You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£1.000.000 entry help

edited March 2016 in Poker Chat
hi I have won a £1000 + 100 seat on or around the 26th of February, what would happen if I could not make it on the day

Comments

• edited February 2016
    you would have to forfeit it, and give it to me :)
  • edited February 2016
    Transfer it to me
  • edited February 2016
    i will chop with you 50/50:):)
  • edited February 2016
    that is a good offer.
  • edited February 2016
    you would be blinded out of the tournament.

try speaking to customer support, you might be able to switch your entry to another day
  • edited February 2016
    will have to see what happens looks like I could be on a loser here
  • edited February 2016
    I dont think its transferable...but if you ask sky and your allowed to sell it. Report back and you will find  buyer.
  • edited February 2016
    will ask the question mumsie
  • edited February 2016
    Was this one of the new player freerolls

It will or should go to the next player 
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to £1.000.000 entry help:
    hi I have won a £1000 + 100 seat on or around the 26th of February, what would happen if I could not make it on the day
    Posted by 3chips
    Hi,

Well done on winning a UKPC seat.

The Sky Poker qualifiers are entered into Day 1C - the Saturday - by default. However, if you'd rather play 1a (Thursday) or 1b (Friday), that's fine, just let me know & I can sort it.

How did you win this seat, by what route? As far as I am aware, most of the various Promos, Freerolls & Sateliltes are have T & C's which state that the seats are....

Non Transferable

There is no cash alternative.

So, unless I'm missing something, the succinct reply by Percival09 is correct.
  • edited February 2016
    Thanks tikay  yea I won it through freeroll cos I joined sky poker in January, something came up and I might not be able to make the fri - sat  I am not saying for certain but looks that way I will find out for sure in next few days, would I still be able to get in touch with you and change it to thurs
  • edited February 2016
    Yeah very hard getting photo id in other people names nowadays

Great how all these new players that have not used site before instantly know where and how too post.

Well played
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: £1.000.000 entry help:
    Thanks tikay  yea I won it through freeroll cos I joined sky poker in January, something came up and I might not be able to make the fri - sat  I am not saying for certain but looks that way I will find out for sure in next few days, would I still be able to get in touch with you and change it to thurs
    Posted by 3chips
    Yes, of course, no problem, just let me know. The Thursday would be fine as it happens, as it will be fairly quiet, whereas Saturday will be rammed. 

Get back to me when you know.

• edited February 2016
    Yeah very hard getting photo id in other people names nowadays Great how all these new players that have not used site before instantly know where and how too post. Well played
    Posted by churchy18
    I'm sorry Brian, but that is well out of order.

You (& one or two others) may suspect all that, but you don't have a shred of evidence that "3chips" is not genuine.

We really don't have the right to just say these things.

How do you know he is not genuine?

As I've stated on many occasions, all players who qualified via that route will have to meet stringent ID at the Venue, & there is no cash or seat transfer available.    

• edited February 2016
    Yeah very hard getting photo id in other people names nowadays Great how all these new players that have not used site before instantly know where and how too post. Well played
    Posted by churchy18
    Ja, it's really difficult to find the forum. If only there was a tab named Community or something. And posting? Yeah, that's tough "too"
  • edited February 2016
    We will agree too disagree on this one tikay took me months before I found and used the forum yet all these new players figure it out instantly especially those who can,t make a tournament they where trying too get into.

Pretty sure I'm not only person thinking it.

A few month back the promo with 5 free ukops tickets was the same pretty sure the roulettes were suspended as it was abused so much people with same name with a x or number after it playing themselves.

Would be good too know how many of these new players attend the ukpc.

• edited February 2016
    We will agree too disagree on this one tikay took me months before I found and used the forum yet all these new players figure it out instantly especially those who can,t make a tournament they where trying too get into. Pretty sure I'm not only person thinking it. A few month back the promo with 5 free ukops tickets was the same pretty sure the roulettes were suspended as it was abused so much people with same name with a x or number after it playing themselves. Would be good too know how many of these new players attend the ukpc.  
    Posted by churchy18
    Happy to agree to disagree, & what you (or others) may THINK is absolutely fine.

Writing it on a public forum is another thing altogether, especially when you don't have a shred of proof.

You may turn out to be right, but that misses the point - you cannot simply accuse people based upon pure suspicion, that is a libellous statement.

A previous Promo was abused? Fine, so be it. That does not give you or anyone else the right to assume everyone is guilty. Nobody is guilty until it can be shown otherwise.

• edited February 2016
    We will agree too disagree on this one tikay took me months before I found and used the forum yet all these new players figure it out instantly especially those who can,t make a tournament they where trying too get into. Pretty sure I'm not only person thinking it. A few month back the promo with 5 free ukops tickets was the same pretty sure the roulettes were suspended as it was abused so much people with same name with a x or number after it playing themselves. Would be good too know how many of these new players attend the ukpc.  
    Posted by churchy18
    Think this says more about you than a new members ability to find the forum. The forum is hardly a secret, in fact it is often used as a selling point of the site. 
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: £1.000.000 entry help : Think this says more about you than a new members ability to find the forum. The forum is hardly a secret, in fact it is often used as a selling point of the site. 
    Posted by MattBates

Yeah maybe or the fact i joined too play poker and it was another player that pointed me too the forum.

I never just joined won a freeroll then complained that i could not go too target event and as for it is used for a selling point hmm yeah everyone signs up for the community don,t they :}
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: £1.000.000 entry help : Yeah maybe or the fact i joined too play poker and it was another player that pointed me too the forum. I never just joined won a freeroll then complained that i could not go too target event and as for it is used for a selling point hmm yeah everyone signs up for the community don,t they :}
    Posted by churchy18
    He did not "complain" Brian, he asked a standard question.

If you or anyone has concerns about ANY player, please send the evidence to Customer Care, & they will pass it on to Risk & Fraud Department.

• edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: £1.000.000 entry help : Yeah maybe or the fact i joined too play poker and it was another player that pointed me too the forum. I never just joined won a freeroll then complained that i could not go too target event and as for it is used for a selling point hmm yeah everyone signs up for the community don,t they :}
    Posted by churchy18
    churchy, just a small side issue... i hope you don't mind me asking,

why do you use "too" instead of "to"?  "too" means "as well", or "also". 

you are the only one on the forum who does this.  i see you do so in every post. you would be readily exposed should you ever consider starting a new account and posting on the forum.

as you were.

• edited February 2016

I just need to add something now.

Brian - "churchy" - is a virtual friend of mine, & we bang heads - competitively, not nastily - every night on the Tables, we help each other with stuff, & write PM's to each other about this & that. Proper virtual mates.

He's a good man, imo. 

He's not coming across well on this thread, & I regret that very much, because I don't want to fall out with him or anyone else. But we just can't go round accusing people of cheating, unless we have credible evidence.

As to the apparently touchy subject of how SB&G spend their money, & whether they have the right to do everything they can to grow their business, including, if they see fit, new player enticements, I am more than happy to discuss that. Just start a new thread, ideally not with a provocative thread title, & we'll all debate it for as long as you wish. It's good to talk.

Let's move on now, please, & if anyone wants to start that thread, go right ahead, it will be (genuinely) welcomed if we can discuss it in a civil manner.

• edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: £1.000.000 entry help : churchy, just a small side issue... i hope you don't mind me asking, why do you use "too" instead of "to"?  "too" means "as well", or "also".  you are the only one on the forum who does this.  i see you do so in every post. you would be readily exposed should you ever consider starting a new account and posting on the forum. as you were.  
    Posted by aussie09
    Thats good too know the 1 account does me fine so no problems there.

And cheers for the english lesson left school before 2nd year started so sorry my grammar may not be as good as some.
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: £1.000.000 entry help : Thats good too know the 1 account does me fine so no problems there. And cheers for the english lesson left school before 2nd year started so sorry my grammar may not be as good as some.
    Posted by churchy18

i hope you took it in the spirit it was intended.  your grammar, english, punctuation is not in doubt.  in fact, it is because everything is perfect apart from this one thing, which is most peculiar, but is so you. 

i will look out for any new player called churchy20too.

ps.  at no time was this meant to be hurtful, just helpful.
    pps.  it was intended to divert everyone else.

• edited February 2016
    I just need to add something now. Brian - "churchy" - is a virtual friend of mine, & we bang heads - competitively, not nastily - every night on the Tables, we help each other with stuff, & write PM's to each other about this & that. Proper virtual mates. He's a good man, imo.  He's not coming across well on this thread, & I regret that very much. But we just can't go round accusing people of cheating, unless we have credible evidence.   As to the apparently touchy subject of how SB&G spend their money, & whether they have the right to do everything they can to grow their business, including, if they see fit, new player enticements, I am more than happy to discuss that. Just start a new thread, ideally not with a provocative thread title, & we'll debate it for as long as you wish. It's good to talk.   Let's move on now, please, & if anyone wants to start that thread, go right ahead, it will be (genuinely) welcomed if we can discuss it in a civil manner.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks tony i have no problem with skys promotions and have no right too have a problem with them as they know what they are doing in getting numbers up and i should also say i have no interest in the ukpc as could not go with work and kids so even if i managed a freeroll wiin it would be passed straight on too 2nd place.

Just seems there is a few posts by people not being able too go makes you wonder and as for reporting fake accounts done that before and player still on site even although was caught red handed.

All the best tony have a good one

• edited February 2016
    The too or to question reminded me of something I saw on another forum which made me smile - "The number of people who confuse too and to is two damned high."

• edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: £1.000.000 entry help : i hope you took it in the spirit it was intended.  your grammar, english, punctuation is not in doubt.  in fact, it is because everything is perfect apart from this one thing, which is most peculiar, but is so you.  i will look out for any new player called churchy20too. ps.  at no time was this meant to be hurtful, just helpful. pps.  it was intended to divert everyone else.  
    Posted by aussie09
    No problem aussie sent you a pm

Edit ty aussie
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: £1.000.000 entry help : No problem aussie sent you a pm
    Posted by churchy18
    thanks.  PM'd you too.
  • edited February 2016
    Posted by 3chips
    Hi Chips. there is one more option.

make priority asap. then speak to customer service. you'd be able to transfer your seat (sell).
  • edited February 2016
    listen churchy I am not complaining I just asked the question and yea I did win it in the freeroll fair and square and i only just joined but you have to start somewhere and I did and won a seat sorry if this upsets you

it wasn't hard to find the forum you cant miss it its on the tool bar of the poker site
    wouldn't have asked the question if it was going to cause all this bother