You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Five a day in February?

2»

Comments

• edited February 2016

Any other questions, fire away, & if nobody intelligent is around to answer, I'll try & reply.  
  • edited February 2016
    every 16p in rake we get 1 poker point roughly.

its the every £1 in rake you get 6 points that confuses it 

the way its worded it reads as if we have to pay £1 rake before  poker points is paid which is not the case.

imo someone intellegent needs to rewrite it so dumbo's like me can understand.

for example i played 2p/4p and 5p/10p last night to get the 5 pp for promo, i just clocked what pp i was on then waited until i earned 6/7 pp to make sure.

i dont know maybe just me being stupid.
  • edited February 2016
    Cash tables rake Cumulative or pot specific for points?
    i.e.paying less rake in a hand that would earn a point say 10p 5 hands in a row 50p in rake any points?
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Five a day in February?:
    every 16p in rake we get 1 poker point roughly. its the every £1 in rake you get 6 points that confuses it  the way its worded it reads as if we have to pay £1 rake before  poker points is paid which is not the case. imo someone intellegent needs to rewrite it so dumbo's like me can understand. for example i played 2p/4p and 5p/10p last night to get the 5 pp for promo, i just clocked what pp i was on then waited until i earned 6/7 pp to make sure. i dont know maybe just me being stupid.
    Posted by MICKYBLUE

+1

As a non cash player, I do the same. Never understood the point system in cash but thankfully can now use the widget in real time to check points earned.

Q for Tikay - In week two, could I just play one £5 SnG everyday to qualify? (or 3 days/5 days etc). I have never played on mobile before so hopefully I have read that bit right.   

• edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Five a day in February? : +1 As a non cash player, I do the same. Never understood the point system in cash but thankfully can now use the widget in real time to check points earned. Q for Tikay - In week two, could I just play one £5 SnG everyday to qualify? (or 3 days/5 days etc). I have never played on mobile before so hopefully I have read that bit right.   
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Yup, that'll do the trick.

Do that 3 separate days, & that'll get you 2,000 starting chips in the £5,000 Freeroll.

Do that 5 separate days, & that'll get you 5,000 starting chips in the £5,000 Freeroll.

Do that all 7 days, & that'll get you 10,000 starting chips in the £5,000 Freeroll.
  • edited February 2016
    Cash tables rake Cumulative or pot specific for points? i.e.paying less rake in a hand that would earn a point say 10p 5 hands in a row 50p in rake any points?
    Posted by belsibub
    Not sure I understand the question (I'm deffo not terribly au fait with the rake system), but does this answer it? It'd from the "Earning Poker Points landing page, HERE

"Poker Points are earned in real time, being accumulated at the end of each hand. Any fractional points accumulated when leaving the table will be rounded down. Please note: standing up and sitting back down on the same table constitutes ‘leaving the table'."
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Five a day in February? : Not sure I understand the question (I'm deffo not terribly au fait with the rake system), but does this answer it? It'd from the "Earning Poker Points landing page, HERE "Poker Points are earned in real time, being accumulated at the end of each hand. Any fractional points accumulated when leaving the table will be rounded down. Please note: standing up and sitting back down on the same table constitutes ‘leaving the table'."
    Posted by Tikay10
    So its hand specific? 
    2p/4p 7.5% rake so if 17p rake=1 point(6 point per £) you would need to contribute £2.27 to the pot to get 1 point?

• edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Five a day in February? : So its hand specific?  2p/4p 7.5% rake so if 17p rake=1 point(6 point per £) you would need to contribute £2.27 to the pot to get 1 point?
    Posted by belsibub
    If this is correct Belsibub then i finally get it and for that i thank you, where do i find the rake percentage information for the various cash games?
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Five a day in February? : If this is correct Belsibub then i finally get it and for that i thank you, where do i find the rake percentage information for the various cash games?
    Posted by The_Laird
    https://support.skypoker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/130
  • edited February 2016
    I must admit - I'm still well confused with poker points for playing cash games :(

I played a cash table earlier - it was £2 default buy in.  I ended up buying in 3 times (I know I know - I'm a rubbish player!!).  I managed to lose all 3 buy ins fairly quickly so £6 down the pan.  However I then did one more £2 buy in and managed to spin it up to £8.17 so I made a 17p profit for my "experiment".

For my total experiment - I managed to get the total grand sum of 2 poker points???   How can that work if I definately lost £6 to begin with?
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Five a day in February? : https://support.skypoker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/130
    Posted by belsibub
    Thank you very much i actually understand it now