You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Hi, Sky High

edited September 2016 in Poker Chat

Whilst the new & refreshed MTT Schedule is receiving a few final tweaks in readiness for it's launch quite soon, one new MTT has already been announced, the Sky High Roller.

Not to be confused with the existing Super Roller (Sundays) this baby will be on TUESDAY evenings at 9pm, & will cost £220 to enter, &, initially, have an £8,000 Guarantee.

£220 is a lot of money, of course, but Sky Poker want everyone to have a shot at this, so there will be more Satellites than you can shake a stick at, starting from £2.30.

The very first satellites will be on Saturday (2 days hence) with a £10.50 feeder going into a £48 Semi Final the same evening.

Please understand this is a sort of trial, & Sky Poker are happy to receive feedback, & maybe change a few of the dynamics depending how it goes. If it can be safely bedded in, it will remain on the schedule for the foreseeable future.   

Comments

• edited September 2016

The Promo Page for the Sky High Roller - and a very good page it is - can be found HERE
  • edited September 2016

Am I the only one who saw that name - Sky High - & thought of the recent hit (as in 1975) by Jigsaw?

They don't write songs like that any more, eh?
  • edited September 2016
    Looks good can't wait to try win a seat. One question. Why the 9pm start on a Tues? I may be in a minority here and if I am fair play I'll shut up. But it really puts me off playing if a tourney starts at 9 and has 1.5 / 2 hours late reg and finishes early hours. I imagine a lot of people on Sky have work early doors next morning and would welcome a slightly earlier kick off time?

just me?
  • edited September 2016

Look out for a Free to Enter Fun Comp on the Forum in the next day or two, and we'll find some Sky High Roller Satellite seats to give away. First up, I need to get all schmoozy with Sky Sam, eek, but I'm sure he'll be agreeable. And it's not often Sam is described as agreeable.
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Hi, Sky High:
    Looks good can't wait to try win a seat. One question. Why the 9pm start on a Tues? I may be in a minority here and if I am fair play I'll shut up. But it really puts me off playing if a tourney starts at 9 and has 1.5 / 2 hours late reg and finishes early hours. I imagine a lot of people on Sky have work early doors next morning and would welcome a slightly earlier kick off time? just me?
    Posted by Poker_Wolf
    Thanks Mr Wolf.

It's going to start in a 9pm slot, as it's part of a wider plan with regards to the new MTT Schedule. It will make more sense when the new Schedule is published. Having said that, it's not set in concrete, & if need be, the times could be tweaked, but that's the starting point.  

Good question, Winston.

• edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Hi, Sky High : Thanks Mr Wolf. It's going to start in a 9pm slot, as it's part of a wider plan with regards to the new MTT Schedule. It will make more sense when the new Schedule is published. Having said that, it's not set in concrete, & if need be, the times could be tweaked, but that's the starting point.   Good question, Winston.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks Tikay. Defo happy to see tournaments such as this make the schedule and regardless of time I will be attempting to qualify. If I go deep the last thing I will be worrying about it feeling tired for work anyway ;)
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Hi, Sky High : Thanks Tikay. Defo happy to see tournaments such as this make the schedule and regardless of time I will be attempting to qualify. If I go deep the last thing I will be worrying about it feeling tired for work anyway ;)
    Posted by Poker_Wolf
    ZING
  • edited September 2016
    Has anyone mentioned the £220 at 9pm yet?

All the best

Jac35
  • edited September 2016

Looks good. Will there be any last min all in sats Tuesday night before KO? I played a MTT last night which didnt finish till gone 3am (diff site, obv) and was still up for work at 7am (ish). The adrenalin was still pumping ;)
  • edited September 2016
    Looks good. Will there be any last min all in sats Tuesday night before KO? I played a MTT last night which didnt finish till gone 3am (diff site, obv) and was still up for work at 7am (ish). The adrenalin was still pumping ;)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Hi Alan,

1) Yes, there are £2.30 "All In Sats" scheduled for 20.45, 20.50 & 20.55 on Tuesday.

2) 3am you say? Adrenalin still pumping? GIQ.

• edited September 2016
    Has anyone mentioned the £220 at 9pm yet? All the best Jac35
    Posted by Jac35
    BOOMIO

I had a side bet that someone would post that. I thought it would be a successful player - Matt Bates for example - but you got there first, wp wp.
  • edited September 2016
    Look forward to this one. :=)

Nice one Sky!

Out of interest, what will the starting stack and blind levels be?

Would be even better as a Bounty Hunter imo, but perhaps there are plans for something like that. (To me, six max and BH's are synonymous with Sky, and are much loved by regulars and recreational players alike)

Making it a Bounty Hunter would reduce variance and provide a nice return for satellite qualifiers even if they get just one head. Also, currently we have the roller, buy in at £110, but the largest buy in BH's are £55.

Just a thought, but great to have a £220 buy in MTT, in any shape or form, as part of the weekly schedule. A great addition for the higher stake players and also, with good satellite feeders, an exciting opportunity for a decent return for Sky's recreational players with just a small outlay. 

Great stuff!

Graham
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Hi, Sky High : BOOMIO I had a side bet that someone would post that. I thought it would be a successful player - Matt Bates for example - but you got there first, wp wp.
    Posted by Tikay10

ha ha ha ha ha 

wins the internet
  • edited September 2016
    Look forward to this one. :=) Nice one Sky! Out of interest, what will the starting stack and blind levels be? Would be even better as a Bounty Hunter imo, but perhaps there are plans for something like that. (To me, six max and BH's are synonymous with Sky, and are much loved by regulars and recreational players alike) Making it a Bounty Hunter would reduce variance and provide a nice return for satellite qualifiers even if they get just one head. Also, currently we have the roller, buy in at £110, but the largest buy in BH's are £55. Just a thought, but great to have a £220 buy in MTT, in any shape or form, as part of the weekly schedule. Cheers, Graham
    Posted by StayOrGo

Already in lobby....5K starting stack...12 min levels. late reg up to level 6.
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Hi, Sky High : Already in lobby....5K starting stack...12 min levels. late reg up to level 6.
    Posted by MAXALLY

So it is MAX, TY

It was also detailed on the web page, apologies.
  • edited September 2016
    Dont think theres the player base for a £220 freezeout on sky and will struggle for numbers.  I agree with Graham on the bh format that it would reduce varience and people would would be able to get some money back a lot of the time even if they didnt cash for such a large buyin.  I think there might be enough players  for a weekly £110 bh but a £220 freezeout is stretching it a bit imo.
  • edited September 2016
    Dont think theres the player base for a £220 freezeout on sky and will struggle for numbers.  I agree with Graham on the bh format that it would reduce varience and people would would be able to get some money back a lot of the time even if they didnt cash for such a large buyin.  I think there might be enough players  for a weekly £110 bh but a £220 freezeout is stretching it a bit imo.
    Posted by bearlyther

TBF, it only needs 40 runners to break even. With the sats program, I think it will at least hit this. If not, they will need to adjust it. A 5K would only need 25 runners etc. We will have to see on Tuesday how it goes, but hopefully it will do better than expected.
  • edited September 2016
    You could have a £220 8k gtd with 40 runners or a £110 10k gtd with 100 runners i know which 1 i would prefer.  Having it as a £110 a lot more people will be able to buy in direct. With having it as a £220 mtt the vast majority of the sky player base will only be able to play in it if they are lucky enough to sat into it. The people who will be buying in direct to a £220 will be the top uk regs from stars and a few sky regs. 
  • edited September 2016

whether it works well, or not, well done sky for the venture.

• edited September 2016

will it replace the £55 BH on Tuesday?

• edited September 2016
    I agree with £110 BH working well, but £220 not.

I dont think id consider trying to sat in either as id expect the field to be too small and too tough with this price of buyin
  • edited September 2016
    Look forward to this one. :=) Nice one Sky! Out of interest, what will the starting stack and blind levels be? Would be even better as a Bounty Hunter imo, but perhaps there are plans for something like that. (To me, six max and BH's are synonymous with Sky, and are much loved by regulars and recreational players alike) Making it a Bounty Hunter would reduce variance and provide a nice return for satellite qualifiers even if they get just one head. Also, currently we have the roller, buy in at £110, but the largest buy in BH's are £55. Just a thought, but great to have a £220 buy in MTT, in any shape or form, as part of the weekly schedule. A great addition for the higher stake players and also, with good satellite feeders, an exciting opportunity for a decent return for Sky's recreational players with just a small outlay.  Great stuff! Graham
    Posted by StayOrGo

I'm excited by this addition to the schedule but feel the same as Graham posted above.

Also I feel that a 9pm start time with a great structure might put off a lot of recreational players on a "school night".
  • edited September 2016
    awosome edition hope its gets the runners poker in its purist form not bounties spot on imo. regs get behind this is what every u can offered buy in to event play sat feeders all insats. i hope this is sign of things to come. online poker rooms are getting full of gimick poker types bounty hunters sky has lead way and done a gd job but need to imo get back to basics fo rebuys.  alot of comps on stars are now bounty prog bounties etc. also bubble rush and alot of other silly games that have no shelf live imo who remembers metrix games on full title. 
  • edited September 2016

Good feedback all round.

Sky Poker are aware it is a gamble & might cost a few bob, but they want to try it. Better to have tried & failed, & all that.

The comments as to a £110 BH are also noted.

And yes, it might miss it's Guarantee, so logically, all the more reason to play it, & help yourself to some added free money.

• edited September 2016

I also understand one NChanning, aka Mr Ambo, akas Sir Talk-A-Lot, will be playing this next Tuesday. There will not be a Bounty on him, but you still get bragging rights for busting him.  
  • edited September 2016

Love the idea and would love to play.... but the timing is wrong for me.

Its fine saying if you are running deep the last thing you will worry about is being late for work.... but I will never know because the idea of running deep or min cashing and having to go to work shattered will prevent me playing in the first place.

7.30 / 8 I should be able to play...

That being said I will check the run time week one. If it finishes pre 1AM I will probably give it a go
  • edited September 2016
    will it replace the £55 BH on Tuesday?
    Posted by aussie09
    If you mean next Tuesday Rob, I don't know, but I would imagine the £55 BH will still run.

If you mean in the new MTT SChedule, I'll pass on that for now, as the whole schedule looks very different. It'll be announced quite soon I would think.
  • edited September 2016
    Thanks to Sky for giving this a go.

I agree it may struggle to get enough runners unless the satellites are a success, but hopefully it will also attract some new people to the site.

I am hoping there is enough room for this and for a weekly £110 BH (Thursday?)

Look forward to seeing the other changes but please please please do not change the £55 10:30 speed BH.
  • edited September 2016
    It shouldn't finish too much later than 1am if it gets 40 runners. Much earlier than the Super Roller! These will be the pay outs for 40 or fewer runners: 
    1      £2960
    2      £1760
    3      £1200
    4      £880
    5      £640
    6      £560
    Good luck!
  • edited September 2016
    I would have loved to have given it a go - but 9pm start will probably be too late for me as Wednesdays are early starts for me.  If it had been 8pm start then I'd probably have entered at least the first one to see how it went.  The 8pm roller on Sundays doesn't usually finish til 2.30-3.00am although obviously it has more players.

I'll say no for now - but as I have very little will power I'll probably end up trying a few sats lol