You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TP-YipeeYappee Challenge

edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
Recently as 1 of the Total Players who will be playing in the next round, I have received an email from sky with certain challenges for Bootcamp Phase 2. One of these is to play more cash. I just want to issue a challenge to all fellow Total Players. I WANT TO PLAY YOU HU. I'll be sitting and i'll be waiting on the nights Phase 2 begins.

Regards and gl on the tables yipeeyappee aka TPYipeeYappee

Comments

• edited February 2010
    i think ur head is a little too big at the mo, imo. i am no total player but i am calling you out! saturday night, lets av it, oh a few conditions (hit n run boy) 50/1 x6 tables for 3/4 hrs, no standing, no sitting out when you double up.  i will be on 6-8 tables from 8pm so come get some.  sparce is always sat at the 2k hu table go an av a go.
  • edited February 2010

Firstly, this was a total player challenge, I don't believe your a total player. Nevertheless I accept your challenge if i'm free, unlike you I don't know my saturday night plans. As to your stipulations, £1/2plz and 3 tables, and if i think you are limited value or my game is off, i will quit. I don't need to enter into some 3 hour grudge match if it will be -ev for me.
    Sparce is a total player and as per the original post can accept or decline.

gl

• edited February 2010
    6-8 tables hu?, are u sure freechips. nowt to do with me but ive never seen u play hu. looks like this is what he means
  • edited February 2010
    i thought i was clear, but obv not so here goes. i will play you on the followin t&c.
    1, min of 3 hours play. (so you cant hit n run or answer the door) but will play longer if you want
    2, we play 6x 50/1 tables (6handed)
    3, if you stand early, you quit total player
    these r my t&c if you dont wanna take me up then i have no beef, but seriously stop it with the big head, ur gonna pee a few people off. its no grudge match i wanna show you your not as good as you think you r. all the best jimmy.
  • edited February 2010
    I would take this challenge....but obviously with the hit n run reputation, it wont be possible
  • edited February 2010
    thats it moo, i want 3 hours over 6 tables, the prize for total player is tourny entry in a mtt you cant stand after 20 mins in a mtt so he might wanna prove himself.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: TP-YipeeYappee Challenge:
    I would take this challenge....but obviously with the hit n run reputation, it wont be possible
    Posted by Cowgomoo
    you wouldnt have time anyway.  you should be busy writing your strategy manual
  • edited February 2010
    OMG, Some of you guys are struggling with this big time. Cowgomoo, like I said to Freechips, this was a total player challenge. I don't believe your a total player and that is the reason you won't be able to accept the challenge.
    Freechips, you challenged me to a game presumably with terms and conditions which put you in your element. If we do 6 tables of hu, it won't be on sky. Right now, I'm only playing on my laptop which struggles at the best of times with 4. It will be a grudge match as you've stated above you think my head is to big and effectively, you want to teach me a lesson. I've stated the terms and conditions for me, I couldn't care either way if you accept or decline, if you need to wait a year before you build your bankroll to play me at 1/2 then that is your perogative.
  • edited February 2010
    OMG, Some of you guys are struggling with this big time. Cowgomoo, like I said to Freechips, this was a total player challenge. I don't believe your a total player and that is the reason you won't be able to accept the challenge. Freechips, you challenged me to a game presumably with terms and conditions which put you in your element. If we do 6 tables of hu, it won't be on sky. Right now, I'm only playing on my laptop which struggles at the best of times with 4. It will be a grudge match as you've stated above you think my head is to big and effectively, you want to teach me a lesson. I've stated the terms and conditions for me, I couldn't care either way if you accept or decline, if you need to wait a year before you build your bankroll to play me at 1/2 then that is your perogative.
    Posted by YIPEEYAPEE

You'll have to explain to me why u r only challenging TPers
  • edited February 2010

6 HU tables is too much on any site IMO, but impossible to do properly on Sky given no timebank / short decision clock.

• edited February 2010
    6 HU tables is too much on any site IMO, but impossible to do properly on Sky given no timebank / short decision clock.
    Posted by jakally
    That's my point, it's a challenge to the total players as I want to prove myself to the sky community and what better way to do it than playing them, if any of them are prepared to take me on that is.
  • edited February 2010
    I'd love too! but I don't think my £250 roll is gonna cut it somehow poor BRM and all that.. :-(! 
    Ah well maybe next phase (If me and you both get through!), I'm sure Sparce will be interested he has the biggest roll for this stage and has plenty of gamble in him!
  • edited February 2010
    Yippee, What level of HU are you proposing to play on your TP account? surely anything above 50nl is incredibly poor BR management even at 100 nl you will be risking a quarter of your BR with 2 rooms? If however you are proposing 50 nl then I will be happy to play you maybe 1 out of the 3 evenings, BR dependant, and obviously we have the sng and mtt criteria to meet, so I will be focusing on taking these down 1st. I still dont quite understand exactly what you are trying to achieve here by trying to prove yourself to the community? Prove youself as what, a Total Player? or a HU player, even if you win these HU matches vs your fellow TPers this hardly indicates a Total player, but thats just my opinion and nevertheless I will still join you one evening I am sure.
  • edited February 2010
    This is getting very boring now!! ZZZZZZZZZZZ

Why would you need to prove yourself as a Total player now!!!!! You have beaten 1000's of people already to get this far.  Surely it's ED you need to impress not the community, all your doing is annoying people and making yourself look very silly ( IMO )... You want to prove yourself then I suggest a 10000 chip tourney with a  15 minute clock for say a £500 buy in.. This competition isn't about playing X amount of HU tables, it's about your over all game, to be honest I would concentrate on that!!!!

Rant over cause this post is ridiculous.

GB
  • edited February 2010
    Am I included in this as a former Total Player? You're trying to figure out who the best player is via your challenge? I can help you out. It isn't you. And you're certainly not the best HU player. Just get on with the challenge and stop making a scene. Please.

Somone playing you will be interesting to watch...then again the phone might be ringing or the pizza man might be at the door and we will never get to find out who is the best...

All the best

Browndog
  • edited February 2010
    BrownnDog, your right you are no longer a total player, so the post isn't aimed at you. Sparce is, and he has plenty of gamble so maybe he'll take me up on the challenge. Of course when the time comes I'll destroy the stt's hopefully run good and win an mtt. But cash was also part of it so I am simply challenging any player still in the competition to hu. It does'nt surprise me one of the contestants tried to rubbish my challenge, simply put he fears me and won't play me. Next time he might consider replying to a thread like this which issues a challenge, with
    'Sorry, I won't take you up on the challenge, gl in the competition' I would say 'No problem, gl to you'

PS We have all come far in this competition. I want to win, so I want to play the others, and destroy the others 1 v 1, many consider this the purest form of poker. This will further prove me as the baddest s o b in the west.
  • edited February 2010
    BrownnDog, your right you are no longer a total player, so the post isn't aimed at you. Sparce is, and he has plenty of gamble so maybe he'll take me up on the challenge. Of course when the time comes I'll destroy the stt's hopefully run good and win an mtt. But cash was also part of it so I am simply challenging any player still in the competition to hu. It does'nt surprise me one of the contestants tried to rubbish my challenge, simply put he fears me and won't play me. Next time he might consider replying to a thread like this which issues a challenge, with 'Sorry, I won't take you up on the challenge, gl in the competition' I would say 'No problem, gl to you' PS We have all come far in this competition. I want to win, so I want to play the others, and destroy the others 1 v 1, many consider this the purest form of poker. This will further prove me as the baddest s o b in the west.
    Posted by YIPEEYAPEE
    This challenge is flawed in so many ways I dont know where to begin. So perhaps I wont bother, for now.
  • edited February 2010

You can't make a comment like that and not follow it up?

• edited February 2010
    I'm going to add something to this whole "Challenge".

The problem is yippee you come on here offering everyone HU but then you make sure you leave yourself a 'get out of jail free card'. You have said it on another thread before "I will play you but if I think you are better than me I will quit"...

Whats the point in issuing a statement like that with this offer. You either offer the players the match and play till the death or you don't bother at all. The problem you are going to have is their are players in this competition that will be better than you and others who wont. What your basically saying is you will battle to the death with the people you are better than which makes this whole proposal pointless. 

GL in Total Player and with this whole HU challenge or whatever you wanna call it.
  • edited February 2010
    *Pop*

Think that was the sounds of YY's chances of winning the TP gone out the window via immature, childish, my dad's bigger than your dad nonsense, that, whilst possibly feeding his own ego, hasn't eactly endeared himself to the very people who are going to vote at the end of the challenge!

Oh well!

---

Oh, and I think these 2 quotes have to be the best I've ever seeen;

"I just want to issue a challenge to all fellow Total Players"

"
    my game is off, i will quit. I don't need to enter into some 3 hour grudge match if it will be -ev for me"

---

And for a final bit of ostentation, what a way to sign off ...

"yipeeyappee aka TPYipeeYappee"

Dear me! Sorry if this may come across as a bit "vendetta-ish", but it just seems like really bad form, and such egocentric behaviour that I felt I had to reply.

• edited February 2010
    yappeyippee or whatever your name is, you have come on the scene recently and were lucky to get yourself into total player, then you go offering some redic heads up challenge when everyone knows that you are a hit n runner, why would they play you.... if i were you i would have kept quiet and played the challenges to show your mentor what you can do, not brag about being a total player and offering heads up matches out of the tp bankroll.......

• edited February 2010
    u should think yourslef lucky yipee yapppee theres a lot better players on here then u not had the chance to be a tp so stop haveing delusions of granduer
  • edited February 2010

I'm not a high stakes player, nor have I ever played YY (obv.) or seen him play before, but he seems to be getting a really hard time here.

I don't see why he's getting such stick over this? If u think he does this whole hit n run thing, or whatever it is the problem is, just say no? - Y all the bitter replies? 

U guys obv play and talk to eachother all the time, and seem to have all agreed you dont like this guy/his play/his attitude whatever, it wud be easier to just say no, or ignore it altogether? no?

Feeling abit sorry for the guy now, cant see what he's done wrong.

DOHH

• edited February 2010

Very mature.

Never even spoken to the guy.

Bully
  • edited February 2010
    i have had to remove a few posts from this thread. please keep all posts inline with the community house rules.

the_gibb please check your PMs.

thank you
  • edited February 2010

Course I am, explain how I would benefit, y am I talking to you? I remember I came across you in a chatbox once before, at NL50, obviously you came to stick your nose in and have a go then too, as you're far too good and rich to be playing there. Do you enjoy doing stuff like this? 

How on earth can I benefit from "backing" him? 

(If u read back Im not defending him, I dnt even no the guy, he's done well to get into the top 9, as have the others, hes wrote a perfectly reasonable post, as Will did before he dropped out, and hes been crucified for it)

Why? 

2 questions for ya there m8

DOHH
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to TP-YipeeYappee Challenge:
    Recently as 1 of the Total Players who will be playing in the next round, I have received an email from sky with certain challenges for Bootcamp Phase 2. One of these is to play more cash. I just want to issue a challenge to all fellow Total Players. I WANT TO PLAY YOU HU. I'll be sitting and i'll be waiting on the nights Phase 2 begins. Regards and gl on the tables yipeeyappee aka TPYipeeYappee
    Posted by YIPEEYAPEE
    Great post Mr yippee(very)yappee. Definitely one from the Stu Ungar school of poker. I'm really looking forward to seeing the next stage on the tables.
  • edited February 2010
    ok a few points, 
    james -  this is total player and is different, the challenge stands versus all aslong as my bankroll stands. I don't fear anyone and will play anyone, I'm not trying to avoid anyone, I will play anyone in the competition. I hope that is clear. I won't quit, I'll play until I have all their money or they have mine or they quit me.

Springs - You've taken a caption which was in response to freechips. He is not a total payer. Thus your whole point is unavoidably void. Please go back, reread the whole forum, and see the error of your ways. 

the gibb - I wasn't lucky to get in. I proved myself with results and hand ownage. And it's not yappeeyippee, its's yipeeyappee.

Scrumdown - your entitled to your opinion, but I think your post possibly belongs in another thread, not this one.

gl all, yipeeyappee aka TPYipeeyappee :)
  • edited February 2010

I will watch out for you tonight YipeeYappee. I think your over confidence is funny but necessary.

To be the best at anything i suppose you have to believe that you are in order to squash the others.

However, it is a win win situation for me because if i see you skin anyone i will laugh my head off and if you get skinned i will still laugh my head off. I feel like either will be justice.

aaaah happy days.