You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

This week, Five-a-day will mainly be.......

Comments

• edited February 2016

Mobile

It's week 2 of Five-a-day & this week the qualification criteria is that the points are earned on Mobile.

It is a bit complicated, so any questions, fire away.

The £5,000 Freeroll for the Five-a-day Mobile week will be on Saturday 20th February @ 8pm.  
  • edited February 2016

And a quick reminder, that the £5,000 Freeroll for Week One (last week) of Five-a-day is this coming Saturday, @ 8pm.
  • edited February 2016
    Morning Tony

When playing "mobile" on an iPad does it have to be via the D/L or is a browser ok?
    Cheers
  • edited February 2016
    Also if i took my laptop to a local cofee shop would that be classed as mobile?
  • edited February 2016
    iPad and mobile tikay ? 
  • edited February 2016
    A quick question concerning last week's five a day will we be entered automatically or still have to register I am not 100 % sure I done enough to qualify 
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: This week, Five-a-day will mainly be.......:
    A quick question concerning last week's five a day will we be entered automatically or still have to register I am not 100 % sure I done enough to qualify 
    Posted by weecheez1
    That's an easy one cheezy.

The T & C's say this.....

"10. All qualifying players will be automatically entered into freerolls and allocated their starting chip stack. You do not need to register."

All the details & T & C's are HERE

• edited February 2016
    Also if i took my laptop to a local cofee shop would that be classed as mobile?
    Posted by VespaPX
    Lol, behave yourself Mick.
  • edited February 2016
    Reading the Ts & Cs it certainly looks like laptops will be eligible.
  • edited February 2016

Timmy & Vespa.

I'm not actually sure (as in "I have no idea") of the answer to your questions, so I've sent a note Upstairs asking for guidance.

I'll get back to you as soon as they reply.

• edited February 2016
    Reading the Ts & Cs it certainly looks like laptops will be eligible.
    Posted by FCHD
    Thanks Barny, but I can't see any reference to that - where exactly does it say as much?
  • edited February 2016

Tommy, Vespa.......

I've had the reply.

So long as you are playing via what they deem to be a "mobile device" - such as I-Pad, I-Phone, Tablet etc, then that will count as Mobile. 

Does not matter if it is via the App, or the Web Broswer, not bothered, as long as it is via "Mobile" as defined above.

Does that make sense?

• edited February 2016
    Tommy, Vespa....... I've had the reply. So long as you are playing via what they deem to be a "mobile device" - such as I-Pad, I-Phone, Tablet etc, then that will count as Mobile.  Does not matter if it is via the App, or the Web Broswer, not bothered, as long as it is via "Mobile" as defined above. Does that make sense?   
    Posted by Tikay10
    Cheers
    Be one tabling later then.

Edit
    Hmmm 1 tabling or playing freerolls ? 

• edited February 2016
    Thank you sir 
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: This week, Five-a-day will mainly be....... : Thanks Barny, but I can't see any reference to that - where exactly does it say as much?
    Posted by Tikay10
    It is only implied by the wordings for the other weeks - "mobile & desktops". I see my laptop as certainly more of the former than the latter.

So is it confirmed that "mobile devices" only includes certain mobile devices and excludes laptops?

• edited February 2016
    Not a good start.
    Regged for a DYM on iPad but wouldnt load table.
    Had to revert to laptop :-(
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: This week, Five-a-day will mainly be....... : It is only implied by the wordings for the other weeks - "mobile & desktops". I see my laptop as certainly more of the former than the latter. So is it confirmed that "mobile devices" only includes certain mobile devices and excludes laptops?
    Posted by FCHD
    I am reading that different to you.

I take it to mean that on weeks 1 & 3, you can earn the points on ANY platform - Mobile, Laptop, Desktop, App, Browser, Download, anything.

However, on Week 2 it is MOBILE only.
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: This week, Five-a-day will mainly be....... : It is only implied by the wordings for the other weeks - "mobile & desktops". I see my laptop as certainly more of the former than the latter. So is it confirmed that "mobile devices" only includes certain mobile devices and excludes laptops?
    Posted by FCHD
    It has been clearly clarified today - "Mobile" does not include Laptop.

"Mobile" is as per my definition a few posts up. (I-Phone, I-Pad, Tablet, etc.)

PS - My head is starting to hurt. I've just got used to Dial Up, & now I'm told there is Broadband.

• edited February 2016
    i played a £5 DYM on me phone in me house using the same ISP as me desktop can sky tell weather i used me phone or not?
  • edited February 2016

I must get clarification, I take my Laptop from the lounge to the bedroom is THAT is mobile
    or just mobility ?
  • edited February 2016
    Not a good start. Regged for a DYM on iPad but wouldnt load table. Had to revert to laptop :-(
    Posted by VespaPX
    Managed to get back into on iPad.
    Played 2 £3 DYM's on iPad - sorted :-)
  • edited February 2016
    Is that you in the photo Tikay?

:)
  • edited February 2016
    Is it possible to play on a windows phone?
    Tried playing through the browser could not get reg'd  when it gave me the game i wanted.Kept trying to give me £11 games with filter set to micro.
  • edited February 2016
    Hi Tikay
    Like Vespa, I regged for a DYM on a tablet but the table took all the first level to load.
    I then managed to play(fold) about 6 hands before the connection went and i just got a screen saying something about "no data received".
    After a few minutes I went back to the laptop to finish the game.

Probably a question for the suits upatairs but
    If you reg for a DYM and play a bit on a tablet but have to finish on a laptop, does this count towards your 5 a day or not.
    I'm guessing not as the points are awarded at the end.
    What if you did it the other way round, start on lappy and finish on tablet?

ps
    As you can see, some are still having problems like yesterday.
    Is this supposed to be fixed now?

pps 
    If there is anything else I can do to make your head hurt more, don't hesitate to ask.!!!!!!!!!!      :)
  • edited February 2016
    i played a £5 DYM on me phone in me house using the same ISP as me desktop can sky tell weather i used me phone or not?
    Posted by stokefc
    +1 . Me to

(you,ll be a teckie whizz after this promo Tikay:)
  • edited February 2016
    Will the web browser trick work if I play on laptop? 
  • edited February 2016
    Hi Tikay Like Vespa, I regged for a DYM on a tablet but the table took all the first level to load. I then managed to play(fold) about 6 hands before the connection went and i just got a screen saying something about "no data received". After a few minutes I went back to the laptop to finish the game. Probably a question for the suits upatairs but If you reg for a DYM and play a bit on a tablet but have to finish on a laptop, does this count towards your 5 a day or not. I'm guessing not as the points are awarded at the end. What if you did it the other way round, start on lappy and finish on tablet? ps As you can see, some are still having problems like yesterday. Is this supposed to be fixed now? pps  If there is anything else I can do to make your head hurt more, don't hesitate to ask.!!!!!!!!!!      :)
    Posted by dragon1964
    My 1st DYM
    Regged on iPad
    Played a couple orbits on Laptop
    Finished on iPad
    Sort that one out ! :-)
  • edited February 2016
    Is that you in the photo Tikay? :)
    Posted by gerardirl

Might be........

• edited February 2016
    Hi Tikay Like Vespa, I regged for a DYM on a tablet but the table took all the first level to load. I then managed to play(fold) about 6 hands before the connection went and i just got a screen saying something about "no data received". After a few minutes I went back to the laptop to finish the game. Probably a question for the suits upatairs but If you reg for a DYM and play a bit on a tablet but have to finish on a laptop, does this count towards your 5 a day or not. I'm guessing not as the points are awarded at the end. What if you did it the other way round, start on lappy and finish on tablet? ps As you can see, some are still having problems like yesterday. Is this supposed to be fixed now? pps  If there is anything else I can do to make your head hurt more, don't hesitate to ask.!!!!!!!!!!      :)
    Posted by dragon1964
    ha, love you too. ;)

Please be on my table tonight. I'm ALL IN
  • edited February 2016
    Posted by stokefc
    Yes.

I don't know that for a fact, but I'd be pretty certain they can, yes.

They measure, daily, how much traffic is via Mobile, so I can only assume they can tell whether you are on Mobile or not.