You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Viva Las Vegas 2016 is up & running.

Comments

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas 2016 is up & running.:
    - The £3,500 package - how does that add up to £3500 please?  Cash award is £1000, Tourney entry is $1111 = £800ish (even allowing for a poor exchange rate of less than 1.4) and the Palazzo Hotel is showing on most travel sites (Trivago, Booking.com, Expedia etc) as only being £1,100 for the 7 nights in a suite.  By my reckonings that is roughly £2,900.00 - is the other £600 towards the players dinner (not sure I could survive eating or drinking that much lol). I'm only asking as a few questioned this in the chat boxes last night and I know there's probably an explanation I've just missed.
    Posted by IrishRose
    Sorry - please excuse me - stupid post deleted
  • edited March 2016
    I can't play any of the finals so will be going to Vegas independently.
    It would be nice to meet some of the regulars - I'd particularly like to meet hhftrfdtr, preferably in a car park.

• edited March 2016
    I can't play any of the finals so will be going to Vegas independently. It would be nice to meet some of the regulars - I'd particularly like to meet hhftrfdtr, preferably in a car park.
    Posted by BigBluster
    Urban dogging isn't my thing, but each to their own.
  • edited March 2016
    I can't play any of the finals so will be going to Vegas independently. It would be nice to meet some of the regulars - I'd particularly like to meet hhftrfdtr, preferably in a car park.
    Posted by BigBluster
    In a Lovey Dovey way .......... Glasgow Kiss.
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas 2016 is up & running. : Urban dogging isn't my thing, but each to their own.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

Nice one.

• edited March 2016

I'll reply to the questions from Rose & Batesy later, or tomorrow morning, I've not forgotten them.

There was an error on the Satellite Tree, some confusion between Saturdays & Sundays, that has now been corrected.

Any other questions, just ask.  

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas 2016 is up & running. : Urban dogging isn't my thing, but each to their own.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Sounds interesting
  • edited March 2016
    What happens if you win a£3k package and then later win a £10k package?
  • edited March 2016
    I wish everyone luck who plays in these satellites, every time you hear of some who have made it who would never have got there, or even be expected to get there otherwise. You can't win a raffle if you don't buy a ticket. Unfortunately I will probably not be doing it myself this time (insurance problems) though I am itching to give it a go anyway. I suspect though I will be able to follow how everyone is doing on here as I am sure there will be a thread as usual, and I enjoy following it.
  • edited March 2016
    [QUOTE]What happens if you win a£3k package and then later win a £10k package?
    Posted by wynne1938

You have to run round the M25 Naked.
  • edited March 2016
    Posted by wynne1938
    We hurl abuse at you for being a lucky xxx
  • edited March 2016
    Posted by wynne1938
    You'll be a very very very popular young man - especially if you need a plus one lol xx

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas 2016 is up & running. : I was intrigued by this so I had a look myself. There is not much to dispute about the £1000 cash, the entrance fee is a fraction under £800 at the moment. The hotel is more interesting, as it depends whether the taxes etc. have been added and which room you have. Different agents charge different amounts. If we assume its the luxury king size room and pay all resort fees taxes etc. I get a total package price of somewhere between £2800 and £3300 depending who you deal with. If it is another room then the price can go very high. depending on the room.
    Posted by Sir-Gary
    You should be ashamed of yourself. A man from Leicester should be able to haggle down those prices. You bring my cousins into disrepute. Hope you can make it sir, if you do the cousins can help with insurance that fell off the back of the lorry...delete after reading. My love to the good lady
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas 2016 is up & running. : You should be ashamed of yourself. A man from Leicester should be able to haggle down those prices. You bring my cousins into disrepute. Hope you can make it sir, if you do the cousins can help with insurance that fell off the back of the lorry...delete after reading. My love to the good lady
    Posted by CxE1
    I spoke to your cousins, they offered me a very good deal providing I didn't require paperwork or anything like that, and they wanted paying in cash. I was to put it in a plain brown evelope and leave it behind the second radiator on the left at the railway station. Still they seemed honest. Is your daughter planning on going to Las Vegas with you if you make it?
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas 2016 is up & running. : Sounds interesting
    Posted by gonedoggin
    :)

Some good urban dogging locations in Oxford, I'm told.
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas 2016 is up & running. : I spoke to your cousins, they offered me a very good deal providing I didn't require paperwork or anything like that, and they wanted paying in cash. I was to put it in a plain brown evelope and leave it behind the second radiator on the left at the railway station. Still they seemed honest. Is your daughter planning on going to Las Vegas with you if you make it?
    Posted by Sir-Gary
    You could always do what the athlete Reg Speirs done in the 60's.  Google is ya friend.  ;-)
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas 2016 is up & running. : You could always do what the athlete Reg Speirs done in the 60's.  Google is ya friend.  ;-)
    Posted by Glenelg

I thought nowadays you were supposed to think outside the box

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas 2016 is up & running. : I spoke to your cousins, they offered me a very good deal providing I didn't require paperwork or anything like that, and they wanted paying in cash. I was to put it in a plain brown evelope and leave it behind the second radiator on the left at the railway station. Still they seemed honest. Is your daughter planning on going to Las Vegas with you if you make it?
    Posted by Sir-Gary
    she is already packing her bags. If the cousins lets you down I have a Nigerian friend you can talk to.
  • edited March 2016
    Posted by wynne1938
    Sir.

(You get "Sir" on account of age - consider it a compliment).

Apart from being seriously good or lucky, or both, it's fine to win a £3.5k package & a £10k package. You can win either or both, (in theory), but you cannot win two of either.

Here's the relevant T & C's.

Viva Las Vegas Additional Terms and Conditions

1. Each player is eligible to win one package worth £3,500 and one Viva Las Vegas package worth £10,000. A player can win both packages, but cannot win two packages of the same value. Any player who is eligible to win more than one package; will not be awarded with any alternative cash or prize in any format. This includes packages that are won via satellites, freerolls or any other means. The relevant additional prize will be awarded to the next eligible player.

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas 2016 is up & running. : she is already packing her bags. If the cousins lets you down I have a Nigerian friend you can talk to.
    Posted by CxE1
    Shreya (hope I spelt that correctly, but at least I remembered this time. Probably....) would love Vegas, that's for sure. Be great if you win a VLV package.

PS - Thanks for popping over to se me during UKPC. Sorry if I was a little distracted, I was rather busy & my head was spinning, but I appreciated the gesture.

• edited March 2016
    Of course there are other items to be covered like the hospitallity suite meals out etc. I was going to mention the cost of TK's latte, but there has been a disaster on that front :-)
    Posted by Sir-Gary
    Yup, there's a little more expenditure & cost than just adding up the component parts, Gary, as you wisely note.

I'm currently in non-latte (or sticky bun) mode, but if I were to go to Vegas this year, you can rest assured lattes, sticky buns, burgers, chips & all manner of wonderfully bad food will be back on my list.  
  • edited March 2016
    What exchange rate was used to get £3,500 and £10,000 value packages? As I'm sure we are all aware, the strength of the £ against the $ is slipping, so if the package was worth £3,500 last summer, this year it's probably worth £3,511.

Highly misleading stuff from Sky.
  • edited March 2016
    Great to see this back, if the final beats the guaranteed seats is it money for the next spots or a package?
    Posted by MattBates
    Hi Matthew,

I can't answer that yet awhile, but the various Finals (there are 4 in all) are some way off yet, & I'll ensure you have a clear answer before the first one.

It's kind of awkward to answer right now, as the full extent of Viva Las Vegas has yet to be announced, & I believe some more VLV news will be released quite soon.

X packages have been purchased, & all have been allocated to either satellites, Promos or whatever, but it may be the case that a "spare" becomes available, so that may alter the plan. However, as far as I am aware, we cannot purchase any more packages, so for now, some flexibility is needed before I can answer the question properly.

For general information, the current Satellite final dates are as follows:

Sidey Package

Saturday 2nd April

Saturday 30th April

Saturday 28th May

Main Package

Sunday 29th May. 

Be a great weekend on the site, that last one in May, with cheers & tears galore.   
  • edited March 2016
    What exchange rate was used to get £3,500 and £10,000 value packages? As I'm sure we are all aware, the strength of the £ against the $ is slipping, so if the package was worth £3,500 last summer, this year it's probably worth £3,511. Highly misleading stuff from Sky.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Behave, lol, that's a sore point.

Roughly speaking, in July 2015, $10,000 cost £6,400. Today it's nearer £7,100. Oucho.

I have no idea at what rate, or when, the packages were billed or paid for though. For sure, it's costing a lot more this year. Same for everyone though, them swings & swongs.   

• edited March 2016
    Well Mr Tikay - I have tried my very best to qualify - and I'm not sure if I managed it just because they're all hung over from UKPC or whether it was just due to a bit of run good - but either way I'm not complaining!!  Looking forward to trying (and probably busting) both semi finals at the weekend. Can I ask a couple of questions though please? 1 - The £10,000 package is described as being 10 nights stay - but my workings make the Thurs 7th to Monday 18th an 11 night stay.  Just trying to make sure that Sky will be paying for all the 11 nights lol. 2 - The £3,500 package - how does that add up to £3500 please?  Cash award is £1000, Tourney entry is $1111 = £800ish (even allowing for a poor exchange rate of less than 1.4) and the Palazzo Hotel is showing on most travel sites (Trivago, Booking.com, Expedia etc) as only being £1,100 for the 7 nights in a suite.  By my reckonings that is roughly £2,900.00 - is the other £600 towards the players dinner (not sure I could survive eating or drinking that much lol). I'm only asking as a few questioned this in the chat boxes last night and I know there's probably an explanation I've just missed.
    Posted by IrishRose
    You've forgotten a few things there Rose, unlike most of the other operators, Sky Poker really make an effort to support the players on these Vegas packages, & we've never had a dissatisfied Vegas Package winner yet, or not that I can remember, & I've done every previous one.

There will be a Welcome Party in a Private Room at Palazzo, eats & alcohol, all you can eat/drink, a Players Dinner, ditto ditto, &, fingers crossed, a day out somewhere. In addition, you'll be ferried across from Palazzo to The Rio every day by cab or Limo assuming you are ready in time, we generally have our own little fleet of cabs lined up, & we go across together, like a little charabanc outing, which Sky Poker pay for. Incidentally, the welcome Party, Players Dinner, potential outing, & cab/limo across to the Rio each playing day includes your +1, it's not just the player.  

The Sky Poker "Support Team" will be, I believe, 5 strong, including Dan from Sky Poker TV, & Mr Channing, plus 2 or 3 Staff to update & generally look after the players. That's a hefty cost, but that's how Sky Poker want to do it.

The packages were purchased from a Third Party, same as last year (& Punta Cana), so they'll add a profit margin too. Put simply, they can ONLY do VLV by using a third party provider. That's why VLV stopped for 2 years, as there are GC complications in doing it ourselves, not to mention lack of resource to do all the booking, admin, buying in the players etc.

In my personal opinion, looking at what it costs is the wrong way to look at it. Sky Poker will be providing, based on past experience, THE BEST Package of any operator, bar none. They have not set out to make it cheap, they have set out to make it the best package out there & an unforgettable experience. 

There may be cheaper packages on offer elsewhere, but there won't be better ones.

This is Waitrose, not Lidl. ;)    

• edited March 2016
    Well Mr Tikay - I have tried my very best to qualify - and I'm not sure if I managed it just because they're all hung over from UKPC or whether it was just due to a bit of run good - but either way I'm not complaining!!  Looking forward to trying (and probably busting) both semi finals at the weekend. Can I ask a couple of questions though please? 1 - The £10,000 package is described as being 10 nights stay - but my workings make the Thurs 7th to Monday 18th an 11 night stay.  Just trying to make sure that Sky will be paying for all the 11 nights lol. 2 - The £3,500 package - how does that add up to £3500 please?  Cash award is £1000, Tourney entry is $1111 = £800ish (even allowing for a poor exchange rate of less than 1.4) and the Palazzo Hotel is showing on most travel sites (Trivago, Booking.com, Expedia etc) as only being £1,100 for the 7 nights in a suite.  By my reckonings that is roughly £2,900.00 - is the other £600 towards the players dinner (not sure I could survive eating or drinking that much lol). I'm only asking as a few questioned this in the chat boxes last night and I know there's probably an explanation I've just missed.
    Posted by IrishRose
    Well Ms Rose,

I swerved that part of the question earlier, as when I checked the Landing Page, I could not make any sense of the dates, so I sent a note up to Lord VLV, & I was awaiting his reply.

He has now replied, & you were right, & he was wrong. 

It is an ELEVEN night stay, not a 10 night stay.

The Landing Page has now been edited to reflect that.

By way of reward, if you make it to either of the Viva Las Vegas packages in Vegas, he'll be bringing you a latte to your poker table every few hours. That'll teach him to be more careful in future.    

• edited March 2016
    ^^ Pretty, pretty awesome.
  • edited March 2016

Hi All,

Take it from me, the +1 of KidgirlGY (Main Event 332nd in 2010 on the VLV £10k package), the trip and hospitality that Sky provides is PRICELESS; all the behind the scenes preparations and planning ensure everybody has a trip to remember, and having the likes of Tony and Neil there, puts the cherry on the top . Money can't buy this experience, just hope and run good so you can win a piece of this great action.

Shuffle up and deal.

Dave
  • edited March 2016

Thanks Dave, great memories, and lasting friendships built, eh?

I have to add, though, that I don't know if I will be part of the host/support team yet.

Whoever it is wil do a great job though, I'm sure, and Mr Ambo will definitely be part of the team.
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas 2016 is up & running. : Well Ms Rose, I swerved that part of the question earlier, as when I checked the Landing Page, I could not make any sense of the dates, so I sent a note up to Lord VLV, & I was awaiting his reply. He has now replied, & you were right, & he was wrong.  It is an ELEVEN night stay, not a 10 night stay. The Landing Page has now been edited to reflect that. By way of reward, if you make it to either of the Viva Las Vegas packages in Vegas, he'll be bringing you a latte to your poker table every few hours. That'll teach him to be more careful in future.       
    Posted by Tikay10
    Don't think Rose likes lattes but when and if she does make it, and I'm lucky enough to be her +1 then I will have her lattes. lol