You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

GET STEVE42 RELEASED FROM CHAT PRISON NOW

2»

Comments

• edited July 2009
    I cant believe steve banned he is one of the nicest guys you can meet and many times i have been on a table with abusive players and he has calmed the situation down. I think it should be looked into we chat with steve all the time and he is not offensive at all.  from chipadee
  • edited July 2009

Good on you Tig,

Steve is a true gent always a pleasure to play him and always enjoy banter. Cant believe people voting know obviously dont know him otherwise 100% yes.

Release him now sky, need to see him lose all in on pocket jacks.

• edited July 2009
    Not sure why you are all going so crazy about this..Its not like this guy is some kind of hero..just another player who has been naughty and got banned.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: GET STEVE42 RELEASED FROM CHAT PRISON NOW:
    Good on you Tig, Steve is a true gent always a pleasure to play him and always enjoy banter. Cant believe people voting know obviously dont know him otherwise 100% yes. Release him now sky, need to see him lose all in on pocket jacks.
    Posted by micky6chin
    Steve's one of The Originals. A couple of years ago, Sky Poker was in its infancy. A few of us logged onto this site and met no-one but each other - it is not surprising that there should be some cameraderie between us.

Now I don't know what's happened in this instance. But I will say that if someone has made racist or homophobic comments, they should be banned. But as in Steve's case that clearly hasn't happened, his long membership should be taken into consideration.

• edited July 2009
    Hi everyone

I hear on the grapevine that the forum is not the place to discuss chat bans

At first I thought I agreed and could understand the point that was made.

Firstly iI did not know there was a yellow card system at sky.

Since I have thought it through further and now decided the following:-

If the  community forum is not the place for such discussions where is? When surely how we treat each other has to be at the heart of any community,

Tigs
  • edited July 2009
    Hi everyone I hear on the grapevine that the forum is not the place to discuss chat bans At first I thought I agreed and could understand the point that was made. Firstly iI did not know there was a yellow card system at sky. Since I have thought it through further and now decided the following:- If the  community forum is not the place for such discussions where is? When surely how we treat each other has to be at the heart of any community, Tigs
    Posted by tiggerace7
    That happens to be my personal view Tig, but I don't know what the Official line is.

In my view, it's about "dispute resolution" - in other words, solving a problem.

In my experience, if I want to solve a problem, I don't shout about it in the strreet, I discuss it quietly in the back garden, where the points can be made fairly & properly. That way, I'm hugely confident I can solve it. When the whole street joins in the debate - most of whom don't know the facts, the problem becomes extremely tricky to handle.

Anyway, Sky Poker are listening. One Chat Ban has been rescinded, another is being investigated. That's a result, I'd say. But if I were involved, for either party, I'd have gone about itit quietly, below the Radar, & I think that night have solved it quicker. We'll never know now!

The Yellow Card System? When something goes off, the member gets a warning, a "Yellow Card".. If they repeat offend then they get a chat ban. It's actually quite tough to get a proper Chat Ban, because in all but the most serious casews, they get a warning first. It can NEVER be in Sky Poker's interests to Chat Ban players unfairly, so they do all they can to avoid it.

I do think it's rather wonderful the way you have presented the case, persistently, & consistently, right across the Forum, & it's pretty cool that the Community is working together now to solve problems.

Together, we are building a nice place here.

Hope you have a quite splendid weekend.
  • edited July 2009
    have played bigsteve numerous occasions he is a true gentleman never a cross word to say about anyone so in protest against steves chatban ihave decided to leave sky poker for the month of august isuggest people should follow suit i will be playing on another site and i might not come back so good luck to all                                                                                             MAD PAT
  • edited July 2009
    Hi Mad

Just now been playing against a previous abusive bad loser. Who again I did not report but tried unsucessfully to get to apologise.

So I will put my money where my mouth is.

I also will not play for the month of August.

I feel that if you are making that gesture then as the instigator I must do the same.

I will find myself a quite spot and read hundreds of books on poker.

I'LL BE BACK

Pam  Tigsxx
  • edited July 2009
    Hi Mad Just now been playing against a previous abusive bad loser. Who again I did not report but tried unsucessfully to get to apologise. So I will put my money where my mouth is. I also will not play for the month of August. I feel that if you are making that gesture then as the instigator I must do the same. I will find myself a quite spot and read hundreds of books on poker. I'LL BE BACK Pam  Tigsxx .
    Posted by tiggerace7

guys can i just say 1 thing............. i think ur beein silly not playin for a month, i no ur stickin up for steve. and i think steves sound aswell, but not playin poker isnt goin 2 do any of u any good surely u must realise theres new people openin new acounts everyday, so if i was u pair i wud stop beein silly like they say there lookin into the matter, 
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: GET STEVE42 RELEASED FROM CHAT PRISON NOW : guys can i just say 1 thing............. i think ur beein silly not playin for a month, i no ur stickin up for steve. and i think steves sound aswell, but not playin poker isnt goin 2 do any of u any good surely u must realise theres new people openin new acounts everyday, so if i was u pair i wud stop beein silly like they say there lookin into the matter, 
    Posted by mickjenn1
    Mike it is nothing to do with Steve' ban anymore.

I have tagged dozens of players and many have now apologised to me, many still have not.

I think Tikay is the coolest gentleman on the site.

I will use my time in August wisely and read and come back refreshed.

Tigsx
  • edited July 2009

This is all very sad, & is why I advocate lobbying quietly, under the radar.

Trying to bully anyone into doing anything is not going to work. They've already said they are investigating it - why not let them finish that investigation before making further decisions? They only said it yesterday!

Do any of you know why the guy was chat-banned, as a matter of interest? Don't ask me, because I don't know, but I'm assuming it was done for a reason.

• edited July 2009
    What an overeaction! Calm down guys!! Much more important things going on in the world. Geez..people going nuts over a chat ban!
  • edited July 2009
    well i think that chat is just words i think if any player may not like any chat they have the option off turning it off . come on only bad beats hurt,  just like the saying sticks and stones will break my bones but words should never hurt you