You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Mission MTT

edited October 2016 in Poker Chat

Mission MTT is a Promo aimed ONLY at MTT players, & commences THIS FRIDAY (30th September).

All the waffle & gubbins is
HERE

Comments

• edited September 2016

Any question fire away, & good luck if you plan to be a Sky Poker Missionary.
  • edited September 2016

.......but what about us cash players?! ;)

How will you be able to tally points earned just through tournaments? If playing other formats, will you just have to 'guestimate' your own weekly total? How long are the tokens valid for once awarded?

PS. I like this promotion.
  • edited September 2016
    in..tourny tokens valid untill 31st oct
    31/10/2016SkyPoker Tournaments All Poker MTT's and STT's
    £0.00    im guessing this Al as there is no monetery value atm
  • edited September 2016
    I PUT MISSION IN PROMOTIONS IT WAS ACCEPTED BUT NO OPTION OF HOW T0 PICK WHICH LEVEL APPEARED
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: MTT Mission:
    I PUT MISSION IN PROMOTIONS IT WAS ACCEPTED BUT NO OPTION OF HOW T0 PICK WHICH LEVEL APPEARED
    Posted by dumb_blond
    i know it says choose DB BUT I THINK YOU JUST HAVE TO AIM FOR ANY OF THE TARGETS DUCK go for it at your own leisure
  • edited September 2016
    Posted by dumb_blond

Hi DB,

You don't need to choose. Just opt in, job done.

You are now a Missionary.
  • edited September 2016
    ....... but what about us cash players?! ;) How will you be able to tally points earned just through tournaments? If playing other formats, will you just have to 'guestimate' your own weekly total? How long are the tokens valid for once awarded? PS. I like this promotion.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Will reply to this later, Alan.
  • edited September 2016
    in..tourny tokens valid untill 31st oct 31/10/2016 SkyPoker Tournaments All Poker MTT's and STT's £0.00    im guessing this Al as there is no monetery value atm
    Posted by stokefc

Cheers Sean, could'nt see anything in the blurb. Stoke will be mid table by then ;)
  • edited September 2016
    But what about us MTT players , what is in it for us, oh wait its a promo for mtt, now the mtts moaners cant complain :D (or will they)

• edited September 2016
    ....... but what about us cash players?! ;) How will you be able to tally points earned just through tournaments? If playing other formats, will you just have to 'guestimate' your own weekly total? How long are the tokens valid for once awarded? PS. I like this promotion.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    +1
  • edited September 2016
    Any question fire away, & good luck if you plan to be a Sky Poker Missionary .
    Posted by Tikay10
    A quick question I plan to try the satellite route to get my points if one runs with six players or less does this still count as an MTT 
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: MTT Mission : A quick question I plan to try the satellite route to get my points if one runs with six players or less does this still count as an MTT 
    Posted by weecheez1
    yes

• edited September 2016
    ....... but what about us cash players?! ;)How will you be able to tally points earned just through tournaments? If playing other formats, will you just have to 'guestimate' your own weekly total? How long are the tokens valid for once awarded? PS. I like this promotion.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Hi Alan,

If by "you" (as in the player) I guess you just need to keep track of the MTT's you play, which I would have thought you do anyway, & is fairly straightforward.

If by "you" you mean Sky Poker, it's simple for them, it's just a line of software & they will know exactly how many MTT's you have played. You can rely on them, too, folks like James, Kirsty & Mark never make mistakes & are utterly reliable. Sam sometimes gets involved too.
  • edited September 2016

Just to clear up some confusion, as 1 or 2 have asked here, & I was asked by several others last night here & elsewhere.

All you need to do is...

1) Opt In, by using the code MISSION

2) Play as many MTT's as you are able. 

That's it.

By "Targets", what is meant is that each week the "Targets" may (or may not) change.

"Target" is really the amount of points you need to earn to get a TT (Tournament Token).

So, in Week 1.....

50 points gets you a £5 TT

250 points gets you a £10 TT

500 points gets you a £20 TT

Just to be clear, if you achieve 500 points, you ONLY get the £20 TT, not all three. Equally, if you achieve 250 points, you ONLY get the £10 TT, not both. 

Any questions, fire away. All questions here will be answered. Unforch, when I'm playing 5 or 6 tables in the evening, I can't always reply, for which I apologise.

• edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: MTT Mission : Hi Alan, If by "you" (as in the player) I guess you just need to keep track of the MTT's you play, which I would have thought you do anyway, & is fairly straightforward. If by "you" you mean Sky Poker, it's simple for them, it's just a line of software & they will know exactly how many MTT's you have played. You can rely on them, too, folks like James, Kirsty & Mark never make mistakes & are utterly reliable. Sam sometimes gets involved too.
    Posted by Tikay10

Thanks for the reply Tikay. Yes, I always keep tabs of games played and money lost/sometimes won, but never 'points earned'. I will attempt to keep track now, starting tomorrow, and see how I go.
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: MTT Mission : Thanks for the reply Tikay. Yes, I always keep tabs of games played and money lost/sometimes won, but never 'points earned'. I will attempt to keep track now, starting tomorrow, and see how I go.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Well I'm assuming it works the same as SNG's, in that, say, a Tenner SNG gives me 10 points, & so on.

I am a bit OCD with keeping track of how many games I play, & use several systems, including a pen & paper.

My fave system involves poker chips though. I have an old "chip set", & I nominate a colour of chip for each game I play at a certain price point. (Say, yellow for £3, pink for £5, Blue for £10, White for £15 etc).

As I play each game, I add one chip of the correct colour to the day's stack. At the end of the session, I have a nice easy to see reference point of how many I have played, & at what price point. I play 30 games per session usually, so it's a nice easy system to help keep track as I go along. Those who play DYM's can even create 2 stacks - 1 for games won, the other for games lost, so we can see at a glance if we are ahead or behind. 

Daft, I know. I'll get me coat.

• edited September 2016
    Would be handy if the MTT tokens were valid until at least the end of UKOPS, maybe that is already the case, but as earlier post says nothing in the blurb to say.
  • edited September 2016
    Would be handy if the MTT tokens were valid until at least the end of UKOPS, maybe that is already the case, but as earlier post says nothing in the blurb to say.
    Posted by Phantom66
    I just realised, Alan asked a similar question.

I don't know the answer yet, but I will very shortly, & I'll let you know.
  • edited September 2016

I just heard back from a VSS.

These Tournament Tokens will be issued on the Friday (after the Mission MTT week concludes at Midnight on Thursday) & will be valid for ONE WEEK.

• edited September 2016
    I just heard back from a VSS. These Tournament Tokens will be issued on the Friday (after the Mission MTT week concludes at Midnight on Thursday) & will be valid for ONE WEEK .  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks and I think I understand the reasoning if there is a promotional push to the wider world to try the new MTT schedule.

Like I said it would have been handy (for me) to save them up for longer and a bigger event but no big deal.

If I do earn one of these I might have a follow up question on how to use different valued tokens most efficiently but I'll cross that bridge if I come to it.
  • edited September 2016

Reminder, MISSION MTT starts TODAY (Friday).

Tournament Tokens won in the coming week (which ends at midnight next Thursday) will be credited to you next Friday.

Good luck.

• edited September 2016
    Hi Tikay, 
    I have tried the code and its saying its not accepted? 
    Could you have alook into this please as seems to be happpening a few times when it comes to putting in promo codes on my account? 

Thanks 
    Claire 
  • edited September 2016
    Me too, doesnt work
  • edited September 2016

^^^^

Hi Clare, & ARROGANT.

Not sure why that is, I just tested it myself, & got this message:

"Promotional code ‘MISSION’ has been accepted.

If the offers section below does not automatically update, click on the Promotions tab above to refresh the screen."

Has anyone else entered their code, & has it accepted it OK?

• edited September 2016
    accepted mine ok
  • edited September 2016
    Wouldn't accept it this morning but tried again just now and was accepted
  • edited September 2016
    Love this promotion. Free money, what's not to like .
  • edited September 2016
    Tried again this evening and working now :)
    Thanks to whoever fixed it
  • edited September 2016
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: MTT Mission : Well I'm assuming it works the same as SNG's, in that, say, a Tenner SNG gives me 10 points, & so on. I am a bit OCD with keeping track of how many games I play, & use several systems, including a pen & paper. My fave system involves poker chips though. I have an old "chip set", & I nominate a colour of chip for each game I play at a certain price point. (Say, yellow for £3, pink for £5, Blue for £10, White for £15 etc). As I play each game, I add one chip of the correct colour to the day's stack. At the end of the session, I have a nice easy to see reference point of how many I have played, & at what price point. I play 30 games per session usually, so it's a nice easy system to help keep track as I go along. Those who play DYM's can even create 2 stacks - 1 for games won, the other for games lost, so we can see at a glance if we are ahead or behind.  Daft, I know. I'll get me coat.     
    Posted by Tikay10

Hi Tikay. I started noting down 'points' earned tonight and found an anomaly (I think) Played the £1K super quick game, buy in was £20 + 1  Tournament id was 
    Tournament ID: 30495186.
    On my exit, it stated I was awarded 10 poker points. Error?