You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Masters Golf Betting Preview

edited April 2016 in Poker Chat

The panel of Oli Bell, Dave Ord, Michael Shinners & Neil Channing waffle on about betting opportunities in The Masters Golf, which starts tomorrow.

https://youtu.be/pX4ESUuF6Xo

Comments

• edited April 2016
    In Response to Masters Golf Betting Preview:
    The panel of Oli Bell, Dave Ord, Michael Shinners & Neil Channing waffle on about betting opportunities in The Masters Golf, which starts tomorrow.   https://youtu.be/pX4ESUuF6Xo
    Posted by Tikay10
    "Oli Bell, Dave Ord, Michael Shinners".....?

Not heard of them myself, so I suppose if Neil has a handicap it's probably those three. heehee :)

I used to play a bit of golf myself but I have never put a bet on it & on the other side of the coin, I have never rode a horse, but like to have a dabble betting on that.....strange that.

I wonder, how many sports we do, but don't have a bet on & how many sports we don't do, but do have a bet on? or am I alone here?

Seams quite odd that I am happy to bet on something I have never done & don't bet on something I do.

• edited April 2016
    careful Tikay the poker police will be on your case ;)
  • edited April 2016
    I dont know a great deal about Golf, I only really watch the final round of the majors and the Ryder Cup but I think there must be some value in Lee Westwood @ 125/1, especially with 8 places being paid?

Am I wrong? Has he lost it?
  • edited April 2016

I sadly think he may have lost it, plus he just got married and seems to have spent a fair bit of time at Cheltenham and getting drunk.

He does play incredibly well here though and the course knowledge will help him just to rock up and play.

Maybe a top 20 bet.
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: Masters Golf Betting Preview:
     I sadly think he may have lost it, plus he just got married and seems to have spent a fair bit of time at Cheltenham and getting drunk.  He does play incredibly well here though and the course knowledge will help him just to rock up and play.  Maybe a top 20 bet.
    Posted by NChanning
    Well I've stuck a couple of quid on him ew, simply because of the highlighted part. A man after my own heart!
  • edited April 2016
    I have my free bet on McIlroy for top 8.  Hoping for a small cash :)
  • edited April 2016
    Willet has to be a good EW bet man in form and fight for a ryder cup place 55/1

But hope Rory can do it
  • edited April 2016
    i think adam scott is the man to beat this year
  • edited April 2016
    + 1 Adam Scott  

Ps Webb Simpson still 500/1
  • edited April 2016
    I have gone for:

Reed
    Koepka
    Lowry 
    Westwood 

all E/W

thought the top 8 made these guys good value
  • edited April 2016
    I have not checked any oher betting sites yet but you used to be able to get the top 10 on e/w betting in the Masters.
    Scrub that - I have just had a look and most are only paying 6 places.
    Maybe in the past they all got burnt giving 10 places.

Any way...........none of you seem to have actually mentioned the probable winner Jordan Spieth

He is still a little under the radar because he is young, but if you watch golf - not only is he brilliant he has that extra talent (or gift) you need to win majors Like Tiger Woods could.

You can get 10/1 with SKY BET just now (that's a sure fire return if you bet e/w) and you will not get anything like that after the first round.

Such is my confidence in him wnning - I have punted a bit more than I ever have before on a golf tournament. (mind you, I am playing with the 'bookies brass' as they say - Spieth owes me nowt as I have won with him before)
  • edited April 2016
    I have gone for Phil Mickleson to place in the top 5 @ 9/2
  • edited April 2016
    Final update for me:

EW
    McIlory
    Spieth
    Mickelson
  • edited April 2016
    Players at Value - Scott, Watson, Fowler, Reed, Snedeker, Cabrera Bello, Haas, Cabera

Players to Swerve - Speith, Dustin, Stenson, Garcia, 

There are fuller previews in the "Get in the Hole" thread on the Betting Chat tab from myself and several others.
  • edited April 2016

ive just added webb 1-5 with a free bet on another site

• edited April 2016
    I have not checked any oher betting sites yet but you used to be able to get the top 10 on e/w betting in the Masters. Scrub that - I have just had a look and most are only paying 6 places. Maybe in the past they all got burnt giving 10 places. Any way...........none of you seem to have actually mentioned the probable winner  Jordan Spieth He is still a little under the radar because he is young, but if you watch golf - not only is he brilliant he has that extra talent (or gift) you need to win majors Like Tiger Woods could. You can get 10/1 with SKY BET just now (that's a sure fire return if you bet e/w) and you will not get anything like that after the first round. Such is my confidence in him wnning - I have punted a bit more than I ever have before on a golf tournament. (mind you, I am playing with the 'bookies brass' as they say - Spieth owes me nowt as I have won with him before)
    Posted by Goody_Ace
    If your an alien maybe. After last year he,s everywhere. He won,t putt like he did last year and his form isn,t gr8. GL tho

EDIT : lol - 2 seconds later he goes 1 under - what do i know :)
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: Masters Golf Betting Preview : If your an alien maybe. After last year he,s everywhere. He won,t putt like he did last year and his form isn,t gr8. GL tho EDIT : lol - 2 seconds later he goes 1 under - what do i know :)
    Posted by MP33

Bump :)

Neil - tippied up Casey too

• edited April 2016
    Players at Value - Scott, Watson, Fowler, Reed, Snedeker, Cabrera Bello, Haas, Cabera Players to Swerve - Speith, Dustin, Stenson, Garcia,  There are fuller previews in the "Get in the Hole" thread on the Betting Chat tab from myself and several others.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    captain hindsight but these tips have gone awful so far haha, sorry fella.

I've got Snedeker and Lowry and a couple of fellas at -1 and evens.
  • edited April 2016
    When I said under the radar, I meant you can still get good odds on Spieth over here.
    Despite the fact he has won it before.
    10 to 1 were great odds and look where he is after day one.

15/8 now
  • edited April 2016
    1 shot lead going into the final round with all the 'good un's' falling away.
    Could be a late night tonight. 
  • edited April 2016
    I am counting on Spieth winning to rescue what has been a terrible weekend.

McIlroy sneaking into the top 8 would help somewhat too
  • edited April 2016

Got a tenner each way on Matsuyama 35/1.

Gokouun o inorimasu
  • edited April 2016
    Sky are paying 8 places. Does this mean a player who finishes in tied 8th, or is it the first 8 names on the leaderboard?
  • edited April 2016
    Sky are paying 8 places. Does this mean a player who finishes in tied 8th, or is it the first 8 names on the leaderboard?
    Posted by waller02
    Hi Waller

You get 1/4 odds if they are 8th by themselves.

If theres 2 tied for 8th then its 1/8th of the odds

If there 4 then its 1/16th and so on, I think it works like this.

Better getting 6th or 7th just to make sure Come on RORY and Willet
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: Masters Golf Betting Preview : Hi Waller You get 1/4 odds if they are 8th by themselves. If theres 2 tied for 8th then its 1/8th of the odds If there 4 then its 1/16th and so on, I think it works like this. Better getting 6th or 7th just to make sure Come on RORY and Willet
    Posted by stuarty117
    Ah right, cheers for explaining. I'm on Westwood @125/1, hope he has a great final round!
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: Masters Golf Betting Preview : Ah right, cheers for explaining. I'm on Westwood @125/1, hope he has a great final round!
    Posted by waller02
    If none of my fellas win i would love to see westwood win he really deserves a major been so close
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: Masters Golf Betting Preview : Hi Waller You get 1/4 odds if they are 8th by themselves. If theres 2 tied for 8th then its 1/8th of the odds If there 4 then its 1/16th and so on, I think it works like this. Better getting 6th or 7th just to make sure Come on RORY and Willet
    Posted by stuarty117
    Im not sure either,but if tied for eigth with just one other i think its same odds but your stake is halved.
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: Masters Golf Betting Preview : Im not sure either,but if tied for eigth with just one other i think its same odds but your stake is halved.
    Posted by chilling
    ur stake isnt havled it goes to 1/8, i had one were 4 tied for 6th and it was top 6 and got 1/16th customer care explained it me as i wondered why i only got 1/16th.
  • edited April 2016
    Of course halving or quartering the odds is the same thing as halving or quartering your stake.

But as a golf bet novice myself what I'd like to know is how it would settle if say your selection is tied 6th with 4 other players? Would it be 3/5 as 6,7,8 pay and 9,10 don't?
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: Masters Golf Betting Preview : If none of my fellas win i would love to see westwood win he really deserves a major been so close
    Posted by stuarty117

I would love to see him win as well  ;-)