You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

5k freeroll

edited March 2016 in Poker Chat
im trying to register for this tourney but its not letting me ive done what you have to do earn 5 points can you help pls skypoker .

Comments

• edited March 2016
    In Response to 5k freeroll:
    im trying to register for this tourney but its not letting me ive done what you have to do earn 5 points can you help pls skypoker .
    Posted by QueenKiz
    Did you earn the points last week or this week?
  • edited March 2016
    I was wondering why there are 2 freerolls? Is due to the vast amount of players, so rather than run one with 7000 runners they are running two with 3500 each?

Is anybody entered in both? If so, how and why?
  • edited March 2016
    It was due to the to the amount of entrants so you should only be entered in 1 or the other
  • edited March 2016

There were so many players who qualified, that an ADDITIONAL £5,000 Freeroll was added.

Sky Poker then randomly assigned players to one or the other, but not both.

You cannot play both.

All players are pre-registered by Sky Poker.
  • edited March 2016
    It was due to the to the amount of entrants so you should only be entered in 1 or the other
  • edited March 2016
    Ah right, I thought that might be the case. Thanks for the clarification.
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to 5k freeroll:
    Posted by QueenKiz

Hi,

The 2 £5,000 freerolls are for points earned in the five-a-day Promo last week.

Players aware pre registered by Sky Piker, you cannot enter them yourself.

If you believe you should be in one or the other (you cannot be in both) please speak to Customer Care. 
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: 5k freeroll:
    There were so many players who qualified, that an ADDITIONAL £5,000 Freeroll was added. Sky Poker then randomly assigned players to one or the other, but not both. You cannot play both. All players are pre-registered by Sky Poker.
    Posted by Tikay10

Hi, not wishing to appear ungrateful, however why are players pre registered?

It can be a little frustrating for grinders who are trying to play an optimal number of tables and don't want to be in the freeroll, who don't realise they've been registered.

It also creates a situation where lots of players are sat out and it becomes a blind stealing exercise for the players who are there.

I've never really understood why registration is automatic, (unless it is an all in shoot out and players don't need to be there)

For me, I'm not great at multi tabling, and usually just play 4 MTT's at a time. I find if a 5th one like this is added, it creates a -ev situation for me if I try to play it.

Like I said, Sky do some great promos, and some people really love these freerolls. If they were manual entry, the people that really want to play them will of course have more chance in the resulting smaller field.

As said at the beginning, I don't wish to seem ungrateful, it is great that Sky put £10K up in freerolls, it just appears at first glance, to me anyway, that it would be better all around if they were manual entry. Is it auto purely to "even the field size" between the two tournaments?

Cheers,

Graham 

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: 5k freeroll :   don't want to be in the freeroll,  
    Posted by StayOrGo
    There is still a 'cancel registration' button
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: 5k freeroll : Hi, not wishing to appear ungrateful, however why are players pre registered? It can be a little frustrating for grinders who are trying to play an optimal number of tables and don't want to be in the freeroll, who don't realise they've been registered. It also creates a situation where lots of players are sat out and it becomes a blind stealing exercise for the players who are there. I've never really understood why registration is automatic, (unless it is an all in shoot out and players don't need to be there) For me, I'm not great at multi tabling, and usually just play 4 MTT's at a time. I find if a 5th one like this is added, it creates a -ev situation for me if I try to play it. Like I said, Sky do some great promos, and some people really love these freerolls. If they were manual entry, the people that really want to play them will of course have more chance in the resulting smaller field. As said at the beginning, I don't wish to seem ungrateful, it is great that Sky put £10K up in freerolls, it just appears at first glance, to me anyway, that it would be better all around if they were manual entry. Is it auto purely to "even the field size" between the two tournaments? Cheers, Graham 
    Posted by StayOrGo
    i think you can de-reg if you dont want to play it Graham
  • edited March 2016
    You could practice your blind stealing stratergies against the sat outs.
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: 5k freeroll : There is still a 'cancel registration' button
    Posted by Boxster

Yes true. and I agree, it's not a big deal to cancel registration, if one remembers.

Although I do still think it's a valid point, that there will be lots of players regged that are not logged on, creating an imbalance of the number of "live" players at each table. 

It's not a complaint, just more of an observation really. Good luck to all in it!

Cheers,

Graham
  • edited March 2016
    It is a good point and I know its come up before and usually people are slatted for bringing up these points, be interesting to see if Sky reply. Im very happy to steal blinds from away players however Id be interested to see why sky chose this format rather than just asking people to reg themselves.

Ger
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to 5k freeroll : Did you earn the points last week or this week?
    Posted by Snuffer
    I earned them this week ive earnt 83 points this week
  • edited March 2016
    I think it from points earned last week Queen and not this week. I resume you know about earning them over a number of days.

Ger
  • edited March 2016
    Week 422nd-28th FebruaryAll GamesSaturday 5th March at 8pm
    Saturday 5th March at 8:10pm
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: 5k freeroll : I earned them this week ive earnt 83 points this week
    Posted by QueenKiz
    The big freerolls tonight are for players who earned their qualifying points last week Kiz, not this week.
  • edited March 2016
    There were so many players who qualified, that an ADDITIONAL £5,000 Freeroll was added. Sky Poker then randomly assigned players to one or the other, but not both. You cannot play both. All players are pre-registered by Sky Poker.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I have done what is asked why cant I get in it
  • edited March 2016
    I think the pre reg was simply because people have different starting stacks so they had to do it to ensure everyone got the correct amount
  • edited March 2016
    It is a good point and I know its come up before and usually people are slatted for bringing up these points, be interesting to see if Sky reply. Im very happy to steal blinds from away players however Id be interested to see why sky chose this format rather than just asking people to reg themselves. Ger
    Posted by gerardirl

I'm guessing the fact everyone has different starting stacks, and what it's based on ,has a lot to do with it in this instance. Probably quite hard to automate. Never really understood what most say about away players either, i mean it would be better to have a tournament with 1500 active players, than a 3000 one with half the field away. Although I find it quite fun in a way to play a 6 player heads up game, the fact you have to flip to see who gets 4 out of 5 buttons takes away from it a lot i think. Little too much luck of draw at start.
  • edited March 2016

Hi Kiz,

Please see the previous replies.

If you believe you earned the qualifying points LAST WEEK, I suggest you contact Customer Care. Points earned this week do not entitle you to entry.
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: 5k freeroll : I have done what is asked why cant I get in it
    Posted by QueenKiz
    As stated previously, these freerolls were for points earned in the previous week, not this week

Good luck
  • edited March 2016
    Ah yes of course Raggy thats exactly why, makes sense, good spot.

Ger
  • edited March 2016
    Its pre-registration to generate some traffic on a Saturday nights. 

A valid stratergy too, we get a text ,  a prompt . We never get texts for stuff, except the obvious promos.

If people turn up for a generous freeroll, they might stay and play, sit-outs dont matter, or rather, they do matter, they create a better value freeroll for thems thats here and awake.

Posts with people querying why they are not in because they feel they should be, generates a interest from other people, wondering if they are also excluded. So they take a peek and find they have acidentally qualified. 

Or they take a peek and find they arent included. And want to know why, more enquiries.

They now learn of the miniscule requirements to gain entry, so next week, they make sure they play the 5 a day.

They end up playing more that 5 a day.

I reckon, anyone who got in touch with CC and asked why they werent in, whether they qualified or not, would just get bunged in, sky lose nothing , its all +EV or at worsr 0EV.

We are in the hands of  very clever marketing gurus.

In sky we should  trust.
  • edited March 2016
    Its pre-registration to generate some traffic on a Saturday nights.  A valid stratergy too, we get a text ,  a prompt . We never get texts for stuff, except the obvious promos. If people turn up for a generous freeroll, they might stay and play, sit-outs dont matter, or rather, they do matter, they create a better value freeroll for thems thats here and awake. Posts with people querying why they are not in because they feel they should be, generates a interest from other people, wondering if they are also excluded. So they take a peek and find they have acidentally qualified.  Or they take a peek and find they arent included. And want to know why, more enquiries. They now learn of the miniscule requirements to gain entry, so next week, they make sure they play the 5 a day. They end up playing more that 5 a day. I reckon, anyone who got in touch with CC and asked why they werent in, whether they qualified or not, would just get bunged in, sky lose nothing , its all +EV or at worsr 0EV. We are in the hands of  very clever marketing gurus. In sky we should  trust.
    Posted by mumsie
    Hey mumsie 

Real reason for pre registration? Software can't (as yet) give you the correct chip stack when you register. So for example, I played 7 days so get 10k chips, my mate "3timesOnly" only got 5 points on 3 days so starts 2k

Sky can text everyone and tell you registered and not auto register - same thing :) 

Good luck all in it 

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: 5k freeroll : Hey mumsie  Real reason for pre registration? Software can't (as yet) give you the correct chip stack when you register. So for example, I played 7 days so get 10k chips, my mate "3timesOnly" only got 5 points on 3 days so starts 2k Sky can text everyone and tell you registered and not auto register - same thing :)  Good luck all in it 
    Posted by Nuggy962

Yea, your not wrong. Hope your sat out on my left.

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: 5k freeroll : I'm guessing the fact everyone has different starting stacks, and what it's based on ,has a lot to do with it in this instance. Probably quite hard to automate. Never really understood what most say about away players either, i mean it would be better to have a tournament with 1500 active players, than a 3000 one with half the field away. Although I find it quite fun in a way to play a 6 player heads up game, the fact you have to flip to see who gets 4 out of 5 buttons takes away from it a lot i think. Little too much luck of draw at start.
    Posted by raggy94

Yes that will be why, I didn't realize it was variable stacks. GL all playing it

• edited March 2016

The Top 10 finishers in those two Freerolls were......
    Trample140500001£500
    Helitubby02£300
    Blissy7003£200
    spik196604£150
    IHadTrips705£150
    thechamp3206£150
    Boney35y07£100
    chumbles08£100
    YourHero09£100
    DanSJTonks010£100

LADYGUNS141880001£500
    Dunplannin02£300
    Muga03£200
    weeburns0704£150
    mavman3905£150
    Robotx06£150
    QUICKFEET07£100
    790808£100
    Chipp91109£100
    AJE222010£100
  • edited March 2016

I will address a few of the observations & constructive criticisms posted last night.
  • edited March 2016
    I think the pre reg was simply because people have different starting stacks so they had to do it to ensure everyone got the correct amount
    Posted by dragon1964
    (Similar views also  expressed by Nuggy & Raggy).

Is the correct answer.

The varying stack sizes meant players had to be pre-registered, as nothing exists within the existing software to award varying starting stacks.