You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

This week, Five-a-day will mainly be.......

2»

Comments

• edited February 2016

I'm out of time right now, will reply to the other questions soonest.
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: This week, Five-a-day will mainly be.......:
    I'm out of time right now, will reply to the other questions soonest.
    Posted by Tikay10
    "Gym" session?
  • edited February 2016

Played for first time on mobile (I phone something or other).

Obv, you can only play one table, so reg'd for a £5 game just to get the points (which I won, obv..thin brag) but table kept opening on my PC too at the same time as I was multi tabling on there. Everytime I closed on pc...kicked me out on phone too. This happened a few times. 

Q.Any clues how I can overcome this?
  • edited February 2016
    Played for first time on mobile (I phone something or other). Obv, you can only play one table, so reg'd for a £5 game just to get the points (which I won, obv..thin brag) but table kept opening on my PC too at the same time as I was multi tabling on there. Everytime I closed on pc...kicked me out on phone too. This happened a few times.  Q.Any clues how I can overcome this?
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Log out of sky on PC and close sky poker on PC .... then play on mobile device

edit: wait until multi tables finished and play on mobile at 3am

• edited February 2016
    i played a £5 DYM on me phone in me house using the same ISP as me desktop can sky tell weather i used me phone or not?
    Posted by stokefc
    Yes.

I have no idea how, but yes, they know.

Incidentally, Mobile traffic as a whole is measured separately to all the other traffic, for a variety of reasons.

• edited February 2016
    I must get clarification, I take my Laptop from the lounge to the bedroom is THAT is mobile or just mobility ?
    Posted by bludreid11
    Morning Sky Poker Hoody Bloke,

I prefer not to spend too long thinking about why you'd need a laptop in the bedroom.
  • edited February 2016
    Is it possible to play on a windows phone? Tried playing through the browser could not get reg'd  when it gave me the game i wanted.Kept trying to give me £11 games with filter set to micro.
    Posted by belsibub
    The Windows Phone OS is NOT currently supported by Sky Poker as far as I am aware, though I'm not really clued up on that stuff.

I'm aware that many people develop Heath Robinson style workarounds to enable it, but I don't know how, & in any event, the Company would not be able to support it, so to speak.

• edited February 2016
    Hi Tikay Like Vespa, I regged for a DYM on a tablet but the table took all the first level to load. I then managed to play(fold) about 6 hands before the connection went and i just got a screen saying something about "no data received". After a few minutes I went back to the laptop to finish the game. Probably a question for the suits upatairs but If you reg for a DYM and play a bit on a tablet but have to finish on a laptop, does this count towards your 5 a day or not. I'm guessing not as the points are awarded at the end. What if you did it the other way round, start on lappy and finish on tablet? ps As you can see, some are still having problems like yesterday. Is this supposed to be fixed now? pps  If there is anything else I can do to make your head hurt more, don't hesitate to ask.!!!!!!!!!!      :)
    Posted by dragon1964
    Morning Dragon.

I would doubt it - personally, I'd assume not. Better to assume not than reach the end of the day/week & find you have not qualified.

Incidentally, you mention "No Data Received" on the Tablet, & this problem, which was first identified yesterday afternoon, is currently under investigation. (See "Connection Issues" thread).
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: This week, Five-a-day will mainly be....... : +1 . Me to (you,ll be a teckie whizz after this promo Tikay:)
    Posted by MP33
    That I doubt........

On a complete sidenote, I was liaising with players & the office last night, & also Forum Posting replies, about a wider problem with Mobile connectivity. At the same time, I was 6 Tabling DYM's. Let me tell you this - it's not to be recommended. Sheesh, my head was all over the shop. Ended up losing a few bob, but at least I found an excuse for it. We love to self justify why we lose, don't we?

On which note, I was amused to see a post appear overnight in "Brags & Beats" where a chap lost a hand in a perfectly standard spot.  It was a bit of a cooler really, but he was behind pre flop, & on the flop & turn, then even further behind on the river. (He had J-2 v J-4 on a J-J-9 flop). He had a zillion chop outs, but Villain housed up, gg. His only comment was "Sky, ffs, lol". 

The "lol" is the clue of course, but strange how so many think that when we get beat, it's the site's fault.    
  • edited February 2016
    Will the web browser trick work if I play on laptop? 
    Posted by Dozza
    Remind me of the question, Dozza - what "web browser trick"?
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: This week, Five-a-day will mainly be....... : Remind me of the question, Dozza - what "web browser trick"?
    Posted by Tikay10
    If you replace "www.skypoker.com" with "m.skypoker.com" then it takes you to the mobile version of the website, which you can then play on PC. 
  • edited February 2016
    I only ask because I'm still unsure whether playing on the mobile version in a browser will be recognised as "mobile device". I guess we will find out next Saturday when it comes to registering. Fingers crossed!
  • edited February 2016
    6 days done on mobile
    1 to go !

Tonight i will mostly be eating Chinese and drinking vodka