posted by mumsie
    You are right, although it still seems like a mad loss of value to fold pre when instead of getting £50 just for being dealt in, you have a shot at £1k + in cash and a £1k tourni entry!

Was the same on previous Xth hand promos, unless you are playing high stakes cash it seemed a no-brainer to be happy to get your money in the middle asap and hope to bink the hand, yet most players dealt in just snap folded lol.

Great promo / prizes though, well played Sky.
  • edited January 2016
    Please correct me if I'm wrong (and I frequently am!!) - but if playing on a iphone I don't think you can see the hand number displayed?
  • edited January 2016
    Please correct me if I'm wrong (and I frequently am!!) - but if playing on a iphone I don't think you can see the hand number displayed?
    Posted by IrishRose
    I honestly have no idea, Rose, never played on an IPhone, my phone is so old it has a dial on it.

I'm sure a more helpful soul will be right along to assist.
  • edited January 2016
    Only just realised this promo is running! Assumed was just the 100 billionth hand - luckily I haven't been dealt in and folded a potential £1200-1300+ for 3bb!

Was thinking if dealt into a milestone hand what do people think the best strategy is in view of no notification of the hand?
    I think the best plan on a cash table would be to put in a big 3 bet like 5x if raised in front, as more likely to get people to fold, the thinking being an open shove looks odd and might trigger people to check if it's a milestone and thus go all in. 
    If unraised or utg think it's just a shove as higher chance of someone noticing is better than seeing multi way flop
    Probably over thinking this considering chance of hitting it! 

• edited January 2016
    Only just realised this promo is running! Assumed was just the 100 billionth hand - luckily I haven't been dealt in and folded a potential £1200-1300+ for 3bb! Was thinking if dealt into a milestone hand what do people think the best strategy is in view of no notification of the hand? I think the best plan on a cash table would be to put in a big 3 bet like 5x if raised in front, as more likely to get people to fold, the thinking being an open shove looks odd and might trigger people to check if it's a milestone and thus go all in.  If unraised or utg think it's just a shove as higher chance of someone noticing is better than seeing multi way flop Probably over thinking this considering chance of hitting it! 
    Posted by IH8UButler
    Hypothetically, I reckon that you would first try and and garner as many point in the 24 hours prior as posssible. This would account for most of your profit for winning it.... 

With an £1,100 Championship seat available and entry to a £20,000 freeroll an additional £200 cash....

Then I don't see why or how, loading up as many 2p/4p HU tables and open shoving/calling every hand shouldn't be the most profitable option. 

;)

• edited January 2016

^^^^

Agree, accumulating as many poker points in the 24 hours prior is key to "value" in these.
  • edited January 2016
    Only just realised this promo is running! Assumed was just the 100 billionth hand - luckily I haven't been dealt in and folded a potential £1200-1300+ for 3bb! Was thinking if dealt into a milestone hand what do people think the best strategy is in view of no notification of the hand? I think the best plan on a cash table would be to put in a big 3 bet like 5x if raised in front, as more likely to get people to fold, the thinking being an open shove looks odd and might trigger people to check if it's a milestone and thus go all in.  If unraised or utg think it's just a shove as higher chance of someone noticing is better than seeing multi way flop Probably over thinking this considering chance of hitting it! 
    Posted by IH8UButler
    Hi, I8U.

Do you not receive Texts & e-Mails from Sky Poker? They push them relentlessly via those channels. It's on the Website, too, on scrolling banners, & notice is always given when approaching a Milestone Hand.

If all else fails, I generally make plenty of noise on the Community when the Milestone draws near, so maybe best to keep an eye on the Forum. 

I'm not being critical, I'm, just curious how you managed to evade the incoming barrage of spam. ;)

• edited January 2016

Anyway, if anyone likes to keep an eye on these things, the current hand # is 993,550,006, so no fun & games today, but it will hit tomorrow (Friday).  
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Milestone Hand Winners : Hi, I8U. Do you not receive Texts & e-Mails from Sky Poker? They push them relentlessly via those channels. It's on the Website, too, on scrolling banners, & notice is always given when approaching a Milestone Hand. If all else fails, I generally make plenty of noise on the Community when the Milestone draws near, so maybe best to keep an eye on the Forum.  I'm not being critical, I'm, just curious how you managed to evade the incoming barrage of spam. ;)  
    Posted by Tikay10

Would be great if you could arrange for me to get texts and Emails?

i have spoke to support 3/4 times about it and changed all the settings including my email to recieve them but never do :/
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Milestone Hand Winners : Would be great if you could arrange for me to get texts and Emails? i have spoke to support 3/4 times about it and changed all the settings including my email to recieve them but never do :/
    Posted by Itsover4u
    If I could, I would, but I'm not allowed near that side of The Business, & rightly so.

What I can do is ask why you may not be receiving them, & work from there. They won't tell me the details, but that might give us some clues.  

• edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Milestone Hand Winners : If I could, I would, but I'm not allowed near that side of The Business, & rightly so. What I can do is ask why you may not be receiving them, & work from there. They won't tell me the details, but that might give us some clues.    
    Posted by Tikay10

That would be greatly appreciated
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Milestone Hand Winners : Hi, I8U. Do you not receive Texts & e-Mails from Sky Poker? They push them relentlessly via those channels. It's on the Website, too, on scrolling banners, & notice is always given when approaching a Milestone Hand. If all else fails, I generally make plenty of noise on the Community when the Milestone draws near, so maybe best to keep an eye on the Forum.  I'm not being critical, I'm, just curious how you managed to evade the incoming barrage of spam. ;)  
    Posted by Tikay10
    I did see the banner in the client but didn't bother clicking it just assumed it would be the billionth hand - good job you created this thread! 
    Don't seem to get any emails from sky either possible that they are going to the spam folder 
    If I win a ukpc seat through this promo will get you a drink at DTD (wouldn't hold your breath on that though!)
  • edited January 2016
    Weirdly I got an text message about the 993 millionth hand but none of the others! Seems to be completely random what messages I recieve from Sky.
  • edited January 2016
    Posted by IrishRose
    You can not see the hand number if playing in classic view or if using mini view on any of the tables. Only been around for the 993 milly one so far and I had to have one table large so I could see how close it was.