You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Hi, Sky High

2»

Comments

• edited September 2016
    It could be at 8pm but then the Semi would have to be an hour earlier which might mean some people would not be home in time. Ideally all tournaments would start at 8pm but this can't happen for obvious reasons.
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Hi, Sky High:
    It shouldn't finish too much later than 1am if it gets 40 runners. Much earlier than the Super Roller! These will be the pay outs for 40 or fewer runners:  1             £2960 2             £1760 3             £1200 4             £880 5             £640 6             £560 Good luck!
    Posted by Sky__James
    I feel as though Sky should consider a flatter pay out structure for this, not pay more places (15% is fine imo), but without the option to make deals people will be flipping HU for the equivalent of 3rd place money & there isn't a big enough schedule to make these situations common enough to even out the variance. 
  • edited September 2016
    I dont see a problem with a 9pm start time... it will finish before the main does surely + 9pm 55bh reached the final table today before midnight and it had 66 runners, which looks to have the same structure.
  • edited September 2016

We now have 5 players in Tuesday's running of the £220 Sky High Roller, well done them.

dixo645000
    Garojh5000
    NChanning5000
    StayOrGo5000
    Thoich5000
  • edited September 2016

Sky High Roller satellites continue today, with £10.50 affairs at 1730, 1830 & 1930. These have THREE seats Guaranteed into the semi final. 

The Semi Final at 20.30 tonight has FOUR seats guaranteed into the target event on Tuesday.
  • edited September 2016

Please note this does NOT replace the weekly Super Roller, which will run as normal at 8pm this evening.  

Please note it carries a £15,000 Guarantee (so needing 150 runners) & I don't recall it getting that many since last winter. At the moment it has just 19 runners.

oioi

• edited September 2016

9 players are now in tomorrow's £220 Sky High Roller, being these 8, plus Brrrrrrr who won his seat in a Forum Comp & who will appear in the lobby later today.

dixo645000
    Essexphil5000
    Garojh5000
    InsWinHere5000
    NChanning5000
    SoLack5000
    StayOrGo5000
    Thoich5000
  • edited September 2016

Satellites continue today & tomorrow.
  • edited September 2016

As of now, there are 15 confirmed entries, with another (Brrrrrr)due to be registered today by Sky Poker, so that's 16.

Here's the fab fifteen.....

boulton0165000
    dixo645000
    Essexphil5000
    Garojh5000
    InsWinHere5000
    Limp2Lose5000
    MikeyW945000
    NChanning5000
    Picklechop5000
    powRplay5000
    SoLack5000
    StayOrGo5000
    Thoich5000
    xxxxxxc5000
  • edited September 2016

If you fancy a crack at this, here's the satellite schedule for today.....

£10.50 feeders, 1 in 5 go through, 3 seats guaranteed, @ 1730 & 1830

£44 Sky High Roller Semi Final, 1 in 5 qualify, 4 seats Guaranteed, @ 1930.

£2.40
    Frenzy's, (REBUY), 1 seat guaranteed, @ 1945, 2015 & 2045.

£2.30
    All-Ins, 1 seat guaranteed, @ 2045, 2050 & 2055.

• edited September 2016
    If you fancy a crack at this, here's the satellite schedule for today..... £10.50 feeders, 1 in 5 go through, 3 seats guaranteed, @ 1730 & 1830 £44 Sky High Roller Semi Final, 1 in 5 qualify, 4 seats Guaranteed, @ 1930.   £2.40 Frenzy's, (REBUY), 1 seat guaranteed, @ 1945, 2015 & 2045.   £2.30 All-Ins, 1 seat guaranteed, @ 2045, 2050 & 2055 .   
    Posted by Tikay10

Afternoon Tikay. Will these be added later to the lobby, as they are not there yet? 
     It would be nice if these were restricted to players not already in the target tournament, but I know that will never be enforced here. It was ironic that a player concerned about numbers for this, took the cash in the one semi I managed to sat into so far.....however, I best not open that can of worms ;)

• edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Hi, Sky High : Afternoon Tikay. Will these be added later to the lobby, as they are not there yet?   It would be nice if these were restricted to players not already in the target tournament, but I know that will never be enforced here. It was ironic that a player concerned about numbers for this, took the cash in the one semi I managed to sat into so far.....however, I best not open that can of worms ;)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    No can of worms
    He's perfectly entitled to do that
  • edited September 2016

^^^^

(In reply to Alan).

I assume they will be added Alan, but good spot, & I'll mention it to Upstairs.

• edited September 2016

Thank you Tikay.
  • edited September 2016
    Thank you Tikay.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    They are now in the Lobby Alan, thanks for the nudge.

I believe they will appear in the Highlighted section at the top one hour prior, too.
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Hi, Sky High : Afternoon Tikay. Will these be added later to the lobby, as they are not there yet?   It would be nice if these were restricted to players not already in the target tournament, but I know that will never be enforced here.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    I know you're not someone whose mind I'm likely to change on this matter any time soon. But for others, that sounds like a brilliant way to kill satellites at any meaningful stake.

Banning players who are already in the target tournament reduces the number of players registering for the satellite. This in turn reduces the number of seats available, which reduces the number of players who bother to register the satellite, and you end up with a neverending downward spiral that will eventually result in the satellite being cancelled altogether, and that damage will only flow up the satellite pyramid and destroy guarantees in target tournaments, too.

Love them or hate them, satellite grinders do form an important part of the liquidity in satellites, particularly as they're often the first to register (Usually just go through and register everything they want to play at the start of a tournament schedule), so recreational players are also more likely to not just scroll past the tournament with zero runners which they would be far more likely to do otherwise - No recreational player wants to be the first one to reg a satellite an hour before it starts and have no idea if the game is even going to run - so they account for more than just themselves in terms of their contribution to the prize pool, rake, etc.

Yes, there IS sometimes a place for satellites being restricted to prevent people taking the cash value of a prize, but it's certainly not online MTTs that feed into another online MTT. When we're talking about Vegas/Punta Cana packages, for instance, there's far more reason to cut down on people grinding the satellites into a £500 - £1k BI final.

But in this case, it's not like these people that can grind these tournaments are winning their £220 from the target tournament and snap withdrawing that cash - They're still playing SOMETHING with that money, so even if they're not playing the target tournament, they're not a drain on the site's overall liquidity, either.
  • edited September 2016

Just the 76 runners & a £15,200 Prize Pool, then.
  • edited September 2016

Really good event. I was pretty surprised that the numbers were so good...I sort of thought it would stagger over 40...maybe hit 46.

Some discussion on our table about getting more chips...personally I think it will finish late enough on what is a school night for most players and doubling to 10,000 and then knocking time off just makes it more random at the end when the big prizes are being played for.

We were also talking about the tournament running once a week and maybe the guarantee being £10,000 and I even asked if people thought there are enough people that would play a £500 once a month.

Somebody else suggested sit n go satellites would really help numbers. If anyone has any suggestions or thoughts on any of those things this is a good place for that sort of thing.
  • edited September 2016

Final Table, with blinds at 1,500-3,000;

TAPSOLAP88832
    SenorBegs86447.50
    belsibub76483.50
    mkgunner56700
    Max_Bear44689.25
    Granite8926847.75
  • edited September 2016
    Final Table, with blinds at 1,500-3,000;   TAPSOLAP 88832 SenorBegs 86447.50 belsibub 76483.50 mkgunner 56700 Max_Bear 44689.25 Granite89 26847.75
    Posted by Tikay10

Great tournament. Routing for Granite89, he's a great lad!

Sent you a PM TK. Thought the structure was great. Possibly even better with a 10K starting stack. Still think it would be finished by 2.00am, 3am latest even with 10K.

It's all over, as I write this.

But I'll let TK update you, as I am sure he'd love to do so.

FANTASTIC addition to the schedule TK, James and all the Sky team involved with it!

Cheers,

G
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Hi, Sky High : Great tournament. Routing for Granite89, he's a great lad! Sent you a PM TK. Thought the structure was great. Possibly even better with a 10K starting stack. Still think it would be finished by 2.00am, 3am latest. It's all over, as I write this. But I'll let TK update you, as I am sure he'd love to do so. FANTASTIC addition to the schedule TK, James and all the Sky team involved with it! Cheers, G
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Well the money headed north, to Doncaster of all places, to the waiting hands of Granite 89.

My plan is to write a Blog about the Tourney & send it across to Leeds by first thing in the morning. Not sure if they will publish it, if not, I'll publish it here.

I think the final situation was as follows.....

Granite89 = £4,408

TAPSOLAP = £2,999

Max_Bear = £1,786

belsibub = £1,444

mkgunner = £1,178

SenorBegs = £988

powRplay = £836

StayOrGo = £684

stack_u = £532

MUZOWNED = £456

• edited September 2016

And with that, it's goodnight from him.

• edited September 2016
    And with that, it's goodnight from him.    
    Posted by Tikay10

And goodnight from me, goodnight :=)
  • edited September 2016
    Well played all. Was sparko at 8 pm so missed it.
  • edited September 2016

Delighted that 2 of our Forum Fun comp winners made the Final Table, finishing 4th & 5th for a combined sum in excess of £2,600. Pretty decent return from a complete Freeroll, & we all had a bit of fun along the way.

That'll do nicely.  
  • edited September 2016

RESULTS

last night's result from the £220 Sky High Roller ...

www.PokerSuperHero.com/latest

• edited September 2016
    Great result for the comp winners :) congrats!!
  • edited September 2016
    WP to all congrats