You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£50,000 PRIORITY Premiership will run in November

Comments

• edited November 2016
    Yeah agreed this is sky's marquee promotion and it's a great top up to your weekly earnings but maybe for clarity. Publish everybody's daily point total so players can verify it as like JH said, Kawaii got 100 points in the last 2 days out of nowhere and Jermaines points went down. And my points went up by 5 points in two days which can't be right. Possibly the error I'm getting when searching for my points in a specific date range has effected my points total for the premiership promotion? 
  • edited November 2016

Morning Guys.

I'll try & get some clarity on these numbers for you, please bear with me, I'll send a note up to the Office immediately, & I, or someone from the Office, will reply later this morning.

Can we all please accept that this Promo will pay out £50,000 in November, & not a penny less. There is zero benefit to Sky Poker in short changing anyone. £50,000 will be paid.

Kawaii did not "get points out of nowhere". His points were wrong, for reasons I don't need to bore you with, & he had been omitted. He contacted the Prio Service Team, they looked at it & sorted it, which meant his missing points then appeared yesterday. That's the best way to sort these problems, but if you prefer to use this Board, that's fine too.

Check back later this morning, & I hope to have an Update for you by then.   

• edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: £50,000 PRIORITY Premiership will run in November:
    Morning Guys. I'll try & get some clarity on these numbers for you, please bear with me, I'll send a note up to the Office immediately, & I, or someone from the Office, will reply later this morning. Can we all please accept that this Promo will pay out £50,000 in November, & not a penny less. There is zero benefit to Sky Poker in short changing anyone. £50,000 will be paid. Kawaii did not "get points out of nowhere". His points were wrong, for reasons I don't need to bore you with, & he had been omitted. He contacted the Prio Service Team, they looked at it & sorted it, which meant his missing points then appeared yesterday. That's the best way to sort these problems, but if you prefer to use this Board, that's fine too.   Check back later this morning, & I hope to have an Update for you by then.     
    Posted by Tikay10
    Sorry for "shooting the messenger"

Could we not agree that £50,000 is a large amount of money and figures should be accurate and checked before being published? We all want to see the tables and know the numbers are right no have to second guess them. It is so often that stuff like this happens. 

• edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: £50,000 PRIORITY Premiership will run in November : Sorry for "shooting the messenger" Could we not agree that £50,000 is a large amount of money and figures should be accurate and checked before being published? We all want to see the tables and know the numbers are right no have to second guess them. It is so often that stuff like this happens. 
    Posted by MattBates
    Ha, I've been shot so many times I'm like a colander, Matt. And in a way you are correct.

I absolutely agree the numbers & tables should be accurate, & I agree that has not always been the case. But I have always fronted up all questions quickly & honestly though & there was a hint in the thread that some jiggery-pokery was going off, which I thought a tad harsh.

For the most part though, these things have always settled down after the first week, & I don't recall of a single instance where a Sky Poker player has not received every penny of what they were due, so I felt I needed to make the point that everyone always has, & always will, get what they are entitled to. 

As several have admitted, this is a really good value Promo, but I do agree that we all need to be able to trust the numbers implicitly. And that's where we will get, very quickly.

Incidentally, I believe that the real reason this has started a little erratically is the decision to Upgrade players to Prio based upon the new criteria. That was where so many of the issues arose.

Anyway, I sent a note up to the Office at around 6am this morning, & I'm sure they'll attend to it promptly.

Watch this space.

• edited November 2016

UPDATE

The Office have replied, & I'll try to answer each query separately.

As I indicated earlier, the points earned by Kawaii are correct, he had been wrongly omitted from the Promo originally, due to the new Entry Criteria for Prio, & once he was correctly reinstated, the points were backdated & added. That had the effect of "bumping" players down.

He should have been included, of course, apologies for that error, but his points are 100% correct.  

• edited November 2016
    Hi Tony, could there be a list of how many points everybody got in the championship for yesterday? I made almost 2000 points and the league only added 5 points into my score. Did I finish 10th for the day?
    Posted by LB44
    Yup, that's exactly where you finished, 10th.

You had 1,848 points, & were pipped into 10th by just 10 points by MRBLEWPIE.

Here are the points for that day;

24caliber - 4374

benc - 3,809

DAVEMCDAID - 3,490

PokerKing - 2,705

KingBowl - 2,664

jh16 - 2,322

Rektsai - 2,260

esswun - 2,269

MrBLEWPIE - 1,858

LB44 - 1,848

• edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: £50,000 PRIORITY Premiership will run in November : You didn't actually add any points LB. As you can see here - http://prntscr.com/d45vtg - when compared to todays table. There are many other glarring errors in todays (and potentially previous days) table values which is a bit worrying. It doesnt affect me as I wasn't going to challenge KingBowl this week but would be nice to have confidence in knowing the tables they publish are correct.
    Posted by jh16
    Hi jh,

Other than the original omission of Kawaii, explained earlier, & the effect it had when he was reinstated, there have been no errors, glaring or otherwise, as far as Sky Poker can see.
  • edited November 2016
    I should say for referrence I got 2333 points and got 15 league points, so it's possible you could have 0 league points but unlikely. Especially when there are such errors like Jermaine99's points dropping by 10, and kawaii420 getting 100 points in a day out of no where, amungst other mistakes. All that said, great prio promo sky!
    Posted by jh16
    Kawaii was an omission in error, & when he was correctly added & his points backdated, it bumped jermaine99 down.

"Great prio promo, Sky"? We agree on that. ;)

• edited November 2016
    Now this is strange...yeah it seems I only got 5 points over Sunday and Monday. And I'm pretty sure I'm a decent rake earner to at least finish in top 10 twice as I was in 3rd and I played a similar schedule all week. So I've gone on my account to double check how many points I made and now this is saying 'INFO_NOT_AVAIL'  I'm pretty sure my points are wrong. 
    Posted by LB44
    Your points are 100% correct Liam, see my previous replies.

"On yer bike".

• edited November 2016
    Yeah agreed this is sky's marquee promotion and it's a great top up to your weekly earnings but maybe for clarity. Publish everybody's daily point total so players can verify it as like JH said, Kawaii got 100 points in the last 2 days out of nowhere and Jermaines points went down. And my points went up by 5 points in two days which can't be right. Possibly the error I'm getting when searching for my points in a specific date range has effected my points total for the premiership promotion? 
    Posted by LB44
    All three were correct, Liam.  
  • edited November 2016

Any other questions, please fire away. It's understood that players need to trust the numbers, & Sky Poker recognize that. Apart from the omission & then reinstatement of one player, all the points appear to be correct.   
  • edited November 2016
    Morning Guys. I'll try & get some clarity on these numbers for you, please bear with me, I'll send a note up to the Office immediately, & I, or someone from the Office, will reply later this morning. Can we all please accept that this Promo will pay out £50,000 in November, & not a penny less. There is zero benefit to Sky Poker in short changing anyone. £50,000 will be paid. Kawaii did not "get points out of nowhere". His points were wrong, for reasons I don't need to bore you with, & he had been omitted. He contacted the Prio Service Team, they looked at it & sorted it, which meant his missing points then appeared yesterday. That's the best way to sort these problems, but if you prefer to use this Board, that's fine too.   Check back later this morning, & I hope to have an Update for you by then.     
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tk, thanks for the replies clearing things up. I rarely post but sporadically read the odd thread and see the mediating you have do, so thanks.

I'd just like to clarify, I wasn't suggesting sky were knowingly publishing incorrect tables or attempting some 'jiggery-pokery'!, but that small mistakes may have been made.

I noticed some the errors I have pointed out, before i read LB's post so then thought I should post in case some other errors were made.

• edited November 2016

No worries JH, & thanks bud.

"Mediating", indeed.  I seem to spend a fair bit of time doing that.
  • edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: £50,000 PRIORITY Premiership will run in November : Hi jh, Other than the original omission of Kawaii, explained earlier, & the effect it had when he was reinstated, there have been no errors, glaring or otherwise, as far as Sky Poker can see.
    Posted by Tikay10

Perhaps it was just Kawaii causing all the discrepancies in others' points tallies. To back up my other comment about other errors... Shazam and Shark went down and Launder disappeared from the table on the 8th, but I now see he entered into League 2 on the final day, and overall point drops were caused by the late runner!

Perhaps Sky could put a note by the published table if people get added mid way through to avoid people thinking they're getting short changed if their points go down and to avoid confusion!

• edited November 2016

^^^

Yes, it was largely due to the player who was originally omitted.

It's also true that some players have hopped from League to League, which sort of clouds the issue further

• edited November 2016
    Hi all,

Firstly sorry for my English as I'm not great with that.

Few things which I would to mention regards to this promotion are:
    - MTT players don't have any chance to win anything here (only cash players)
    Im playing almost every single tournament from 1.10 to 110 buy in every day and im not even close to reach 5 points in the lower league. I even tried to play cash games to generate more points but even with that mix --- still no chance. 
    - Points: is there any chance to show how many points each player reach daily? As that would show for others if they are close to them etc...
    - MTT should be boosted with xx points as it's much easier to generate points from cash games.

On the end I need to mention that generally I really respect SKY effort to made all promotions for players as that shows they care about their community and we all can enjoy the game and generate some coins.....

Regards
    GREGUK
  • edited November 2016
    I've put the codes in for the past couple of weeks for this promo and I've yet to show on a LB, theres a chance I'm just not on the LB, but could someone double check? i put the code CHAMPION in. Thanks.
  • edited November 2016
    I've put the codes in for the past couple of weeks for this promo and I've yet to show on a LB, theres a chance I'm just not on the LB, but could someone double check? i put the code CHAMPION in. Thanks.
    Posted by theraven99
    I have asked them to take a look at this - will get back to you shortly.

I suspect/hope it is just because you are not earning sufficient points.

Anyway, bear with me please.

• edited November 2016
    Hi all, Firstly sorry for my English as I'm not great with that. Few things which I would to mention regards to this promotion are: - MTT players don't have any chance to win anything here (only cash players) Im playing almost every single tournament from 1.10 to 110 buy in every day and im not even close to reach 5 points in the lower league. I even tried to play cash games to generate more points but even with that mix --- still no chance.  - Points: is there any chance to show how many points each player reach daily? As that would show for others if they are close to them etc... - MTT should be boosted with xx points as it's much easier to generate points from cash games. On the end I need to mention that generally I really respect SKY effort to made all promotions for players as that shows they care about their community and we all can enjoy the game and generate some coins..... Regards GREGUK
    Posted by GregUK
    Hi Greg,

Apologies, I never noticed this Post until just now.

Truth is, it's not really possible or viable to make the playing field entirely level.

They do run MTT specific Promos from time to time (Double Points, Mission MTT), but the reality is MTT's are different & it's not really easy to make incentives work on MTT's, as they have very little effect - & clearly, if there is no benefit to The Business, then there are not going to be many Promos. People tend to play the same amount of MTT's come what may.

There are, of course, Prio Freerolls, & the MTT players ought to have an advantage in them, & stuff like UKOPS etc. 

There are some guys who make Prio from MTT's though.

PS - well done on 5th place in last night's Sky High Roller.   

• edited November 2016
    Posted by theraven99
    Hi again,

The Office have confirmed that you ARE correctly Opted in.

You are not on the Leaderboard as you did not earn enough points - you were 18th in "Champion" yesterday, & they only show the Top 10.
  • edited November 2016
    spot on thanks TK
  • edited November 2016
  • edited November 2016
    ^^^ Yes, it was largely due to the player who was originally omitted. It's also true that some players have hopped from League to League, which sort of clouds the issue further .  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks for looking into it Tony :)
  • edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: £50,000 PRIORITY Premiership will run in November : Thanks for looking into it Tony :)
    Posted by LB44
    Ha, delayed reaction there, but thanks Liam.
  • edited November 2016
    seems to be a few players in both league 1 and 2 is this correct or a mistake?

• edited November 2016
    seems to be a few players in both league 1 and 2 is this correct or a mistake?
    Posted by mondo1985
    Hi mondo,

Most of them appear to be in both L1 & L2  - I would assume this is a mistake.

I've sent a note up to the Office ask them to take a look.

Apologies.
  • edited November 2016
    cheers tikay
    only noticed as i changed from league 1 last night to 2 
  • edited November 2016

Morning mondo, & others.

It seems there was a bit of FFS involved, but it has been corrected now.

Apologies for the temporary inconvenienceaments.  

• edited November 2016
    Is there someone about to update today plz :) 
  • edited November 2016

Hi Nick,

Will drop them a reminder, expect they have been a bit busy today.