You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Markycash diary - Vegas 2017

Comments

• edited April 2017
    Congratulations 
  • edited April 2017
    Thanks all, much appreciated!

And @ George, some great UKOPS results yourself! You played excellent and I remember you were very tough to play in the few pots we mixed it up in a tourney the previous night. I think you sent me packing?

Regarding your previous post. I have never been to the Maybury, would love to try it sometime though. As long as I get through border control at Harthill without a passport as Hendrik mentioned :D Also want to try the Genting in Glasgow in the next few weeks.

Will try my hardest to turn the £1260 ticket into a package. Have played several WSOP events but never the main event, the thought of having a 50k starting stack at the WSOP would be very exciting!

GL at the tables all and thanks again for the nice comments!
  • edited April 2017

Congrats on the Leader board win Mark. Going for the double with the mini?

Had to double check the update though.....it looked like Dumbo was in 1st and 2nd spot ;)
  • edited April 2017
    Hi Marky , thanks for the compliment , i will message you when a decent game is on at the Maybury.
       We dont stay too far from it, but sometimes book into the Marriot hotel just 60 yards across the road for a nights treat, and lets us have a drink if we wish.  Cheers George.
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Markycash diary - UKOPS adventures - Any interest in a 'stay or go' style PLO8 tourney breakdown?:
    Congrats on the Leader board win Mark. Going for the double with the mini? Had to double check the update though.....it looked like Dumbo was in 1st and 2nd spot ;)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Very good lol :-P

I really would love to try and do the double but the last week has been constant poker and studying. I have to study all night tonight for my last ever exam at uni tomorrow. I am also going out with my dad the following night for a couple of drinks and a game of snooker. So I will just be playing the odd passing tourney in the UKOPS mini.

Good luck to you in you are trying though?!
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Markycash diary - UKOPS adventures - Any interest in a 'stay or go' style PLO8 tourney breakdown?:
    Hi Marky , thanks for the compliment , i will message you when a decent game is on at the Maybury.    We dont stay too far from it, but sometimes book into the Marriot hotel just 60 yards across the road for a nights treat, and lets us have a drink if we wish.  Cheers George.
    Posted by glencoelad
    Nice one George, could be fun :)
  • edited April 2017
    AJ will be pleased to know that after 4 years the BA degree in psychology is now complete, so the uni waffle can finally stop!

A couple of days break then time to turn up the poker volume.
  • edited April 2017
    Quick update

Haven't been playing too much after a hectic week or so.

Was actually feeling quite ill, didn't feel good generally and have had/have a very severe migraine for 2 days+. I think it is the marathon runner type thing where they can be running for hours and be 500 yards from the finish line and still going but as soon as they cross that line they collapse in a heap. I think between studying and poker last week was about 110 hours+ of strain on the mind and it took its toll.

Plenty time to chill and recharge the batteries now though so hopefully will be firing on all cylinders in a couple of days.

Played a few mini UKOPS games last night. The dealer stealer game broke which I am sure everyone knows by now. KK hands were the main story of the other games. I bust the £11 game with KK after I ran into a flopped set.

In the $5.50 UKOPS BH I was going along nice and sitting about 4th of 50 left (with about 35-40 BBs) when I get KK in the BB @ 600-1200 level and the C/O limps preflop. I make it 4800 as if I am chasing them off my BB and hoping they do something stupid. They flat call and the flop is Q64 (pretty good right?). I bet 7kish hoping they shove and Q/rag hands and they oblige. The rag is a 6 though and they hold. Was a touch surprised they were limp/calling almost a quarter of their stack near the bubble with Q6, even more suprised they flopped top 2 and less surprised that they held up. That pot would have given me the chiplead too, ah well!

I still had chips left but lost with 88 v A7 AIPF, 77 v A6 AIPF and finally 88 v AK AIPF and it was GG me. I did cash but definitely some run bad in this game but no complaints, I have had my fair share of good luck too!

I came 4th in one of the £5.50 PLO8 BH's too, was chipleading and thought I may be able to use it if I had won for the hand by hand breakdown thing I suggested. Kind of glad I didn't in a way as there were a few erratic plays. Had games on a few sites open and was playing NLHE, PLO8, NLO8, BH's, regular games, Hypers etc so a lot of my play was a bit lazy and if I had won it might have been a bit cringe-worthy looking back on some of the hands.

Hope you are all doing well on and off the tables and thanks for reading!
  • edited April 2017
    I'm in for PLO8 breakdown!

I'm looking for smaller fields to play as I think my pacing is quite good in small fields whereas my 'gear changes' in larger fields are a bit off other than the obvious bubbles. PLO8 seems to have quite nice field sizes for what I'm looking for. The issue is, whilst I'm happy to currently have the occasional punt and click buttons in a game I don't understand, ultimately donating my buy-in to the O8 community (you're welcome!) there's no real incentive for me to learn it properly as there's nothing to aim for/progress to that is higher than 5.5.

You can see it from Sky's point of view though. For example, played the £5.5 Deepstack (NLH) last night that runs on the weekends. People are always moaning about too many bounty hunters and 'bring in more deepstack games' etc etc. This game seems to be exactly what people are asking for... and got 34 runners. At peak time. On a Sunday. Compared with equivalent buy-in bounty hunters that get 400+ runners at peak time. If you're Sky it's an absolute no-brainer to cater more to the latter.

But yes please to tourney breakdown! Few handy hints for beginners also!
  • edited April 2017
    I'm in for PLO8 breakdown! I'm looking for smaller fields to play as I think my pacing is quite good in small fields whereas my 'gear changes' in larger fields are a bit off other than the obvious bubbles. PLO8 seems to have quite nice field sizes for what I'm looking for. The issue is, whilst I'm happy to currently have the occasional punt and click buttons in a game I don't understand, ultimately donating my buy-in to the O8 community (you're welcome!) there's no real incentive for me to learn it properly as there's nothing to aim for/progress to that is higher than 5.5. You can see it from Sky's point of view though. For example, played the £5.5 Deepstack (NLH) last night that runs on the weekends. People are always moaning about too many bounty hunters and 'bring in more deepstack games' etc etc. This game seems to be exactly what people are asking for... and got 34 runners. At peak time. On a Sunday. Compared with equivalent buy-in bounty hunters that get 400+ runners at peak time. If you're Sky it's an absolute no-brainer to cater more to the latter. But yes please to tourney breakdown! Few handy hints for beginners also!
    Posted by Angmar2626
    Nice 1 and I can relate to your point. I started out in poker on a site with smaller field sizes and I think some of that stuck with me. I am also working on my pacing in larger tourneys just now. 
  • edited April 2017
    Quickest of updates while I am here.

Decided to have a night off and find 'classic' film to watch that I haven't seen for a while. Not quite sure what to go for, maybe 'blow'. Seen it loads but not for a while and watched NARCOS on Netflix recently so it might be fun to watch having seen things more from Pablo Escobar's POV via NARCOS.

On the playing front I haven't played as much as I would have liked due to real life stuff getting in the way. Did manage to take 'The Mini' down last night though for £445 so am happy enough considering the little amount I have played.

Have a little WSOP package qualifier final to play tomorrow night on another site which I won't name for obvious reasons.

Wedding to attend on Friday then time to put some serious volume in and maybe try and win a PLO8 BH so I can do the hand breakdown thing I mentioned.

Hope you are all well and GL on the tables!
  • edited April 2017
    Quickest of updates while I am here. Decided to have a night off and find 'classic' film to watch that I haven't seen for a while. Not quite sure what to go for, maybe 'blow'. Seen it loads but not for a while and watched NARCOS on Netflix recently so it might be fun to watch having seen things more from Pablo Escobar's POV via NARCOS. On the playing front I haven't played as much as I would have liked due to real life stuff getting in the way. Did manage to take 'The Mini' down last night though for £445 so am happy enough considering the little amount I have played. Have a little WSOP package qualifier final to play tomorrow night on another site which I won't name for obvious reasons. Wedding to attend on Friday then time to put some serious volume in and maybe try and win a PLO8 BH so I can do the hand breakdown thing I mentioned. Hope you are all well and GL on the tables!
    Posted by markycash

I don't think it really matters if you win, a deepish run would be fine and actually mistakes or a cold decks would be just as interesting.
    I am just aware the readers want you to get it started and if we have to wait until you win one we might lose interest  ;-p

• edited April 2017
    Fair points Paul: -)

I will start the thread off at the beginning of next week at the latest then.
  • edited April 2017
    From my blog elsewhere...

Might be a few boxing fans on here?

"Looking forward to the Joshua v Klitschko fight tomorrow. I see Joshua is the favourite and you can get 2/1 on Klitschko. I feel like the betting is overly UK influenced. I thought Klitschko would probably win the Fury rematch as he probably underestimated the 'clown' going into the fight. I would bet he was training like never before after the defeat and wanted the belts back. Also I think he respects Joshua so will have put some serious training in for this one.

I mean it must have hurt to lose his belts after having them for so long. He probably has a point to prove to himself and the boxing fans and I doubt he wants to end his career like this. I also have seen Joshua slightly troubled when fighters can land and it would be a surprise if Klitschko is not in there for quite a few rounds if not the whole 12 landing punches. 2/1 looks very generous so I may have to throw a little bet on Klitschko winning by KO.

Also as a 41 year old it would be nice to see Klitschko do it for us young early 40 yo's :)

It would be quite something if Joshua goes in there and blows Klitschko out the ring within a few rounds."
  • edited April 2017
    Regarding the hand breakdown thing...

Finished 2nd in the 7:15pm game tonight and there were some interesting enough spots came up so I will use that.

Will get the thread started off at some point during the weekend.
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Markycash diary:
    Regarding the hand breakdown thing... Finished 2nd in the 7:15pm game tonight and there were some interesting enough spots came up so I will use that. Will get the thread started off at some point during the weekend.
    Posted by markycash

look forward  to it n1 marky
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Markycash diary:
    In Response to Re: Markycash diary : look forward  to it n1 marky
    Posted by UrABawBag2
    Cheers Mick

Finished 2nd in the 9:15pm too lol. Rather than chose between them, as I think we can move through the hands quite quickly, I might just use both tourneys.

Now to see if I can do a 'Matt Bates' and finish 2nd in the next one too :D
  • edited May 2017
    Well I fully appreciate that everyone is firmly perched on the edge of their seats waiting on my next update, so who am I to deny the Sky poker masses! (I am in a highly sarcastic mood this morning, just in case anyone thinks I am charting new levels of narcissism). 

The reluctant quest to be a non-smoker

I am flirting with the idea of stopping smoking. It may be more appropriate to say I am feeling under immense pressure to stop smoking due to family and friends (with good intentions) moaning at me to stop. So... kicking and screaming like a petulant child, oh no, wait! Scratch that... As I am trying to be very sensible I oblidge and give it a go (that sarcasm again).  

I dug out the array of E-cigs I bought last week and yesterday about 1.pm I decided that rather than buy more smokes, I would fill the new E-cig with a 'nutty tobacco' flavour liquid and give it a try. I managed to convince myself until this morning that I didn't mind and it was no bother. This morning however, after a couple of hours laying dazed in bed I caved in and went and bought some real ciggies. 

I think the problem is that I do love my ciggies. If these things were 'good for you' I would be considered a health freak. Obviously though, like all the other pleasurable things, bacon, chocolate, alcohol etc... They are 'bad for you'. Oh well, I did last 18 hours which is more than I have managed in the last year. Will give it a bigger try within the next few days.

Doggy Holidays

Looking forward to taking a little trip with my 2 dogs to the 'Isle of Cumbrae', either tomorrow or Friday. It would be tomorrow but my partner is under a bit of pressure at the latter stages of her Astrophysics degree and doesn't know if she will be able to take tomorrow off, either way we can go on Friday if not tomorrow.

I am not sure how this will pan out. One of the dogs (both collies) is fine as long as you continually throw balls for him, feed him, give him a postman to go crazy at or give him something to hump. The other dog is however, batsh1t crazy! He spends half his days trying to 'catch shadows' and gets so excited at a 3 minute car journey that he has to chew through a seatbelt (3 failed MOT's and a lot of replacing broken seatbelts will testify to this). Taking them on a boat and out to interact with the public for an entire day will be... rather interesting.

The pokers

Had a bad Sunday. Regged a few tourneys, bust them all and then decided to late reg the £95 buy in £4k Vegas package thingy. First hand I get AQs in the CO 6 handed @ 250-500 level with the 4k starting stack. UTG miniopens (they have 6k), I jam hoping to pick up the 1750 chips or get a quick double that puts me into the mix. The BB reshoves for 8k and the initial raiser gets out the way. BB has AKo and has no trouble holding. So that was an expensive hand.

Mixed results on other sites too but a small profit of around $80 yesterday. Also was around £30 up on Sky through PLO8 DYM's yesterday. I may have to play a few more of these, I am playing them very sporadically but cannot remember the last PLO8 DYM I didn't cash in. Only playing a few now n then but I imagine I must be on a run of at least 10+ consecutive cashes in them, not exactly sure. I am sure however that this run will end soon enough.

I am focusing some play on other sites, very temporarily, just for a change of scenery to try and bring some better focus as my game feels a little turbulent right now.

Anyways, I will leave it there for now.

Hope you are all doing well & cheers to anyone reading my drivel. 
  • edited May 2017
    Hi Marky, good luck in the quest to stop smoking, best decission you will ever make if it comes off !
      On the movie front a few old ones i enjoy watching again are " Treasure of the Sierra Madre " 
     ( dont get too greedy in the pots )
     " Life is Beautiful " ( best with subtitles ....always think possitive ! )
     "Quest for fire "  This is mental, real old movie about the days of Cave men ..not sure if TK got a small part in this, no words just grunts etc, but a good LOL movie.

On the live game / holidays , we are off this weekend to Malaga, taking in a 150 euro 2 day event at 
     Torrequebrada hotel , by the beach and a decent payout for the winner. 
       A couple of friends are going also , so should be fun, and i will get a bit of fishing done away from the tables also .  Perhaps a small buy in like this could be posting and trying to have a few sky players meet up 
     for a game in the sun ?
        Run good, take care.
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Markycash diary - quitting smoking, doggy holidays and the pokers.:
    Well I fully appreciate that everyone is firmly perched on the edge of their seats waiting on my next update, so who am I to deny the Sky poker masses! (I am in a highly sarcastic mood this morning, just in case anyone thinks I am charting new levels of narcissism).  The reluctant quest to be a non-smoker I am flirting with the idea of stopping smoking. It may be more appropriate to say I am feeling under immense pressure to stop smoking due to family and friends (with good intentions) moaning at me to stop. So... kicking and screaming like a petulant child, oh no, wait! Scratch that... As I am trying to be very sensible I oblidge and give it a go (that sarcasm again).   I dug out the array of E-cigs I bought last week and yesterday about 1.pm I decided that rather than buy more smokes, I would fill the new E-cig with a 'nutty tobacco' flavour liquid and give it a try. I managed to convince myself until this morning that I didn't mind and it was no bother. This morning however, after a couple of hours laying dazed in bed I caved in and went and bought some real ciggies.  I think the problem is that I do love my ciggies. If these things were 'good for you' I would be considered a health freak. Obviously though, like all the other pleasurable things, bacon, chocolate, alcohol etc... They are 'bad for you'. Oh well, I did last 18 hours which is more than I have managed in the last year. Will give it a bigger try within the next few days. Doggy Holidays Looking forward to taking a little trip with my 2 dogs to the 'Isle of Cumbrae', either tomorrow or Friday. It would be tomorrow but my partner is under a bit of pressure at the latter stages of her Astrophysics degree and doesn't know if she will be able to take tomorrow off, either way we can go on Friday if not tomorrow. I am not sure how this will pan out. One of the dogs (both collies) is fine as long as you continually throw balls for him, feed him, give him a postman to go crazy at or give him something to hump. The other dog is however, batsh1t crazy! He spends half his days trying to 'catch shadows' and gets so excited at a 3 minute car journey that he has to chew through a seatbelt (3 failed MOT's and a lot of replacing broken seatbelts will testify to this). Taking them on a boat and out to interact with the public for an entire day will be... rather interesting. The pokers Had a bad Sunday. Regged a few tourneys, bust them all and then decided to late reg the £95 buy in £4k Vegas package thingy. First hand I get AQs in the CO 6 handed @ 250-500 level with the 4k starting stack. UTG miniopens (they have 6k), I jam hoping to pick up the 1750 chips or get a quick double that puts me into the mix. The BB reshoves for 8k and the initial raiser gets out the way. BB has AKo and has no trouble holding. So that was an expensive hand. Mixed results on other sites too but a small profit of around $80 yesterday. Also was around £30 up on Sky through PLO8 DYM's yesterday. I may have to play a few more of these, I am playing them very sporadically but cannot remember the last PLO8 DYM I didn't cash in. Only playing a few now n then but I imagine I must be on a run of at least 10+ consecutive cashes in them, not exactly sure. I am sure however that this run will end soon enough. I am focusing some play on other sites, very temporarily, just for a change of scenery to try and bring some better focus as my game feels a little turbulent right now. Anyways, I will leave it there for now. Hope you are all doing well & cheers to anyone reading my drivel. 
    Posted by markycash

15, not that anyone is counting.

I might have to start playing again & put a stop to that nonsense.
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Markycash diary - quitting smoking, doggy holidays and the pokers.:
    Well I fully appreciate that everyone is firmly perched on the edge of their seats waiting on my next update, so who am I to deny the Sky poker masses! (I am in a highly sarcastic mood this morning, just in case anyone thinks I am charting new levels of narcissism).  The reluctant quest to be a non-smoker I am flirting with the idea of stopping smoking. It may be more appropriate to say I am feeling under immense pressure to stop smoking due to family and friends (with good intentions) moaning at me to stop. So... kicking and screaming like a petulant child, oh no, wait! Scratch that... As I am trying to be very sensible I oblidge and give it a go (that sarcasm again).   I dug out the array of E-cigs I bought last week and yesterday about 1.pm I decided that rather than buy more smokes, I would fill the new E-cig with a 'nutty tobacco' flavour liquid and give it a try. I managed to convince myself until this morning that I didn't mind and it was no bother. This morning however, after a couple of hours laying dazed in bed I caved in and went and bought some real ciggies.  I think the problem is that I do love my ciggies. If these things were 'good for you' I would be considered a health freak. Obviously though, like all the other pleasurable things, bacon, chocolate, alcohol etc... They are 'bad for you'. Oh well, I did last 18 hours which is more than I have managed in the last year. Will give it a bigger try within the next few days. Doggy Holidays Looking forward to taking a little trip with my 2 dogs to the 'Isle of Cumbrae', either tomorrow or Friday. It would be tomorrow but my partner is under a bit of pressure at the latter stages of her Astrophysics degree and doesn't know if she will be able to take tomorrow off, either way we can go on Friday if not tomorrow. I am not sure how this will pan out. One of the dogs (both collies) is fine as long as you continually throw balls for him, feed him, give him a postman to go crazy at or give him something to hump. The other dog is however, batsh1t crazy! He spends half his days trying to 'catch shadows' and gets so excited at a 3 minute car journey that he has to chew through a seatbelt (3 failed MOT's and a lot of replacing broken seatbelts will testify to this). Taking them on a boat and out to interact with the public for an entire day will be... rather interesting. The pokers Had a bad Sunday. Regged a few tourneys, bust them all and then decided to late reg the £95 buy in £4k Vegas package thingy. First hand I get AQs in the CO 6 handed @ 250-500 level with the 4k starting stack. UTG miniopens (they have 6k), I jam hoping to pick up the 1750 chips or get a quick double that puts me into the mix. The BB reshoves for 8k and the initial raiser gets out the way. BB has AKo and has no trouble holding. So that was an expensive hand. Mixed results on other sites too but a small profit of around $80 yesterday. Also was around £30 up on Sky through PLO8 DYM's yesterday. I may have to play a few more of these, I am playing them very sporadically but cannot remember the last PLO8 DYM I didn't cash in. Only playing a few now n then but I imagine I must be on a run of at least 10+ consecutive cashes in them, not exactly sure. I am sure however that this run will end soon enough. I am focusing some play on other sites, very temporarily, just for a change of scenery to try and bring some better focus as my game feels a little turbulent right now. Anyways, I will leave it there for now. Hope you are all doing well & cheers to anyone reading my drivel. 
    Posted by markycash
    Try thinking about the money you could save.

I quit smoking exactly 50 days ago, & assuming I smoked a pack a day, that means I am around £500 ahead already.   

I'm doing it the hard way, too - cold turkey (no patches or 'owt) AND hard dieting at the same time. Quite a neat trick to accomplish those two.

So come on Mr B, show your mettle & quit with the ciggies.

• edited May 2017
    Surely you have plenty of armoury in your psychology toolkit to help you in your quest to quit?

• edited May 2017
    Hi Marky, good luck in the quest to stop smoking, best decission you will ever make if it comes off !   On the movie front a few old ones i enjoy watching again are " Treasure of the Sierra Madre "   ( dont get too greedy in the pots )  " Life is Beautiful " ( best with subtitles ....always think possitive ! )  "Quest for fire "  This is mental, real old movie about the days of Cave men ..not sure if TK got a small part in this, no words just grunts etc, but a good LOL movie.  On the live game / holidays , we are off this weekend to Malaga, taking in a 150 euro 2 day event at   Torrequebrada hotel , by the beach and a decent payout for the winner.     A couple of friends are going also , so should be fun, and i will get a bit of fishing done away from the tables also .  Perhaps a small buy in like this could be posting and trying to have a few sky players meet up   for a game in the sun ?     Run good, take care.
    Posted by glencoelad

Hey George

Thanks, I have no doubt I will get there with the smoking, it may just take several attempts. 

I don't think I have seen any of those movies but will definitely check a couple out. I am always stuck for movie ideas so this will help! One I haven't seen which I want to check out soon is Mullholland drive. I absolutely love LA and apart from being a good movie, this film is supposed to capture LA really well too. I would love to live there one day but property is so expensive unless you are happy to live in gang country. All being well I will get out to live in Vegas within the next 10 years and LA is an easy drive from there so could have lots of weekends away.

Good luck with the trip! Sounds like it could be a lot of fun. Poker, beaches and sun... Could do with some of that just now. If only I can snag a Vegas package somewhere :D Will probably head out anyway and play some cash games and small tourneys.

Great idea for a live meet up. The old site I played on used to meet up in Derby every November and it gave all the forum regs a chance to to meet up, have some fun, and play a few games without costing a fortune.

Good luck on the trip sir!
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Markycash diary - quitting smoking, doggy holidays and the pokers. : 15, not that anyone is counting. I might have to start playing again & put a stop to that nonsense.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks, I should never have mentioned it though! Apart from jinxing myself, bearace read the post and took a few marginal spots on to make sure he put an end to my shenanigans :D

Ah well, it was a £3.30 at least and have started a new sequences of wins (only at 2) but at least they were at £5.50 and £11 buy ins.

Really looking forward to getting a game when you feel like playing again Mr T. It feels like it has been so long, alough it hasn't really been that long. Will feel strange to duel of the virtual felt with you again :)
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Markycash diary - quitting smoking, doggy holidays and the pokers. : Try thinking about the money you could save. I quit smoking exactly 50 days ago, & assuming I smoked a pack a day, that means I am around £500 ahead already.    I'm doing it the hard way, too - cold turkey (no patches or 'owt) AND hard dieting at the same time. Quite a neat trick to accomplish those two. So come on Mr B, show your mettle & quit with the ciggies.
    Posted by Tikay10

Well done on the 50 days Mr T! That really is great and to do it without the aid of patches, e-cigs etc... Well, I know how difficult it is, countless failed attempts testify to that. And a healthy diet on top. You put my levels of self control to shame...

About the only positive I had was that when I ran out of smokes yesterday and was mid in a poker session... rather than get more, I waited about 6 hours until I was done playing. I did however run to the shop like Speedy Gonzalez afterwards for more. I don't usually manage to last that long unless I am sleeping so getting used to long spells without smokes may at least be a small step in the right direction.

Will you still allow yourself the sticky bun and latte indulgence in the future or are they a thing of the past too?
  • edited May 2017
    Surely you have plenty of armoury in your psychology toolkit to help you in your quest to quit?
    Posted by Phantom66
    Haha, good point!

I could go into great detail as to why I/people smoke (psychologically speaking). I could also offer some decent advice to those wanting to stop. Apart from the psychology toolkit I also done about 9 courses on addictions, oh the irony!

I guess saying stuff is one thing but actually doing it is another entirely.
  • edited May 2017
    Me and my good lady have decided to quit the cigs when our pack runs out later..This will save us at least £70 per week so we have decided to put £25 in each week and this time next year we will book a fab holiday for our kids..thats all the insipration i need so its gonna be hard but worth it in the long run..Bring on that turkey im not afraid..
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Markycash diary - quitting smoking, doggy holidays and the pokers. : Hey George Thanks, I have no doubt I will get there with the smoking, it may just take several attempts.  I don't think I have seen any of those movies but will definitely check a couple out. I am always stuck for movie ideas so this will help! One I haven't seen which I want to check out soon is Mullholland drive. I absolutely love LA and apart from being a good movie, this film is supposed to capture LA really well too. I would love to live there one day but property is so expensive unless you are happy to live in gang country. All being well I will get out to live in Vegas within the next 10 years and LA is an easy drive from there so could have lots of weekends away. Good luck with the trip! Sounds like it could be a lot of fun. Poker, beaches and sun... Could do with some of that just now. If only I can snag a Vegas package somewhere :D Will probably head out anyway and play some cash games and small tourneys. Great idea for a live meet up. The old site I played on used to meet up in Derby every November and it gave all the forum regs a chance to to meet up, have some fun, and play a few games without costing a fortune. Good luck on the trip sir!
    Posted by markycash
    No wonder the site went to the wall
    Obviously alll nutcases
  • edited May 2017
    I guess I will do a quick update while I am here...

Doggy day trips

Well this is postponed until Friday as my partner says she has too much studying to do. Weather looks great for Friday anyway and it gives me carte blanche to play another poker session today.

The pokers

Was so looking forward to those Mayhem freerolls, did not expect these to return this year due to the 'Vegas Giveaway' promo (I thought that was a replacement) so kudos Sky!

However, have ran pretty bad on days 1 & 2. Out after I 5 bet shoved JJ on day one and ran into JQs (I think we all know what happens in that spot). I really should listen more to Norman Chad! Day 2 I think I 3bet preflop with A8 and flop comes A8x with 2 diamonds. I bet big hoping opponent has Ax and they call and turn is a raggy diamond. Have to protect my hand here right? Also there are a fair amount of chips in the pot and, we are sort of committed, so it is just a shove and opponent shows 23dd...

At least there are 4 weeks to try and they are freerolls so no complaints :)

I did finish a massive £4 up on Sky yesterday, woot! Was $110 up between other sites though so not the worst.

Georges idea for a meet up

This could be a really good idea if people were interested. I gather the SPT live games used to be good but seem to have vanished? Maybe we could take it upon ourselves to arrange a meet up late in the year for an overnight and a little tourney at a local casino? Maybe somewhere in 'middle England' in late November so that there is the least amount of travelling for everyone collectively?

Fidget Spinners

I can't believe these are a real thing? I heard about them the other day and apparently they are the latest craze with young people. 
    Fidget Spinners. I am feeling really old, I just don't get the hype... Isn't that what poker chips are for?
  • edited May 2017
    The best of luck Kev! Really hope you can pull it off.

@Jac Yeah, I am not sure why they came up with Derby. I never did make any of those trips but they did all seem to have a brilliant time...