You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Viva Las Vegas 2nd Chance Freeroll - TONIGHT at 7pm

edited March 2016 in Poker Chat

Quick reminder that this takes place at 7pm this evening.

You do NOT gave to Register, if you qualified, Sky Poker will (or should) have Registered you already.

The Lobby is HERE

Comments

• edited March 2016

The WINNER gets a £3,500 Viva Las Vegas package, & there is, in addition, a £5,000 cash prize pool. The winner does not get a cash prize out of that £5,000, cash prizes will be for places 2nd to 32nd, with 2nd getting £500 & 32nd getting £50.
  • edited March 2016
    I should be in but haven't been registered, only just logged on.

Got 7 mins for CC to get me in.
  • edited March 2016
    #FAIL

does anyone have a link to final tables because they seem to have been taken down.

Customer care are refusing to believe I should be in.
  • edited March 2016
    Complete imcompetence again from a Skypoker promotion.

[ ] surprised

I rush home from a family meal to get back in time for VLV freeroll that I spent 2 weeks qualifying for, to find out that I haven't been registered.

Customer Care were useless and didn't believe that I had qualified because my name is not on the list. The final leaderboard seems to have vanished from history. 
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Viva Las Vegas 2nd Chance Freeroll - TONIGHT at 7pm:
    Quick reminder that this takes place at 7pm this evening. You do NOT gave to Register, if you qualified, Sky Poker will (or should) have Registered you already.   The Lobby is HERE
    Posted by Tikay10
    Even Tikay was pre-empting a cock-up.
  • edited March 2016
    I think the VLV promotion is great but...

It would be nice to see the leaderboards for each day and have them update (even hourly) so players know how they are doing. This would only generate more rake for Sky as players would push harder to outdo one another.

It would also be good to see each days leaderboard archived somewhere and to see the historic fortnightly ones archived somewhere also (which would probably have made sure there were no errors like Splashie's).

All in all a really good promo, would just be nice to have more of the leaderboard data available for our perusal.

Just my 2 cents.

P.S. Mickey, that is the current leaderboard not the one relating to tonight's freeroll.
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas 2nd Chance Freeroll - TONIGHT at 7pm:
    I should be in but haven't been registered, only just logged on. Got 7 mins for CC to get me in.
    Posted by splashies
    Hi splashies,

There's nothing I can do about this tonight - obviously - but I'll get it properly looked at tomorrow, or Mon/Tues if the people who sort it are off for Easter Tomorrow would be better, obv, but this Freeroll has gone now, so if it does take a few days to sort, it makes no odds now.

Apologies if there has been an error, but CC won't just enter a name unless they can see good evidence that it should be in, as some players do try to pull strokes from time to time. Certainly not suggesting you are, of course.

• edited March 2016
    #FAIL does anyone have a link to final tables because they seem to have been taken down. Customer care are refusing to believe I should be in.
    Posted by splashies
    I can't find a link to the correct page now, no, but I'll keep searching, it may be available somewhere, or have been posted on the forum at some point by Kirsty or myself, with a link. 
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Viva Las Vegas 2nd Chance Freeroll - TONIGHT at 7pm : Even Tikay was pre-empting a cock-up.
    Posted by splashies
    Not so, I was simply being sensible - these things are complicated, & things can go wrong.

I absolutely understand your disappointment, though, all I can do at this point is get it investigated, & see if I can get back to you with their response.  
  • edited March 2016

Just to assist in sorting this, which Leaderboard - Cash or SNG - did you qualify by, & how many chips do you believe you were entitled to? That'll help me give the Office a better idea.
  • edited March 2016
    https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/viva-las-vegas-2016-leagues just open up the leagues but cant see your name there 
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    Thanks for trying to assist, Micky, but that's the CURRENT Leaderboard, not the one which qualified players for this particular Freeroll.

Thanks for trying to help though.
  • edited March 2016
    Thanks Tikay.

Yes I know nothing can be done that late in the day. Just annoyed that I rushed back from a family thing just for this. I had 7 mins spare so gave CC a shot, but as you said the old leaderboard has been taken down. I seem to be cursed with these things with a few issues previously with priority free rolls. I think there must be an issue with my account because I often get missed out on lists.

Edit. Cash league 9xth place 2k chips

• edited March 2016
    I think the VLV promotion is great but... It would be nice to see the leaderboards for each day and have them update (even hourly) so players know how they are doing. This would only generate more rake for Sky as players would push harder to outdo one another. It would also be good to see each days leaderboard archived somewhere and to see the historic fortnightly ones archived somewhere also (which would probably have made sure there were no errors like Splashie's). All in all a really good promo, would just be nice to have more of the leaderboard data available for our perusal. Just my 2 cents. P.S. Mickey, that is the current leaderboard not the one relating to tonight's freeroll.
    Posted by markycash
    Hi Marky.

The Leaderboards ARE Updated every day, including today, up to & including Midnight last night.

They are not, & never will be, updated hourly, or even intra-day, as that would be counter-productive, both logically & commercially. And of course everyone is in the same boat, so they are encouraged to do their best all day, each day. I see your logic, but it's a policy decision to do it the way they do. 

I daresay it is archived somewhere, & I'll keep looking. However, given the complexity of this Promo - 10 separate Leagues, (5 x 2), & with the 2nd Chance Freeroll running a week in arrears of the fortnightly Leagues, leaving the old Leaderboards up would only lead to more confusion, so I think it was right to remove the "dead" ones.

I'll try & find them though, & if I do, I'll post them.

• edited March 2016
    Thanks Tikay. Yes I know nothing can be done that late in the day. Just annoyed that I rushed back from a family thing just for this. I had 7 mins spare so gave CC a shot, but as you said the old leaderboard has been taken down. I seem to be cursed with these things with a few issues previously with priority free rolls. I think there must be an issue with my account because I often get missed out on lists.
    Posted by splashies
    Thanks for being understanding, I can imagine your disappointment.

Have to say, I'm really puzzled how this has happened. I've tried to figure all the possible points of error, & I'm at a loss to see how it could have happened.

If I could find someone at the Office tonight, I'd contact them, but I've sent various stuff up over the weekend & not had a reply, so I'm guessing most of them are not on duty. I do have "emergency contacts" but there's nothing to be gained by me troubling them tonight, but I promise I'll pester them (nothing new there...) in the morning.  
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas 2nd Chance Freeroll - TONIGHT at 7pm : Thanks for being understanding, I can imagine your disappointment.   Have to say, I'm really puzzled how this has happened. I've tried to figure all the possible points of error, & I'm at a loss to see how it could have happened.   If I could find someone at the Office tonight, I'd contact them, but I've sent various stuff up over the weekend & not had a reply, so I'm guessing most of them are not on duty. I do have "emergency contacts" but there's nothing to be gained by me troubling them tonight, but I promise I'll pester them (nothing new there...) in the morning.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks. In future I'm going to screenshot these things myself. Sorry to cause you extra work, chasing this up. You shouldn't have to do this. These things happen regular enough that it can't be down to human error each time, at least I hope not.

I found a thread started by you that shows me 86th in cash league with 1 day to go. But I'm retry sure I finished joint 97th with 2k chips.

Actually this might be where the error lies. Let's say there were 6 players tied 97th. Maybe the system only picked the top 100 players, whereas in fact it should be 102/3. My alias starts with an s so maybe that's how it missed me?

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas 2nd Chance Freeroll - TONIGHT at 7pm : Hi Marky. The Leaderboards ARE Updated every day, including today, up to & including Midnight last night.   They are not, & never will be, updated hourly, or even intra-day, as that would be counter-productive, both logically & commercially. And of course everyone is in the same boat, so they are encouraged to do their best all day, each day. I see your logic, but it's a policy decision to do it the way they do.  I daresay it is archived somewhere, & I'll keep looking. However, given the complexity of this Promo - 10 separate Leagues, (5 x 2), & with the 2nd Chance Freeroll running a week in arrears of the fortnightly Leagues, leaving the old Leaderboards up would only lead to more confusion, so I think it was right to remove the "dead" ones.   I'll try & find them though, & if I do, I'll post them.       
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tikay

Yeah I know they update daily showing the points achieved, it is more intra day for example hourly I was suggesting.

I think the logic and commercial aspect could be viewed two way. Players pushing more as they do not know where they are versus pushing harder because they do know where they are and want to push up a bit more.

Completely respect it is Sky's decision and it could be viewed either way. In similar promos I have seen sites implement both options.

I agree it might not look great to have old leaderboards strewn around the promos page, just something like 'Click here to see the previous leaderboards' could be useful.
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas 2nd Chance Freeroll - TONIGHT at 7pm : Thanks. In future I'm going to screenshot these things myself. Sorry to cause you extra work, chasing this up. You shouldn't have to do this. These things happen regular enough that it can't be down to human error each time, at least I hope not. I found a thread started by you that shows me 86th in cash league with 1 day to go. But I'm retry sure I finished joint 97th with 2k chips. Actually this might be where the error lies. Let's say there were 6 players tied 97th. Maybe the system only picked the top 100 players, whereas in fact it should be 102/3. My alias starts with an s so maybe that's how it missed me?
    Posted by splashies
    I remember reading in the terms and conditions that in the event of players being tied for first the the number of player points the players concerned accumulated would be used to decide. I guess this could apply to all tied positions and you could have been really unlucky.
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas 2nd Chance Freeroll - TONIGHT at 7pm : Hi Tikay Yeah I know they update daily showing the points achieved, it is more intra day for example hourly I was suggesting. I think the logic and commercial aspect could be viewed two way. Players pushing more as they do not know where they are versus pushing harder because they do know where they are and want to push up a bit more. Completely respect it is Sky's decision and it could be viewed either way. In similar promos I have seen sites implement both options. I agree it might not look great to have old leaderboards strewn around the promos page, just something like 'Click here to see the previous leaderboards' could be useful.
    Posted by markycash

Absolutely agree as to intra-day updates, it can be viewed both ways.
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas 2nd Chance Freeroll - TONIGHT at 7pm : Thanks. In future I'm going to screenshot these things myself. Sorry to cause you extra work, chasing this up. You shouldn't have to do this. These things happen regular enough that it can't be down to human error each time, at least I hope not. I found a thread started by you that shows me 86th in cash league with 1 day to go. But I'm retry sure I finished joint 97th with 2k chips. Actually this might be where the error lies. Let's say there were 6 players tied 97th. Maybe the system only picked the top 100 players, whereas in fact it should be 102/3. My alias starts with an s so maybe that's how it missed me?
    Posted by splashies

Ahh, now we are getting somewhere, and yes, that may be the answer.

I did notice that the Freeroll tonight only had (iirc) 188 runners, which struck me as odd as it should have been 98x2 = 196, I had not looked at the "tied scores" angle, and will do shortly (just about to have my dinner) but that looks the likely reason.

Incidentally, the leaderboards are not constructed manually, it is all done automatically via software, working off "Business Objects" reports, so unless that has been incorrectly coded (& there have been no other omissions it complaints as far as I know), it's hard to grasp how it could have omitted a name in error.
  • edited March 2016

Let me just have dinner, then I'll find some links to clarify the "tied scores" situation and rules.
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas 2nd Chance Freeroll - TONIGHT at 7pm : Ahh, now we are getting somewhere, and yes, that may be the answer. I did notice that the Freeroll tonight only had (iirc) 188 runners, which struck me as odd as it should have been 98x2 = 196, I had not looked at the "tied scores" angle, and will do shortly (just about to have my dinner) but that looks the likely reason. Incidentally, the leaderboards are not constructed manually, it is all done automatically via software, working off "Business Objects" reports, so unless that has been incorrectly coded (& there have been no other omissions it complaints as far as I know), it's hard to grasp how it could have omitted a name in error.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I thought that was players placing in both the cash & sng leaderboards so could only be entered once.
  • edited March 2016

^^^^

Yes, it might be. Quite awkward to work out, actually, but let's wait and see.

Probably best not to assume too much at the mo. 
  • edited March 2016
    7. In the event of a tie in positions second and below the dead heat rule will apply. All players with the same points will receive an equal share of the total amount of chips added together.* For example if players 2-6 all finish on 30 points they will all get an equal share of 66,000 chips for the Viva Las Vegas Freeroll, resulting in 13,200 chips each. This is worked out by the chip stacks from all the finishing positions being added together and divided by the number of players who qualify for that position. (E.g. 2nd to 6th tied: 20,000 + 15,000 + 12,000 + 10,000 + 9000.) *If there is a tie for the final position then all players tied will receive 2000 chips.

From the T&C^

Looks like Splashies case may be strong if it was indeed a tie for 97th
  • edited March 2016

If he did tie for 97th, yes, but we don't (yet) know if he did, as his last recollection is the penultimate day.

Looks like it all hinges on a photo finish.
  • edited March 2016
    Posted by splashies

Morning.

The thread which showed the position on the FRIDAY, 2 days before it ended, is
    HERE

Until it is investigated by the Office, I've no way of knowing if you were still in the Top 100 at close of business on the Sunday.

The Jury remains out, & the result of the photo finish is still awaited.

• edited March 2016

Hi splashies.

I sent this up to the Office to be looked at.

They have replied this morning, & I'm afraid you did not qualify for the 2nd Chance Freeroll.

So close, but no cigar. Next time, eh?

• edited March 2016
    Hi splashies. I sent this up to the Office to be looked at. They have replied this morning, & I'm afraid you did not qualify for the 2nd Chance Freeroll. So close, but no cigar. Next time, eh?  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Did they show you the final leaderboard? Or was it just, sorry no he's not on the list. I can't believe this leaderboard has disappeared off the face of the Earth.

I'm almost certain I came tied 97th. Until someone produces a copy of that final table then I won't let this go.

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas 2nd Chance Freeroll - TONIGHT at 7pm : Did they show you the final leaderboard? Or was it just, sorry no he's not on the list. I can't believe this leaderboard has disappeared off the face of the Earth. I'm almost certain I came tied 97th. Until someone produces a copy of that final table then I won't let this go.
    Posted by splashies

Can see on the 11th you were 65th with 15 LP, but I can't see a newer page :(

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas 2nd Chance Freeroll - TONIGHT at 7pm : Did they show you the final leaderboard? Or was it just, sorry no he's not on the list. I can't believe this leaderboard has disappeared off the face of the Earth. I'm almost certain I came tied 97th. Until someone produces a copy of that final table then I won't let this go.
    Posted by splashies
    Hi splashies, no, they just told me you had not qualified, & I took them at their word, as always.

If you are not happy, please send an e-Mail to CC, & it will reach the Suits who will respond as appropriate.

Sorry I can't assist further, but I have done all I can.