You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Say what you mean.........

edited August 2016 in Poker Chat

If you have that kind of sense of humour, some of the comments in the chat box after a hand are incred.

Saw this last night. A chap got there with the biggest pile of poo you ever saw.

His beaten opponent typed....

"Nice hand"

And we know what he really meant of course. But then villain replied, deadpan.....

"Thanks" 

And I sat there knowing that "nice hand" was really "you had spanners & got lucky", but when villain replied "thank you", do we think he meant it, or was he just replying in kind? Did he really think "nice hand" was a compliment"?

Comments

• edited August 2016

Well played sir = you lucky dog.
  • edited August 2016

Vey nice hand mate = what on earth were you doing playing those spanners?
  • edited August 2016

I was ahead on the turn = I lost
  • edited August 2016

How could you call? = you are a prize plum
  • edited August 2016

From one of my threads from a couple of years ago. I apologise for harking back to the old days when there was more fun on this forum, rather than rants and diaries. ;). Mine are more Forum speak though.

1) I just had the worst bad beat ever  -  I lost a hand of poker

2) I played this hand expertly             -  I won a hand of poker

3) I'm leaving for good                      -   I will be back shortly

4) This site is defo rigged                   -  I lost lots of hands of poker

5) This isn't a forum diary of such       -  This is a forum diary

6) This is an absolute joke                  -  This isn't funny at all

7) Did I play this hand correctly?         -  Please look at this hand I got unlucky in

8) Why did the villain play like this in this hand? - Please look at this hand I got unlucky in

9) Please can Sky take a look at this for me? - Sort it out Sky!!!!

10) I am going to crush the poker tables tonight - I will hopefully min cash/break even
  • edited August 2016
    gl all. 

dont suck out on me, may all my races be good.

90% of the time i right gl all at begining of my game, i do this for 1 to get players typing, 2 so hopefully people think im a nice guy and fold to me in icky situations.

dont work but i doit anyway.
  • edited August 2016
    Sigh = I'm losing money.

ffs, nh Sky = I'm losing even more money.
  • edited August 2016
    What did you have for dinner mac? = Please wind up TK with some incessant twaddle about food.
  • edited August 2016
    My fav

That's poker = You got lucky fish, but I will bust you sooner or later
  • edited August 2016
    Quote from Maxally

"From one of my threads from a couple of years ago. I apologise for harking back to the old days when there was more fun on this forum, rather than rants and diaries. ;). Mine are more Forum speak though."

What made the forum more fun a couple of years ago Alan?. As a long time poster your thoughts on this would be invaluable. I think that the forum is struggling a bit these days so it would be great to go back a couple of years and get it buzzing again

• edited August 2016
    Ronnie beat me = Obviously I'm not as good at playing snooker.
    Phil beat me = Obviously I'm not as good at playing darts.
    Lewis beat me = Obviously I'm not as good at driving cars.
    Idiot donk joke f'kin site = Obviously I am the greatest poker player in the world.

• edited August 2016
    I'm not quite sure that I agree with you on the diaries thing though. I think that they can help be hugely beneficial for the forum and get people posting
    For example
    Markycash
    Hhamza
    Phamtom
    Timmy

They all have very entertaining diaries that I enjoy reading.
    Tikay does one as well
  • edited August 2016
    A few I notice HU - 

You F*****g idiot calling my 3 bet with j10 = I have no idea how to play heads up but I am angry

BET BET BET Your a monkey pressing buttons = I dont know how to adjust to aggresion

Go die in a grease fire - please die in a fire of grease

I have come across all of the above
  • edited August 2016
    Interesting thing i've noticed.

When a reg plays a less than optimum hand, he's being "creative"
    When a new player does it he's a "donk"
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Say what you mean.........:
    I'm not quite sure that I agree with you on the diaries thing though. I think that they can help be hugely beneficial for the forum and get people posting For example Markycash Hhamza Phamtom Timmy They all have very entertaining diaries that I enjoy reading. Tikay does one as well
    Posted by Jac35

Was going to post you are scraping the bottom of the barrell there until I realised you are talking about someone else.

• edited August 2016
    Seeing as we are in recycling mood here is one I posted earlier/elsewhere...

I have won millions on another site but I keep losing here = The transition from play money to real money isn't going as well as I had hoped.
  • edited August 2016
    Seeing as we are in recycling mood here is one I posted earlier/elsewhere... I have won millions on another site but I keep losing here = The transition from play money to real money isn't going as well as I had hoped.
    Posted by Phantom66

I enjoy this one...
  • edited August 2016

It's quite surprising how many players read the threads but don't post on them, or even post at all.

On the tables night, the chat boxes were full of the "nh" banter.

Good fun.

• edited August 2016
    I do both.

I was therefore very hurt by your WP comment ;-)
  • edited August 2016

;)

Nobody believes us now when we say "wp" or "NH".
  • edited August 2016
    Brave thread to start
  • edited August 2016
    Fortunately as we're all very mature it's ok
  • edited August 2016
    It was good fun even if people didn't get it ,it kept me smiling all night
  • edited August 2016
    Sigh = I'm losing money. ffs, nh Sky = I'm losing even more money.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

Have you been watching me play cash?

Actually, sigh = I got it all in pre with a dominating hand and lost.

ffs, nh Sky (or something similar) = I had 68,000 outs and missed, again.

• edited August 2016
    You Stupid Girl, Grow UP, Get a Life.Yep I will do thank you for your comment, have a nice evening and see you later.They hate that reply
  • edited August 2016
    It's quite surprising how many players read the threads but don't post on them, or even post at all. On the tables night, the chat boxes were full of the "nh" banter.   Good fun.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Some threads leave players speechless ........ Cough!
  • edited August 2016
    ;) Nobody believes us now when we say "wp" or "NH".
    Posted by Tikay10
    I was about to say nh last night when your aces met my kings( me hitting the flush) but your seat had been vacated.
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Say what you mean......... : I was about to say nh last night when your aces met my kings( me hitting the flush) but your seat had been vacated.
    Posted by chilling
    Ha, remember that. It was a weird hand actually, as I thought the other fella, who was playing any four assorted stools, would be the caller (think he called pre) but we lost him when the bets got serious.  

Think you had K-K-2-3 & went runner runner flush to bust my aces?

I'm like everyone else, when I lose a big hand like that it stings a bit, but the trick - well my trick - is to close the table quickly, before I say something I might regret.

And, in the cold light of day, as we all know, over the long term, it all evens out.

Fun night, see you again tonight. 
  • edited August 2016
    A few of my personal favourites;

wp brave call = stupid call I hate you, my story made perfect sense, how can you call, no seriously how can you?

!!!!!!!! = Evening Tikay

nice soft table :-) = $%@t  what was I thinking, why didnt I check the lobby.

• edited August 2016
    I really wish you could do a proper smiley face so when on rare occasions
    swearing or rude comments come my way I can put a smiley face instead of just 
    Thank you.  Although I think Thank you seems to make them more annoyed.

Glev1 = But better luck for me
    nh      = B,m I thought I had you beat.