You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

larger freerolls

2»

Comments

• edited May 2016
    ok my next question do you play in the 10pt freerolls
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: larger freerolls:
    ok my next question do you play in the 10pt freerolls
    Posted by Haemophile
    If this is directed at me, then no.
  • edited May 2016
    would you play in them if the points and prizepools were multiplied by 5 or 10
  • edited May 2016
    thinking about it as well if you do not want to increase the size of the 10pt freerolls then why not introduce a steps style tournament where people can start off with a 10p  and work their way up to a £110 entry for a main event at least a min cash in a 10pt freeroll would give you an entry to one of these

the prizes for these would be tickets not cash
  • edited May 2016
    would you play in them if the points and prizepools were multiplied by 5 or 10
    Posted by Haemophile
    No.
  • edited May 2016
    Can I have free chocolate sprinkles and free chocolate sauce on my free ice cream please?

+1 on the Tikay bobbleheads for the car too!
  • edited May 2016
    well you must be a very successful poker player unlike most of us
  • edited May 2016
    Posted by Haemophile
    No.
  • edited May 2016
    Posted by Haemophile
    Just play free tables then
  • edited May 2016
    at what point did i say that i wanted to use my points to enter promotional freerolls i am ONLY TALKING ABOUT THE 10pt FREEROLLS the amount of points required by these and the prizepools could all be increased even if i have the time to play every 10pt freeroll that you have on this site (4 a day) then it will take me 2 months to get through my 2000 pts i'm not a reg so i don't play every freeroll because personally i do not think they are worth the hassle and this is what i am going on about i understand that the promo freerolls are for current and regular players and i would never assume that anyone should get a seat into one of these for free
    Posted by Haemophile
    A better idea just scrap these freerolls and use that cash towards additional seats in the 7pm MTT entry freeroll. how many other players in them freerolls will be above £0 after 761 MTTs?

promo freerolls for regs are the 7pm viva las vegas freeroll sat, the 7:30 1K freeroll and the mayhem freeroll. not them £20 guarentee turbo freeroll. want to spend the minimum do 25 30p turbo DYMs and you'll get 25 points
  • edited May 2016
    Here's an idea
    Just remove the total poker points from everyones Account page then there will nothing to see/moan about.
    All you need to see is the Rewards widget thingy for your weekly points.
  • edited May 2016
    Since the rewards scheme was changed a few years back you get rewards for your points without losing them.

There was/is a legitimate issue around people who had accumulated points under the previous scheme and could no longer use them.

Skypoker have offered to look into this before but I have never seen a definitive answer. One of the problems could be it is not possible for them to work out points balances at the time of the changeover.

Occasionally there are higher value freerolls as part of cross-site promotions (e.g. the Skybet H-T ones) and 3rd party tie-ups. You can look out for those.

You can qualify for the current Mayhem freerolls by staking as little as £7.50 by playing 25 30p DYMs and you should win a fair % of that back too.

• edited May 2016
    Here's an idea Just remove the total poker points from everyones Account page then there will nothing to see/moan about. All you need to see is the Rewards widget thingy for your weekly points.
    Posted by VespaPX

I was just about to say the same .. although there would be nothing to see I'm not sure about the "nothing to moan about" bit :-D

• edited May 2016
    i still like to gamble play money games are as pointless as playing a poker game on a console
  • edited May 2016
    not everbody is intrested in playing free-rolls. the old points system paying monthly was great i used to make £50/75 a month now you have to earn 400 points to get a fiver a week? the maths dosent add up. if yoy play dyms say £2.20 or £5.50 buyins you will have to spend £387  to qualify for a fiver,400 point ~£2.2 5 point a game  skys changed to the weekly system to save themselves a lot of rake back. unles your a big time priority player like timmy rara tommy d or jac whcan multitable £22/£3/0£55 games  ou would never earn enough points the only wayto dho it is to multii tble between 6/12 games at a time which is a lot of expence to most players why bother playng  a free roll for a couple of hours with hundreds or even thousand players to cash for a couple of quid

• edited May 2016
    i played one of thos 10 point free rolls yesterday and finished second won £1.27 whoo
  • edited May 2016
    i played one of thos 10 point free rolls yesterday and finished second won £1.27 whoo
    Posted by Gaz680
    Did you hit a full house along the way
  • edited May 2016
    not everbody is intrested in p laying free-rolls. the old points system paying monthly was great i used to make £50/75 a month now you have to earn 400 points to get a fiver a week? the maths dosent add up. if yoy play dyms say £2.20 or £5.50 buyins you will have to spend £387  to qualify for a fiver,400 point ~£2.2 5 point a game  skys changed to the weekly system to save themselves a lot of rake back. unles your a big time priority player like timmy rara tommy d or jac whcan multitable £22/£3/0£55 games  ou would never earn enough points the only wayto dho it is to multii tble between 6/12 games at a time which is a lot of expence to most players why bother playng  a free roll for a couple of hours with hundreds or even thousand players to cash for a couple of quid  
    Posted by Gaz680
    lol wp
  • edited May 2016
    not everbody is intrested in p laying free-rolls. the old points system paying monthly was great i used to make £50/75 a month now you have to earn 400 points to get a fiver a week? the maths dosent add up. if yoy play dyms say £2.20 or £5.50 buyins you will have to spend £387  to qualify for a fiver,400 point ~£2.2 5 point a game  skys changed to the weekly system to save themselves a lot of rake back. unles your a big time priority player like timmy rara tommy d or jac whcan multitable £22/£3/0£55 games  ou would never earn enough points the only wayto dho it is to multii tble between 6/12 games at a time which is a lot of expence to most players why bother playng  a free roll for a couple of hours with hundreds or even thousand players to cash for a couple of quid  
    Posted by Gaz680
    I am fairly sure the new system is worse off for the big time players you mention. 
  • edited May 2016
    Posted by Gaz680
    Is INCORRECT.

The new Rewards System started June 1st 2015.

£ for £, Sky Poker don't pay any less or any more than under the old system.

However, the way the money was distributed was changed, & then paid weekly.

It's been very successful - more players played here, & played here longer than under the old system. It is the Rewards System that has enabled Sky Poker to have their busiest ever year, & continue their growth in a flat market.

People get rewarded for playing more frequently, with better & bigger Freerolls, & as a result, The Business does well out of it, too.

• edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: larger freerolls : I am fairly sure the new system is worse off for the big time players you mention. 
    Posted by MattBates
    That is probably correct, Mr B - the money is weighted more towards the recreational "smallball" players now, though I believe the Prio payments are quite good. 
  • edited May 2016
    Posted by Gaz680

If you made that much under the old system, then you would make the same in the new system, only difference would be it is paid to you weekly, add in the new nightly freerolls and you are better off.
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: larger freerolls : If you made that much under the old system, then you would make the same in the new system, only difference would be it is paid to you weekly, add in the new nightly freerolls and you are better off.
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    I may be wrong, but he italicised much of it in his Post, so I assumed he was quoting someone else.
  • edited May 2016
    FGS Get a Grip. So what a 10pt freeroll doesn't have a lot of cash to play for. If you win say 1.30 you can spin it up, yes will take some time but it can be done. What do you want for nothing.
  • edited May 2016
    FGS Get a Grip. So what a 10pt freeroll doesn't have a lot of cash to play for. If you win say 1.30 you can spin it up, yes will take some time but it can be done. What do you want for nothing.
    Posted by Darkangel7
    This man is clearly in dire straits, so i am guessing money for nothing and chicks for free...
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: larger freerolls : This man is clearly in dire straits, so i am guessing money for nothing and chicks for free...
    Posted by Essexphil
    lol deffo say Chips though not chicks ;)
  • edited May 2016
    alot of people still play the 10pt freerolls as poker is poker i suppose, if no when i lose my bankroll ill prob play them but they are pretty pointless for 99% of players imo. 

poker points issue is a completly diff thread. but im prettty sure 1 day we get to spend the thousands on something usefull. i remember vegas sats with them a very long time ago.

if it was me id do a 1k poker points with 1k pp rebuy with winner getting a seat into some vegas semi or something just to shut everyone up.

• edited May 2016
    poker points issue is a completly diff thread. but im prettty sure 1 day we get to spend the thousands on something usefull. i remember vegas sats with them a very long time ago.

if it was me id do a 1k poker points with 1k pp rebuy with winner getting a seat into some vegas semi or something just to shut everyone up.

this or just delete them most think those thousands of points on their account have a value when they really have expired (or already been rewarded } and are just a worthless history of points u have earned on sky