You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Five a day in February?

edited February 2016 in Poker Chat

A new Promo for February has just been announced - the details are HERE

Please read the guff carefully, as it is important, & if you are unsure, just ask.

Cliffs; It revolves around some very attainable targets (5 points per day....) with an added twist. Earning 5 points several times per week gives you a bigger starting stack in the Freerolls.

Rewards - there will be 4 x £5,000 Freerolls to those who qualify.

Comments

• edited January 2016
    how many will have sprouts in that month
  • edited January 2016

^^^^

Count me OUT.
  • edited January 2016
    This is the clincher

"The six players that reach each final table will also bag themselves a Sky Poker hoody."
  • edited January 2016
    Do iPads count as mobile?
  • edited January 2016
  • edited January 2016
    Is it just me or does the table on the promo page not reflect what it says in the text? i.e. table says cash is the variant for week one, though the text suggests cash or SNG is ok....

What variants do I need to earn poker points playing each week? 

Week # Date Variant
    Week 1 1st-7th February Cash Poker
    Week 2 8th-14th February Mobile
    Week 3 15th-21st February Sit & Go's
    Week 4 22nd-28th February All Games

During weeks one and three, playing Cash or SNG's on either a mobile device or on desktop to earn the five points will qualify. For week two, any variant (Cash, MTT's or SNG's) played on mobile will count towards the earning requirements. For week four, 'All Games' includes Mobile, Cash, SNG's and MTT's.

• edited January 2016
    Forgot to add that it looks a good promo, will be urging me to qualify for the max start chips each week so I can last untill level 3 ;)
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Five a day in February?:
    Is it just me or does the table on the promo page not reflect what it says in the text? i.e. table says cash is the variant for week one, though the text suggests cash or SNG is ok.... What variants do I need to earn poker points playing each week?   Week # Date Variant Week 1 1st-7th February Cash Poker Week 2 8th-14th February Mobile Week 3 15th-21st February Sit & Go's Week 4 22nd-28th February All Games During weeks one and three, playing Cash or SNG's on either a mobile device or on desktop to earn the five points will qualify. For week two, any variant (Cash, MTT's or SNG's) played on mobile will count towards the earning requirements. For week four, 'All Games' includes Mobile, Cash, SNG's and MTT's.
    Posted by WAOOGA
    Hi Waoo,

It's just worded a little confusingly.

Perhaps this may have been better.....

"During weeks one and three respectively, playing Cash or SNG's on either a mobile device or on desktop to earn the five points will qualify."

Or, quite simply, playing Cash in Week One, & SNG's in week three.
  • edited February 2016
    Thanks for clarifying Tikay, much appreciated.
  • edited February 2016
    Thanks for clarifying Tikay, much appreciated.
    Posted by WAOOGA
    You are very welcome Waoo.

If anyone has any other questions on the February Five-a-day, don't hesitate to ask. 

Meanwhile, all the gubbins are HERE  

• edited February 2016
    This is the clincher "The six players that reach each final table will also bag themselves a Sky Poker hoody."
    Posted by Phantom66
    Yep. Best promo in ages :)

Truth though, well played Sky promo team.  Makes the games fun with everyone trying to quickly gamble their way to 5 pts each day.
  • edited February 2016
    This is the clincher "The six players that reach each final table will also bag themselves a Sky Poker hoody."
    Posted by Phantom66
    Is this true ?
  • edited February 2016
    played cash last night for the first time in order to see what i need to do to earn points for the promo. dipped my toes in with 2 pound, played for an hour up and down before losing my 2 pound. only earned 1 point, could someone explain how the points work on cash games please.
  • edited February 2016
    played cash last night for the first time in order to see what i need to do to earn points for the promo. dipped my toes in with 2 pound, played for an hour up and down before losing my 2 pound. only earned 1 point, could someone explain how the points work on cash games please.
    Posted by The_Laird
    https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/getting-started/earning-poker-points
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Five a day in February? : https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/getting-started/earning-poker-points
    Posted by VespaPX

Thanks Vespa

I had read this, so when it cost me more than a pound to call into the hand that fininshed me off i was expecting more than 1 point, i thought i would get 6 points. I must be reading it wrong... Thanks again for replying

• edited February 2016
    Is it just me or does the table on the promo page not reflect what it says in the text? i.e. table says cash is the variant for week one, though the text suggests cash or SNG is ok.... What variants do I need to earn poker points playing each week?   Week # Date Variant Week 1 1st-7th February Cash Poker Week 2 8th-14th February Mobile Week 3 15th-21st February Sit & Go's Week 4 22nd-28th February All Games During weeks one and three, playing Cash or SNG's on either a mobile device or on desktop to earn the five points will qualify. For week two, any variant (Cash, MTT's or SNG's) played on mobile will count towards the earning requirements. For week four, 'All Games' includes Mobile, Cash, SNG's and MTT's.
    Posted by WAOOGA

Can't do week 2 cos my fingers are too fat...FFS
  • edited February 2016
    rake is based on what is took from the pot in cash laird (rake) 

ie 5p 10p game if 4 players are on flop so 40p called then sky rake would be 3p,  obv 37p left in pot so your share of rake would be less than 1p.

so im guessing you folded alotand won uncontested pots? if no flop then no rake on cash aswell

obv im rubbish at advice lol
  • edited February 2016
    rake is based on what is took from the pot in cash laird (rake)  ie 5p 10p game if 4 players are on flop so 40p called then sky rake would be 3p,  obv 37p left in pot so your share of rake would be less than 1p. so im guessing you folded alotand won uncontested pots? if no flop then no rake on cash aswell obv im rubbish at advice lol
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    Thanks Micky

This makes more sense to me now. your assumption is correct but in the last hand i played (because i lost) 4 off us went all in pre flop (each over a pound),i got no points because all 4 of us shoved pre flop. is this correct?
  • edited February 2016
    nope u proberly got your 1point from the shove as the rake would of been taken on the flop.

no flop = no rake.

id have thought it was worth more than 1 point aswell.

talk with support there good at times
  • edited February 2016
    nope u proberly got your 1point from the shove as the rake would of been taken on the flop. no flop = no rake. id have thought it was worth more than 1 point aswell. talk with support there good at times
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    Thanks again Micky, think i'll stick to sng's
  • edited February 2016
    i just read how to earn poker points and its not clear at all.

i understand how but to lots it will make no sense at all.

sky please put some leymans terms in there.

pretty certain it used to say 1 pp per 10p in rake but that was many moons ago
  • edited February 2016
    Loose £9 and you will get 5 pts trust me i know:)
  • edited February 2016
    i just read how to earn poker points and its not clear at all. i understand how but to lots it will make no sense at all. sky please put some leymans terms in there. pretty certain it used to say 1 pp per 10p in rake but that was many moons ago
    Posted by MICKYBLUE

Hi Micky,

I will post something in the morning for you.
  • edited February 2016
  • edited February 2016
    every pound you earn sky in rake earns you 1 point so depending how much you bet during a particular hand depends how much rake you pay the more you bet the more rake you pay
    e.g rake is only payed once a flop is seen  if you fold to a bet on the flop  you pay a small amount someone said 3p earlier up the thread so if you fold alot on the flop you have to play alot of hands to earn that £1 but if you GII on the river you will probably made that £1 in one hand
    thats my understanding of it ofc im probs wrong :)
    edit:im looking at from a 5/10 table
  • edited February 2016
    Apologies for interupting but  there is a free to enter competition to be found in the Betting Chat section of the forum on a thread called Sky Naps Table 2016.

It starts on Saturday and the closing date is 12pm on Friday. All the details are on the thread but there are £100 of free bets from Sky Bet up for grabs and for qualifying players there is a free £200 Poker freeroll at the end of the competition.
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Five a day in February? : Hi Micky, I will post something in the morning for you.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks Tikay, it certainly not working the way sky word it....
  • edited February 2016
    its more than 1 poker point per pound rake earnt,  as i say when i read it years ago it was 1 poker point per 10 rake just like stt and mtt. 
    it has changed now tho granted

brrrrr free stuff on my way ;)
  • edited February 2016

Morning Chaps, nearly forgot this, sorry.

In cash games, it is a bit hard to get our heads round it.

Here is the official explanation.......

"Cash Games: Poker Points are awarded using a Weighted Contribution mechanism in Cash Poker, designed to make the process fairer for all. Previously, any Poker Points awarded to the table were split equally between all players dealt into the hand. Now only players who contribute to the pot will earn Poker Points. Every time you contribute £1 in cash rake, you receive 6 Poker Points. This, in essence, rewards players who create more action at the table. Essentially it is a fairer way of distributing Poker Points, as players who drive the most action at the table will see a bigger reward than someone who is playing no hands at all. This is fairer as it generates more action for players at the table and keeps the game fun for everyone taking part.

To avoid confusion, Weighted Contribution does not affect the amount of rake taken at all; it simply looks at how Poker Points are awarded for each pot. Weighted Contribution does favour players who like to see flops. It will also mean that the games themselves could play a little more aggressively, with people happier to play their hand. However, this shouldn't alter your basic strategy for playing poker - there are still many reasons why playing tight could be best for you. If you're on a very aggressive table, tight could well be right! 

Example:
     Richard and Adam are playing in a pot. Richard has contributed £1.60 in rake, Adam has contributed 50p. Richard would earn 9.6 Poker Points, Adam would earn 3 Poker Points"

All of that, & more, can be seen HERE

• edited February 2016

For MTT's & SNG's, it's much simpler, & you know EXACTLY, in advance, how many points you will get, & "rake" (as in Reg Fees) it will cost.

For every £ of Reg Fee, you get 10 points.

So if the MTT or SNG is £100 + £10 reg fee, you get 10 x 10 = 100 points.

If it is £5 + £0.50 Reg fee you get 5 points.

All the points you earn each week are then totted up - see the widget thing - and at midnight Sunday it is closed off, & on Monday you get paid your Rewards money.

The Rewards Scheme, how much you get for what, is all explained HERE