You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lack of cheap fun games

edited August 2016 in Poker Chat
Pro's and regs might not be interested in low cost fun games but I'm sure many casual players would love some of these games.
Bounty Hunters (or 'Knockout' as they are known on other poker sites) are great games to play for fun (with small prizes of course)
The cheapest you have on here are £2.20 & £5.50 and they are too expensive to play a lot of them.

I reguarly deposit £30 on Saturday to have some fun poker and it's gone in a few hours. (leaving me feeling it was a waste of good money)
Other sites (who shall remain nameless) even have 2p (2C) tournies where hundreds join - in fact they fill up in minutes.

Not everyone who plays poker on Sky is out to make their fortune. I'd bet most like me want to enjoy playing without using up their bankroll in a day.

Any chance of inexpensive BH's and such that the budget concious players can play without the feeling that your precious money is being ripped from your hands.

Comments

• edited July 2016
    In Response to Lack of cheap fun games:
    Pro's and regs might not be interested in low cost fun games but I'm sure many casual players would love some of these games. Bounty Hunters (or 'Knockout' as they are known on other poker sites) are great games to play for fun (with small prizes of course) The cheapest you have on here are £2.20 & £5.50 and they are too expensive to play a lot of them. I reguarly deposit £30 on Saturday to have some fun poker and it's gone in a few hours. (leaving me feeling it was a waste of good money) Other sites (who shall remain nameless) even have 2p (2C) tournies where hundreds join - in fact they fill up in minutes. Not everyone who plays poker on Sky is out to make their fortune. I'd bet most like me want to enjoy playing without using up their bankroll in a day. Any chance of inexpensive BH's and such that the budget concious players can play without the feeling that your precious money is being ripped from your hands.
    Posted by Goody_Ace

1.10 6max sng avaiable 24/7 and should fill easily enough.

30p and 60p DYM as well.

Use the sit and go tab
  • edited July 2016
    S n g's are ok but really think the op is looking for cheap tourneys that run fairly deep. Not like the cheap version of all in and hope you win to a bigger tourney. That certainly can put a drain on the bankroll of your not fortunate enough to be first. 

But the reason why those cheap tourneys fill up is they have a larger client base than Sky Poker. I can see both sides of the argument though.
  • edited July 2016
    Yep try the dyms 60p buy in and you have a 50% chance of cashing so I imagine you would get good mileage from that. Try the plo8 also if you want a new game many find it interesting.

Let us know how you get on.

Good luck
    Ger
  • edited July 2016
    I think i can remember a 10 player low price entry Bounty Hunter on here two or three years ago which was good fun. For a good inexpensive game the 5.30 daily plo freeroll is well worth a try.
  • edited July 2016
    The irony or sad thing is, I am reduced to playing the freerolls during the week ( depending on whether Im at work or not)
    But they are only during the day.

Lots of limited number £1 or 50p BH's would be great fun to play in the early evening.

The grinders and pro's can happily play their cash games without any conflict

As an aside, it is my opinion that probably many casual players with low budgets do the same as me and never return.
  • edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: Lack of cheap fun games:
    The irony or sad thing is, I am reduced to playing the freerolls during the week ( depending on whether Im at work or not) But they are only during the day. Lots of limited number £1 or 50p BH's would be great fun to play in the early evening. The grinders and pro's can happily play their cash games without any conflict As an aside, it is my opinion that probably many casual players with low budgets do the same as me and never return.
    Posted by Goody_Ace
    there used to be 10 seat sit n go BH's at one time but due to I'm assuming lack of numbers, it looks like these have long since gone, supply and demand and all that 
  • edited July 2016
    I play a fair amount of mtts (between 10 and 50 a night) but always on other sites because of the cost.  If I play 10 games on here, its gonna cost me upwards of £25.  If I do so on one of the two main other sites I play, I can get ten games for £10 at the most.

I tend to log in to sky, play the dyms needed for 50 points, play the freeroll and then log out to concentrate elsewhere.
  • edited July 2016
    Pro's and regs might not be interested in low cost fun games but I'm sure many casual players would love some of these games. Bounty Hunters (or 'Knockout' as they are known on other poker sites) are great games to play for fun (with small prizes of course) The cheapest you have on here are £2.20 & £5.50 and they are too expensive to play a lot of them. I reguarly deposit £30 on Saturday to have some fun poker and it's gone in a few hours. (leaving me feeling it was a waste of good money) Other sites (who shall remain nameless) even have 2p (2C) tournies where hundreds join - in fact they fill up in minutes. Not everyone who plays poker on Sky is out to make their fortune. I'd bet most like me want to enjoy playing without using up their bankroll in a day. Any chance of inexpensive BH's and such that the budget concious players can play without the feeling that your precious money is being ripped from your hands.
    Posted by Goody_Ace

There isn't the player pool/liquidity on here for that I don't think.

How much cheaper do you want things to get? MTTs starting from £1.10, deposit £5.60 and you can play the £1.10 DS, £2.20 DS and the £2.30 BH, seems pretty reasonable for a little over a fiver. Quite a few sats kicking about for a couple of quid, and of course the SNGs start at 30p.

Guess Sky could chuck out some £1.15 BHs?
  • edited July 2016
    Some strange logic in some of these posts.Multi- tabling very low mtts cant be fun, can it? It sounds like its purely a time filler, just seeing cards pass before your eyes.As has been mentioned before, there are plenty of small stake games on here.Goody, instead of looking for multiples of very low buyins, try to improve your results a tad and make your£30 stretch over a longer period.Im not talking masterclass stuff, but what you are doing doesnt sound fun at all.Each to their own though.

• edited July 2016
    wanting to play poker purely for fun, join the free play cash tables or visit a mini gaming site that has poker, you'll not even need to pay 2p.

• edited July 2016
    a lot of new players or recreational players start off  in the £1 stake 7-45 ds.

a lot of  interest could be created by running a monthly or weekly league table  based on a points system of say finishing

positions on the final table.

it would encourage  rec players to play more often and maybe encourage the more successful ones to test the waters at a

higher level if a small  prize of  free entry to a higher level competition was awarded.

I sure somebody brighter than me could organise it keep it up the table up to date to date.

format for discussion my suggestion any comments welcomed.

1st 10 pts.
    2nd 6 pts.
    3rd 5 pts.
    4th 4 pts.
    5th 3 pts.
    6th 2 pts.

it would be unworkable to award players 1 point every time they played as you would have a table a mile long.

maybe just a blond moment but I think it would create a lot of interest  and encouragement amongst the low stakes

players and is in line with the opening posters  theme.

• edited July 2016
    I lie Huftys idea of some £1.15 Bh's and im sure they would get tons of runners
  • edited July 2016
    a lot of new players or recreational players start off  in the £1 stake 7-45 ds. a lot of  interest could be created by running a monthly or weekly league table  based on a points system of say finishing positions on the final table.   it would encourage  rec players to play more often and maybe encourage the more successful ones to test the waters at a higher level if a small  prize of  free entry to a higher level competition was awarded.   I sure somebody brighter than me could organise it keep it up the table up to date to date. format for discussion my suggestion any comments welcomed. 1st 10 pts. 2nd 6 pts. 3rd 5 pts. 4th 4 pts. 5th 3 pts. 6th 2 pts. it would be unworkable to award players 1 point every time they played as you would have a table a mile long. maybe just a blond moment but I think it would create a lot of interest  and encouragement amongst the low stakes players and is in line with the opening posters  theme.     
    Posted by dumb_blond
    I agree with the tables theme.People love seeing their names in tables.Tables are the future! Quote( Peter Kay )
  • edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: Lack of cheap fun games : I agree with the tables theme.People love seeing their names in tables.Tables are the future! Quote( Peter Kay )
    Posted by chilling
    Yes but tables turn into statistics, don't you know what they say about statistics ;)
  • edited July 2016
    Posted by Goody_Ace
    even in the lowest stakes cash games. there are people who play 10 tables waiting for massive hands. i have see £1.56 raise into a 6p pot. most of us at that level play for fun and want to see flops
  • edited July 2016
    In Response to Lack of cheap fun games : even in the lowest stakes cash games. there are people who play 10 tables waiting for massive hands. i have see £1.56 raise into a 6p pot. most of us at that level play for fun and want to see flops
    Posted by bigr

This is pretty exploitable then, fill your boots.
  • edited July 2016
    I lie Huftys idea of some £1.15 Bh's and im sure they would get tons of runners
    Posted by RLT16
    I used to put this in Sky's feedback survey, about how I thought the removal of 10-max bounty hunters in sit n'go was a mistake. Recently there has been added a £1.10 Sky Head hunter - under Sit n'Go tab. They are 6-max but I've never seen anyone registered - maybe it's been missed by people.
  • edited July 2016
    a lot of new players or recreational players start off  in the £1 stake 7-45 ds. a lot of  interest could be created by running a monthly or weekly league table  based on a points system of say finishing positions on the final table.   it would encourage  rec players to play more often and maybe encourage the more successful ones to test the waters at a higher level if a small  prize of  free entry to a higher level competition was awarded.   I sure somebody brighter than me could organise it keep it up the table up to date to date. format for discussion my suggestion any comments welcomed. 1st 10 pts. 2nd 6 pts. 3rd 5 pts. 4th 4 pts. 5th 3 pts. 6th 2 pts. it would be unworkable to award players 1 point every time they played as you would have a table a mile long. maybe just a blond moment but I think it would create a lot of interest  and encouragement amongst the low stakes players and is in line with the opening posters  theme.     
    Posted by dumb_blond

We already have the DTD comp on a Monday which cost £5 to pay 3 games £2, £2 and £1 has no reg fee and offers FREE weekly and monthly seat prizes. All details are pinned at the top of this page.
    Jon
  • edited July 2016
    Posted by dumb_blond
    We've got that already, DTD

Just announce yourself in the DTD thread and play DTD 1 2 3 the top prizes is free entry into a main event.
  • edited July 2016
    fair point fellas  the Monday dtds create lot of interest but its not exactly a like for like comparison.

to get your name on the tables you have to be able to multi table and play against players of a much wider range of abilities.

and if u cant play Mondays due to other commitments you cant join.

to avoid this the table I suggested could exclude Mondays  7-45 £1-10 deep stack results.

a daily updating of tables and the chance to play against players with a similar level of skill would do more to  encourage

the micro stake players after all oak trees begin as acorns.

• edited July 2016
    The community league on wednesdays was good had mtts from 30p to 5.50 
  • edited July 2016
    Ah well, I though someone from SKY might answer with an explanation (ie not viable - tried it before - no plans - not profitable - or even hey we are going to give it a go)

My Saturday £30 will be going to competitors then. I can't keep affording to lose it here in a day playing 6 or 7 BH games.
  • edited July 2016
    Ah well, I though someone from SKY might answer with an explanation (ie not viable - tried it before - no plans - not profitable - or even hey we are going to give it a go) My Saturday £30 will be going to competitors then. I can't keep affording to lose it here in a day playing 6 or 7 BH games.
    Posted by Goody_Ace

Good luck on Stars.
  • edited July 2016
    I only play mtt's costing £2-£5 , there is a wide variety and if you are good enough (or lucky ) you can have hours of entertainment and make a profit. The only advise I can give you is once you have regged consider the money gone, never play what you cannot afford to lose and don't let it bother you if you suffer a bad beat. Good luck.
  • edited July 2016
    try sat's to the main games and heads up stt mate fun at whatever stakes you play.

playing 1 or 2 games on stars etc is just allin nonsense and pretty much all of us will get fed up with that.

or 4hours of poker to finish out of the money pfffft thats tilt
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Lack of cheap fun games : This is pretty exploitable then, fill your boots.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    you have missed the point. when you sit with £4 and some one raises nearly half of that you either go all in or fold. as we all know 95 percent of hands where you want to see a flop are not all in hands
  • edited August 2016
    I was going to recommend 55p 6 max Sit n Gos as a cheap way in, the play is more like an MTT in style and is good practice for late stages. Also being 6 max you will cash much more often so even if losing, money will last alot longer. Play 50 over a week and you also qualify for the Rewards Freerolls.

However they appear to have disappeared from the lobby.

• edited August 2016
    I really don't understand this thread, if the OP is willing to deposit £30 on a Saturday to play, why wouldnt you play the tourneys many have suggested 2 x £1 deep, 2 x £2 deep, 2 x £2 B/H.

Thats 6 to start with and its only cost you £10, throw in some six max SNG (standard or DYM) and you should have plenty to go on with. 

Its actually pretty hard to get through £30 playing at the lowest stakes (in each format) on Sky unless you just go mental, tilt it off super quick then keep registering.

All IMO of course.
  • edited August 2016
    I really don't understand this thread, if the OP is willing to deposit £30 on a Saturday to play, why wouldnt you play the tourneys many have suggested 2 x £1 deep, 2 x £2 deep, 2 x £2 B/H. Thats 6 to start with and its only cost you £10, throw in some six max SNG (standard or DYM) and you should have plenty to go on with.  Its actually pretty hard to get through £30 playing at the lowest stakes (in each format) on Sky unless you just go mental, tilt it off super quick then keep registering. All IMO of course.
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    what's not to understand?
    Player loses money. Blames sky and says he's stomping off to another site.

About 1000 other threads like this over the years
  • edited August 2016
    lol, 
    fair point

Morning :-)