You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

larger freerolls

edited May 2016 in Poker Chat
I don't know about any of you proper regs on here but i know that this has been discussed over and over again and obviously been ignored by the powers that be

are you ever going to make it feasible to spend our loyalty points i currently have over 2000 and i'm not even a reg.

10pt freerolls which are rebuy tournaments (gotta be an idiot to get a rebuy in these tournaments min cash does not cover a rebuy) are absolutely ridiculous

can we please get some larger freerolls or a way to exchange loyalty points for cash

this would be an excellent way to get people to come back to your site

Comments

• edited May 2016
    On Saturday I played in a freeroll where a £3500 package to Vegas was 1st prize 
    32nd place paid £50

All this week for a small number of points you can play in a freeroll with a decent prize pool. Be successful in it and you can also win a Vegas package this way.

How much larger would you like the freerolls to be?
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to larger freerolls:
    I don't know about any of you proper regs on here but i know that this has been discussed over and over again and obviously been ignored by the powers that be are you ever going to make it feasible to spend our loyalty points i currently have over 2000 and i'm not even a reg. 10pt freerolls which are rebuy tournaments (gotta be an idiot to get a rebuy in these tournaments min cash does not cover a rebuy) are absolutely ridiculous can we please get some larger freerolls or a way to exchange loyalty points for cash this would be an excellent way to get people to come back to your site
    Posted by Haemophile
    You already get value for your points - you need to have them to enter most Freerolls, BUT they are not deducted from your running total, so your "bank" of them just continues to increase even though you have already used them.

The current Mayhem Freerolls offer is worth, if my memory is not mistaken, in the month of May, close to £50,000 (FIFTY THOUSAND POUNDS) of prizes. You do not pay to enter them, but you need to earn 25 points in each preceding 24 hours. Those 25 points you "pay" to enter are NOT deducted from your points total. 

The Mayhem Freerolls are HERE

I'd have thought £50,000 in a month was a tidy rewardd by any standards, on any site. In addition to those, there are daily Freerolls with Roller Seats or Vegas Satellite seats on offer, these probably come to £5,000 per week, or another £20,000 per month. There are also other sundry daily freerolls.

Most of these, of course, require points to enter - that is so that the loyal regulars who play here most get the most benefit.

Many players, of course, only play a very small amount, but also play a lot of Freerolls. I'm afraid there won't be much sympathy for those guys from the regulars here.  

• edited May 2016
    hey jac i can only see the 10pt freerolls on my screen i log in every couple of months to check back

and are these actual free freerolls or do you have to earn a certain amount of pts to be able to enter them if so then this is not an actual freeroll
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: larger freerolls:
    On Saturday I played in a freeroll where a £3500 package to Vegas was 1st prize  32nd place paid £50 All this week for a small number of points you can play in a freeroll with a decent prize pool. Be successful in it and you can also win a Vegas package this way. How much larger would you like the freerolls to be?
    Posted by Jac35
    We have a winner :)
  • edited May 2016
    Think the freerolls on SKY Poker are better than most sites. You get prizes worth winning and reasonable sized fields giving a decent chance of cashing. Most sites either have prizes not worth winning or fields that are so big that it takes hours not to cash.
  • edited May 2016

thankyou for your reply tikay i used to enjoy watching you on sky 861 but i'm not willing to pay for the sports package just to watch a little bit of poker nowadays.
    But a lot of players who only play a little bit still want to be able to try their luck for a reasonable ROI i have deposited on here a few times and personally think that a freeroll should be free without any sort of restriction like earning pts in the previous 24hrs
    These sort of freerolls are excellent for your regs but the little people who like me lose a lot don't always have money to play but would still be able to spend our loyalty points that i have earned by playing on this site at the moment this is completely unfeasible unless i make another deposit which at the moment i cannot afford that is also why i asked about transferring the loyaltypoints into cash (even if it was like tournament dollars so people cannot withdraw the money they exchange).

• edited May 2016
    hey jac i can only see the 10pt freerolls on my screen i log in every couple of months to check back and are these actual free freerolls or do you have to earn a certain amount of pts to be able to enter them if so then this is not an actual freeroll
    Posted by Haemophile
    You have to "earn points" to play most Sky Poker Freerolls.

What would be the point of offering them to players who do not earn points?
  • edited May 2016
    I cant help but agree with the OP, i mean i recently entered a FR and only won £3,500 worth of prizes, i then played the same FR 2 weeks later and won £200, and then 2 weeks after that another £50. yet im still sat with 87,752 poker points on my account, why cant we have 100 point Free rolls with 10k top prizes and the top 1000 people recieveing i dunno £100 each? absolute joke this site is. 

why cant i use those poker points to buy hoodies, poker sets, private jets?

until something is done about this i am boycotting all £110 main events.

• edited May 2016
    Think the freerolls on SKY Poker are better than most sites. You get prizes worth winning and reasonable sized fields giving a decent chance of cashing. Most sites either have prizes not worth winning or fields that are so big that it takes hours not to cash.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    yeah ice tiger i agree with what you are saying that on other sites the fields are so large that you can spend hours and not even earn a penny but a lot of other sites also run 50 euro freerolls regularly with no requirements to be able to enter

now i'm not bothered about getting things like that over here but i would like to be able to spend my loyalty points instead of them just building up and building up with no chance of ever using them
  • edited May 2016
    we should atleast be able to use them for Tikay bobbleheads for the car, as i have previously stated...
  • edited May 2016
    tikay this is because people might have earned points in the years and years that they have played on this site but now they cannot use them in an efficient manner

all of the people who have ever deposited on any site should be treated with the same courtesy that your regs are you shouldn't treat people differently.

i have been a member since 2012 but not a regular player anywhere i'm a sucker for bonus emails and thats usually what makes me go to a site and play for a bit

i have absolutely no problems depositing if i have the money but what is the point of loyalty here if you cannot spend your points
  • edited May 2016
    and i dont know about 100pt freerolls with 10k prizes but even just multiplying the amount so 100 pt freeroll with £200 pool instead of £20 would mean that cashing is more than worth it

at the moment with the 10pt freerolls you can min cash and that is NOT ENOUGH to play any real money tournament anywhere on your site
  • edited May 2016

OK, let's imagine that Sky Poker offer a, say, £5,000 Freeroll with no entry criteria.

How many players do you think it would get? 5,000? 10,000? Would they be Sky Poker regulars? Nope, freeloaders. Why would Sky Poker favour those guys over their loyal client base?

Your accrued points have NO VALUE if you don't use them as you earn them. Forget those you can see in your account, they are worthless.

Use them AS YOU EARN THEM & they then have a value.  
  • edited May 2016
    i'm not asking for a tournament like that i'm asking that you let your players spend their LOYALTY points

obviously their is NO POINT in being an irregular depositor or a bad player who just enjoys playing poker on here
  • edited May 2016

i'm saving stamps by sticking them in a book with a long planned purchase in mind.  not long now.  i will take my carrier bag full of completed books to the big store on the high street and exchange them for a car radio cassette player with two speakers that i can place on the rear parcel shelf of my austin montego 1.6GL.  if i have any books spare i can buy a pair of beige driving gloves with brown leather effect trim.

after this, i plan to cash in my sky poker points....

• edited May 2016
    i'm not asking for a tournament like that i'm asking that you let your players spend their LOYALTY points obviously their is NO POINT in being an irregular depositor or a bad player who just enjoys playing poker on here
    Posted by Haemophile
    They can - every day, of every week. Last week's are no good this week though.

• edited May 2016
    lol aussie you don't need to go to the high street webuybooks is online
  • edited May 2016
    This is one of the reasons I think sky need to look into the points system.

Sky has got some great freerolls, the top prize awards more cash than some micro MTTS. These freerolls deserve great credit. The problem is the site has changed the freerolls into a manner in which you'll be locked out until you earn a certain amount of points. That route of entry into the freerolls is fine but what is the point in having a points tally still sitting in our accounts when the only use is for freerolls which most would consider worthless.?

Why not have a store where you could exchange points like 10,000 for mini or 100,000 for  free entry into a £33 main event,  if not 350,000 for the super roller and  remove all the points from our account so that your not handing out masses of gifts at the beginning.
  • edited May 2016
    You say you're not a regular player yet you expect to get some sort of loyalty? You don't get (much) in life for free, so I'm not sure why you would expect Sky to give free oppertunities to people who don'g regularly play poker on their site.

25 poker points in 24 hours is really quite easy to make - and the best/cheapest/low risk of making these 25 points if you can't afford to be spending much money on poker is by playing DYM's (double your money's) - specifically turbo DYM's if you want to make your 25 points as quickly as possible, but regular DYM's work well. 5 games of £5.50 turbo DYM's will give you 25 points in no time. Or if £5.50 is too much on 1 game, you can play 10 £2.25 games or 25 £1.10 games. 

Even if you are a small losing player in these games and say on average lose will lose £2 over 10 games on average at the £2.25 level. That's £2 it costs you for some great entertainment. And then you get entry into a freeroll with a minimum expected value to you worth £2 (£5k freeroll/2500 (max number of players) = £2)) So basically, you are playing for free! What's not to like?
  • edited May 2016
    I think a Lot of the time people get confused with their points as their purpose differ from other sites.
    Let's look at one site that uses a points system, similar, point a £ in rake. You build them up and can then use them to buy into free roles, buy poker stuff or turn into real hard £££'s - sounds great, why would we all not play there? 
    Well, that all depends on your game preference and what you like to do? A lot of the free roles are 10'000 players and are simply "all in" Mtts where you just get email saying well done - or you get nothing and never hear anything. What do sky do? You get £5k free roles per week, normally 1,000 runners with 300 paid, added value for final 5 and get to play poker :)
    Yep change into cash - boom, all like free money on said site (loose a bit this way points do go as far) what do sky do? Earn 100 and get £2:30 token to use on any Dym, mtt etc. Again,  can play poker
    Now, here is the main "point" The other site exchanges the points you earned for free roles, mtt's and hoodies etc. So yeah can spend them. They have a time limit on them - don't use and just vanish :)
    Sky don't require you to use them - they reward you as you earn them, they unlock all sort of goodies and keep it current. They have value right now, earn 50 and boom, unlocks £5k+ free roles. Earn 100, boom opens up £2:30 mtt,500 - boom £5 for you and then rake back deals. Earn X points in 24 hours and boom - unlocks another promotion for free. Point being, you have earned the points and their value is used on promo freerole, daily freerole etc. Sky just don't take them away from balance - and why would they, they say you got to earn them, not spend them. There are various sites that plug free roles and then loads of people who never play the site or intend to clog up the free roles and value is gone for us every day / week players
    Personally - I think eventually sky will change the system so points banks are gone and just remains current for last month and this current week / month. I play approx 75 mtt's a month and same again HU, I would be miffed if I see someone who never plays anymore win a trip to Vegas for nothing and then never plays here again. Not a current customer. 
    There are weekly social free roles that all can enter without points needed. But a lot of that field is people I never see on the tables otherwise so.... Why would ANY business give free things to people and have no pay back? Makes no business sense.
    Don't look at the points as something that should be spent, look at them as a record of what you have earned and take note of all the great things you have all ready had by earning them.
  • edited May 2016
    The confusion here is that the opening poster thinks their points from a while back can be used to gain entry to something.They cant i believe.They are just basically a record of your activities.You need to be earning points during any given week to use them, in that week, or in 24hours prior to some special fr etc
  • edited May 2016
    Play 200 x £20 gtd freerolls, use up your 2000 points, do not rebuy.

Once you have done that play enough to earn access to the £1000 gtd freerolls that run every night at 7.30 (they also carry other bonuses up top), if you can push on to 100 points then you will also earn a £2.30 tournament ticket, both are great added value........AND you can still use them for those £20 gtd freerolls even though you have had value from them already.
  • edited May 2016
    you are right you don't get much for free but i have put my money in previously so its not free is it
  • edited May 2016
    Give me strength.
  • edited May 2016

and you can use your points to enter tourneys i'm just saying that these tourneys are not worth playing when a min cash does not earn you entry to anything not even a 30p sit and go all i am saying and all i have ever said is that the tourneys could be made a little larger by multiplying the amount of points required to enter and multiplying the prizepool by the same amount this would make absolutely no difference to skypoker whatsoever but would make a lot of players very happy so where is the downside

• edited May 2016
    Right, if you wanna play freerolls that require points to enter, then play some bloody poker. If you aren't in a position to deposit and play then save up some cash and come back to it later in the year.

Just because you played an MTT in 2013 doesn't mean you should suddenly be entitled to qualify for all the promotions and freerolls ongoing in 2016.

Dear me.
  • edited May 2016
    Give me strength.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Use the popeye remedy!
  • edited May 2016
    you are right you don't get much for free but i have put my money in previously so its not free is it
    Posted by Haemophile
    I bought a TV and stand from Curry's years ago. Don't recall getting any loyalty free stuff from them.
  • edited May 2016

at what point did i say that i wanted to use my points to enter promotional freerolls i am ONLY TALKING ABOUT THE 10pt FREEROLLS the amount of points required by these and the prizepools could all be increased

even if i have the time to play every 10pt freeroll that you have on this site (4 a day) then it will take me 2 months to get through my 2000 pts

i'm not a reg so i don't play every freeroll because personally i do not think they are worth the hassle and this is what i am going on about

i understand that the promo freerolls are for current and regular players and i would never assume that anyone should get a seat into one of these for free

• edited May 2016
    at what point did i say that i wanted to use my points to enter promotional freerolls i am ONLY TALKING ABOUT THE 10pt FREEROLLS the amount of points required by these and the prizepools could all be increased even if i have the time to play every 10pt freeroll that you have on this site (4 a day) then it will take me 2 months to get through my 2000 pts i'm not a reg so i don't play every freeroll because personally i do not think they are worth the hassle and this is what i am going on about i understand that the promo freerolls are for current and regular players and i would never assume that anyone should get a seat into one of these for free
    Posted by Haemophile
    Why should they? To help someone who only plays occasionally?

They are the basic level entry freeroll, followed by the weekly Rewards FR, then stuff for UKOPs and main events, with VLV at the top of the tree.

These are the freerolls on Sky. Don't like it, don't play here.