You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UKOPS XVI is announced.

2»

Comments

• edited March 2016
    Hi Tikay, was wondering what the head prizes start off at in the 20k  main ukops event. Sorry if not co hearant but minds a bit muzzy at the minute.
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XVI is announced.:
    Hi Tikay, was wondering what the head prizes start off at in the 20k  main ukops event. Sorry if not co hearant but minds a bit muzzy at the minute.
    Posted by Darkangel7
    Can you elaborate on that please? Not sure I understand the question.

With any luck, one of the regular guys will be along shortly & answer it for me. ;)
  • edited March 2016
    Posted by Darkangel7

HI DA. If it meets its Guarantee, each 'bounty' will be 75% of £50 (half the buy in, other half in cash prize pool) like all BH's are. Basically, the first head you get (of many no doubt in your case) will be worth £37.50. This is ofc only if the guarantee is met, so that figure could go up or down.
  • edited March 2016

i think...

£110 buy-in
    £50 prize pool, £50 bounty
    You retain 75% of every bounty you take (25% added to your head)
    £37.50 minimum.

for you, donna, with your likely haul of 20 heads, this means an income enough to pay for a weekend away in london... with george clooney... again.

• edited March 2016
    Thank you boys. :) as never get a chance to play these events and fluked it was wondering what the starting bounty was.

The number of players I managed to ko was fun especially the 4 handed one.  Aussie, I am sure that wont happen again for a long long time. I would really prefer either Richard Gere or Jason Statham for a weekend away in London instead of George Clooney. ;)
  • edited March 2016

ah, for richard gere you need no more than half a dozen heads.

• edited March 2016
    ah, for richard gere you need no more than half a dozen heads.  
    Posted by aussie09
    Now that's given me a target to aim for ;) Ty tiger lol
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XVI is announced. : HI DA. If it meets its Guarantee, each 'bounty' will be 75% of £50 (half the buy in, other half in cash prize pool) like all BH's are. Basically, the first head you get (of many no doubt in your case) will be worth £37.50. This is ofc only if the guarantee is met, so that figure could go up or down.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    The figure won't go down.

It'll be a minimum of £37.50 per head regardless of if the guarantee is met or not.
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XVI is announced. : The figure won't go down. It'll be a minimum of £37.50 per head regardless of if the guarantee is met or not.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Ty H :)
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XVI is announced. : HI DA. If it meets its Guarantee, each 'bounty' will be 75% of £50 (half the buy in, other half in cash prize pool) like all BH's are. Basically, the first head you get (of many no doubt in your case) will be worth £37.50. This is ofc only if the guarantee is met, so that figure could go up or down.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    What is the relevance of guarantee being met or not to the bounty element of the prizepool?
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XVI is announced. : What is the relevance of guarantee being met or not to the bounty element of the prizepool?
    Posted by MattBates
    Here is a example for you. The prize will add up to the guarantee but the two prize pools will be different. The cash pool always being the larger and the head prize pool the least. You must always play the ones that smash the guarantee (which TBF most do on here). I wasnt trying to start an issue, just stating the facts. 
    400 Bounty Hunter  Tournament ID: 17190313
    Buyin + Fee£5 + £0.75       79 players.

Cash Prize Pool£202.50Heads Prize Pool£197.50
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XVI is announced. : Here is a example for you. The prize will add up to the guarantee but the two prize pools will be different. The cash pool always being the larger and the head prize pool the least. You must always play the ones that smash the guarantee (which TBF most do on here). I wasnt trying to start an issue, just stating the facts.  400 Bounty Hunter   Tournament ID:  17190313 Buyin + Fee £5 + £0.75       79 players. Cash Prize Pool £202.50 Heads Prize Pool £197.50
    Posted by MAXALLY
    The head prize is set. 50% of £5 multiplied by the number of entrants. The cash element of the prize pool is increased to meet the guarantee. That's why the guarantee is irrelevant to the bounty element of the prizepool.
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XVI is announced. : The head prize is set. 50% of £5 multiplied by the number of entrants. The cash element of the prize pool is increased to meet the guarantee. That's why the guarantee is irrelevant to the bounty element of the prizepool.
    Posted by MattBates

Max, This.

If the guarantee is met or exceeded, then yes the two prize pools are equal but the effective head prize per person remains at 50% per person of buy in. 

I would get more £££'s in my pocket for knocking someone out in hand one of mtt if was £2000 over or under guarantee.  If it misses guarantee I would just be likely to get more for a min cash :)

In your example, divide the 79 players by bountie prize pool - should = £2.50 :) do that for one that smashed guarantee - will be same :) 

Gl Angel in the mtt :) 

• edited March 2016
    Ty nuggy xx

Didn't want to start a heated discussion. Thank you all for the replies. Sorry just heads a bit fuzzy and feeling thick (who am I kidding I am lol)

Good luck all who are playing the UKOPS events hope you run golden. If you can't cash then the next best thing is to have fun.