You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HUFA II - Thoughts?

2»

Comments

• edited March 2016
    Remember there is qualifying to reach the last 24, you could do similar...or you could have qualifying to reach last 32 and have 8 groups in the finals.

Ger
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: HUFA II - Thoughts?:
    Remember there is qualifying to reach the last 24, you could do similar...or you could have qualifying to reach last 32 and have 8 groups in the finals. Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    +1

Qualfying rounds will keep the masses entertained.

Field sizes 48 , 64 or  96 etc should run themselves after 1 draw until the league stages.

Vegas Viva Las is on at the same time , so there might be voids in the leagues.  There could be people who cant play due to forum chat bans etc. A few reserve players could get a 2nd chance. 

although , If I qualify for Vegas, I would probably forfit it to play in this Euro championship.

• edited March 2016
    I think each player should be drawn a country and are competing for that country. If that country wins the real euro's Sky should give them a seat into some decent mtt!

Ger (keep those prizes coming Sky) lol
  • edited March 2016
    Good morning Phantom.
    If it isnt broke, dont fix it.
    All the best.
    Rainman397.
    P.S HAS ANYONE MENTIONED THE £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK YET.
  • edited May 2016
    Lots of new players might be worth having another wee talk about this 
  • edited May 2016
  • edited May 2016
    I didn't participate in the last one as I only play 3 days a week and thought it would be unfair to others /difficult to arrange games if I somehow luck boxed through the first round, I would like to play this one, but the same criteria applies...thoughts anyone?
  • edited May 2016
    I myself missed the last HUFA. I'd love to try one if you were to do a new one
  • edited May 2016
    Thanks for the bump Mr Cheez, must have taken you a while to find it.

Firstly just to clarify HUFA II will happen, starting in September, running along pretty much the same lines as HUFA I. 

As for a Euro themed one, seemed a good idea at the time.

However...

My workload has shot up and I definitely cannot complain about that, but it does mean time for poker is down.

I have booked a holiday slap bang in the middle of the Euros.

Combination of those 2 means I don't think I will have the time to run it and if I did I would have to make it run to start pretty much straight away and finish by 19 June. Or take a mid-season break which will kind of lose the connection to the tournament itself.

• edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: HUFA II - Thoughts?:
    I didn't participate in the last one as I only play 3 days a week and thought it would be unfair to others /difficult to arrange games if I somehow luck boxed through the first round, I would like to play this one, but the same criteria applies...thoughts anyone?
    Posted by tomgoodun

HUFA II will be fine for you Tom.

I allowed a generous amount of time, the idea was to be fully inclusive and give a few weeks each round, so that people with intermittent and contrasting schedules could still find a way of getting the match played. 

I hear you are becoming a bit of a PLO8 whizz so maybe the PLO8 ladder would interest you too?