You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bots on Sky Poker

Comments

• edited March 2016
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Bots on Sky Poker:
    Just say there names lol if there bots its not gonna make a difference and if there not who cares?
    Posted by mrleemr1
    ermm because there are people running the bots who would naturally check forums for exactly this so they can potentially withdraw asap?

There were russian bots caught on stars who ran blogs on 2p2 and gipsyforum.ru it isn't usually some half hearted operation....
  • edited March 2016
    Just say there names lol if there bots its not gonna make a difference and if there not who cares?
    Posted by mrleemr1
    Under no circumstances should the aliases of those alleged to have improper accounts be posted on this thread, that would be the worst way possible of dealing with these allegations.

It's rare to see allegations of bots, but if we take multi-accounting & collusion as similar topics, 9 out of 10 of all allegations are shown to be unfounded. Posting their aliases would be grossly unjust, & would start a witch hunt.

The thread has been conducted in a very responsible way by those who suspect bots here, which Sky Poker appreciate, & we want to keep the thread open.
  • edited March 2016
    Also FAO OF A SKY TEAM MEMBER: Are seat scripts allowed on sky? And if not, measures you take to stop them?
    Posted by mrleemr1
    1) No.

2) Sky Poker won't be revealing these measures, for obvious reasons, but be assured they are in place.
  • edited March 2016

Guys,

Please be assured these matters are being taken seriously, & they are being investigated.

It's not quite as straightforward as you might think to prove these things beyond doubt, but the process is in progress & is on the desks of the right people up in HQ.

If allegations were made against YOU, you would expect Sky Poker to examine them carefully before making any decisions, & not take the allegations at face value, & that cuts both ways.    
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Bots on Sky Poker : I think I know who you mean splash, theres now 3 that liamboi is referring too. I am more concerned about collusion than bots with these three though.  
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    I definitely notices things with particular players that border on suspect collusion, more than I notice possible botting. FWIW I seem to remember on table asking other people what they thought about X Y AND Z players and the chances of they colluding/ being in a bot net. And was basically shut down at that point.

• edited March 2016
    One of the players - alleged bots - is continuing to play.

I never thought it was possible to have a seating script on SP, but yesterday it was confirmed, as soon as sat at an empty 50nl table this player was there.

They also have no timing tells! Every decision they make takes exactly the same amount of time.
  • edited March 2016
    Please be aware there is a thorough investigation ongoing into this. All feedback that has been sent through by PM or customer care is being taken into account.
  • edited March 2016
    Please be aware there is a thorough investigation ongoing into this. All feedback that has been sent through by PM or customer care is being taken into account.
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    The 3 bots on 30nl are still playing every night. How long is this going to take?

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Bots on Sky Poker : The 3 bots on 30nl are still playing every night. How long is this going to take?
    Posted by splashies
    I've said above that I reported this before, around 2 months ago I think. They told me that they couldn't find anything suspicious about the accounts, and hence that no action will be taken. I cannot see the outcome being any different here. I understand why, I guess, since it must actually be fairly hard to prove they are using third party software.

I know some people have pmed asking who I think the bots are but I'm actually not going to keep saying it because the more people talking about the account names etc. the more likely the botters notice and/or the more likely it quickly devolves into a witch hunt which will then be taken less seriously by everyone.
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Bots on Sky Poker : I've said above that I reported this before, around 2 months ago I think. They told me that they couldn't find anything suspicious about the accounts, and hence that no action will be taken. I cannot see the outcome being any different here. I understand why, I guess, since it must actually be fairly hard to prove they are using third party software. I know some people have pmed asking who I think the bots are but I'm actually not going to keep saying it because the more people talking about the account names etc. the more likely the botters notice and/or the more likely it quickly devolves into a witch hunt which will then be taken less seriously by everyone.
    Posted by radiofed28

If sky decide nothing is wrong then yes I agree it could turn into a witch hunt. But I don't want to question the integrity of the site every time I sit at a table and one of these three characters snap sits to my left for a hu game. Two of them have an identical tag game the other one is much looser. Really tricky situation.

• edited March 2016

Guys,

I completely get all this.

Please show some trust that it is, or has, been or being sorted. Read those words carefully.

Let's chat again tomorrow. 

• edited March 2016
    Guys, I completely get all this. Please show some trust that it is, or has, been or being sorted. Read those words carefully. Let's chat again tomorrow. 
    Posted by Tikay10
    Good to hear Tikay.

Let's say Sky agree that these are bots. What happens to the money in their accounts? Last night I lost a buy in to one of the suspects. Would I be entitled to seek to get that back? I have the hand number etc. 

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Bots on Sky Poker : Good to hear Tikay. Let's say Sky agree that these are bots. What happens to the money in their accounts? Last night I lost a buy in to one of the suspects. Would I be entitled to seek to get that back? I have the hand number etc. 
    Posted by splashies
    These investigations are far more lengthy & complicated than most seem to imagine, so let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Players are entitled to know that the Team in Leeds are on this, & I can assure you 100% that they are.

Most of you will be aware of the allegations that surfaced on 2+2 recently about a TCOOP runner up, & even the huge resources of 'Stars took some weeks (if I recall correctly) before they could make a ruling. And in THAT case, they could not prove any malpractice. It's incredibly complicated to sort these things, & it rarely happens instantly.  

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Bots on Sky Poker : Good to hear Tikay. Let's say Sky agree that these are bots. What happens to the money in their accounts? Last night I lost a buy in to one of the suspects. Would I be entitled to seek to get that back? I have the hand number etc. 
    Posted by splashies
    Hi Splash.

I reported these players you mean about 3-4 months ago and sky said they are looking into HHs. Think they would have found them out by now! 
  • edited March 2016
    I saw two of these guys playing each other HU the other night.

Obviously if they are bots and were operated from the same location, this wouldn't, or shouldn't happen. I watched for a while to see if they were playing crazily to try and attract action, which was a common technique cheats/colluders used during the Party Poker glory years an whilst neither account seemed to play very well, it didn't appear as if they were 'advertising' either.

It's certainly peculiar to see three guys from the same location in the same games so regularly and it's helpful to be made aware that there maybe some funny business going on but proving it is going to be hard and this thread should also act as a shot across their bows.
  • edited March 2016
    I`ve not seen the 3 accounts on 20/30nl in a while just wondering if something was found if so what was the outcome if thats possible?
  • edited March 2016
    I`ve not seen the 3 accounts on 20/30nl in a while just wondering if something was found if so what was the outcome if thats possible?
    Posted by liamboi11
    Hi bud,

Sky Poker will not be commenting on their procedures in matters such as these, & it's best not to speculate at this stage what the position is.   

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Bots on Sky Poker : Hi bud, Sky Poker will not be commenting on their procedures in matters such as these, & it's best not to speculate at this stage what the position is.     
    Posted by Tikay10
    Ok I wasn't sure if sky would let us know but Thot I ask just Incase 

Thanks for reply tikay 

• edited April 2016
    Just wanted to say that the accounts me and some others thought suspicious have in fact disappeared from the site AFAIK. Whether or not this was Sky's intervention or botters/scripters moving on, who knows? Just in case it was the former, props to Sky for responding to player reports etc. The communication between players/staff here is much better than many other sites I've played at, and hopefully it stays that way. Cheers.
  • edited April 2016
    Just wanted to say that the accounts me and some others thought suspicious have in fact disappeared from the site AFAIK. Whether or not this was Sky's intervention or botters/scripters moving on, who knows? Just in case it was the former, props to Sky for responding to player reports etc. The communication between players/staff here is much better than many other sites I've played at, and hopefully it stays that way. Cheers.
    Posted by radiofed28

+1
  • edited May 2016
    Posted by radiofed28
    Agree. Thank you Tikay and other staff for your communication. If other sites were run as well as Sky online poker would be in a much healthier state.
  • edited June 2016
    In Response to Bots on Sky Poker:site is full of bots get used to it im afraid
    Hi, I emailed support about this issue but haven't had a reply and I think this is relevant for other cash game players. Some frequent cash game players (myself included) have strong suspicions that a number of bots exist in these games and have existed for quite a while. I do not wish to mention specific screennames here because it seems unfair to accuse individuals in public given there is a chance my read is wrong and there is only circumstancial evidence (but I have included them in my email).  These potential bots seem to have similar characteristics: They literally never use the chat box They occasionally bug out - e.g. they will sit me at an empty table, play one hand, leave, then come back and sit out, leave again, come back, etc. This will happen 3 or 4 times in a row.  They will always sit directly to your left to start a table heads up. They always leave after they double up, no matter how good the table. They seem to play an indiscriminate minimum defence frequency even against very tight players or with a much weaker range. This leads to some strange call downs against passive players. They have absolutely no timing tells - in fact their timing is very consistent. They never make any decision quickly. They always act with between 1/4 and 3/4 of their timebank being expired.  Of course, some (maybe all) of these characteristics could reasonably be from a genuine player but when you put them together and combine the fact there is more than one user with these same characteristics, it seems quite suspicious. Without any tracking software, no conclusive evidence can be gathered and so Sky is particularly vulnerable to bots on their site. I also think this obliges Sky to ensure that the games they run are fair given players have no way to prove bots exist and no database to spot bots' predictable patterns and exploit them.  I want to ask Sky what they are doing to combat potential bots on their site? This is a problem that is going to get more and more critical in online poker as artificial intelligence in NLHE becomes increasingly sophisticated. I think this is a great site but Sky need to step up their game on tackling potential bots that have effectively cheated the site out of (in my opinion) tens of thousands of pounds. 
    Posted by coopah
  • edited June 2016
    In Response to Re: Bots on Sky Poker:sorted yeah right
    Guys, I completely get all this. Please show some trust that it is, or has, been or being sorted. Read those words carefully. Let's chat again tomorrow. 
    Posted by Tikay10
  • edited July 2016
    Hi Liz and Sam. I have just sent you a message with a new bot that has appeared with the same tendencies and location as the other bots that were discovered a few months ago.
  • edited July 2016
    Hi Liz and Sam. I have just sent you a message with a new bot that has appeared with the same tendencies and location as the other bots that were discovered a few months ago.
    Posted by splashies
    Hi Splashies,

Thank you for raising this with us and please be assured that it will be investigated by the team.  

Thanks,
    Liz
  • edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: Bots on Sky Poker : Hi Splashies, Thank you for raising this with us and please be assured that it will be investigated by the team.   Thanks, Liz
    Posted by SkyLiz

Thank you.

• edited July 2016
    Posted by splashies
    I was goin email today about the exact same thing glad it's goin get investigated and hopefully dealt with sooner than last time 
  • edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: Bots on Sky Poker : I was goin email today about the exact same thing glad it's goin get investigated and hopefully dealt with sooner than last time 
    Posted by liamboi11
    Is it just the 1 account you have noticed? Or is there more of them again?
  • edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: Bots on Sky Poker : Is it just the 1 account you have noticed? Or is there more of them again?
    Posted by splashies
    They are 2 I've noticed, also a few regs on our levels mentioned it last night the same accounts so I'm glad I ain't the only one

Will pm you later bud I'm out and won't let me pm through my phone