You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£3.5k Vegas Packages, it just gets better.....but be careful.

edited April 2016 in Poker Chat

Morning.

I'm losing track of the different ways there are to win the £3.5k Vegas packages.

VLV Cash Leagues, VLV SNG Leagues, (both award a seat every fortnight), 2nd Chance Freerolls (1 seat per fortnight), & regular Satellite qualifying. There are still 2 more £3.5k VLV Finals to come (30th April, 28th May) & they BOTH have 5 packages Guaranteed.

Now word reaches me of yet another route to win £3.5k VLV Packages, which will be announced in due course. That'll be another handful of packages, & be very accessible to almost all of you. 

Word of warning though.......

No player can win more than 1 x £3.5k VLV Package, & if they do, they will NOT get any reimbursement, consolation prize, or payout, nothing at all, zero, zilch. The T & C's are clear on this.

So if you have already won a £3.5k VLV package, well done you, but please bear in mind you can't win another. You CAN win money in the prize pools for 2nd & lower, of course, but you'll get nothing for winning another, nothing at all. Any player doing so won't have any negotiating options - they will be auto-disqualified from 1st place, with the 2nd getting the package.

Note that a £3.5k VLV winner CAN qualify & win a VLV £10k package though - that's completely fine.

Comments

• edited April 2016
    If that's the case, then I don't think they should be allowed to enter to win any money for 2nd and lower. Lets say they get to the FT and there's only 3 left and they don't want to risk winning it so they decide to just give away all their chips - how is it fair on the player who isn't the beneficiary of their chips? 

Another scenario that could happen is it's down to 4 players and 2 players already have a package and as such neither want to win it. They both have say 40k in chips, 3rd place has 30k and 4th place has 8k. 3rd place might well get into a pot with one of the 2 bigger stacks and be willing to gamble all their chips since 1st is the biggest prize in this tournament. Because he doesn't realise that 1st and 2nd already have a seat. But if he did, he would know that it's suicide to gamble with the 2 big stacks since he could just wait it out until the short stack gets knocked out and then he'd be guaranteed to win it.

• edited April 2016
    Agree with Ivan lots of players dont read the forum and probly like 99% dont read the small print in them terms and conditions things.  Just seems mad that they can win money if they get 2nd for example but if they finish 1st they will get nothing.  So if that player finds out all of a sudden on the ft that they can only get money if they finish below 1st then the correct strategy for that player would be to chip dump on purpose to the rest of the table. Most people will just assume there going to receive the cash like any other sat on here it would be wrong to punish them.

The players that have won under these rules 100% should not be allowed to enter as its completely unfair for them if they happened to not know. Emails, text messages need to be sent out to let everyone know and some kind of system put in place were players who have won a seat will be unable to register again for the sat to protect them players from a very bad situation if they win.

• edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: £3.5k Vegas Packages, it just gets better.....but be careful.:
    Agree with Ivan lots of players dont read the forum and probly like 99% dont read the small print in them terms and conditions things.  Just seems mad that they can win money if they get 2nd for example but if they finish 1st they will get nothing.  So if that player finds out all of a sudden on the ft that they can only get money if they finish below 1st then the correct strategy for that player would be to chip dump on purpose to the rest of the table. Most people will just assume there going to receive the cash like any other sat on here it would be wrong to punish them. The players that have won under these rules 100% should not be allowed to enter as its completely unfair for them if they happened to not know. Emails, text messages need to be sent out to let everyone know and some kind of system put in place were players who have won a seat will be unable to register again for the sat to protect them players from a very bad situation if they win.
    Posted by bearlyther
    No, they still want second place for more money, and at that point they only have one choice to chip dump to, still a bit dodgy though
  • edited April 2016
    Imagine a scanario where you are in second place with 6 players left with 4 seats and 5th place gets money then you would have to chip dump. I dont understand why these players are allowed to play if there going to be punished bizzare to say the least.
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: £3.5k Vegas Packages, it just gets better.....but be careful.:
    Imagine a scanario were you are in second place with 6 players left with 4 seats and 5th place gets money then you would have to chip dump. I dont understand why these players are allowed to play if there going to be punished bizzare to say the least.
    Posted by bearlyther
    I was thinking about the vlv ones where it's money up to 2nd place, in the ones you're talking about it's certainly even  more of a problem
  • edited April 2016
    Sounds good Tikay! Look forward to seeing what the extra ways of qualifying are.
  • edited April 2016
    Why is it that people complain the most whenever Sky gives something for free?
  • edited April 2016
    Posted by Essexphil
    Becasuse its complete madness how can you potentially win about £700 or £800 for a lower placed finish but finish above that and win 1 of the seats and receive £0. 

If some sort of system isnt put in place to prevent players who have already won a seat from entering then what should happen is that they receive the cash prize that the person below them would have received and the person who finished below them now would win the package. For them to receive nothing for a higher placed finish doesnt make any sense.
  • edited April 2016

Guys, 

Steady on please, let's keep a sense of perspective, & tone down the invective.

It's neither "complete madness" nor "bizarre", & I put the post up simply to remind everyone of a situation that has existed since Day 1.

At present, give or take 1 or 2, only 11 (eleven) players have won a 2016 VLV Package.

It has been in place since Day 1, & this particular matter has yet to exercise anyone in 2016, 2015, or any other year that VLV has run, & VLV has been around a long time now.  

It is, & always has been, at the head of the Viva Las Vegas T & C's.

"Viva Las Vegas Additional Terms and Conditions
    1. Each player is eligible to win one package worth £3,500 and one Viva Las Vegas package worth £10,000. A player can win both packages, but cannot win two packages of the same value. Any player who is eligible to win more than one package; will not be awarded with any alternative cash or prize in any format. This includes packages that are won via satellites, freerolls or any other means. The relevant additional prize will be awarded to the next eligible player."

Players need to take responsibility for some things, & that includes reading the T & C's. All the e-Mails that promote the various VLV Promos & Satellites also point to a page that includes the T & C's.

More than happy to discuss back & forth, & have a useful debate, pass the thread upstairs etc, but let's keep a sense of perspective.

Thanks.    
  • edited April 2016
    Is it true there wont be breaks for this tournament?
  • edited April 2016
    Is it true there wont be breaks for this tournament?
    Posted by MattBates
    I see what you did there Mr B.

;)
  • edited April 2016
    HAS ANYONE MENTIONED THE £2.20 @2.20 YET.
  • edited April 2016
    I reliase everyone can only win 1 seat i have no issue with that sky are entitled to do that. 

If anyone can give 1 good logical reason why in certain circumstances someone might have to chip dump so they can finish in a lower position as if they finish above that position they will get nothing id love to hear it as ive never heard of a situation like that in anything before.

Going to leave it there.
  • edited April 2016
    I agree with Ivan , then again i haven,t won a package. If i had i,d probably disagree

Hopefully more chances for lower stakes players 
  • edited April 2016
    Any idea when the details of these new chances will be posted up please?
  • edited April 2016
    Posted by Essexphil
    Why is it that when ever a good reasoned argument is put forward that someone takes that as complaining? 

I've always thought it's great when Sky give away free things. I'm not complaining about the tournament and how something isn't fair. I haven't even played in one. But imagine how someone would feel if they busted out in 4th place when they had a comfortable stack at the time only to find out that if they'd hanged on and outlasted a short-stack that they would have won a seat due to 2 players already having a seat? Or imagine how they'd feel if they saw a huge big stack chip dump to another player and meant they ended up missing out on a seat.

I know it's been this way since the start and AFAIK they haven't had these problems arise, but they could have happened - and still can in the remaining tournaments. 
  • edited April 2016
    if people who already won a seat didn,t enter these tournaments the problem wouldn,t arise.simples
  • edited April 2016
    if people who already won a seat didn,t enter these tournaments the problem wouldn,t arise.simples
    Posted by stokefc

Hit. Nail. Head.

;)
  • edited April 2016
    Any idea when the details of these new chances will be posted up please?
    Posted by IrishRose
    Sorry Rose, I have to swerve that. 
  • edited April 2016
    most people should be able to work this one out. its not to likely that someone will win a package twice i know better players have the odds more in there favour and decent players have won tournies back to back before.

but it is still not to likely. However if i was in that spot id just sit out at the appropiate time. i could ship it with 83 off but its sods law id scoop the whole thing with that the one time i did not want to.

in order to avoid getting in trouble for an extremly unlikely scenario though, if i did get the vegas package then sat out delibrately in the next free roll is that ok or could i be penalised?

note other sites simply give tourney money in this situation, i fully accept it is skys right to run a promotion however they choose so long as they dont change terms half way through or not honor the original promise, but it does seem a little silly.

• edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: £3.5k Vegas Packages, it just gets better.....but be careful. : Hit. Nail. Head. ;)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    God, you really are boring about this! Everyone knows your views.

I would have thought there is a decent chance that it could be like the 2nd chance freerolls where players are auto entered so it is a potential issue.
  • edited April 2016
    most people should be able to work this one out. its not to likely that someone will win a package twice i know better players have the odds more in there favour and decent players have won tournies back to back before. but it is still not to likely. However if i was in that spot id just sit out at the appropiate time. i could ship it with 83 off but its sods law id scoop the whole thing with that the one time i did not want to. in order to avoid getting in trouble for an extremly unlikely scenario though, if i did get the vegas package then sat out delibrately in the next free roll is that ok or could i be penalised? note other sites simply give tourney money in this situation, i fully accept it is skys right to run a promotion however they choose so long as they dont change terms half way through or not honor the original promise, but it does seem a little silly.
    Posted by Doubleme
    No, you would not be penalised for deliberately sitting out in that situation.

Welcome to the Forum Mr x2Me, hope you hang around.

I agree it is an odd situation, but if you think about it, there is a reason why the various VLV Promos are structured the way they are. There is always a reason for everything. These reasons carry with them a range of negatives & positives, & we need to view them as a basket, & on balance.

Unfortunately, Sky Poker don't currently have the means to offer Tourney Tickets, which is regrettable.

If you plan to try & qualify to go to Vegas with Sky Poker, the VBOL to you. It really is a good trip, every year, & I've yet to hear of a VLV package winner who has not had a wonderful time out there.   
  • edited April 2016
    I haven't read all the posts, but wouldn't it make sense for someone who won a second package to just get 2nd place money instead, with 2nd place getting the seat?
  • edited April 2016
    I haven't read all the posts, but wouldn't it make sense for someone who won a second package to just get 2nd place money instead, with 2nd place getting the seat?
    Posted by FeelGroggy
    +1  great idea xx
  • edited April 2016
    Posted by FeelGroggy
    Morning Groggy,

That idea is not without merit, however, in the first & only of the £3.5k Vegas Finals this year, there was no 2nd place money, as there were only 44 runners, & it needed 51 before 2nd place money came into play.

If that exact scenario were to be repeated in future VLV Finals, a previous winner who won another package would be disqualified, & get nothing, with the 6th place finisher moving up a spot & getting the package as far as I know.

• edited April 2016
    If I have been before can I go again, perhaps bring Brian Lara as my plus 1? ;)
  • edited April 2016
    Posted by tomgoodun
    If you get a pass from Mrs Tom to leave her at home, yeah, of course.

Good luck with that. ;)
  • edited April 2016
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Think some forum bans need dishing out.
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: £3.5k Vegas Packages, it just gets better.....but be careful. : Morning Groggy, That idea is not without merit, however, in the first & only of the £3.5k Vegas Finals this year, there was no 2nd place money, as there were only 44 runners, & it needed 51 before 2nd place money came into play. If that exact scenario were to be repeated in future VLV Finals, a previous winner who won another package would be disqualified, & get nothing, with the 6th place finisher moving up a spot & getting the package as far as I know.  
    Posted by Tikay10

I might be mistaken Tikay (and I frequently am!) but I was talking more so about the Vegas League freerolls where I thought 2nd place and first place could swap prizes if first place already had a Vegas seat?  That way there wouldn't be any issue re chip dumping / sitting out etc as you'd still be playing for the win as trying to aim for 2nd instead of 1st then wouldn't be an issue?

I know what I mean - but congratulations if you can begin to understand me lol.
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: £3.5k Vegas Packages, it just gets better.....but be careful. : I might be mistaken Tikay (and I frequently am!) but I was talking more so about the Vegas League freerolls where I thought 2nd place and first place could swap prizes if first place already had a Vegas seat?  That way there wouldn't be any issue re chip dumping / sitting out etc as you'd still be playing for the win as trying to aim for 2nd instead of 1st then wouldn't be an issue? I know what I mean - but congratulations if you can begin to understand me lol.
    Posted by IrishRose
    Ah, gotcha Rose. I think.....