You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lack of cheap fun games

2»

Comments

• edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Lack of cheap fun games:
    In Response to Re: Lack of cheap fun games : you have missed the point. when you sit with £4 and some one raises nearly half of that you either go all in or fold. as we all know 95 percent of hands where you want to see a flop are not all in hands
    Posted by bigr

I'm not sure what point I have missed?

If people are playing far from optimally at 4nl then this is pretty straightforward to exploit.
  • edited August 2016
    I was going to recommend 55p 6 max Sit n Gos as a cheap way in, the play is more like an MTT in style and is good practice for late stages. Also being 6 max you will cash much more often so even if losing, money will last alot longer. Play 50 over a week and you also qualify for the Rewards Freerolls. However they appear to have disappeared from the lobby.
    Posted by Phantom66
    55p still there.Need to select 'all' 'holdem' 'micro' to find.
    But hardly/never running since removal of speed tab :-(.
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Lack of cheap fun games : 55p still there.Need to select 'all' 'holdem' 'micro' to find. But hardly/never running since removal of speed tab :-(.
    Posted by belsibub

Cheers bels.

Yes I had the "regular" tab selected as that is what I use to find regular 6 max tables.

• edited August 2016
    If your 30 quid routinely disappears, try winning for a change.Theres no logic .Give the money to charity or other good causes.
    Or bless my soul,SAVE IT.
  • edited August 2016
    60p or £1.15 b/h tourneys would be good to give micro / low stake stt players access to larger events. i could see myself as a regular in a tourney of this level if it were to appear.
  • edited August 2016
    If your 30 quid routinely disappears, try winning for a change.Theres no logic .Give the money to charity or other good causes. Or bless my soul,SAVE IT.
    Posted by chilling
    You actually took time out to reply with that answer?

Try winning! So that's the secret.....

I and I am sure plenty of players on here want value for money (nice if you cash - even exciting) but don't want their meager BR draining with each game.

I have actually won a few MTT's so if you are under the impression I am a donk or complete beginner - I'm not.
    I am certainly nothing near a pro or good player but I enjoy the game and that is what I want from my money.

Never played a BH above £5 so I don't know if the game is different up there. I don't know at what cash entry fee the top players buy in at. (and probably never will)  All I was asking/saying was there is a lack of 50p or £1 BH's where it is fun win or lose.

I take my hat off to the pro's and profit making players. I wouldn't dream of trying to make a living from poker.
    And from my understanding - the pro's probably don't play many BH's preferring cash tables and big MTT's.

But for every profit making player there are hunreds of losing players so they must play for the fun and excitement of the game :)
  • edited August 2016
    Didnt really take time out, got a day off. Your post leans towards being resigned to loosing 30quid consistantly = having fun??