You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

RIGGED

Comments

• edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: RIGGED:
    Well done sky staff, laugh at the people who have been conned in your dishonest games. 
    Posted by Durtyass
    i don,t think sky poker should take this s**tt off you or anybody if you conna take the heat dunna play
  • edited February 2016
    In the interest of balance.

It's not rigged.
  • edited February 2016
    must say very well balanced and thought out post mumsie
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: RIGGED : They earn me a few quid as well.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

Yours? ...or do you have a few 'Staff' ??

Great to meet you at Notts. Jon (athon or athan?)

Great posts btw
  • edited February 2016
    Getting back to the original point though...... How on Earth can it be RIGGED? The Betting and Gaming Commission regulate and oversee it all. I'm sure they will have their people watching, playing, and investigating regularly to make sure everything is above board, and I know companies like SKYBET can't afford for anything whatsoever to be found to be out of order. Imagine having to pay everyone back like the PPI scandal !!!

Sounds like a case of Sour Grapes from someone who has suffered at the hands of a better player/or someone who just got lucky, and if you don't believe that people get lucky, just read the fantastic posts from the UKPC that TiKay and the Team are doing up there.
  • edited March 2016
    defo rigged this site , completely unbeleivable beats one after the other shortly after u cash out , also hands are set up to create action , more so in head to head sit n gos and low dym tables . i know every one will go on an on about variance and hands played etc but its bo**ocks this site is so obv rigged its commical . i still play for a laugh no and them but if u want to make money this site is not for u 
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: RIGGED :   Yours? ...or do you have a few 'Staff' ?? Great to meet you at Notts. Jon (athon or athan?) Great posts btw
    Posted by MISTY4ME
    Apologies, only just seen this! 4 weeks late :(

No staff sadly, though Jac35 is my bitc....

Likewise Misty.

Jon (athan!)
  • edited April 2016
    just got knocked out of tourney ,had 5's pre, flop 556, happy birthday how do I get chips into the pot i'm thinking. No need to worry someone leads out for 270 I flat, turn 6 leads out again for half his chips I instantly put them all in figuring they have a 6, (they have) call for all their chips , river another 6. Fixed god knows but nearly put the computer screen in
  • edited April 2016
    were as you say its rigged the hole cards are dealt random anything else is definstley not random iv seen so many hands were thres a pair on eather the flop or you get turn and river i just  played a dym were fifteen hands in a row wer dealt with a pair on the flop or turn pairs the bord there were four running five cards for a flush in nine hands a full house beat by a higher full house notice you get top two par on flop and always get sucked out? its regulated by the isle of man gambling authourity wich is a joke its a tax haven poker stars and full tilt run from there as do many others internet poker is now ileagle in america i wonder why? how often is sky poker audited?im not saying they use bots or house players like some sites but some players decisions are shocking to say the least and they always hit mirical suckout with junk tips for spoting bots1 they never chat how ever mutch u goad or bait them 2 they snap call with junk hands and hit its not as bad as poker stars were you constantly se runner runner runner suckouts for mirical hands but iv noticed so many times how many full houses are dealt in a single game to mutch for coincidence iv been lucky enough to win a tourney (a £300 rebuy ) and final tabled a few everyone says its varience i just play for fun with my profits from sky bet( im a semi pro full time sports better just had a bad beat had pocket k in bb get raised called flops k q10 matey goes al in i call hes got q10 rivers a q thats poker!!:(
  • edited April 2016
    were as you say its rigged the hole cards are dealt random anything else is definstley not random iv seen so many hands were thres a pair on eather the flop or you get turn and river i just  played a dym were fifteen hands in a row wer dealt with a pair on the flop or turn pairs the bord there were four running five cards for a flush in nine hands a full house beat by a higher full house notice you get top two par on flop and always get sucked out? its regulated by the isle of man gambling authourity wich is a joke its a tax haven poker stars and full tilt run from there as do many others internet poker is now ileagle in america i wonder why? how often is sky poker audited?im not saying they use bots or house players like some sites but some players decisions are shocking to say the least and they always hit mirical suckout with junk tips for spoting bots1 they never chat how ever mutch u goad or bait them 2 they snap call with junk hands and hit its not as bad as poker stars were you constantly se runner runner runner suckouts for mirical hands but iv noticed so many times how many full houses are dealt in a single game to mutch for coincidence iv been lucky enough to win a tourney (a £300 rebuy ) and final tabled a few everyone says its varience i just play for fun with my profits from sky bet( im a semi pro full time sports better just had a bad beat had pocket k in bb get raised called flops k q10 matey goes al in i call hes got q10 rivers a q thats poker!!:(
    Posted by Gaz680

Got my breath back.

You didn't mention the turn card. Death by quads?

• edited April 2016
    Posted by Gaz680
    Let's stick to the facts, please, it is regulated by the UK Gambling Commission, as you can see by looking at the very bottom of this page.
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: RIGGED : Got my breath back. You didn't mention the turn card. Death by quads?
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    LIKE THAT WOULD EVER HAPPEN IN LIVE POKER EH

• edited April 2016
    Quite the hand tonight on the EPT show on C4.

QQ vs KK vs AA all in pre, and someone also passed JJ pre. QQ won and he covered, big stack always wins.
  • edited April 2016
    played again last night in cash game 04/08 I don't usually play cash but thought I would play a little after getting knocked out of tourney early.Had someone raising big every hand or going all in pre flop, calling or re raising anyone who dared to raise first. Find myself looking down at aces (happy days) he raises as expected, I would normally reraise or flat here depending if I have history with the person but decide to go all in for £8 something expecting him to call based on what I had witnessed before, he duly calls for his £5.80 left, turns over A4 (now really happy days) flop k59 all over I think, turn 2, river 3. Rigged? god knows but it seems to be happening all to regular where a rag ace always seems to win, is sky rewarding bad calls (players) in order to keep them playing? I keep playing because overall i'm a winning player, im aware you are going to have some bad beats but sometimes its does your head in. I would like to play at a higher level on sky but its these hands that stop me  
  • edited April 2016
    I know it has been said before but it can't be a coincidence that the rigged brigade are always the worst with grammar and spelling.
  • edited April 2016
    I know it has been said before but it can't be a coincidence that the rigged brigade are always the worst with grammar and spelling.
    Posted by jdsallstar

Dont be so rood. You can tawk anyway mate, never herd of a commer?
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: RIGGED : LIKE THAT WOULD EVER HAPPEN IN LIVE POKER EH
    Posted by scouse_red

Well live poker is regulated by the Panama Gambling Outfit, so that doesn't surprise me.

• edited April 2016
    Quite the hand tonight on the EPT show on C4. QQ vs KK vs AA all in pre, and someone also passed JJ pre. QQ won and he covered, big stack always wins.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    KK V AJ.

Flop Axx
    Turn A
    River A

Easy game!
  • edited April 2016
    If online poker was rigged you'd think live poker is even more rigged.

AA v KJdd
    Ah 9c Qd 10d Ad
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: RIGGED : KK V AJ. Flop Axx Turn A River A Easy game!
    Posted by waller02
    :(
  • edited April 2016
    Quite the hand tonight on the EPT show on C4. QQ vs KK vs AA all in pre, and someone also passed JJ pre. QQ won and he covered, big stack always wins.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

55 too (the initial raiser who folded after all the PF heat behind him)

Bonkers!

• edited April 2016
    How did I post the above at 9.42 when I was in the pub until 10 last night?
  • edited April 2016
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

The forum software is still operating in GMT/UTC

• edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: RIGGED : The forum software is still operating in GMT/UTC
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Ah I see, I'm not going crazy :)

Sort it out Sky!
  • edited April 2016
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    they've rigged the clock so people stay online for an extra hour! sneaky! 
  • edited April 2016

Just played the 6.45 tourney kings in the big blind, under the gun doubles the blind (blinds 15/30) 2 callers and round to me , I made it 280 to thin field out, utg goes all in one of the other callers goes all in both have around their starting stacks as we only 12 mins into comp, I immediately call UTG ak ,other person 8's flop AJ8 ,I end up 3rd. Fully understand the AK push but at what stage would anyone think their 8's where in front with a big raise followed by an all in. Rigged don't think so but am really starting to think there is something wrong

• edited April 2016
    Just played the 6.45 tourney kings in the big blind, under the gun doubles the blind (blinds 15/30) 2 callers and round to me , I made it 280 to thin field out, utg goes all in one of the other callers goes all in both have around their starting stacks as we only 12 mins into comp, I immediately call UTG ak ,other person 8's flop AJ8 ,I end up 3rd. Fully understand the AK push but at what stage would anyone think their 8's where in front with a big raise followed by an all in. Rigged don't think so but am really starting to think there is something wrong
    Posted by bert21

There's an element to poker what is called 'luck' ;-)

It's like what happens for the people who win £35,000,000 on the lotto. It's not rigged and there isn't "something wrong".

• edited April 2016
    maybe but everyone on the lottery has same starting chance about 45 million to one ? but poker different I think, yes you need a lot of luck but if someone puts a big raise in another comes over the top all in if you have 8's and still got your starting stack early in comp are you trying to tell me you are expecting to win, you are risking your tourney on 2 outs
  • edited April 2016
    Posted by bert21
    Hi Bert,

So what exactly do you think it is, if you accept it is not "rigged"?
  • edited April 2016
    maybe but everyone on the lottery has same starting chance about 45 million to one ? but poker different I think, yes you need a lot of luck but if someone puts a big raise in another comes over the top all in if you have 8's and still got your starting stack early in comp are you trying to tell me you are expecting to win, you are risking your tourney on 2 outs
    Posted by bert21
    Some players want to gamble early, to get a stack or bust.

Pocket 8's man does not HAVE to be on a 2 outer, far from it. If both the other two villains have A-K, pocket 8's man is a 55% favourite to win the 3 way coup.

If you are going to try to understand why some players appear to do the craziest things, then you need to grasp that they always have, still do, & always will do thinks which seem inexplicable to others. Thank goodness. 

For the record, in this EXACT coup, & ignoring suits, here are the pre flop odds;

A-K - 29.74%

K-K - 49.91%

8-8 - 19.65%

So you were only 50% to win the hand.

So, roughly speaking, how often should a 50% chance win? Half the time. And so it will lose half the time.

Now turn that into tossing a coin, a 50-50 coin flip. If you call heads & it comes down tails would it really surprise you much? 

Those were your odds - 50%. You had a coin flip.