You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

WSOP Main Event Day 1B Live Update - Lyonsbob, DustoLucko & Mattprawn

Comments

• edited July 2016
    The very best of luck to you all and have a great time.

Nannypat66
  • edited July 2016
    GL to all the sky boys, would love to see you all do well. Will keep checking this eagerly to see how your all going
  • edited July 2016

With 20 minutes to go before the 90 minute dinner break (starts at 18.05 Vegas, 0205 UK) here are the scores on the doors.....

Lyonsbob = 7,000

DustoLucko = 30,000

Mattprawn = 42,000

Don't worry over much about Bob with his 7,000 - blinds are currently only 150-300 (RA25) going to 200-400 (RA 50) after the dinner break.

I've known players go very deep in these things when they never had above 20 Bigs after Level 3.
  • edited July 2016
    It only takes one double up. :)
  • edited July 2016
    Tikay has gone to the gym, I think it's back and triceps day.

I bumped into Lyonsbob in the corridor who lost the majority of his stack with KK v K9. Michael was continuing on a 9 3 3 flop and the K9 eventually rivers the backdoor flush.

Like Tikay said, still plenty of time to spin that back up.
  • edited July 2016
    Thanks for the good wishes all. Whatever happens in these next two sessions I have had a blast
     Fingers crossed for a decent session, just two to play before close of day

• edited July 2016
    The players are back from dinner and not much has changed.

Tikay meanwhile has finished his gym session and is having a post work out protein shake. 
  • edited July 2016
    Good news.....

Lyonsbob has doubled. This time KK was kind to him and he got the full double.

12k and a whole 30 bigs now. Cruising Ish.
  • edited July 2016

8.25pm here, & there remains 1 hour of Level 4, a 20 minute break, & then 1 more 2 hour level before play for Day 1b concludes.

I left Sam in charge of updating our boys chip counts, & I note he has yet to put up any, so I'll go get them shortly. 

Matt, Bob & Lucko should think themselves lucky, every time Sam saw me playing a tournament, I busted out shortly after, he's the biggest bok in bokville, so at least all three survived Sam being in charge.   

• edited July 2016

MAN OVERBOARD ALERT

Holding A-K on a flop of A-K-10, Mattprawn is eliminated by villain holding 10-10.

A horrible one that, the technical term is ungetoffable.

Must say, Matt was a credit to Sky Poker, and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. And THAT is the whole idea.

Well done Matt, come back next year & run better, eh? 

• edited July 2016

Lyonsbob is not having much luck, having doubled earlier, he is now back down to 8,000. Blinds are currently 200-400 (RA 50), so it's still 20 Bigs. The next level, due in 5 minutes (+ the 20 minute break) sees Blinds go up to 250-500 (RA 75), so still 16 Bigs or so.

Keep the faith.

• edited July 2016

Meanwhile, the SILVER area, in Brasilia, where Dusto was residing, is completely empty, & all tables in that area have broken to the Amazon Room.

So I'm off to the Amazon Room to try & find Dusto amongst well over 1,000 players. Good luck me.....

• edited July 2016
    Thank you Tikay

Really enjoyed the experience and sorry not to have made at least day 2.  I promised myself that I would play my "normal"game and give myself every chance to do well - not sure I could have got away from the exit hand with that in mind.

Battled hard all day without ever really getting that bit off buffer to help me relax.  Still it's been great and I'll keep my fingers crossed that the guys run well.

Best

Matt
  • edited July 2016
    Still plenty of fun to be had this week Matt. See you tomorrow.
  • edited July 2016
    Bad luck Matt, with a hand that all of us would have gone with.

• edited July 2016

I ventured across the corridor from the Media Centre into the Amazon Room just as the players went on break. My chances of finding Dusto were even less now.

I had barely taken a step into the cavernous Amazon Room, fighting against the tide of players leaving the room to fetch a drink, or attend to the needs of nature, when I felt a tap on the shoulder - it was Dusto. How good do I run?

He is now Amazon, Purple 430.

Chip count? 37,000, & going along nice & steady. He thinks this is a "better" (as in weaker) table, too.

• edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: WSOP Main Event Day 1B Live Update - Lyonsbob, DustoLucko & Mattprawn:
    Thank you Tikay Really enjoyed the experience and sorry not to have made at least day 2.  I promised myself that I would play my "normal"game and give myself every chance to do well - not sure I could have got away from the exit hand with that in mind. Battled hard all day without ever really getting that bit off buffer to help me relax.  Still it's been great and I'll keep my fingers crossed that the guys run well. Best Matt
    Posted by mattprawn
    That's all that matters, Matt - that ticks all the Viva Las Vegas boxes. We just want our players to enjoy themselves.

Well done you.

• edited July 2016
    Playing poker in the WSOP, in Vegas. How many bucket lists is that on ?

• edited July 2016

Stu Rutter just popped in during the break - he has 11,000.

He's undecided how to proceed from here - press for the 2Xup tonight, & risk not making Day 2, or just be patient & await his spot.

I think he'll be fine. In the last level of the day, a lot of players "lock up" for the night, & there are plenty of soft chips on offer.

Stu has had 4 cashes already in the 2016 WSOP, all in different formats (H.O.R.S.E., Lowball, 8 handed NLH & PLO8), fingers crossed he can finish in style with a big one.  

• edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: WSOP Main Event Day 1B Live Update - Lyonsbob, DustoLucko & Mattprawn:
    The players are back from dinner and not much has changed. Tikay meanwhile has finished his gym session and is having a post work out protein shake. 
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    Make sure you warm down Tikay. Don't want you cramping (Neil's style) on day c.
  • edited July 2016
    Playing poker in the WSOP, in Vegas. How many bucket lists is that on ?
    Posted by Benchmark
    I'd say 95% of all poker players would love to play a WSOP event in Las Vegas.

I've been here since the beginning of June, played poker in 5 or 6 different rooms all over town, been over to the California Coast with Gill, been on the Amtrak Pacific Surfliner, eaten giant burgers every day & had more Starbucks than I have in the rest of the year, but playing 3 WSOP events was the absolute highlight.

It's the greatest thing in poker.  
  • edited July 2016
    Thank you Tikay Really enjoyed the experience and sorry not to have made at least day 2.  I promised myself that I would play my "normal"game and give myself every chance to do well - not sure I could have got away from the exit hand with that in mind. Battled hard all day without ever really getting that bit off buffer to help me relax.  Still it's been great and I'll keep my fingers crossed that the guys run well. Best Matt
    Posted by mattprawn
    Good game Matt and unlucky. Fair play for sticking to your normal game and great that you enjoyed the experience.
  • edited July 2016

Dusto is sitting quietly with some 25,000. It does not sound much, but really, it's plenty, & he has no need to worry - it's 50 Bigs. If he returns on Day 2 with 30 Bigs +, that's more than enough.

Not so good for Lyonsbob, who has struggled to find material all day - he has around 6,000.

He might find inspiration from Stu Rutter, who has just doubled up.   
  • edited July 2016

I hour of play left today.

All spectators & media have to leave the cardrooms 15 or 20 minutes before play ends, so I'll try & get chip counts with around 30 minutes play left, & then that'll be it from me tonight.

Once I've posted those chip counts, I'll pack up my gear & try & beat the rush of over 1,000 people up the Rio Corridor, all heading for the burger bar or sandwich shops.

I'm due to meet Dan in the Media Centre at 0800 tomorrow morning, & we have a busy day in prospect. First, the Daily Video Update (which needs an hour or so of research) , then Mr Ambo is playing the Main Event, so we want to follow him closely, & we have interviews lined up with Danny Negreanu & Miss Boeree. We always try & get a few sports celebs on Day 1c, too - in previous years we have got the likes of Shane Warne & Teddy Sheringham.

Then, in the evening, there is the players Welcome Party for the Droplet package. I can't be there for long, as I have stuff to do here, but I'll deffo pop across & try to say hi to everyone.     
  • edited July 2016

Meanwhile, it is 11pm, & the Media Centre is near deserted. Lightweights, the lot of them. ;)

We had another arrival today, too - Sky Liz, aka Princess Prio, arrived on the BA flight from Heathrow. Sky Poker really do go the extra mile to look after their Prio players.   

• edited July 2016

ANOTHER MAN OVERBOARD ALERT

Lyonsbob's seat is now occupied by a portly lady in her mid fifties. My eyes are not great, but I fear it is probably not Lyonsbob.
  • edited July 2016

ANOTHER ANOTHER MAN OVERBOARD ALERT

Dusto's seat is now occupied by Mr Not Dusto.

A kindly British chap - in fact the man who busted Dusto - explained the coup.

Dusto, A-K, Other British Chap J-J (standard stuff).

Flop K-x-J. 

Ugh, a real bruiser that.  
  • edited July 2016

So that's it from us for today, but we'll be back for Day 1C.

Night all.

• edited July 2016
    Unlucky to Matt and the other Sky players that have busted just to be there what an experience I'm jealous of you all.