You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

First ever diary entry: "A Tale of Two Nights".

edited July 2016 in Poker Chat
Hi all, Ive never written a diary entry on Sky before, but feel it would be benefical to write some of my experiences down.

Friday night by 10pm all my tourneys were finished and I couldn't wait to switch the computer off. I was punting off the last of my stacks as I was in no mood to play. We've all been there where for whatever reason you're heads not in the game, and patience was at an all time low.

I was so angry with myself that I decided to dedicate the whole of my saturday to studying the leaks in my game. Suffice to say that culminated in a profitable run, just shy of 3 final tables, including a 2nd, 3rd and 7th ( to bubble the jackpot getting in 90% of my stack QQ vs 33 pre - to see a 3 land on river). In the main i'd lost a few hands on the FT and was 5/5 with under 10bbs. If this was the night before I would of ended up shoving in a silly spot, but with the 6 hours of working on my game prior to playing I just felt like I had the edge and could still accumlate chips, if I could remain patient. I ended up picking my spots well and got myself heads up, eventually getting my stack in again with QQ against 95 allin on a 5XX board... to see a 9 bink the turn. Its painful not to win getting so close, and my chips in good, but i'm fully aware that to get in that spot I had to get lucky in other spots too. Overall whats more inportant for me is knowing that I played the best I could, and then leave the rest up to lady luck.

In conclusion I've learnt that dedicating time to looking in the mirror, and putting a magnifying glass on your game really does pay dividends. If you lose half your stack in the first level, dont be friday me and punt, have the patience and the belief that you can grind it back up.

Good luck at the tables,

Tim

Comments

• edited July 2016
    In Response to First ever diary entry: "A Tale of Two Nights".:
     I was so angry with myself that I decided to dedicate the whole of my saturday to studying the leaks in my game. Tim
    Posted by devil_tear

Hi Tim,

I see your name frequently (and I mean FREQUENTLY) in GaryQQQ's most excellent winners thread and was 
    surprised to read your OP. 

It made me wonder what made you decide to you needed to do the  bold bit, and how you went about it?

Pad

P.s.  YOur diary I would def read! 
  • edited July 2016
    Tim, as a rubbish player, I have usually lost a stack of my chips early on. But I still hang on in there. I will get better but I play for the fun of it and for the company. You are a good player and when we've been on the same table you've scared the living daylights out of me. The big hitters don't bother me so much anymore ;)  but you my dear do. I thought you were going to put something about 40 scarves unveiling as well ;)

You will get there, I do believe. Run golden and keep at it and try not to get frustrated. :)
  • edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: First ever diary entry: "A Tale of Two Nights".:
    In Response to First ever diary entry: "A Tale of Two Nights". : Hi Tim, I see your name frequently (and I mean FREQUENTLY) in GaryQQQ's most excellent winners thread and was  surprised to read your OP.  It made me wonder what made you decide to you needed to do the   bold bit, and how you went about it? Pad P.s.  YOur diary I would def read! 
    Posted by Glenelg
    Hi Glenn,

Thanks for reading. I looked at my pre-flop game, and also the hands I was playing out of position. Ive also taken steps to become more patient, and prepared before I play. i find when exercise beforehand I am generally more calm. I dont want to too deep into strategy, as you run into the same faces alot as Sky, and information is the game =)

• edited July 2016
    Tim, as a rubbish player, I have usually lost a stack of my chips early on. But I still hang on in there. I will get better but I play for the fun of it and for the company. You are a good player and when we've been on the same table you've scared the living daylights out of me. The big hitters don't bother me so much anymore ;)  but you my dear do. I thought you were going to put something about 40 scarves unveiling as well ;) You will get there, I do believe. Run golden and keep at it and try not to get frustrated. :)
    Posted by Darkangel7

Hi Darkangel,

Thanks for the supportive post. I think you do a great job in that chatbox giving encouragment to other players, definately makes me smile. Ha I have no idea what "40 scarves" is, care to elaborate?! =) 

Well Im happy to say Ive also ran pretty golden today with a 1st place this time. Must be your wishing me rungood. So i'll return the favour. RUN GOLDEN!

GG Devil 
  • edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: First ever diary entry: "A Tale of Two Nights". : Hi Darkangel, Thanks for the supportive post. I think you do a great job in that chatbox giving encouragment to other players, definately makes me smile. Ha I have no idea what "40 scarves" is, care to elaborate?! =)  Well Im happy to say Ive also ran pretty golden today with a 1st place this time. Must be your wishing me rungood. So i'll return the favour. RUN GOLDEN! GG Devil 
    Posted by devil_tear
    Maybe your a bit too young ;) or was it the dance of a thousand veils, might be getting a bit mixed up. Anyway thought it was going to be a bout a knight in shinging armour, sigh. Never mind one day eh. lol

Am so pleased you've binked tonight. Hope the golden run continues :) Even if it doesn't don't get down about it. Take time out and come back refreshed.

Donna aka the pest ;)
  • edited July 2016

Hi Tim,

I think you're doing quite well.  Well played over the weekend and well played over the last 3 years  Quite a magnificent achievement to lead ths league...

ROI% HIGH VOLUME

NEW High Volume Profit leader.
    76,157 players in 14,887 MTTs since Jan 2014

This photo will take a while to be authorised and shows the top 10 players.

In the meantime, you can see the top 50 players here.
    www.PokerSuperHero.com/roihighvolume

Excellent play.

• edited July 2016
    Well done last night 
    I railed your table when there were around 14 left for quite a while and you were pretty short for most of that time.
    Great comeback
  • edited July 2016
    Hi Tim, I think you're doing quite well.  Well played over the weekend and well played over the last 3 years  Quite a magnificent achievement to lead ths league... ROI% HIGH VOLUME NEW High Volume Profit leader. 76,157 players in 14,887 MTTs since Jan 2014 This photo will take a while to be authorised and shows the top 10 players. In the meantime, you can see the top 50 players here. www.PokerSuperHero.com/roihighvolume Excellent play.  .
    Posted by aussie09
    Thanks Aussie! I hadnt seen this until now so pretty chuffed. I think you website is awesome, and you do a stellar job. Keep up the good work. 

GG Tim
  • edited July 2016
    Well done last night  I railed your table when there were around 14 left for quite a while and you were pretty short for most of that time. Great comeback
    Posted by Jac35
    Thank you Jac.. Yeah I got the rub of the green in a few spots towards the end, and managed to naviagate my way through the final table... it was nice to seal the deal this time around.

Tim

• edited July 2016
    Hey bud Gd goin on recent results 

This be a diary be Defo interested in

I'm thinking of playing more mtts ,cash gettin boring for me over recent months any tips haha
  • edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: First ever diary entry: "A Tale of Two Nights". : Thanks Aussie! I hadnt seen this until now so pretty chuffed. I think you website is awesome, and you do a stellar job. Keep up the good work.  GG Tim
    Posted by devil_tear

thanks tim.

ps i am now avoiding you on the tables.

• edited July 2016
    Hey bud Gd goin on recent results  This be a diary be Defo interested in I'm thinking of playing more mtts ,cash gettin boring for me over recent months any tips haha
    Posted by liamboi11
    Yes just run golden lol ;) and information is the key.