You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Milestone Hand Winners

2»

Comments

• edited January 2016
    This and the double points promotions are great and are appreciated by everyone I know, so good work and thanks. I would just like to touch on something mentioned earlier though, namely the highlighting/pausing the milestone table. I think it's necessary for two reasons: 

- Multi-tablers will have little chance to check the hand # either because a) they're playing too many tables and the font is too small or b) they simply don't have enough time to check the chatbox every few seconds to see if they've hit the lucky hand. Since there is no timebank, it's difficult to allocate much time to scanning through chatboxes to see if you're the chosen one (due to mass timeouts and consequently chaos) and therefore it's more likely people are going to miss it and play the situation sub-optimally.  

- I think a large number of recreationals won't even be aware of the promotion, and quite a few will be aware of it but will have forgotten / not know what to do. Highlighting and/or pausing the table will build up the exitement and make it feel more special for the fun player.

Additionally, it's not always obvious to people that the milestone hand is close since these things can be forgetten easily, even if they checked the forum earlier in the day (which, of course, a vast number of players won't have)

This is a relatively special promotion, for professionals and recs alike, so it'd be a shame if someone didn't know they were dealt into such a big hand simply because they didn't browse the forum or promotions page beforehand. I don't think it'd be overly time-consuming for someone to even come to the table and act as a commentator or something, similar to Stars and their moderators/team pros - this would alert everyone. If not, a beautiful rainbow coloured message in large font right in the centre of the table would suffice.

I could be underestimating the complexity of pausing a table but I think it's worth a post anyway. 

• edited January 2016

^^^^

Morning Percival,

Some interesting points there. I'm a little busy right now, but will reply with some DA angles a little later.
  • edited January 2016
    In a way it's a good thing that multi-tablers will have little time to check the hand # because it stops "abuse" of the promo. eg. A player might normally play 4 tables but decides to get as much chance possible to play 20+ (or however many feasible) in order to increase their chance of playing a milestone hand. But with how it is atm they would be silly to do this because the chance of missing out anyway by not noticing the hand would be high. May as well play less tables and be able to check the hand number as it approaches on each table.
  • edited January 2016
    yeah, fair point Ivano. I really should have emphasised the point from a recreationals point of view, rather than a pros, because that's what's important and the points I mentioned for the pros are debatable anway, and perhaps wouldn't hold up in argument. The argument for the multi-tablers came from experience: I was playing 5 or 6 tables last night and it was genuinely tough to keep track of hand numbers with all the bets and player actions (in the chatbox)etc. And that's me, playing 5 tables, not one of those kidz 19 tabling. 

I think the recreationals case is stronger and more justified (demonstrated by all the folding in previous milestone hands)
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Milestone Hand Winners:
    This and the double points promotions are great and are appreciated by everyone I know, so good work and thanks. I would just like to touch on something mentioned earlier though, namely the highlighting/pausing the milestone table. I think it's necessary for two reasons:  - Multi-tablers will have little chance to check the hand # either because a) they're playing too many tables and the font is too small or b) they simply don't have enough time to check the chatbox every few seconds to see if they've hit the lucky hand. Since there is no timebank, it's difficult to allocate much time to scanning through chatboxes to see if you're the chosen one (due to mass timeouts and consequently chaos) and therefore it's more likely people are going to miss it and play the situation sub-optimally.   - I think a large number of recreationals won't even be aware of the promotion, and quite a few will be aware of it but will have forgotten / not know what to do. Highlighting and/or pausing the table will build up the exitement and make it feel more special for the fun player. Additionally, it's not always obvious to people that the milestone hand is close since these things can be forgetten easily, even if they checked the forum earlier in the day (which, of course, a vast number of players won't have) This is a relatively special promotion, for professionals and recs alike, so it'd be a shame if someone didn't know they were dealt into such a big hand simply because they didn't browse the forum or promotions page beforehand. I don't think it'd be overly time-consuming for someone to even come to the table and act as a commentator or something, similar to Stars and their moderators/team pros - this would alert everyone. If not, a beautiful rainbow coloured message in large font right in the centre of the table would suffice. I could be underestimating the complexity of pausing a table but I think it's worth a post anyway. 
    Posted by percival09

100% the above....

by pausing the table and putting a little banner up across the rest of the tables it would create a great rail / promotion push for the site!

Poker player will tell friends etc etc etc