You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£50,000 PRIORITY Premiership will run in November

Comments

• edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: £50,000 PRIORITY Premiership will run in November:
    In Response to Re: £50,000 PRIORITY Premiership will run in November : I've been lucky enough to make priority a fair few times in the last 2 years - but I've never received an email from priority until I've had to chase it each time (waiting for confirmation again this time).  A minor gripe I know - but it really shouldn't be so difficult for emails to be sent to people hitting the 10k points each month surely?  
    Posted by IrishRose
    Well you'd think so, Rose, but things are not always as easy as you may think, the whole database is very complex, & needs all sorts of adjustments to ensure the correct names are in or out. If it were that easy, it'd always be correct, but it's not. I've also done my best to communicate clearly & promptly in reply to everyone's issues.

Having said that, wrong is wrong, & it should not happen, so apologies. 

I honestly think the Prio Scheme here is excellent, very good indeed, so I hope this minor inconvenience does not detract from that.   

• edited November 2016
    UPDATE The issue of some players wrongly being omitted has now been addressed. It affected, I believe, around 20 players.   In each case, all the points they have earned since the start of the Promo will be honoured & backdated.   However, you will not see the corrected Leaderboard which reflects this until tomorrow (Friday). So please hang in there until tomorrow, after which everything should be tickity boo. If you have any queries after tomorrow's Leaderboard is published, then post accordingly. Thanks, & apologies.    
    Posted by Tikay10

Hi TK,

Were the 20 omitted all the newbies?

630 pts is probably about right, it was after midnight when I checked.

Disappointing that £693 worth of MTT buy ins, in one day, was not enough to get any points.

I'm sure you are correct, it's just it seems a big coincidence to be omitted and for it also not to be enough points.

But if you say 630 wasn't enough, I believe you, and accept that, although clearly it is unlikely I will get any points at all, as 630 points is a massive day for me, and I will now of course be competing against the triple point SNG and Cash boys.

Anyhow, like you say, there are other promotions potentially on the way, so perhaps some of them will be more MTT friendly.

Cheers,

G
  • edited November 2016
    You just missed the top 10 in league 1. 630 points was the 100th highest total of the day and most of those players are in this promotion. Why don't you try your hand at sit n gos during treble points? I'm sure you would be +ev.
  • edited November 2016
    You just missed the top 10 in league 1. 630 points was the 100th highest total of the day.

I probably was not anywhere near like Graham, I got 675 points so am probably much higher maybe 99th :-)
    As this equates to over £700 in buy ins in one day, I suspect this amount of money is out of reach of most people. And there is just not enough tournaments for a MTT player to get anywhere in this promotion. Unlike Graham I play S&G's as well, so in theory I have a bit more of a chance, but not that much to be honest as somedays I hardly play as I am busy doing other things.
    Still no email, flashing lights in the poker client, dancing girls etc. to let me know if I am in priority. If I hadn't happened to look and notice I had gone past the 10,000 points I would never had known.
  • edited November 2016
    You just missed the top 10 in league 1. 630 points was the 100th highest total of the day. I probably was not anywhere near like Graham, I got 675 points so am probably much higher maybe 99th :-) As this equates to over £700 in buy ins in one day, I suspect this amount of money is out of reach of most people. And there is just not enough tournaments for a MTT player to get anywhere in this promotion. Unlike Graham I play S&G's as well, so in theory I have a bit more of a chance, but not that much to be honest as somedays I hardly play as I am busy doing other things. Still no email, flashing lights in the poker client, dancing girls etc. to let me know if I am in priority. If I hadn't happened to look and notice I had gone past the 10,000 points I would never had known.
    Posted by Sir-Gary
    I just played MTTs and was in the top 10 in the championship so it is possible. 
  • edited November 2016
    You just missed the top 10 in league 1. 630 points was the 100th highest total of the day. I probably was not anywhere near like Graham, I got 675 points so am probably much higher maybe 99th :-) As this equates to over £700 in buy ins in one day, I suspect this amount of money is out of reach of most people. And there is just not enough tournaments for a MTT player to get anywhere in this promotion. Unlike Graham I play S&G's as well, so in theory I have a bit more of a chance, but not that much to be honest as somedays I hardly play as I am busy doing other things. Still no email, flashing lights in the poker client, dancing girls etc. to let me know if I am in priority. If I hadn't happened to look and notice I had gone past the 10,000 points I would never had known.
    Posted by Sir-Gary
    You may have misunderstood me. He was the 100th out of all players on the site, not the 100th in league 1.
  • edited November 2016
    Still no email, flashing lights in the poker client, dancing girls etc. to let me know if I am in priority. If I hadn't happened to look and notice I had gone past the 10,000 points I would never had known.
    Posted by Sir-Gary
    Apologies for moaning yet again - but what Sir Gary has put has really hit the nail on the head.  Without any email confirming priority status there is no way of knowing other than checking the points tally in the "my account section" for the month.  

• edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: £50,000 PRIORITY Premiership will run in November : I just played MTTs and was in the top 10 in the championship so it is possible. 
    Posted by MattBates

Looks like your League Choice was a good one Matt. GL
  • edited November 2016
    You just missed the top 10 in league 1. 630 points was the 100th highest total of the day and most of those players are in this promotion. Why don't you try your hand at sit n gos during treble points? I'm sure you would be +ev.
    Posted by Sky__James

Thanks for the suggestion James, I may just do that. :=)
  • edited November 2016
    Why haven't they updated the league ?
  • edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: £50,000 PRIORITY Premiership will run in November : Apologies for moaning yet again - but what Sir Gary has put has really hit the nail on the head.  Without any email confirming priority status there is no way of knowing other than checking the points tally in the "my account section" for the month.  
    Posted by IrishRose
    I agree that an email would be better Rose.

But with respect it's not really a big ask to check the points for yourself. I get bank statements but I also regularly check my balance for myself.

I think most people who look to make priority will be fully aware of their points and not just leave it to chance to see if they get there.
  • edited November 2016
    Posted by LB44
    I don't know, Liam, maybe they had some issues to sort today.

It will be updated tomorrow, for sure. 
  • edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: £50,000 PRIORITY Premiership will run in November : Apologies for moaning yet again - but what Sir Gary has put has really hit the nail on the head.  Without any email confirming priority status there is no way of knowing other than checking the points tally in the "my account section" for the month.  
    Posted by IrishRose
    Yes, understood Rose.

In my post at 12.21 today I did try to explain what had happoened, promised that it would be resolved, & apologised. I can't really do or say more than that.  
  • edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: £50,000 PRIORITY Premiership will run in November : Yes, understood Rose. In my post at 12.21 today I did try to explain what had happoened, promised that it would be resolved, & apologised. I can't really do or say more than that.  
    Posted by Tikay10

Not blaming you Tikay, you act as the man in the middle and do it rather well I think, but realistically you have no actual control as to what happens, all you can do is keep nudging where you think it might work.
    For the future, and I realise not now, as clearly there are other issue to sort software wise. The app, the client and even the browser could be improved. Perhaps a widget at least or something similar to let people know about the priority status might be a good idea

• edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: £50,000 PRIORITY Premiership will run in November : Not blaming you Tikay, you act as the man in the middle and do it rather well I think, but realistically you have no actual control as to what happens, all you can do is keep nudging where you think it might work. For the future, and I realise not now, as clearly there are other issue to sort software wise. The app, the client and even the browser could be improved. Perhaps a widget at least or something similar to let people know about the priority status might be a good idea
    Posted by Sir-Gary
    There is in the priority section
  • edited November 2016
    Posted by LB44
    Hi again Liam.

It seems there was some sort of fly in the ointment yesterday, but the Update which should have appeared yesterday is now there, & today's Update should be there later today, too.

You seem to be going along nicely in 3rd place, well done.

The page with the Leaderboards can be seen HERE

• edited November 2016

Just want to embellish what MattBates wrote, which may be helpful to Rose, Gary & others, there IS a points Widget for Prio Customers already.

You can see it displayed prominently (top right) 
    HERE

So you should be able to see at all times how many points you have earned in the current month. It Updates in real time.

You need to consult this frequently, so you can adjust your volume if necessary if, say, you are a little behind schedule.

Hope that is of some help.

• edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: £50,000 PRIORITY Premiership will run in November : Not blaming you Tikay, you act as the man in the middle and do it rather well I think, but realistically you have no actual control as to what happens, all you can do is keep nudging where you think it might work. For the future, and I realise not now, as clearly there are other issue to sort software wise. The app, the client and even the browser could be improved. Perhaps a widget at least or something similar to let people know about the priority status might be a good idea
    Posted by Sir-Gary

See my previous post, Gary.
  • edited November 2016

Please also be aware that anything & everything to do with Priority Club is always posted on this Board.

So just make a habit of checking this Board frequently, & you'll not miss a thing.

• edited November 2016
    Posted by IrishRose
    That's not quite correct Rose - all you have to do is visit this page, HERE & you can see from the Widget.
  • edited November 2016

There was some discussion yesterday about a few players - up to 20 I believe - who had been wrongfully omitted from the Prio Prem Leaderboards on Days 1 & 2.

I understand they have all been included now, & their points backdated as appropriate, & this will be reflected in the Prio Premiership Leaderboard when it is updated later today. Probably.

• edited November 2016
    There was some discussion yesterday about a few players - up to 20 I believe - who had been wrongfully omitted from the Prio Prem Leaderboards on Days 1 & 2. I understand they have all been included now, & their points backdated as appropriate, & this will be reflected in the Prio Premiership Leaderboard when it is updated later today. Probably.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Could somebody check that I am registered for League 1?  I thought I would have accumulated enough points to get on the leaderboard.
  • edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: £50,000 PRIORITY Premiership will run in November : Could somebody check that I am registered for League 1?  I thought I would have accumulated enough points to get on the leaderboard.
    Posted by bigfatfish
    Hi Bud,

Can I suggest you wait until the Leaderboard Update goes up today, please?

The Update today should clear up the issues of the first few days, & everyone should then have their correct totals shown.
    Some were omitted in error during the first few days, & these were NOT shown on the Leaderboard which went up this morning, & which was up until Wednesday.

You OK with that? It should be up quite soon.

• edited November 2016

Update at 3pm Friday.

Hi again.

The Priority Premiership Leaderboard (all 4 of them) have now been Updated to reflect standing at midnight on Thursday 3rd. (Yesterday).

You can view the Leaderboards HERE

• edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: £50,000 PRIORITY Premiership will run in November : Could somebody check that I am registered for League 1?  I thought I would have accumulated enough points to get on the leaderboard.
    Posted by bigfatfish
    Hi again,

You have not earned enough points for Top 10, but you are showing on the Leaderboard now.
  • edited November 2016
    Posted by LB44
    All Updated now Liam, & you are shown on the Leaderboard.
  • edited November 2016
    Hi Tony, could there be a list of how many points everybody got in the championship for yesterday? I made almost 2000 points and the league only added 5 points into my score. Did I finish 10th for the day?
  • edited November 2016
    Hi Tony, could there be a list of how many points everybody got in the championship for yesterday? I made almost 2000 points and the league only added 5 points into my score. Did I finish 10th for the day?
    Posted by LB44

You didn't actually add any points LB. As you can see here - http://prntscr.com/d45vtg - when compared to todays table.

There are many other glarring errors in todays (and potentially previous days) table values which is a bit worrying. It doesnt affect me as I wasn't going to challenge KingBowl this week but would be nice to have confidence in knowing the tables they publish are correct.

• edited November 2016
    I should say for referrence I got 2333 points and got 15 league points, so it's possible you could have 0 league points but unlikely. Especially when there are such errors like Jermaine99's points dropping by 10, and kawaii420 getting 100 points in a day out of no where, amungst other mistakes.

All that said, great prio promo sky!
  • edited November 2016
    Now this is strange...yeah it seems I only got 5 points over Sunday and Monday. And I'm pretty sure I'm a decent rake earner to at least finish in top 10 twice as I was in 3rd and I played a similar schedule all week. So I've gone on my account to double check how many points I made and now this is saying 'INFO_NOT_AVAIL' 

I'm pretty sure my points are wrong.