You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£1.000.000 entry help

2»

Comments

• edited February 2016

Cliffs.

Player A 'wins' a seat in a f/roll and for whatever reason cannot make target tournament. Loses seat, gets no compensation. 

Player B wins/gains a seat and is priority player/multi sat player. Can then sell/transfer seat and/or get cash for the seat. 

T & C's are there in place but this always causes some grey areas.

I just feel sorry for the genuine players who have sometimes freerolled themselves a seat, by no fault of their own, and are then treated differently.

PS...welcome to the forum & Sky Poker 3chips
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: £1.000.000 entry help:
    listen churchy I am not complaining I just asked the question and yea I did win it in the freeroll fair and square and i only just joined but you have to start somewhere and I did and won a seat sorry if this upsets you it wasn't hard to find the forum you cant miss it its on the tool bar of the poker site wouldn't have asked the question if it was going to cause all this bother
    Posted by 3chips
    3chips i am really sorry if you are new too the site and i hope if you manage too play the ukpc that you have a great time and run well in it.

welcome too the community and all the best
  • edited February 2016
    listen churchy I am not complaining I just asked the question and yea I did win it in the freeroll fair and square and i only just joined but you have to start somewhere and I did and won a seat sorry if this upsets you it wasn't hard to find the forum you cant miss it its on the tool bar of the poker site wouldn't have asked the question if it was going to cause all this bother
    Posted by 3chips
    Hi m8,

I can only apologise for all this. It's generally a decent place, we have a bit of banter & stuff, but this is all a bit embarrassing. 

Stick around, we'll be fine.

• edited February 2016
    no worries tikay one thing I want to say is I would never try and con anyone I joined sky poker because I told it is a good site I used to be with 888, I don't usually play freerolls but I thought why not if your not in it you wont win it and I won the seat, I was over the moon I thought it will be a good experience because I have only played poker online for small buy ins, since I joined sky poker I have won more than I have lost :) so no offence taken
  • edited February 2016
    no worries tikay one thing I want to say is I would never try and con anyone I joined sky poker because I told it is a good site I used to be with 888, I don't usually play freerolls but I thought why not if your not in it you wont win it and I won the seat, I was over the moon I thought it will be a good experience because I have only played poker online for small buy ins, since I joined sky poker I have won more than I have lost :) so no offence taken
    Posted by 3chips
    That's most gracious of you, I'm not sure, if it were me, I could have been so chilled about it all.

There is a bit of a history here right now towards new players which, I have to say, is completely illogical to me. New players are a good thing, for all of us.

Anyway, I hope you can get along to DTD, if so, come say Hi, & I'll introduce you to Neil Channing & a few other faces.

• edited February 2016
    you gotta go 3chips and introduce yersel to Tikay cuz believe me he will make your day
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: £1.000.000 entry help : That's most gracious of you, I'm not sure, if it were me, I could have been so chilled about it all. There is a bit of a history here right now towards new players which, I have to say, is completely illogical to me. New players are a good thing, for all of us. Anyway, I hope you can get along to DTD, if so, come say Hi, & I'll introduce you to Neil Channing & a few other faces.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Introduce yourself 3 chips, just don't mention trains or concrete. You could there a while otherwise. 
  • edited February 2016
    will know whats happening with the dates when I get back from my trip to Amsterdam going tomorrow back Tuesday :):)
    yea that would be good Tikay meeting you in person, its defo looking like thurs best for me will you still be able sort it when I let you know next Tuesday pal, also Tikay can you give me a bit of a run down on what happens on day 1  its my first time in a competition like I said in earlier post I only played small buy ins lol cheers
  • edited February 2016
    will know whats happening with the dates when I get back from my trip to Amsterdam going tomorrow back Tuesday :):) yea that would be good Tikay meeting you in person, its defo looking like thurs best for me will you still be able sort it when I let you know next Tuesday pal, also Tikay can you give me a bit of a run down on what happens on day 1  its my first time in a competition like I said in earlier post I only played small buy ins lol cheers
    Posted by 3chips
    Will do, I'm out of time today, but I'll do it over the weekend.

Enjoy Amsterdam.

• edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: £1.000.000 entry help : That's most gracious of you, I'm not sure, if it were me, I could have been so chilled about it all. There is a bit of a history here right now towards new players which, I have to say, is completely illogical to me. New players are a good thing, for all of us. Anyway, I hope you can get along to DTD, if so, come say Hi, & I'll introduce you to Neil Channing & a few other faces.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Personally i don,t think theres any bad feelings toward new players. They,re always needed and wanted. Just think a minority of cheats have brought suspicion upon them especially during big promo,s for newbies.

I have to admit my 1st thought was the same as Churchys, but thats just me being cynical 

GL 3chips - Update on thread as to how you get on

P
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: £1.000.000 entry help : Personally i don,t think theres any bad feelings toward new players. They,re always needed and wanted. Just think a minority of cheats have brought suspicion upon them especially during big promo,s for newbies. I have to admit my 1st thought was the same as Churchys, but thats just me being cynical  GL 3chips - Update on thread as to how you get on P
    Posted by MP33
    Maybe so, & I doubt you were alone, but it is one thing thinking it, & another writing it on an open Forum. I don't think any of us could or should go round accusing people of cheating when we don't have a shred of evidence. The Business goes to a lot of effort to get new players, & we need new blood on this forum, & the chap did not exactly get a warm welcome.

Anyway, let's move on please.  
  • edited February 2016

Hi 3 chips..
    You want to sell it, dont you?;-)
    If thats the case,send me a message,and we can negotitate a deal
    cheers
    lovejunky
  • edited February 2016
    Hi 3 chips.. You want to sell it, dont you?;-) If thats the case,send me a message,and we can negotitate a deal cheers lovejunky
    Posted by lovejunky
    Morning.

Don't want to pour cold water on your initiative, but as far as I am aware, Sky Poker UKPC seats won in qualifiers & Promos cannot be sold.

"No cash alternative is available for any part of the Sky Poker UKPC Main Event seat. Winners must not sell or transfer their Sky Poker UKPC Main Event seat to any third party"

There may be exceptions to this, I've no idea. However, my current instructions at the venue are that ONLY the player who won the seat will be eligible to play. Sky Poker will send across the names & addresses, DOB etc of all winners, & when players arrive at DTD they will need to be a Member, or show ID to become a Member. At present, unless I'm told otherwise, only the player who won the seat is eligible to play.  

PS - Nearly a nice result on Saturday, thought your lads had that sewn up.

• edited February 2016
    Is it one rule then for new poker players and one rule for existing ones?

I have been reading through the forum chat thread and have seen at least one person say that a winner of a milestone promotion is giving away his seat to a regular player on here on the basis of a 50/50 split of any winnings and Sky Poker have agreed to this.  Is this because both those players are regulars and 3chips is a new player so he is not allowed to transfer his seat?
  • edited February 2016
    Is it one rule then for new poker players and one rule for existing ones? I have been reading through the forum chat thread and have seen at least one person say that a winner of a milestone promotion is giving away his seat to a regular player on here on the basis of a 50/50 split of any winnings and Sky Poker have agreed to this.  Is this because both those players are regulars and 3chips is a new player so he is not allowed to transfer his seat?
    Posted by LuckyAl915
    I have absolutely no idea, sorry.

I have certain responsibilities @ UKPC, & I've simply explained the instructions I have been given, & quoted the T & C's, as I'd not want to see lovejunky buy a pup.

As with all things, I daresay exceptions have, or will be, made, if adequate reason exists, & at Management's discretion, but in this particular case, I've not been given a waiver.

I would certainly hazard a guess that someone who won a seat in a New Player Freeroll would not be allowed to sell or transfer it under any circumstances, for obvious reasons. That's all I was pointing out. As I understood it, the question from lovejunky was hypothetical anyway.  

• edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: £1.000.000 entry help : Morning. Don't want to pour cold water on your initiative, but as far as I am aware, Sky Poker UKPC seats won in qualifiers & Promos cannot be sold. "No cash alternative is available for any part of the Sky Poker UKPC Main Event seat. Winners must not sell or transfer their Sky Poker UKPC Main Event seat to any third party" There may be exceptions to this, I've no idea. However, my current instructions at the venue are that ONLY the player who won the seat will be eligible to play. Sky Poker will send across the names & addresses, DOB etc of all winners, & when players arrive at DTD they will need to be a Member, or show ID to become a Member. At present, unless I'm told otherwise, only the player who won the seat is eligible to play.   PS - Nearly a nice result on Saturday, thought your lads had that sewn up.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    I Thought this would be the case tikay.
    If you could drop me a line if anything changes,it would be much appreciated.
    As for the football...its lookin a bit daunting isnt it..:)
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: £1.000.000 entry help : I have absolutely no idea, sorry. I have certain responsibilities @ UKPC, & I've simply explained the instructions I have been given, & quoted the T & C's, as I'd not want to see lovejunky buy a pup. As with all things, I daresay exceptions have, or will be, made, if adequate reason exists, & at Management's discretion, but in this particular case, I've not been given a waiver.   I would certainly hazard a guess that someone who won a seat in a New Player Freeroll would not be allowed to sell or transfer it under any circumstances, for obvious reasons. That's all I was pointing out. As I understood it, the question from lovejunky was hypothetical anyway.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    I have just seen,theres another round of qualifiers this week.
    Apologies, i thought last week,was the last chance to qualify.evidently not.
    I Shall see what i can do
  • edited March 2016
    Just wondering how you got on?

Also tikay any clarification on the post from luckyal about why certain players could gift/sell seats away yet others could not?
    oh yeah miss one thing Milestone Hand Winner: Dr_F sent me a email saying he couldnt play the ukpc due to work so sky was happy for the seat to be passed to someone else so he asked me and we aggreed on 50% spilt so very happy to take that offer. So thank you to DR F.

and here is why people feel a bit confussed and annoyed by skys t&cs...

No cash alternative is available for any part of the Sky Poker UKPC Main Event seat. Winners must not sell or transfer their Sky Poker UKPC Main Event seat to any third party and winners are responsible for the payment of any applicable tax, if any, due on winning the Prize, and/or any prize money won by participating in the Event.

As it does seem that the rules are there to be broken/bent when it suits whoever decides as thats the way it comes across esspecially after you read the terms and conditions....

and then there is these t&cs from the rewards freerolls with free seats added....

Q6. I have won a UKPC seat, but am unable to attend - what happens? 

By taking part in the New Player UKPC Freerolls you are agreeing to your availability for the dates of the UK Poker Championship, which is from 24th-29th February. There will be no cash or any other alternative prize if a player cannot make the dates. The package is also not transferrable. In the instance that a player cannot attend, the seat will be offered to the player that finished 7th in the UKPC Freeroll.

Pretty sure i am not the only person who would like to know how it seems these rules got changed could dig up more t&cs but think this will do.

• edited March 2016
    Seems like you are mixing up different promos and different terms and conditions.
  • edited March 2016
    there fixed matt but it is the t&cs for the promos leading upto ukops and it quite clearly states...

No cash alternative is available for any part of the Sky Poker UKPC Main Event seat. Winners must not sell or transfer their Sky Poker UKPC Main Event seat to any third party

and tikays post from above confirms this..
    Morning.

Don't want to pour cold water on your initiative, but as far as I am aware, Sky Poker UKPC seats won in qualifiers & Promos cannot be sold.

"No cash alternative is available for any part of the Sky Poker UKPC Main Event seat. Winners must not sell or transfer their Sky Poker UKPC Main Event seat to any third party"

There may be exceptions to this, I've no idea. However, my current instructions at the venue are that ONLY the player who won the seat will be eligible to play. Sky Poker will send across the names & addresses, DOB etc of all winners, & when players arrive at DTD they will need to be a Member, or show ID to become a Member. At present, unless I'm told otherwise, only the player who won the seat is eligible to play.  

PS - Nearly a nice result on Saturday, thought your lads had that sewn up.

• edited March 2016
    Just wondering how you got on? Also tikay any clarification on the post from luckyal about why certain players could gift/sell seats away yet others could not? oh yeah miss one thing Milestone Hand Winner: Dr_F sent me a email saying he couldnt play the ukpc due to work so sky was happy for the seat to be passed to someone else so he asked me and we aggreed on 50% spilt so very happy to take that offer. So thank you to DR F. and here is why people feel a bit confussed and annoyed by skys t&cs... No cash alternative is available for any part of the Sky Poker UKPC Main Event seat. Winners must not sell or transfer their Sky Poker UKPC Main Event seat to any third party and winners are responsible for the payment of any applicable tax, if any, due on winning the Prize, and/or any prize money won by participating in the Event. As it does seem that the rules are there to be broken/bent when it suits whoever decides as thats the way it comes across esspecially after you read the terms and conditions.... and then there is these t&cs from the rewards freerolls with free seats added.... Q6. I have won a UKPC seat, but am unable to attend - what happens?  By taking part in the New Player UKPC Freerolls you are agreeing to your availability for the dates of the UK Poker Championship, which is from 24th-29th February. There will be no cash or any other alternative prize if a player cannot make the dates. The package is also not transferrable. In the instance that a player cannot attend, the seat will be offered to the player that finished 7th in the UKPC Freeroll. Pretty sure i am not the only person who would like to know how it seems these rules got changed could dig up more t&cs but think this will do.
    Posted by churchy18

Hi Brian,

I have no idea what the circumstance of this were. It may have been with good reason, by design, or by accident, perhaps the player was mistakenly informed by CC, I genuinely have no idea.

The Business is not accountable to you & I for every decision they make, & it's a private matter between The Business & the Client, so I don't have the right or any plans to ask them.

If you wish to take it up with CC, feel free, but they won't discuss private matters with you that involve other players.

Were you in some way inconvenienced or disadvantaged by this? I'm somewhat puzzled why you seem so fixated with it.

Rules are there for a reason, & are enforced as necessary. A good business which obsesses about it's Clients will also make exceptions where they deem them appropriate. I believe that's a good thing.

You also seemed troubled last night, when we shared Tables, as to why some players have no "Field Address" shown. Again, I have no idea, players can change the info on the field address or even include a message if they wish, I gather.
  • edited March 2016
    there fixed matt but it is the t&cs for the promos leading upto ukops and it quite clearly states... No cash alternative is available for any part of the Sky Poker UKPC Main Event seat. Winners must not sell or transfer their Sky Poker UKPC Main Event seat to any third party and tikays post from above confirms this.. Morning. Don't want to pour cold water on your initiative, but as far as I am aware, Sky Poker UKPC seats won in qualifiers & Promos cannot be sold. "No cash alternative is available for any part of the Sky Poker UKPC Main Event seat. Winners must not sell or transfer their Sky Poker UKPC Main Event seat to any third party" There may be exceptions to this, I've no idea. However, my current instructions at the venue are that ONLY the player who won the seat will be eligible to play. Sky Poker will send across the names & addresses, DOB etc of all winners, & when players arrive at DTD they will need to be a Member, or show ID to become a Member. At present, unless I'm told otherwise, only the player who won the seat is eligible to play.   PS - Nearly a nice result on Saturday, thought your lads had that sewn up.  
    Posted by churchy18

I replied correctly, see above.
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: £1.000.000 entry help : Hi Brian, I have no idea what the circumstance of this were. It may have been with good reason, by design, or by accident, perhaps the player was mistakenly informed by CC, I genuinely have no idea.   The Business is not accountable to you & I for every decision they make, & it's a private matter between The Business & the Client, so I don't have the right or any plans to ask them.   If you wish to take it up with CC, feel free, but they won't discuss private matters with you that involve other players. Were you in some way inconvenienced or disadvantaged by this? I'm somewhat puzzled why you seem so fixated with it. Rules are there for a reason, & are enforced as necessary. A good business which obsesses about it's Clients will also make exceptions where they deem them appropriate. I believe that's a good thing.   You also seemed troubled last night, when we shared Tables, as to why some players have no "Field Address" shown. Again, I have no idea, players can change the info on the field address or even include a message if they wish, I gather.

As i said just wondered and not troubled at all was just 1st time i have ever seen on the note bit that where mine has the word location and then lochwinnoch that the other player never had the word location was not troubled just curious

And as for
    inconvenienced or disadvantaged not at all but think all players should be treated same way and not different rules for some

P.s off to bed the now just finished a 8 hour shift but will be back on later.
  • edited March 2016

It's not "different rules for some", nor is it "one rule for the rich & another for the poor", a cliché we see trotted out way too often.

It's just as I explained earlier, no more, no less.

The avatar field address thing has never changed since Sky Poker began, as far as I know. Greg Hogg used to change his avatar between hands, & others inserted all sort of weird things where the Address is intended to be. That field address is not linked in any way to Back Office, it's meaningless really, players can put what they want in there so long as it is compliant.  It was just a bit awkward to answer that when you asked, as you know, I was 6 tabling & my dexterity is not what it was. Nor is it easy to type when playing, as it can end up with raising inadvertently, which was exactly what happened - I min bet Mr Nut Full House. That sure ended well, especially when he saw my hand was J high, no low.  ;)

• edited March 2016
    Churchy is getting his March forum breakdown in early doors.

Wonder what April will bring?
  • edited March 2016
    Churchy is getting his March forum breakdown in early doors. Wonder what April will bring?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Showers
  • edited March 2016

It's not "different rules for some", nor is it "one rule for the rich & another for the poor", a cliché we see trotted out way too often.
    So why was it allowed some could transfer a non transferable seat then as the t&cs clearly state

so from my point it does seem like
    It's  "different rules for some", or should i say it is different rules for some as has clearly been shown. really don't want to fall out tony but how must it look to players new&old who won seats but could not go and could not  sell or transfer yet others could?

Thats me done with this thread not going anywhere as no matter the facts only going to be one winner :{

Hyff sshh ur boring now
  • edited March 2016
    It's not "different rules for some", nor is it "one rule for the rich & another for the poor", a cliché we see trotted out way too often. So why was it allowed some could transfer a non transferable seat then as the t&cs clearly state "No cash alternative is available for any part of the Sky Poker UKPC Main Event seat. Winners must not sell or transfer their Sky Poker UKPC Main Event seat to any third party" so from my point it does seem like It's  "different rules for some", or should i say it is different rules for some as has clearly been shown. really don't want to fall out tony but how must it look to players new&old who won seats but could not go and could not  sell or transfer yet others could? Thats me done with this thread not going anywhere as no matter the facts only going to be one winner :{ Hyff sshh ur boring now
    Posted by churchy18
    Fall out? Eh? Why does have a different opinion mean we "fall out"?

I gave my answer very clearly......

"I have no idea what the circumstance of this were. It may have been with good reason, by design, or by accident, perhaps the player was mistakenly informed by CC, I genuinely have no idea."

That's how life is Brian, & always will be, There are rules, there are exceptions, & there are, on occasion, mistakes.

What will it look like to new/old people on the site? Well assuming they don't have an agenda, & are not mistrustful, it'll look like the facts, as to how it is. They have no good reason to distrust Sky Poker. And if they do distrust Sky Poker, nothing I say or do will change that.