You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TP-YipeeYappee Challenge

Comments

• edited February 2010

just read through this thread and it makes for very interesting reading. yippe u r obviously one of the very best players on the site, as your TP status would suggest, but like springs says the eventual winner of TP will be voted for by the members of the sky community, so it doesnt seem to make sense to lose your temper or wind them up? i do however have to agree with what dohh said, u issued this challenge to TP ers and therefore would like to just play TP ers heads up.  im sitting on the fence big style here!!!! lol.  i think the point im trying to make is let your game do the talking and then maybe u'll make more friends on the forum and stand  greater chance of winning the fantatsic prize!!!

• edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: TP-YipeeYappee Challenge:
    just read through this thread and it makes for very interesting reading. yippe u r obviously one of the very best players on the site, as your TP status would suggest, but like springs says the eventual winner of TP will be voted for by the members of the sky community, so it doesnt seem to make sense to lose your temper or wind them up? i do however have to agree with what dohh said, u issued this challenge to TP ers and therefore would like to just play TP ers heads up.  im sitting on the fence big style here!!!! lol.  i think the point im trying to make is let your game do the talking and then maybe u'll make more friends on the forum and stand  greater chance of winning the fantatsic prize!!!
    Posted by agboy

Good post agboy,

this is my post [c and peed] under the heading PTP tonight ,it is more relevant to this discussion.

PTP TONIGHT....

Is a massive undercard to tonights main event, I too cannot wait for the 10pm reveal by "THE AMERICAN" , Mr Tuchman good luck Sir.

If time appears to stand still in anticipation of 10pm please come and join me on the tables from 7pm.  go to "find a player"  input Ed Gid,

So Yippee has certainly sent out a message, this is my take on it....[Check forum post-re. yippee if you haven't seen]

If we all had the initial reactions of DOHX6 the world would be a beautiful place, but we haven't so let me try and explain Yippee's opening gambit that appears brash.  Firstly he is Scottish. 

Secondly, his brief for Bootcamp Phase II is to play more cash games against the other Total Players.  He started this thread with all good intention of some friendly banter which unfortunately, as can so often happen when you don't have the benefit of face-to-face expression, has led to a misinterpretation of his message.

I can understand how some of Yippe's subsequent posts have aggravated some of you, they have aggravated me too!  But he was only reacting to the negativity from everyone bar DOHX6, he had good intentions I promise !
  • edited February 2010
    i think he wants to be careful wat he wishes for as he will be taken on by a player who has nothing to prove but he or her is better than yooow
  • edited February 2010
    Airwalker, it won't be for a while, i think later on in february, but i'll be doing my damndest to impress and not look stupid. aagboy, thanks for the compliment, and to clarify, I really didn't want to offend anyone, and yes maybe it's because I'm scottish Ed :p
  • edited February 2010
    lol, im sure its nothing to do with the scotishness, despite the rugby result today, but good luck to you and im sure u will win over the forum in time and have a real good run at this!!! im not sure how the voting works, but i for sure will be voting for who i think is the best player!!! (assuming i get a vote) haha!
  • edited February 2010
    4get it now cus u aint 1 lmao
  • edited February 2010
    A part of poker is bravado and front and I think YippeeYappee has bags of that; and it is one of the things that has made him one of the most interesting finds in the first phase of bootcamp for me.  I'm intrigued to see how he'll do in the next phase and I personally wouldn't read too much into this post.  As with any play, sometimes the move works and sometimes it backfires.  However, it can be entertaining to watch - and that's what a lot of players/viewers/voters outside of the remaining 9 are looking for now. 
  • edited February 2010
    A part of poker is bravado and front and I think YippeeYappee has bags of that; and it is one of the things that has made him one of the most interesting finds in the first phase of bootcamp for me.  I'm intrigued to see how he'll do in the next phase and I personally wouldn't read too much into this post.  As with any play, sometimes the move works and sometimes it backfires.  However, it can be entertaining to watch - and that's what a lot of players/viewers/voters outside of the remaining 9 are looking for now. 
    Posted by Sky_Des
    My god DES i cant believe your working at this time of night on a saturday, you wouldnt see my boss from friday to monday lol, dont know weather thats a good thing lol
  • edited February 2010
    lol loony, I'm not working, i'm a player and fan of TP just like all of you guys.  All of the team at Sky Poker are.  It's got to be the best job and bunch of people to work with ever.
  • edited February 2010
    lol loony, I'm not working, i'm a player and fan of TP just like all of you guys.  All of the team at Sky Poker are.  It's got to be the best job and bunch of people to work with ever.
    Posted by Sky_Des
    Does that include Orford lool
  • edited February 2010
    lol yes, Orford included - even with his additional taxi expenses ;)
  • edited February 2010
    ok a few points,  james -  this is total player and is different, the challenge stands versus all aslong as my bankroll stands. I don't fear anyone and will play anyone, I'm not trying to avoid anyone, I will play anyone in the competition. I hope that is clear. I won't quit, I'll play until I have all their money or they have mine or they quit me. yipeeyappee aka TPYipeeyappee :)
    Posted by YIPEEYAPEE

There you go dude Sparce has accepted in the main TP thread! 
    I'm not having a go at you, I'm just saying you always have said if someone is better or your off your game you will quit them. Just seems pointless posting this if your not going to battle till the death. I don't understand why dohhh has felt the need to defend you either, no one dislikes you?! It seems to be made a mountain out of a molehill. Once someone comes on here defending everyone it makes things appear into a witch hunt which it most definitely isn't! 

Me especially, I think fairplay and respect the fact you wanna play good players HU and prove to the community you are a worthy contender for the prize. Just play it out.. thats all I'm saying don't make excuses and I'll have no problems you making these post all the time. Like I said If I do well this stage and we both go through I'll happily play you with a bigger roll.

GL  

• edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: TP-YipeeYappee Challenge : There you go dude Sparce has accepted in the main TP thread!  I'm not having a go at you, I'm just saying you always have said if someone is better or your off your game you will quit them. Just seems pointless posting this if your not going to battle till the death. I don't understand why dohhh has felt the need to defend you either, no one dislikes you?! It seems to be made a mountain out of a molehill. Once someone comes on here defending everyone it makes things appear into a witch hunt which it most definitely isn't!  Me especially, I think fairplay and respect the fact you wanna play good players HU and prove to the community you are a worthy contender for the prize. Just play it out.. thats all I'm saying don't make excuses and I'll have no problems you making these post all the time. Like I said If I do well this stage and we both go through I'll happily play you with a bigger roll. GL  
    Posted by lJAMESl
    Because at the time he made the post, I was in the competition. Now, Im still in the competition. Believe it or not ;)

Thats why i read it. I decided to reply to it, as I thought the guy was getting a hard time unfairly, thats my opinion.

It clearly states in the title, "TP" so why most of these people are replying, nevermind having a go at the guy is beyond me.

Anyway looks like me u and YY will be seeing quite abit of eachother. Gl ;)

DOHH
  • edited February 2010
    Yes we most definitely will, GL with that ;)
  • edited February 2010
    It clearly states in the title, "TP" so why most of these people are replying ... is beyond me
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    So we're not allowed to be involved in the discussion?

I take it by that it means you don't want my / our (or as you so graciously put it, "these people") support / railing /vote at the end?
  • edited February 2010
    Course your allowed your opinion Springs just ignore that post - like I did! ;-)
  • edited February 2010

Bite ya tongue DOHH!

Springs, my comment, was in reference to the Discussion title, and the challenge itself. The discussion is a direct challenge aimed at TP'ers.

There are at least 3 peope who arent in the competition, who have offered to take up the challenge. One of whom, wanted to play a ring game. Non-TP'ers are of course, entitled to read and reply, but to accept the challenge? the title says it all.

DOHH
  • edited February 2010
    Total player is about the community coming together to choose a player to represent us at the World Series of Poker. All of the community is involved, so we all have the right to discuss and debate any issues that may arise. After all this competition has a democratic conclusion; it is up to the sky community, by the way of a vote, who ultimately wins. To say non Total Players cant get involved is not only ridiculous but also extremely elitist. 

James was right, If you come to the defence of somebody where it isn't necessary to do so, it gives the false impression that we were out to attack Yippee - something which simply isn't true. We ere simply just discussing the flaws in Yippee's challenge; which is our right to do so.

All the best

Lewis 
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to TP-YipeeYappee Challenge:
    Recently as 1 of the Total Players who will be playing in the next round, I have received an email from sky with certain challenges for Bootcamp Phase 2. One of these is to play more cash. I just want to issue a challenge to all fellow Total Players. I WANT TO PLAY YOU HU. I'll be sitting and i'll be waiting on the nights Phase 2 begins. Regards and gl on the tables yipeeyappee aka TPYipeeYappee
    Posted by YIPEEYAPEE

this is the 1st post on this thread by yipeeyappee !

am i missing something here where is the flaw in this challenge ?

can someone please highlight it ty !
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: TP-YipeeYappee Challenge : Good post agboy, this is my post [c and peed] under the heading PTP tonight ,it is more relevant to this discussion. PTP TONIGHT.... Is a massive undercard to tonights main event, I too cannot wait for the 10pm reveal by "THE AMERICAN" , Mr Tuchman good luck Sir. If time appears to stand still in anticipation of 10pm please come and join me on the tables from 7pm.  go to "find a player"  input Ed Gid, So Yippee has certainly sent out a message, this is my take on it....[Check forum post-re. yippee if you haven't seen] If we all had the initial reactions of DOHX6 the world would be a beautiful place, but we haven't so let me try and explain Yippee's opening gambit that appears brash.  Firstly he is Scottish.  Secondly, his brief for Bootcamp Phase II is to play more cash games against the other Total Players.  He started this thread with all good intention of some friendly banter which unfortunately, as can so often happen when you don't have the benefit of face-to-face expression, has led to a misinterpretation of his message. I can understand how some of Yippe's subsequent posts have aggravated some of you, they have aggravated me too!  But he was only reacting to the negativity from everyone bar DOHX6, he had good intentions I promise !
    Posted by EdGiddins
    i believe ed sums up this thread perfectly with above post .

gl to all total players !
  • edited February 2010
    hey all, Sparce has accepted, so looks like we could be going at it on night 1 of Bootcamp Phase2! I want to win this competition so badly i'll be really trying to bring my A game and I'm sure he will to, so sparks could fly,

James, I know what you mean and didn't think for 1 second you were beating on me. We have a pretty good online chat / forum relationship when we talk and I have a lot of respect for your game. I'd go as far to say, I think your top 5 on the site. With regard to history where I've stated I'd sit out if I felt a game was limited value, I agree for sure, but in this competition it's really different, as we have a limited bankroll with which to prove we should be the one who goes to vegas to represent the sky community. If we lose it, we lose it, but if we don't take risks we might not show people what we can do. To illustrate my point, some players in phase 1 made good profit in relation to the £500 starting bank roll, but are no longer with us. In real life if I never quit someone I risk my entire monetary wealth, (if I kept redepositing) I don't think I'm the worlds best poker player, so say I kept redpositing against Cole South, I'd probably eventually lose everything and I would successfully prove to myself that he's better than me. (I know this last point is debatable, and there's a good chance he'd might quit me after 1000 hands).

after rereading this before i hit post, it's inevitable someone will say sparce could fly, but that's unlikely so let me quash that right here,
  • edited February 2010

Lol, nice Post Mr Yipee, "sparce could fly", very good Sir!
  • edited February 2010
    hey all, Sparce has accepted, so looks like we could be going at it on night 1 of Bootcamp Phase2! I want to win this competition so badly i'll be really trying to bring my A game and I'm sure he will to, so sparks could fly, James, I know what you mean and didn't think for 1 second you were beating on me. We have a pretty good online chat / forum relationship when we talk and I have a lot of respect for your game. I'd go as far to say, I think your top 5 on the site. With regard to history where I've stated I'd sit out if I felt a game was limited value, I agree for sure, but in this competition it's really different, as we have a limited bankroll with which to prove we should be the one who goes to vegas to represent the sky community. If we lose it, we lose it, but if we don't take risks we might not show people what we can do. To illustrate my point, some players in phase 1 made good profit in relation to the £500 starting bank roll, but are no longer with us. In real life if I never quit someone I risk my entire monetary wealth, (if I kept redepositing) I don't think I'm the worlds best poker player, so say I kept redpositing against Cole South, I'd probably eventually lose everything and I would successfully prove to myself that he's better than me. (I know this last point is debatable, and there's a good chance he'd might quit me after 1000 hands). after rereading this before i hit post, it's inevitable someone will say sparce could fly, but that's unlikely so let me quash that right here,
    Posted by YIPEEYAPEE
    Cant see the debate in that.
  • edited February 2010
    YY what is the date of this HU match? ill definately be watching it!
  • edited February 2010
    it's either sunday 21 or monday 22nd, but the 1st day of bootcamp phase 2, We still don't know the exact dates.
  • edited February 2010
    Good explanation, Goodluck dude!
  • edited February 2010
    correct me if im wrong but didn't someone say somewhere on the TP thread that if you lose your bankroll, it doesn't necessarily mean your out of the running 
  • edited February 2010
    what is meant by sparce could fly?? as in leave?? I wont do that :) Look forward to playing u yippee. Respect for offering the challenge. Pokertainment at its finest :)

XXX
  • edited February 2010
    No m8, i said sparks could fly and then preempted the inevitable comment, plus didbn't mean leave. Also can we do an omaha hu table, so we got 2nl 1o, ?
  • edited February 2010
    sent u a pm yipee.
    Afraid not, i dont know omaha in the slightest. You would destroy me. Telling u now ur a much better omaha player than me :P