You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£11 Head Hunter MTT - 7pm nightly.

edited May 2016 in Poker Chat

As a trial, an £11 Head Hunter MTT has been added to the schedule in the currently vacant 7pm slot.

Various formats have been tried in this slot, & none have been greatly successful, but as many players have noted, there does need to be something in that 7pm slot.

Whether it remains in the schedule will depend on take up, if it's popular, it will stay, if not, it won't.

It starts tonight, & the Lobby is HERE

Comments

• edited May 2016
    Nice 1! Quick work Tikay...

May I suggest if this one doesn't work out that we try some real poker for the 7pm slot and have an £50k GTD PLO8 :) (I won't hold my breath on this one lol)
  • edited May 2016
    I feel this is a really bad time slot for a game where people wont want to late reg. 
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: £11 Head Hunter MTT - 7pm nightly.:
    [QUOTE]Nice 1! Quick work Tikay... May I suggest if this one doesn't work out that we try some real poker for the 7pm slot and have an £50k GTD PLO8 :) (I won't hold my breath on this one lol)
    Posted by markycash

We can thank James, in the Office, for that.
  • edited May 2016

Really disappointing introducing a game that will receive very low numbers with no guarantee in a crucial time slot.

At this time on most other sites there are numerous MTTs to chose from, Sky is defo missing a trick here.

• edited May 2016
    I feel this is a really bad time slot for a game where people wont want to late reg. 
    Posted by MattBates
    Maybe. There is currently a Head Hunter at 22.05, which does not exactly set the world on fire, think it gets around 35 runners, so it's not easy to find an ideal time.

Anyway, if it does not get runners, it'll be cancelled, & they will find something else for the 7pm slot.

It's a bad time of year, too, so there are no easy solutions.

• edited May 2016
    Really disappointing introducing a game that will receive very low numbers with no guarantee in a crucial time slot.  
    Posted by LARSON7
    Ha, one player says "Nice 1", another says "really disappointing". Sky Poker's shoes can be very uncomfy sometimes.  

How exactly would a Guarantee work in a Head Hunter?

Anyway, no matter, as I said, if it's not popular, it'll be scrapped.

Please bear in mind there was a decent Freezeout at 7pm, but it could not hit it's Guarantee.

So, after several suggestions to make it a Rebuy, a Rebuy was introduced in its place. Rinse repeat, it did not hit it's Guarantee.

Today, someone suggested a Head Hunter Main (which is impractical), so one was slotted into that vacant 7pm slot as an experiment.

As always, Sky Poker will welcome any constructive proposals. It's not quite as easy as you may think, though, as this time slot has repeatedly shown recently.  
  • edited May 2016
    I think its a bad idea, is there that much call for a headhunter tournament? i reckon there was more call for a freezeout than there was for this, and if the freezeout still bombed then I imagine this will go the same way.

I personally still think we should have a 5/11 rebuy BH 
  • edited May 2016
    Nice to see! will definitely play tonight!
  • edited May 2016
    https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a57795ac2-1793-4377-b4cf-e124b0f555f4Forum%3adf77f82c-151f-4bea-aae1-fb423dcae1faDiscussion%3a4f1a9833-165b-474f-b556-003a73e30ccd

Solid feedback to help SP, which has received 0 response from Sky.

There has been a lot of negative decisions made by Sky in relation to MTTs eg making the 7:45 a speed event.

Even if the 7pm was a loss leader, it keeps traffic on the site, as it was under the previous 1 addon, or rebuy structure.
  • edited May 2016
    I think its a bad idea, is there that much call for a headhunter tournament? i reckon there was more call for a freezeout than there was for this, and if the freezeout still bombed then I imagine this will go the same way. I personally still think we should have a 5/11 rebuy BH 
    Posted by jordz16
    I've really no idea Jordz. One was suggested, so I sent the idea upstairs, & Sky Poker said they'd try it in a slot that was currently vacant.

If it bombs, it bombs, & they withdraw it, & put something else in it's place. 

Maybe next up they will try your suggestion of a £5/£11 BH Rebuy. And I can personally Guarantee someone will come on the thread & say "Sky Poker has too many BH's".... 

There's nothing wrong with trying & failing. This is not something that is cast in stone, as I have tried to emphasise.
  • edited May 2016
    Nice to see! will definitely play tonight!
    Posted by chiggypig
    ...and there you have it, Jack Spratt & his missus.
  • edited May 2016
    https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a57795ac2-1793-4377-b4cf-e124b0f555f4Forum%3adf77f82c-151f-4bea-aae1-fb423dcae1faDiscussion%3a4f1a9833-165b-474f-b556-003a73e30ccd Solid feedback to help SP, which has received 0 response from Sky. There has been a lot of negative decisions made by Sky in relation to MTTs eg making the 7:45 a speed event. Even if the 7pm was a loss leader, it keeps traffic on the site, as it was under the previous 1 addon, or rebuy structure.
    Posted by LARSON7
    Correct, no feedback from Sky Poker.

I might add you made that post at 3 minutes to midnight last night, I was working last night until Midnight, got to bed at 2am, & have been doing a variety of other bits & bobs today.

All reasonable posts get some sort of feedback, as you know, & I send them all Upstairs. I think we have to be reasonable, though. Note nobody else weighed in with support for that Post - where possible, I like to let these threads "breathe" a little before sending then Upstairs.

I will send it up to the Office in due course. 

By "a lot of negative decisions", I assume you mean negative in your opinion? 

• edited May 2016

What do all the most popular and successful NLHE tournaments live and online have in common?

From the big $11 to the Sunday Million, the SPT to the WSOP main, and everything inbetween and beyond.

Structures? No.

Buy in? No.

Speed? No

Number of players per table? No.

Format? No

Blinds & ANTES?  Bazinga. 

Why do the people calling the shots on here refuse to give antes a go, even if it's as a variation at first. 

If it fails, like every other experiment before it, it fails. No harm done, think of another crazy idea and try that. 

time 

!!!

• edited May 2016
    What do all the most popular and successful NLHE tournaments live and online have in common? From the big $11 to the Sunday Million, the SPT to the WSOP main, and everything inbetween and beyond. Structures? No. Buy in? No. Speed? No Number of players per table? No. Format? No Blinds & ANTES?  Bazinga.  Why do the people calling the shots on here refuse to give antes a go, even if it's as a variation at first.  If it fails, like every other experiment before it, it fails. No harm done, think of another crazy idea and try that.  1 time  !!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    +1 to this i dont see what the harm would be in making the 7pm tourny a standrard freezeout tourny, £1k gtd £11 buy in. but with antes just to see how it goes :)
  • edited May 2016
    I think its a bad idea, is there that much call for a headhunter tournament? 
    Posted by jordz16
    Bounty hunters pretty much always get more runners than freezeouts, I think it's quite likely one of these could get a decent field
  • edited May 2016

Hi guys. I can assure you that this is not going to be the main tournament at 7pm in the future. It is merely a trial to see how a head hunter does at an earlier time. You CANNOT have a guarantee on a head hunter so it is unlikely to attract a big field.

We are currently working on revamping the entire MTT schedule so this slot will be filled. It might be a nightly rebuy or a freezeout etc but if a tournament continues to overlay by a considerable amount of money every day I'm sure you can understand we will make changes/remove it from the schedule. Please continue to make suggestions on the forum as we read them all. Thanks

• edited May 2016
    wouldnt mind seeing a 9/10 seater torn with a decent guarentee at a early time like 7 or 8pm

defo would like to see ante brought in aswell
  • edited May 2016
    You CANNOT have a guarantee on a head hunter so it is unlikely to attract a big field. 
    Posted by Sky__James
    I don't see any real reason why not? If people see a £11 game with a guarantee of £500 they know they can expect 50 runners, I avoid the games with less runners, simply knowing that there are likely to be more runners would entice more players?

A big allure of progressive bounty hunters is that towards the end there are some juicy head prizes, this is not possible in a small field, a decent field is paramount to success, why do you say a guarantee can't happen?
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: £11 Head Hunter MTT - 7pm nightly. : I don't see any real reason why not? If people see a £11 game with a guarantee of £500 they know they can expect 50 runners, I avoid the games with less runners, simply knowing that there are likely to be more runners would entice more players? A big allure of progressive bounty hunters is that towards the end there are some juicy head prizes, this is not possible in a small field, a decent field is paramount to success, why do you say a guarantee can't happen?
    Posted by chiggypig

if it misses the guarantee how would the overlay be paid out?
  • edited May 2016

The problem for the 'troubled 7pm MTT slot' is not people only play bounty hunters, it's not the lack of a guarantee and it's not even a lack of antes (although I am in favour of their introduction, but that's a well worn path to be trod on another day).  It's the same problem much of the MTT schedule has.  Awareness.

Something which needed to be done even while the 24 hour TV channel was running but is absolutely critical now is a way to tell each and every person on logging in what they might be interested in.  Some suggestions:

1)  Some sort of splash page on logging into the client.  A pop up to tell you the latest promotions, an actual home page in the client where you begin with all the latest news.  Even better would be a 'My News' or 'My Favourites' page where the recent activity of the user would directly influence the suggested games they might wish to play.  Everyone's history and activity is right there, all you have to do is utilize it.  Someone logs in who generally only plays 4 or so MTTs in a night, the template for them pops up with suggested tournaments, news and changes which might interest them.  A cash player logs in, there's a page with the latest cash promos.  All can have panels which are universal for whatever SkyPoker wishes to push at that moment.

2)  The lobby is very cluttered, the filters are blocky and not 100% reliable and at times the yellow highlight has so many in it that all you can see are those and whatever is in late reg.  People are, in general, lazy.  People are less inclined to scroll down and search through a cluttered lobby for games, also for things like sats and non-GTD MTTs people are much less likely to join if there's hardly anyone in there, so it all knocks on as an effect.  All lobbies, filters and search functions are in dire need of an overhaul.

3)  I kind of touched on this in (1) but I would also have a favourites page available in the client.  Past MTTs, the most popular MTT or SnG you have played.  Alongside this I would put suggestions, it would really help communication.

A fraction of the SkyPoker users come to this forum.  SkyPoker used to have a 24 hour advertising channel constantly running a ticker letting people know what was coming up at all times.  Now obviously that channel wasn't hitting any Prime Time ratings numbers, but it was there to be stumbled upon and for its purpose was a high quality product.  That doesn't exist now, and that fact and resulting shortfall of marketing has never been addressed in the slightest.

Just my opinion, you can see examples of all three of my suggestions if you open nearly every other poker client available.  Begin 'next door' for inspiration if needed.

• edited May 2016

my vote would be a Speed Bounty Hunter £15.75 buy-in and with a deliberately short late registration period of 30 minutes.

• edited May 2016
    Oh one last thing, I hope this new MTT proves popular, actually looks like fun :)
  • edited May 2016
    The problem for the 'troubled 7pm MTT slot' is not people only play bounty hunters, it's not the lack of a guarantee and it's not even a lack of antes (although I am in favour of their introduction, but that's a well worn path to be trod on another day).  It's the same problem much of the MTT schedule has.  Awareness. Something which needed to be done even while the 24 hour TV channel was running but is absolutely critical now is a way to tell each and every person on logging in what they might be interested in.  Some suggestions: 1)  Some sort of splash page on logging into the client.  A pop up to tell you the latest promotions, an actual home page in the client where you begin with all the latest news.  Even better would be a 'My News' or 'My Favourites' page where the recent activity of the user would directly influence the suggested games they might wish to play.  Everyone's history and activity is right there, all you have to do is utilize it.  Someone logs in who generally only plays 4 or so MTTs in a night, the template for them pops up with suggested tournaments, news and changes which might interest them.  A cash player logs in, there's a page with the latest cash promos.  All can have panels which are universal for whatever SkyPoker wishes to push at that moment. 2)  The lobby is very cluttered, the filters are blocky and not 100% reliable and at times the yellow highlight has so many in it that all you can see are those and whatever is in late reg.  People are, in general, lazy.  People are less inclined to scroll down and search through a cluttered lobby for games, also for things like sats and non-GTD MTTs people are much less likely to join if there's hardly anyone in there, so it all knocks on as an effect.  All lobbies, filters and search functions are in dire need of an overhaul. 3)  I kind of touched on this in (1) but I would also have a favourites page available in the client.  Past MTTs, the most popular MTT or SnG you have played.  Alongside this I would put suggestions, it would really help communication. A fraction of the SkyPoker users come to this forum.  SkyPoker used to have a 24 hour advertising channel constantly running a ticker letting people know what was coming up at all times.  Now obviously that channel wasn't hitting any Prime Time ratings numbers, but it was there to be stumbled upon and for its purpose was a high quality product.  That doesn't exist now, and that fact and resulting shortfall of marketing has never been addressed in the slightest. Just my opinion, you can see examples of all three of my suggestions if you open nearly every other poker client available.  Begin 'next door' for inspiration if needed.
    Posted by TommyD

this would be a great addition imo, most mtt/sng players reg the same games each day so would be great to have them all in one place.

• edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: £11 Head Hunter MTT - 7pm nightly. : if it misses the guarantee how would the overlay be paid out?
    Posted by jordz16
    Something fun like a lottery, I dunno, I just know that when I see a tourney with a guarantee I am so much more likely to play it
  • edited May 2016
    my vote would be a Speed Bounty Hunter £15.75 buy-in and with a deliberately short late registration period of 30 minutes.  
    Posted by aussie09
    just had an idea... what about a Early Late Jackpot?

7pm     Speed Bounty Hunter £15.75
    10pm    Speed Bounty Hunter £15.75

Bonus for winning both £1,000 or Final Table both £100.

Attract people early (esp with 30 min late reg) and keep people until late.

• edited May 2016
    The sheer popularity of bounty hunters mean it's going to be very difficult to divert players away onto other games. Rather than creating totally different types of game why not create a selection of bounty hunters with a slightly different structure to the standard game.

deep stack and rebuy bounty hunters would be a good spot to start, now the MTT will get a combination of those who play for the interest of getting heads and will allow greater guarentees for those who prefer deepstacks. I do imagine these will go on for longer but that problem would be easily solved from the introduction of antes.
  • edited May 2016
    I suspect the 7-0'clock has not done well because it has been similar to other tournies that are running later. So the ones who are not multi tablers don't play it as it will still be running and clashing with others they wish to play. The multi tablers don't bother rushing to play it as there are plenty of otheres they can play and 7- O'clock might be a bit early for some.
    I like the idea of trying something new for this timeslot in an attempt to generate interest, but as an alternative suggestion what about a hyper tournament at this time of say 3min blinds. You could still enter the later tournaments without the clash, you could get a game of poker in before watching the tv, have about 4 levels of late reg, and those hanging about waiting could drop in and give it a go to ease the boredom.
  • edited May 2016
    Reading these posts some of them mention antes I am not sure what purpose these would serve is it just to speed things up and make larger pots if this is the case would that not encourage late registration especially in bounty hunters when people would know there is going to be more players sitting with less chips 
  • edited May 2016
    Reading these posts some of them mention antes I am not sure what purpose these would serve is it just to speed things up and make larger pots if this is the case would that not encourage late registration especially in bounty hunters when people would know there is going to be more players sitting with less chips 
    Posted by weecheez1
    Ates do help speed up an MTT but also has the purepose of reducing the number of instant folding and giving the short stacks less time to wait for a decent hand. You should already be expecting tables with shorter stacks when you late register an MTT. Antes themselves are still tiny in comparison to your starting stack size, its in the later stages that these reallly have an effect on somes stack.
  • edited May 2016
    wouldnt mind seeing a 9/10 seater torn with a decent guarentee at a early time like 7 or 8pm defo would like to see ante brought in aswell
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    Dont post much on the community but play on sky alot and would love to see this. The jackpot freeroll on sky runs frequently and uses this format and its enjoyable! not antes tho. Also only play low stakes but aussie09s idea of 15.75 BH sounds good as i like to venture onto the 11 pound ones but 22 pound seems a stretch. Thanks