You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

WSOP Main Event today - the biggest poker day of the year.

13»

Comments

• edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: WSOP Main Event today - the biggest poker day of the year.:
    Update on Tim hacking be nice a local Manchester player. Also see any sky players later
    Posted by rspca12
    They are on break right now, but if you know his table & seat number, I'll get his chip count after the dinner break.

You be at the Welcome Party tonight?

• edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: WSOP Main Event today - the biggest poker day of the year. : They are on break right now, but if you know his table & seat number, I'll get his chip count after the dinner break. You be at the Welcome Party tonight?  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yes pal il be there don't no Tim table/seat but he his a vvgdplayer if can't find him no probs.
  • edited July 2016
    There is a Tim Hickling listed from Manchester doing v nicely on 135,000 chips. 

Typo or just 2 similar names from manchester?
  • edited July 2016
    There is a Tim Hickling listed from Manchester doing v nicely on 135,000 chips.  Typo or just 2 similar names from manchester?
    Posted by Phantom66
    Same guy ty sir I blame the bud light for mis spealing. 

• edited July 2016

^^^^^

There are about 3,000 players here, spread across 3 different rooms, so I've got no chance unless I have a table & seat number guys.

• edited July 2016

Be aware that the Site will be closing for a site outage between 5am & 6am this morning.

I genuinely have no idea if this will include the Forum, but I'll be here until end of play, & will get caught up on any news about Mr Ambo & others if the site does get bannered.
  • edited July 2016
    Be aware that the Site will be closing for a site outage between 5am & 6am this morning. I genuinely have no idea if this will include the Forum, but I'll be here until end of play, & will get caught up on any news about Mr Ambo & others if the site does get bannered.
    Posted by Tikay10

Tk u at welcome party tonight 
  • edited July 2016

Yes Chris, just on my way across now.

Gotta leave at 9pm though, as we have an interview to do at 9.25.  

• edited July 2016

Morning all.

The site outage is complete, so we are back.

Latest news on Mr Ambo is that he has around 70,000 chips (blinds currently 250-500/75) with just over an hour of play remaining in Day 1C.

Given his street savvy in these sort of things, be a major surprise if he does not return on Day 2C (Wednesday) with a very playable stack.

• edited July 2016

Away from the tables, today has been quite a day for Dan & myself.

We did the Daily Video Update this morning, & were scheduled to do two interviews later, but for various reasons it was not possible to do either. The plan now is to do them when play finishes tonight ((midnight) or tomorrow. 

Still, we managed to get a couple of interviews in the bag - Roland de Wolfe, & Shane Warne.

We got Roland at the start of the dinner break, & Shane at the very end, which was around 7.30pm.

Then we dashed across to Palazzo to meet most of the players, we got there at about 7.45, & spent an hour chatting to most of them. The craic was great, everyone was revved up, & I even remember the names of most of them. (I'm terrible with names).

Liz - Prio Liz - was there, & looked very nice indeed in a beautiful silk dress, & was working hard looking after everyone. She is a credit to Sky Poker.

Mark  - from Marketing - was there, too, looking very well turned out in a Ralph Lauren silk shirt & designer jeans, & he was working very hard too. Another absolute credit to The Business.

Sky Sam was there.

We had to depart at 9pm to dash back to interview the ex Liverpool footballer John Arne Riise, who we had agreed to interview after Level 4 ended. We arrived with 3 minutes to spare after dashing up I-15 from Palazzo to The Rio, so that worked out OK - just about.

We are now waiting to see if we can get an interview with Danny N after play ends at midnight. We might have to swerve it tonight tough, as he is short stacked & not exactly beaming from ear to ear, understandably.

I'll not be sad when we are done tonight, I'm whacked.         

• edited July 2016

Looks like we have at least one player playing the $1,111 Droplet tomorrow, so we'll follow him through the day.
  • edited July 2016

One piece of bad & sad news is that Markycash & his Dad both somehow lost or mislaid their passports somewhere between McCarron Airport & Palazzo, probably left them in the Taxi.

Right now, they are phoning around, trying to see if they have been handed in.

This is too sad & annoying for words. Apart from the hassle of getting home, Mark needs his Passport to buy in for the Droplet (or we think he does), so it's all a bit of a headache. His Dad is a smashing bloke, as is Mark.

Fingers crossed the WSOP people will accept his Driving Licence as ID. No idea how they will resolve getting home without their Passports, that's gonna be a right pain to sort.   

• edited July 2016
    Good luck to all the Sky players playing today/ tomorrow. Got to meet a lot of them tonight and they seem like a cracking bunch!

I read the wsop guidelines and it looks like my drivers license should be okay.

Will see if the passports turn up, if not will get it sorted somehow.

Great updates as usual! Hopefully see you over at the Rio and some point tomorrow.
  • edited July 2016

Mr Ambo is still sitting reasonably comfy with around 60 - 70,000.

That's me about done for tonight, been a longgggg day here.

I'll be back in the morning, fresh as a daisy.

Night all.

• edited July 2016
    I lost my passport in Vegas a few years back - left it at hotel !!!

Virgin spoke to UK Immigration and I managed to get on the plane with a piece of paper saying "Inspector Jones says let him on the plane"

Arrived in UK to get through UK Immigration with a Barclaycard and an english accent !!! Thats was 20 years ago, dont think it will be that easy nowadays!!

Good luck Marky 
  • edited July 2016
    Away from the tables, today has been quite a day for Dan & myself. We did the Daily Video Update this morning, & were scheduled to do two interviews later, but for various reasons it was not possible to do either. The plan now is to do them when play finishes tonight ((midnight) or tomorrow.  Still, we managed to get a couple of interviews in the bag - Roland de Wolfe, & Shane Warne.   We got Roland at the start of the dinner break, & Shane at the very end, which was around 7.30pm.   Then we dashed across to Palazzo to meet most of the players, we got there at about 7.45, & spent an hour chatting to most of them. The craic was great, everyone was revved up, & I even remember the names of most of them. (I'm terrible with names). Liz - Prio Liz - was there, & looked very nice indeed in a beautiful silk dress, & was working hard looking after everyone. She is a credit to Sky Poker.   Mark  - from Marketing - was there, too, looking very well turned out in a Ralph Lauren silk shirt & designer jeans, & he was working very hard too. Another absolute credit to The Business. Sky Sam was there.   We had to depart at 9pm to dash back to interview the ex Liverpool footballer John Arne Riise, who we had agreed to interview after Level 4 ended. We arrived with 3 minutes to spare after dashing up I-15 from Palazzo to The Rio, so that worked out OK - just about.   We are now waiting to see if we can get an interview with Danny N after play ends at midnight. We might have to swerve it tonight tough, as he is short stacked & not exactly beaming from ear to ear, understandably.   I'll not be sad when we are done tonight, I'm whacked.           
    Posted by Tikay10
    Nice.
  • edited July 2016
    Away from the tables, today has been quite a day for Dan & myself. We did the Daily Video Update this morning, & were scheduled to do two interviews later, but for various reasons it was not possible to do either. The plan now is to do them when play finishes tonight ((midnight) or tomorrow.  Still, we managed to get a couple of interviews in the bag - Roland de Wolfe, & Shane Warne.   We got Roland at the start of the dinner break, & Shane at the very end, which was around 7.30pm.   Then we dashed across to Palazzo to meet most of the players, we got there at about 7.45, & spent an hour chatting to most of them. The craic was great, everyone was revved up, & I even remember the names of most of them. (I'm terrible with names). Liz - Prio Liz - was there, & looked very nice indeed in a beautiful silk dress, & was working hard looking after everyone. She is a credit to Sky Poker.   Mark  - from Marketing - was there, too, looking very well turned out in a Ralph Lauren silk shirt & designer jeans, & he was working very hard too. Another absolute credit to The Business. Sky Sam was there.   We had to depart at 9pm to dash back to interview the ex Liverpool footballer John Arne Riise, who we had agreed to interview after Level 4 ended. We arrived with 3 minutes to spare after dashing up I-15 from Palazzo to The Rio, so that worked out OK - just about.   We are now waiting to see if we can get an interview with Danny N after play ends at midnight. We might have to swerve it tonight tough, as he is short stacked & not exactly beaming from ear to ear, understandably.   I'll not be sad when we are done tonight, I'm whacked.           
    Posted by Tikay10

I hope you used scented oils on this rub down .

• edited July 2016
    Just arrived in Vegas an hr or so ago... nightmare journey, more than 26 hrs travelling with all the delays, my luggage somehow didnt make it all the way to vegas, and is currently in London (I flew from Majorca > Madrid > London > Vegas, which was apparently the best available route), missed the welcome meeting and more importantly the free drinks! 

It wont suprise those of you that know me that I forgot BRING my passport on a skiing holiday this year. We werent flying and realised just as we got to the euro tunnel. Got out the country/ into europe without any problems - we just handed over the passports for the others in the car and said nothing, they didnt get checked properly and we were through! Wasnt too hard to get back into the country either, just needed to fill in a form and they looked me up. Took about half an hr. I guess there will be a bit more faff at the airports, but I'm sure there will be a similar form filling/ looking you up process in place. If they dont turn up, I'd definately turn up very early for your flight though marky

Hopefully I'll see some of the other Sky people tomorrow, not sure I will be going on the vegas tour though - itching to play poker again and make the most of all the great comps on offer in vegas after 10 days off.

• edited July 2016

Did that Frisbee come back with any chips then? 

At least there will be a few more to follow when the droplet kicks in. Good Luck to all our qualifiers over there.
  • edited July 2016
    Good work Sky in respecting the wishes of the player who asked to remain anonymous.
  • edited July 2016
    Good work Sky in respecting the wishes of the player who asked to remain anonymous.
    Posted by Jac35
    Maybe someone didn't read the brief 
  • edited July 2016
    Hi All,

There's some interesting WSOP Main Event facts & figures here. 

Surprised by any?
  • edited July 2016
    Hi All, There's some interesting WSOP Main Event facts & figures  here.   Surprised by any?
    Posted by SkyKirsty

John arne riise playing. Didn't know he played poker. I know quite a lot of ex pro footballers play.
  • edited July 2016
    Did that Frisbee come back with any chips then?  At least there will be a few more to follow when the droplet kicks in. Good Luck to all our qualifiers over there.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Yup, he safely navigated his way into Day 2.
  • edited July 2016
    Posted by Jac35
    Thanks Paul, I'll pass that on.

Sky Poker, in fact the whole of SB&G, are, genuinely, obsessed with caring for their customers.

It was a reasonable request, all things considered, & Sky Poker decided to agree to it. There are several Sky Poker players/qualifiers here who have arrived here in roundabout ways, where rules have been made a little more flexible, or reasonable requests accommodated. It applies equally to Reggie the Recreational, or Percy the Pro.

We have up to 40 playing the Droplet (probably a few less - I'd be amazed if there were no "no-shows"), & in amongst a field of X,000 I'm quite sure we'll not be physically able to report on every one. 

Nobody has been disadvantaged, we have just not followed the progress of a single player.

I really don't think it's something we need to obsess about.   

• edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: WSOP Main Event today - the biggest poker day of the year. : Maybe someone didn't read the brief 
    Posted by Darkangel7
    Maybe, but see my previous post.

If he runs deep, The Business has reserved the right to review the decision, & may well allow me to report his progress.

Good luck tonight with your Free Entry, good guess that, just 3 out, wp.  

• edited July 2016

One last thing before we draw a line under Day 1c.

TV Dan & I "walked the rooms" (there were three of them) numerous times yesterday, looking for familiar faces, big names, Sky poker players, people who it would be good to mention or interview.

One man we never once saw was Ryan Spittles, aka Scotty77. And then, after play ended, Ryan came into the Media Centre & told us he ended the day with 50,900.

So well done Ryan, & he now plays Day 2C, tomorrow (Wednesday). We'll follow his progress tomorrow, fo sho.   

• edited July 2016
    Daniel: With age comes wisdom.
    Tikay: [turn to camera]

Excellent. :)
  • edited July 2016

Ha, glad someone noticed that.

I was a little disappointed with my performance in that video, but honestly, it was 16 hours into a gruelling day & I was wrecked.

Sometimes "let's get it right" & "that'll have to do" come into conflict.