You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Want to win a share of £100,000? Well hello, Sky Poker Premiership

Comments

• edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Want to win a share of £100,000? Well hello, Sky Poker Premiership:
    I've been silly never read it correctly I try put in code for all leagues and it accepted all codes apart from the champions league one, so I don't know what league my points will go to lol. Any ideas?
    Posted by liamboi11
    Hi Liam,

It will be the last code you entered.

Thanks,
    Kirsty
  • edited August 2016
    Hi All,

The code 'CHAMPION' should now be working.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Thanks,
    Kirsty
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Want to win a share of £100,000? Well hello, Sky Poker Premiership:
    In Response to Re: Want to win a share of £100,000? Well hello, Sky Poker Premiership : Hi Dozza, Thanks for pointing out my shameful lack of football knowledge. ;) After a brief Googling session, I have come to the conclusion it should read 'championship?'  I've updated it to that, thanks for pointing out. Sky Kirsty
    Posted by SkyKirsty

Glad I could help. Sky Poker Champions League does sound good though, hope it can get used in future promo :-)
  • edited August 2016
    Kirsty do you have to Opt in to each different week ?
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Want to win a share of £100,000? Well hello, Sky Poker Premiership : Hi Liam, It will be the last code you entered. Thanks, Kirsty
    Posted by SkyKirsty
    Thanks Kirsty and gerardgirl :)
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Want to win a share of £100,000? Well hello, Sky Poker Premiership : Glad I could help. Sky Poker Champions League does sound good though, hope it can get used in future promo :-)
    Posted by Dozza
    It would have to be the BT Sport Poker Champions League :)
  • edited August 2016
    Great promo sky.  I've aged and belong in the lower leagues these days so its perfect for me.
  • edited August 2016

As someone who spent many years trying I can certainly say it's very hard to think of promotions for poker that reward everyone equally. Sites definitely get most of their income from bread and butter cash games, there are so many more cash players and they play longer and rake comes from each hand whereas tournament players may play for very small stakes, they come and go and they only pay rake once at the start of the tournament. It's only right then that the reward scheme pays the people who contribute most the biggest rewards. The problem is the tournament players in total are larger in number, there are a lot you just don't see very often. These guys definitely always tend to think they deserve to be rewarded more. As it happens the sit n go players should probably get the 2nd-biggest slice of the cake.

I like this one though. It rewards everyone, gives you a chance to make a strategic choice according to where you think you fit in to the eco-system and it ties in to football which is always popular.

It's a nice promo. I'm sure some tournament players will say they can't win it...just never figured out how to get round that.
  • edited August 2016
     As someone who spent many years trying I can certainly say it's very hard to think of promotions for poker that reward everyone equally. Sites definitely get most of their income from bread and butter cash games, there are so many more cash players and they play longer and rake comes from each hand whereas tournament players may play for very small stakes, they come and go and they only pay rake once at the start of the tournament. It's only right then that the reward scheme pays the people who contribute most the biggest rewards. The problem is the tournament players in total are larger in number, there are a lot you just don't see very often. These guys definitely always tend to think they deserve to be rewarded more. As it happens the sit n go players should probably get the 2nd-biggest slice of the cake.  I like this one though. It rewards everyone, gives you a chance to make a strategic choice according to where you think you fit in to the eco-system and it ties in to football which is always popular.  It's a nice promo. I'm sure some tournament players will say they can't win it...just never figured out how to get round that.
    Posted by NChanning

People complain about a promo......wouldn't have thought that would ever happen 

• edited August 2016
     As someone who spent many years trying I can certainly say it's very hard to think of promotions for poker that reward everyone equally. Sites definitely get most of their income from bread and butter cash games, there are so many more cash players and they play longer and rake comes from each hand whereas tournament players may play for very small stakes, they come and go and they only pay rake once at the start of the tournament. It's only right then that the reward scheme pays the people who contribute most the biggest rewards. The problem is the tournament players in total are larger in number, there are a lot you just don't see very often. These guys definitely always tend to think they deserve to be rewarded more. As it happens the sit n go players should probably get the 2nd-biggest slice of the cake.  I like this one though. It rewards everyone, gives you a chance to make a strategic choice according to where you think you fit in to the eco-system and it ties in to football which is always popular.  It's a nice promo. I'm sure some tournament players will say they can't win it...just never figured out how to get round that.
    Posted by NChanning
    I was surprised at just how well the Viva Las Vegas promo catered to everyone, whether they be cash, SNG or MTT players. Not too many promos achieve that.
  • edited August 2016
    It says "Check back here daily to see how you're getting on." but I can't see any points tally or leaderboard. Is it like that for everyone else?
  • edited August 2016
    The first 24 hours have only just finished!

Expect the tables will be up sometime friday.

I can confidently predict that I will not be in the top 100 (unless less than 100 players score at least a point)
  • edited August 2016
    I see these have updated but only show the top 25 or so in each league. With 100 places paid it would be good if it showed the top 100 in each league. I know this may be a bit more work for whoever is updating it all but it is hard to work out your approach to the league when you don't really know where you stand.
  • edited August 2016
    Soooooo ... 1,600 odd points on opening day and I can't get on the leaderboard in bottom league???????? 
  • edited August 2016
    Did u enter the code
  • edited August 2016
    Think there was an error on the boards. Opted in to league 1 on wednesday night and am not showing on the boards, got like 800 pts yesterday.
  • edited August 2016
    Think there was an error on the boards. Opted in to league 1 on wednesday night and am not showing on the boards, got like 800 pts yesterday.
    Posted by IHadTrips7

+1.

me too.

entered league1.  code accepted.  checked just now, it is in the drop down box to corroborate things more.  i defo submitted it but not included in tables now published.

• edited August 2016
  • edited August 2016
    Yep reading lots of players saying they earth lots. Support going to busy.
    Maybe the code not working on certain browsers? . 

• edited August 2016
    Dr g you need to put league 1 or whatever league you want to be in in the promo Sefton

• edited August 2016
    What code?
    Posted by Dr_F
    You had to enter a promo code to choose which league tyou'd like to be in. If you made 1600 points in a day id suggest one of the top leagues

• edited August 2016
    Hi Kirsty opted in for championship league on tuesday but didnt make leaderboard got 980 points yesterday
  • edited August 2016
    Dr_F, youve just made the bottom league entrants " see the light".
  • edited August 2016
    Mine is missing too, looks like they've missed quite a few names off
  • edited August 2016
    Hi guys, we are aware of the problem. Don't worry, if you opted in before midnight yesterday your points will be counted. We will upload the correct leaderboard when we figure out why some people have been missed off. Sorry for any inconveniance. 
  • edited August 2016
    my name is missing too.  i played a lot yesterday and i definitely entered the code
  • edited August 2016
    Thank you sky james. Hopefully this will get resolved quickly as a lot of people would like to know how they did yesterday
  • edited August 2016
  • edited August 2016
  • edited August 2016
    my points are also missing from this promo, i enterd the code on wednesday night before the promo began, points not showing on the leaderboard