You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Crash bang wallop - last night's Sky High Roller review.

2»

Comments

• edited October 2016
    Well played Tommy. 

Im glad to have paid for your buy in from the cash tables yesterday afternoon haha. Least you to put it to good use.
  • edited October 2016
    Hahaaa great stuff Tikay.

Well done TommyD gg
  • edited October 2016
     Final Table Trivia – the combined ages of Sir_GaryStayOrGo & TommyD amount to 176, so with Tommy at 49, & Graham 48, that makes Gary 79 years old. And they say old blokes can’t play?

I think that makes me about 20 years younger than Tikay then. I hope you will all join me in wishing him well next year when he gets the telegram from the queen.
  • edited October 2016
    good write up Tikay and congrats to TommyD or "Tommy the Tank". Thats some profit esp. as it doesn,t count cash
  • edited October 2016

I really enjoy all of these write ups Tikay.  IMO this is one of a number of things that need to happen to keep pushing and marketing the new MTT schedule, especially in order to keep awareness, hype, interest and participation ongoing in particularly the non-bounty hunter MTTs.  But most importantly, it adds to the fun and engagement of poker, which is the sole reason 99% of people play the game.  Who doesn't want to be in one of these write ups and have their ego gently caressed while taking the odd friendly rib?  (49?  Behave Sir, behave).

Yes at times I am very blunt or even harsh on the odd thread.  But even when I posted regularly I only posted on a fraction of 'Sort it Out' Sky threads, as I would only be as blunt as I can be when I felt it really mattered and of course above all, criticise with respect and the goal of what is best for both the player pool and the business as I saw it.  For all of the faults, flaws, glitches and 'loading CM manager' that happens here, this site still is the closest, for me, in replicating the enjoyment and fun of the card schools.  That's real poker, because it's people.  And it's the best kind of poker there is.

Many thanks to everyone for the congratulations.  To be frank, my poker's been a joke for the last year.  I've still been ahead of the game but volume has been down and tilt's been up.  I've let some comments and some intentions get to me, which is all on me, not them, because I can't change how the world treats with me, I can only change how I handle the world.  I've been working on that, on poker and there is much work to be done still.

Thanks again, good luck everyone and most importantly, have fun.

• edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Crash bang wallop - last night's Sky High Roller review.:
    In Response to Re: Crash bang wallop - last night's Sky High Roller review. : Was this hand all-in pre? Or are we talking playing the street.There are a few hands here that should be kept and viewed by the bad beat moaners, or players who think going in ahead means the pot is theirs.This being a big tourney as well.
    Posted by chilling
    As I recall, all in pre, as Gaz was very short & in shove mode. ESTEROIDE plays a lot of high stakes HU games, & had plenty of chips at the time, &, given the circumstances, would recognize that Gaz would be pushing light.  
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Crash bang wallop - last night's Sky High Roller review.:
    I really enjoy all of these write ups Tikay.  IMO this is one of a number of things that need to happen to keep pushing and marketing the new MTT schedule, especially in order to keep awareness, hype, interest and participation ongoing in particularly the non-bounty hunter MTTs.  But most importantly, it adds to the fun and engagement of poker, which is the sole reason 99% of people play the game.  Who doesn't want to be in one of these write ups and have their ego gently caressed while taking the odd friendly rib?  (49?  Behave Sir, behave). Yes at times I am very blunt or even harsh on the odd thread.  But even when I posted regularly I only posted on a fraction of 'Sort it Out' Sky threads, as I would only be as blunt as I can be when I felt it really mattered and of course above all, criticise with respect and the goal of what is best for both the player pool and the business as I saw it.  For all of the faults, flaws, glitches and 'loading CM manager' that happens here, this site still is the closest, for me, in replicating the enjoyment and fun of the card schools.  That's real poker, because it's people.  And it's the best kind of poker there is. Many thanks to everyone for the congratulations.  To be frank, my poker's been a joke for the last year.  I've still been ahead of the game but volume has been down and tilt's been up.  I've let some comments and some intentions get to me, which is all on me, not them, because I can't change how the world treats with me, I can only change how I handle the world.  I've been working on that, on poker and there is much work to be done still. Thanks again, good luck everyone and most importantly, have fun.
    Posted by TommyD
    ZING, Tommy nails it, that's exactly the point, & why I try to name check as many players as possible, & try to add a little personal comment. And if I stick my elbow in someone's ribs with a little jibe, you can guarantee that I know the player well & we are on excellent terms. (See "HAYSIE the nutjob", who really is a nutjob, but a nice nutjob).

As long as I don't get in trouble with Upstairs, I plan to do these for most of UKOPS. I'll do Sky High whenever I'm not working, & may try the occasional Sunday Major. Personally, I think they'd be better as a Blog, but in some ways using the Forum is more convenient.

I definitely agree that the new Schedule does need a bit more noise, hence my excess of posts on the subject during the last 10 days. It's easy to forget, but this schedule had not been changed in yonks, & poker players are very much creatures of habit. Having said that, I'm going AWOL for 3 days starting at 0400 tomorrow, so peeps will be spared my drivel.  

"criticise with respect" - a good phrase, & one not demonstrated as often as we all might wish.

Anyway, best go, but I thought yours was a tremendous post, & a worthy win, even if you did run like Mrs God. Lord Luckbox indeed.   

• edited October 2016
                                                        TOMMY IS D MAN
  • edited October 2016
    Well done Mr D nice score.
  • edited October 2016
    Well done TommyD, definitely learnt a few things from you on the poker table, and top job Tikay do enjoy reading your write-ups (you the real MVP). :)
  • edited October 2016
    Cheers tikay for the post enjoyable read as always.

Congrats tommy d well played sir..

• edited October 2016
    Enjoyed reading this. WP Tikay... and TommyD too

Made me think about trying a satellite for one of these
  • edited October 2016
    Great FT all - wish I'd been online long enough to rail it and take some lessons at the same time.

Thanks for the write up Tikay - it's always a nice report you do on these things.

And CONGRATS Mr Tommy sir - much deserved I'm sure.  Good practice for the UKOPS High Roller I'd say......