You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cheltenham bets

edited March 2016 in Poker Chat
Sky bet is offering your money back on a losing bet on the 1st race of the day up to £25.

Check t and cs, which I havnt so my ew bet prob doesn't count :p

Comments

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Cheltenham bets:
    Sky bet is offering your money back on a losing bet on the 1st race of the day up to £25. Check t and cs, which I havnt so my ew bet prob doesn't count :p
    Posted by LARSON7

If you put e.g. £10 e/w and you lose you'll get £10 as a free bet.  This is how it usually works iirc
  • edited March 2016
    Max refund £25. Money Back as a free bet. First bet only. Place parts of each way bets are not refunded. Singles only. T&Cs apply. 
  • edited March 2016
    Anyone know when the refund/ free bet is credited back? I understand their is only 3 days to use it.
  • edited March 2016
    I think it said it'll be credited within 24hr.

It was Min that let me down here
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham bets:
    Anyone know when the refund/ free bet is credited back? I understand their is only 3 days to use it.
    Posted by devil_tear

They hope to credit the Free Bets within about half an hour, but be patient, there were an awful lot of them. :)
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham bets : They hope to credit the Free Bets within about half an hour, but be patient, there were an awful lot of them. :)
    Posted by Tikay10

Ha what do you know, as soon as I posted ta big banner comes across the screen saying "processing free bets" :)

Anyone pick the winner?

*Ive had a terrible start, picked Min, and then Vaniteaux e/w who fell at the last. I think I should stick to poker lol
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham bets : Ha what do you know, as soon as I posted ta big banner comes across the screen saying "processing free bets" :)Anyone pick the winner? *Ive had a terrible start, picked Min, and then Vaniteaux e/w who fell at the last. I think I should stick to poker lol
    Posted by devil_tear

I had £25 at 4/1 (to win) Altior. Nice few minutes work :)

I had a free-bet on another runner too and (to answer the question about credits) my new free-bet was credited quickly and used again on the 2.50 (Holywell)

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham bets : I had £25 at 4/1 (to win) Altior. Nice few minutes work :) I had a free-bet on another runner too and (to answer the question about credits) my new free-bet was credited quickly and used again on the 2.50 (Holywell)
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Nice win! yeah mine was credited. I have no idea about horses so i've just stuck it on "Out Sam" in next Checltenham race. Now its time to jump up and down like a possessed monkey cheering on my horse!

*I didnt even realise I put £20 this morning on un temps pour tout at 14/1 - turned out a better win than the free bet haha. This racing larks easy!
  • edited March 2016
    3.30 tips please
  • edited March 2016
    3.30 tips please
    Posted by Illbeback
    Identity Thief
  • edited March 2016
    3.30 tips please
    Posted by Illbeback
    I'm by no means a tipster. But I was awake at 5am this morning so I hit up all the tipster blogs, and racing post. Seems too have paid off as I had 2 winners in last race lol.

I've gone for

3.30  top notch e/w 16/1  Nicholas Canyon 13/2 e/w

Apparently its a tough race to bet on though.
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham bets : Nice win! yeah mine was credited. I have no idea about horses so i've just stuck it on "Out Sam" in next Checltenham race. Now its time to jump up and down like a possessed monkey cheering on my horse! *I didnt even realise I put £20 this morning on un temps pour tout at 14/1 - turned out a better win than the free bet haha. This racing larks easy!
    Posted by devil_tear

Lovely stuff! 

• edited March 2016
    Whats everyone got in the remaining races? be good to sweat each others horses.

I've got;

16:10 Polly Peachum 13/2 E/W

16:50 : Measureofmydreams 10/1 E/W      Native River 9/1 E/W

17:30: Aloomomo 6/1 E/W    On Tour 20/1 single      Bouvreil 14/1 E/W

Good luck!

• edited March 2016
    2 bets = he haw.

Deviltear tips for tomorrow:)
  • edited March 2016
    2 bets = he haw. Deviltear tips for tomorrow:)
    Posted by LARSON7
    Haha, I've had worse days :) night off poker tonight and pizza. 

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham bets : Haha, I've had worse days :) night off poker tonight and pizza. 
    Posted by devil_tear

Well done. Might have a nice fat slice of pizza myself.

• edited March 2016
    Sun News Paper giving £1 free Cheltenham bet every day all week,  started yesterday.

Anyone recommend sweaty horse to put it on.......... ?
  • edited March 2016

Why not try an accumulator?   

762/1

Josie orders                                     
    More of that                                    
    Politogne
    Diego Du Charmeil

That way you can potentially sweat multiple races.
  • edited March 2016
    Why not try an accumulator?    762/1                Josie orders                                      More of that                                     Politogne Diego Du Charmeil That way you can potentially sweat multiple races.
    Posted by devil_tear
    Got my deodorant out ready to spray,  wont be greedy picked one put £1 to win.   Ta
  • edited March 2016
    Tried an each way lucky 15 
    no more heroes 2 10
    diamond king    2 50
    dodging bullets 3 30
    any currency     4 10 
  • edited March 2016
    When down the Bookies and could only find Paddy Power .... the Sun bet was no good as its for Coral so had to put £5 on. !   Street cred .... well they were all looking at me.  Did the Accumulator and because three horses were Fav   put £5 ew on the outsider Politologue.  Thanks Weecheez but can't be asked to walk down there again.

Blimey Betting Shops have changed since I last went in one, used to have man on chalk board, you put coins in the slot machnes not £50 notes.  That tell's you how old me is.    This could be my first and last venture into horse racing betting.   cheers lads
  • edited March 2016
    When down the Bookies and could only find Paddy Power .... the Sun bet was no good as its for Coral so had to put £5 on. !   Street cred .... well they were all looking at me.  Did the Accumulator and because three horses were Fav   put £5 ew on the outsider Politologue.  Thanks Weecheez but can't be asked to walk down there again. Blimey Betting Shops have changed since I last went in one, used to have man on chalk board, you put coins in the slot machnes not £50 notes.  That tell's you how old me is.    This could be my first and last venture into horse racing betting.   cheers lads
    Posted by goldon
    Yep  changed days no smoking free tea and coffee machines that write your lines out and more women than men feel like a dinosaur lol
  • edited March 2016
    Tried an each way lucky 15  no more heroes 2 10 diamond king    2 50 dodging bullets 3 30 any currency     4 10 
    Posted by weecheez1
    Two out of four  12 and 11 to 1 try again tomorrow 
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham bets : Two out of four  12 and 11 to 1 try again tomorrow 
    Posted by weecheez1
    Pinning runners riders to dart board tomorrow. 
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham bets : Pinning runners riders to dart board tomorrow. 
    Posted by goldon
    Lol beginners luck
  • edited March 2016
    I had a quick look to try and find out but couldn't seem to find anything to say yay or nay...

Does anyone know if Sky do what seems to be the standard these days of guaranteeing to match the best odds?
  • edited March 2016
    I can confirm they do. Good luck
    I had a quick look to try and find out but couldn't seem to find anything to say yay or nay... Does anyone know if Sky do what seems to be the standard these days of guaranteeing to match the best odds?
    Posted by Lambert180
  • edited March 2016
    I had a quick look to try and find out but couldn't seem to find anything to say yay or nay... Does anyone know if Sky do what seems to be the standard these days of guaranteeing to match the best odds?
    Posted by Lambert180

As said above they now guarantee best price and they have a really good cheltenham offer of money back if your horse loses in the 1st race everyday at cheltenham.
  • edited March 2016
    Posted by Lambert180
    Hi Paul,

Just go to Sky Bet />Horse Racing, & then there are 3 Sidebars, one of which is
    THIS

It's "Best Odds Guaranteed",  commonly abbreviated to BOG
  • edited March 2016
    Well - if you have any sense none of you will back the same horse I do lol as I only go by the names and jockey colours :)

Todays 1.30pm I've back Outlander - so I'm practically guaranteeing that he'll be a donkey.

Good luck all