You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

GET STEVE42 RELEASED FROM CHAT PRISON NOW

edited July 2009 in Poker Chat

Hi Everyone

I have just heard that steve42 has been chat banned.
This player is a true gentleman I have played him load of times and have chatted to him on a regular basis
I just cannot believe that he has used abusive language.
In my time at sky poker i have been called c.....  f....o    p........  and many thing else.
Not once have i reported a player and players say ffs all the time.
So come on sky explain?
Also i would refer to slowbows blog which i believe is far worse.
I would welcome other players comments

Tiggerac7

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Without knowing why he has been banned how can anyone say he should be unbanned? Im sure Sky had their reasons for banning and wouldnt have done it if it wasn't warranted...

Also if you are getting abuse and foul language etc thrown at you then report it - we all have a duty to ensure Sky Poker stays a respectable community where we can all play without abuse or fear.
  • edited July 2009
    well i must say ive played bigsteve42 plenty of times and always have a good craic wiv him, ive never heard him bin abusive in the chat box and is always polite in the chat, 
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: GET STEVE42 RELEASED FROM CHAT PRISON NOW:
    Without knowing why he has been banned how can anyone say he should be unbanned? Im sure Sky had their reasons for banning and wouldnt have done it if it wasn't warranted... Also if you are getting abuse and foul language etc thrown at you then report it - we all have a duty to ensure Sky Poker stays a respectable community where we can all play without abuse or fear.
    Posted by dowzer
    Dowser I do agree with you but I have played against this player loads of times and use the chat box all the time.
    Not once has he ever said anything bad.
    Please also read Slowbow post which i believe his comment is more than justified.
    Ask anyone I do not believe in anyone swearing under any circumstances but i get sworn at all the time. I feel it should be one rule for all.

Tigsx 
  • edited July 2009
    Exactly what dowzer said above if he is a gent like you say and it could have been a 1 off and he got caught or reported by another player which you could say is unlucky as we have all seen other's get away with it but unless the players report them at the time nothing will happen.I would also add it doesn't bother me if people swear etc i like it they are tilted and there for the taking but not everyone will see it that way i might be in a minority.
  • edited July 2009
    Without knowing why he has been banned how can anyone say he should be unbanned? Im sure Sky had their reasons for banning and wouldnt have done it if it wasn't warranted... Also if you are getting abuse and foul language etc thrown at you then report it - we all have a duty to ensure Sky Poker stays a respectable community where we can all play without abuse or fear.
    Posted by dowzer
    i feel very strongly about this, if players do not like the chat box do not go in,steve as always played good poker and been friendly and when i first joined he was one of the players who gave me a lot of encouragement. if this is how things are going i think you should be looking at a lot of players who say far far far worse than calling someone an idiot i have been called this a few times when i have taken somone out surly that is poker. (PLEASE CHECK FURTHER INTO THIS) REGARDS to you king doug (ANITA) X
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: GET STEVE42 RELEASED FROM CHAT PRISON NOW : Dowser I do agree with you but I have played against this player loads of times and use the chat box all the time. Not once has he ever said anything bad. Please also read Slowbow post which i believe his comment is more than justified. Ask anyone I do not believe in anyone swearing under any circumstances but i get sworn at all the time. I feel it should be one rule for all. Tigsx 
    Posted by tiggerace7
    I agree that anyone swearing should be punished BUT it wont happen unless people report it hence why the onus of responsibility is each of us.
  • edited July 2009
    I HAVE PLAYED STEVE NO END OF TIMES,EVEN WHEN I TOOK HIM OUT WHEN I HAD RUBBISH AND SHOULDN'T OF EVEN BEEN IN THE HAND,STEVE TOOK IT WELL LIKE A TRUE POKER PLAYER,NO BAD WORDS,RELEASE HIM NOW I SAY
  • edited July 2009
    Lol people are singing up and using first post's to release him i don't think i played him before but he has a small fanclub developing could rival our star man mickjenn ;-)
  • edited July 2009
    Lol people are singing up and using first post's to release him i don't think i played him before but he has a small fanclub developing could rival our star man mickjenn ;-)
    Posted by JAMIEP
    haahah dunno bout that jame but he is nice bloke, i for1 have been on the end of 3 chat bans myself trust me u dont want 1, ive bin banned for silly things like i said once i folded pocket 77s on an all paint flop, 1 player ELS never seen him since reported me and said i was playin wiv n1ck wat a joke, 1 month ban, anita how long steve got do u no, 
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: GET STEVE42 RELEASED FROM CHAT PRISON NOW : haahah dunno bout that jame but he is nice bloke, i for1 have been on the end of 3 chat bans myself trust me u dont want 1, ive bin banned for silly things like i said once i folded pocket 77s on an all paint flop, 1 player ELS never seen him since reported me and said i was playin wiv n1ck wat a joke, 1 month ban, anita how long steve got do u no, 
    Posted by mickjenn1
    Thanks for the support Mick. I am not sure how long he is banned cos I now can't chat to him.
    I don't know if you remember but a player swore at me big time and moments later Tikay came to the table.
    I think I was trying to get the player to say sorry at the time and I am sure you said to Tikay he was very rude ti Tigger. Do you remember the occassion?  Anyway the outcome was that he said sorry. Done and dusted. I have played against him since and he is now not swearing. My point is that players should try and get apology before reporting a one off lapse.
    In my opinion Slowbow's post is much,much worse than swearing

Tiggs xx
  • edited July 2009
    i have only recently started chatting whilst playing poker.i cant comment on why he has been banned,as i have no details. but i have been really surprised this has happened.i have played against steve on a nearly daily basis and i have never witnessed anything untowards.steve is one of the nicest person you will meet on this site.he takes win and loss in his stride and has a wonderfull sence of humour,even after a bad beat.   STEVE,MISS CHATTING WITH YOU,HANG IN THERE  BUDDY ,YOU GOT PLENTY OF FANS ON HERE , TC
  • edited July 2009
    ive played with bigsteve 42 loads of times ,and ive find the fella a proper gent ,ive dished out more than my fair share of beats on the fella,and not once has he sworn in the chatbox  .hes a decent guy with a decent game ,RELEASE HIM NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW
  • edited July 2009
    This is shockin news, steve is a top bloke and i strongly back the big man. I along with many other players enjoy the banter with steve, which in my opionion makes my game of poker even more enjoyable when he is at my table.
    Bigsteve42 is a legend and will always have my repect as a poker player and as a friend, I look foward to the day when this chat ban is done with, chin up m8, were all backin you
    Ozzie

Release big steve sky, this is a very disapointing day in my sky poker experience
  • edited July 2009
    Steve is one of the good guys.  He is willing to chat to anyone and has always been a decent guy to me .  I think his chat ban should be  lifted immedietly.  Mind u now i get a word in edgeways.

Good luck big man

67Bhoys
  • edited July 2009
    ive seen loads of swearing and wotever on sky but not from steve let him b !!!! have a look at small level cash games !!!! theres mum jokes + all sorts, how can u ban steve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited July 2009
    steve if ur out there m8 u can chat on here n tell us wat u did m8 n how long u got, u can also name n shame the player who reported u m8, 
  • edited July 2009
    Me AND STEVE HAVE HAD LOADS OF GAMES... ALWAYS A TRUE GENT..POLITE AND TAKES A LOSS WELL... IMO... SOME DO GOODING LITTLE DONK HAS GOT THE HUMP AND COMPLAINED BECAUSE HE WAS CALLED A T W  AT OR SOMETHING ALONG THOSE LINES.... WHICH HAPPENS!!!!!!!!! AND THIS LITTLE TWERP HAS PROB BEEN PLAYING POKER FOR AT LEAST 3 DAYS!! SO I FOR ONE FULLY SUPPORT STEVE ON THIS AND HOPE SKY REVOKE THIS BAN.! AS ONE LITTLE CARTHORSE SHOULDNT DISRESPECT THIS GUYS NATURE.... HOWEVER IF STEVE DID MAKE A DERAGOTORY REMARK... WHICH I DODNT THINK HE WOULD THEN I WILL EATHUMBLE PIE!!!!
  • edited July 2009

hi tig

steve banned can't beleive it   

have played him loads of times good banter always  good player who takes time out to help out new people to this site through the chat never a bad word a true gent

THIS IS WRONG

have come across some bad apples who have not been banned  

so i say let him chat
  • edited July 2009

YOU'VE ALL SAID IT    I SAY   HEAR HEAR
  • edited July 2009
    i agree steve should be released,imo he is up there with nelson mandela,mother teresa,bono,bob geldof,and deidre off off corrie!!!!

FREE THE SKY ONE!!!!!!!

ps i dunno what he said but one player said he hoped i died of cancer,called me a c*** and called a women player a who re and i reprted him but he never got banned!!
  • edited July 2009
    steve is good guy   always in deep stack with him and have not ever had a bad word to say    quite the opposite infact     the fish says release him now
  • edited July 2009
    Hi Sky Poker

Maybe if you have a spare minute you could reply to DaveyZZ's comments.
    Which was "why if players are reported do only some get banned."
    I can only repeat that I have played 100's of games with Bigsteve 42 and not once has he sworn. In fact the very opposite, he is usually the one that calms players down. He is always helpful and is totally the opposite to the way a chat ban labels him. Also please reply to the post made by Slowbow which is also way out of order.

Pam Tiggerace7
  • edited July 2009
    Hi Sky Poker Maybe if you have a spare minute you could reply to DaveyZZ's comments. Which was "why if players are reported do only some get banned." I can only repeat that I have played 100's of games with Bigsteve 42 and not once has he sworn. In fact the very opposite, he is usually the one that calms players down. He is always helpful and is totally the opposite to the way a chat ban labels him. Also please reply to the post made by Slowbow which is also way out of order. Pam Tiggerace7
    Posted by tiggerace7
    Bigsteve has always been courteous and friendly to me too. i cant believe he got banned
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: GET STEVE42 RELEASED FROM CHAT PRISON NOW : Bigsteve has always been courteous and friendly to me too. i cant believe he got banned
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Thanks Gregg

I have never met Bigsteve other than in the chat room. He would be the one player in the sky community that has helped me the most. This is the reason I made the original post. I know you are a very good player too. I have never had the chance to get to know you in the chat box. I have played a lot of deep stacks with some regular players and the other player that has helped me would be Madpatdotc. Strange to think that Steve has been banned he spoke up for me ages ago when a player was getting abusive. I guess that is the reason I am finding it hard to believe. I think the solution should be to name and shame abusive players rather than chat ban them. The sky community would then regulate itself as I do believe that there are more good players than bad and are able to take bad beats and not shame themselves by being bad losers.
    Thanks for the reply.

Tiggs
  • edited July 2009
    Just read a post under the heading of chat ban.

There is a player who wants to apologies, why oh why can't we help these people to control their anger and realise that they cause upset to other players. This one obviously does and I say lets forgive and forget. Give them another chance and be seen to be helping players control their anger. It will in the long run improve the site.

So come on poker players how about we help and shame them in to becoming "gentlemen or ladies" instead of isolating them.

Tiggs
  • edited July 2009

Hi tigger, thanks for you comments on my thread.

I havent played with steve, but he seems like a really nice guy by looking at the posts in this thread and i hoped he gets un chat banned.

I would like a second chance to show that im not like i used to be, that i can be a good friendly player to play with.

• edited July 2009
    Ok guys,

We are currently investigating bigSeve42's chat ban. if he would like to get in touch on the community that would be great. If anyone is in contact with him maybe they could ask him to visit the forums.

in the meantime he is very welcome to contact customer care directly himself and one of our reps will be happy to discuss this matter with him.

thanks guys,

Rich
  • edited July 2009
    I don`t know Steve42

But if he is O.K with Tigger then he is O.K with me

I voted YES

Gary
  • edited July 2009
    Ok guys, We are currently investigating bigSeve42's chat ban. if he would like to get in touch on the community that would be great. If anyone is in contact with him maybe they could ask him to visit the forums. in the meantime he is very welcome to contact customer care directly himself and one of our reps will be happy to discuss this matter with him. thanks guys, Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Hi Sky Rich

If I am any judge of character I doubt that Steve will contact a sky rep, he must have said something to get the ban and while i believe he would want to say sorry to whoever he was unkind to I think he will just take his punishment like a gentleman. I know I would.

Tiggsxx