You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HUFA II Draw and results thread. That's a wrap, see you next season.

edited May 2017 in Poker Chat
Great video enjoyed the skit at the start..... the road to glory begins

Comments

• edited May 2017
    A reminder of the entrants and your number so you can follow the draw...

The first draw includes a Preliminary round of 13 matches to reduce the field to 64 and the first round proper with 32 matches including the 51 players who get a bye and the 13 winners of the preliminary round.

The draw is available to view here:

Entrants
    1 Churchy18
    2 mumsie
    3 Brrrrrrr
    4 StayOrGo
    5 weecheez1
    6 pompeynic
    7 rspca12
    8 scrumdown
    9 Poker_Wolf
    10 bbMike
    11 gerardirl
    12 zxghostxz
    13 ajmilton
    14 FeelGroggy
    15 Darkangel7
    16 tsarina
    17 stokefc
    18 pomfrittes
    19 IrishRose
    20 benc
    21 omm
    22 lundie
    23 The_eggs
    24 Red_King
    25 CraigSG1
    26 mkgunner
    27 Tikay1
    28 Boxster
    29 Hotwheals
    30 Dollie
    31 RicOrford
    32 DOHHHHHHH
    33 jordz16
    34 GCDF
    35 chiggypig
    36 mongo229
    37 VespaPX
    38 liamboi11
    39 Ice_Tiger
    40 Essexphil
    41 Sir-Gary
    42 imber
    43 MICKEYBLUE
    44 GSmith13
    45 mondo1985
    46 Itsover4u
    47 MP33
    48 GREGSTER
    49 rossjb14
    50 MilitantG
    51 GELDY
    52 spinky6108
    53 smileychop
    54 Spuzz
    55 monkeyGLB
    56 karlluke
    57 GEOMAN14
    58 ellroy84
    59 UrbanGuard
    60 ballboy
    61 Mikeycb
    62 Nuggy962
    63 chilling
    64 ficino
    65 thistledu
    66 lonesome
    67 markycash
    68 timeforbed
    69 Cleis
    70 QUICKFEET
    71 dcod-muver
    72 cracked
    73 cenachav
    74 MISTY4ME
    75 Trip33s
    76 hhyftrftdr
    77 The_Reflex
    78 winner match 1
    79 winner match 2
    80 winner match 3
    81 winner match 4
    82 winner match 5
    83 winner match 6
    84 winner match 7
    85 winner match 8
    86 winner match 9
    87 winner match 10
    88 winner match 11
    89 winner match 12
    90 winner match 13
    1st Reserve Phantom66

DRAW AND RESULTS....

PLEASE NOTE: All PRELIMINARY ROUND matches are to be finished by 23:59:59 Sunday 27 November.

PRELIMINARY ROUND DRAW AND RESULTS Match H A       Score Winner 1 41 75 Sir-Gary v Trip33s 1 2 Trip33s 2 68 71 timeforbed v dcod-muver 2 1 timeforbed 3 21 28 omm v Boxster 0 2 Boxster 4 1 57 Churchy18 v GEOMAN14 2 0 Churchy18 5 31 24 RicOrford v Red_King 2 0 RicOrford 6 70 32 QUICKFEET v DOHHHHHHH ? 2 DOHHHHHHH 7 34 35 walkover v chiggypig 0 2 chiggypig 8 54 65 Spuzz v thistledu 0 2 thistledu 9 50 62 MilitantG v Nuggy962 2 1 MilitantG 10 20 9 benc v Poker_Wolf 1 2 Poker_Wolf 11 40 26 Essexphil v mkgunner 2 0 Essexphil 12 74 25 MISTY4ME v CraigSG1 2 1 MISTY4ME 13 43 59 MICKYBLUE v UrbanGuard 2 0 MICKYBLUE
    Deadline for Round 1 will be 11/12/16 23:59:59

#TeamBall - Steve's son Max (ballboy) will be taking his place in the draw

Phantom66 and RLT16 were entered as reserves

ROUND 1 DRAW AND RESULTS Match H A       Score Winner 14 39 33 #TeamBall v jordz16 0 2 jordz16 15 23 52 The_eggs v spinky6108 0 2 spinky6108 16 89 77 MISTY4ME v The_Reflex 1 2 The_Reflex 17 73 56 cenachav v karlluke 0 2 karlluke 18 22 80 lundie v Boxster 2 0 lundie 19 88 2 Essexphil v mumsie 1 2 mumsie 20 82 10 RicOrford v bbMike 0 2 bbMike 21 5 6 weecheez1 v pompeynic 2 0 weecheez1 22 46 13 Itsover4u v ajmilton 2 0 Itsover4u 23 7 90 rspca12 v MICKYBLUE 0 2 MICKYBLUE 24 8 55 scrumdown v monkeyGLB 2 0 scrumdown 25 60 63 ballboy v chilling 1 2 chilling 26 86 53 MilitantG v smileychop 0 2 smileychop 27 44 51 RLT16 v GELDY 2 1 RLT16 28 76 16 Phantom66 v tsarina 1 2 tsarina 29 27 36 Tikay1 v mongo229 0 2 mongo229 30 19 67 IrishRose v markycash 2 0 IrishRose 31 83 3 DOHHHHHHH v Brrrrrrr 0 2 Brrrrrrr 32 48 30 GREGSTER v Dollie 2 0 GREGSTER 33 61 38 Mikeycb v liamboi11 1 2 liamboi11 34 87 45 Poker_Wolf v mondo1985 2 0 Poker_Wolf 35 78 81 Trip33s v Churchy18 0 2 Churchy18 36 64 85 ficino v thistledu 0 2 thistledu 37 37 17 VespaPX v stokefc 2 0 VespaPX
  • edited November 2016
    HU FA CUP RULES

I am keeping the rules the same as last time.

There are not many rules, this is a low cost fun event so let's remember that and...

1. Get on and play the fixtures, 
    2. Play them in the right spirit, and 
    3. Have fun!

All normal Skypoker Terms and Conditions apply and take precedence. 

Given that this is a community run event and that access to community media is required to arrange fixtures and post results - a forum ban will mean exclusion from the competition irresepective of whether the ban was caused by actions related to the HU FA Cup.

FORMAT AND STRUCTURE

Preliminary round of 26 players
    1st round  64 (13 1st round winners + 51 who will have had a bye)
    2nd round  32
    3rd round  16
    4th round    8
    Semi-Final  4
    Final            2

Preliminary and round 1 will be won by the first player to 2 wins (no need to play a 3rd game if it is not a decider)

Rounds 2 to 4 will be won by the first player to 3 wins 

Semi Finals will be won by the first player to 4 wins

The Final will be won by the first player to 5 wins

All games are to be £1.05 NL Heads-Up games. 

The only permitted game types  are Speed or Turbo.

FIXTURES

The draw will be made on a round by round basis, FA Cup style, with a random draw. Fixtures will be posted on this thread.

The onus will be on the away player to start the communication re arranging a fixture.

You can use this thread to set up fixtures (I am dropping the separate thread for that as it caused some confusion last time).

Please try and be flexible and accomodating to reach fixtures. Clearly not everyone has the same time available to play and people may have personal restrictions. Each round will be at least 2 weeks long to make sure there is enough time.

Fixtures do not have to be played at one sitting, although the rematch feature will make it easier to do that.

The home player will chose the format (Speed or Turbo) up to and including round 4. 

The Semi-Finals and Final will be speed.

Deadlines for completion for each round will be posted in the thread. Please try and complete your fixture as soon as possible. If the fixture is not completed by the deadline the default will be both players are excluded. If there is clear evidence in this thread of one player only being at fault for non-fulfilment of a fixture then the player at fault will be excluded and the other player awarded a walkover into the next round.

ADVICE ON SITTING (and avoiding random joiners)

This is taken from an earlier Lambert run HU comp, original credit went to IrishRover for the idea...

Both players should sit in a freeplay HU table, from here, one should open the £1 HU game and let the other player know they have done so, the other player can then join straight away which should limit the risk of random joiners. I also suggest that people stick to 1 table at a time, so that you can just click on re-match at the end without danger of random joiners.

RESULTS

Please post results on this thread (winner should post) and the "loser" can lodge an appeal if they disagree.

I will aim to keep the OP table up to date.

PRIZES

If you win the event you will have racked up between £5.70 (6 round wins by a 1 game margin) and at most £20.70 in profit (7 round wins with no game losses).

Obviously the title "HU FA Cup champion" and forum bragging rights are priceless (ask Churchy)

Skypoker have offered the following prizes:

The winner will receive a £33 tournament entry and the runner-up a £11 tournament entry.

Additionally the overall winner will get the opportunity to play Neil Channing in a Heads Up match. Details of this will be provided nearer the time and will include the opportunity of an increased prize for winning that game.

Any disputes can be aired here. If the situation is not clearly covered by the rules then I will co-opt an independent committee to rule on the dispute and the decision of that committee will be final.

GL Everyone!
  • edited November 2016
    It's done. Nov 9 2016 will go down in history as the day the HUFA II draw was made. After all there is not much happening elsewhere in the world.

The draw is now up on Youtube for both the preliminary and first round proper.

EDIT:Draw now in OP. Rules are published. GAME ON.

Good luck all.

Phantom66
    (Official 1st Reserve)
  • edited November 2016
  • edited November 2016
    Brilliant opening  minutes, had me in tears.
  • edited November 2016
    Great stuff Phantom, cheers.
    Gl all
  • edited November 2016
    N1phantom,
    Can see why you didn't get Orford to help do the draw, on that machine

• edited November 2016
    was dreading the draw lol but we'll done x 
  • edited November 2016

OP updated with full draw.

If your opponent is available you can start round 1 now, no need to wait for the Preliminary round to finish.

Good luck everyone!
  • edited November 2016
    Tsarina, despite my lean physique I'm currently not very flexible for varying reasons. I have a window of between Sunday and Wednesday when it should be fine, but before then and the weekend of 18th-21st is a none starter for me....unless you wanna come to the Algarve and we'll play it live?

Blame Phantom for scheduling this when I have gigs and a holiday, very selfish indeed.
  • edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: HUFA II Draw and results thread DRAW PUBLISHED - START PLAYING! GL:
    Tsarina, despite my lean physique I'm currently not very flexible for varying reasons. I have a window of between Sunday and Wednesday when it should be fine, but before then and the weekend of 18th-21st is a none starter for me....unless you wanna come to the Algarve and we'll play it live? Blame Phantom for scheduling this when I have gigs and a holiday, very selfish indeed.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    If there is a week when you do not have a gig or a holiday in the year please let me know and I will arrange a special comp just for you.
  • edited November 2016
    Bit dissappointed that the champion has to qualify what kind of diddy cup is this think i will have to consult my lawyers and board members and see where we go from here:}

Great draw again phantom thank you for the time and effort you put in gl all

Geoman just post what times suit you im on most nights
  • edited November 2016

hi churchy18 geoman14 here just 2 let u know i can play anytime if u want 2 let me know wht suits u im sure we can
          arrange something 2 suit both of us hope 2 hear from u soon  

• edited November 2016
    hi monkeyGLB just let me know i can play most times let me know whens best sort something out
  • edited November 2016
    I am down to play the winner of preliminary match six but am away on holiday from tomorrow until Nov 19 so i will make contact with the winner as soon as I get back and hopefully play the match that weekend.

Good luck everyone!
  • edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: HUFA II Draw and results thread DRAW IS ON YOUTUBE:
    Great video enjoyed the skit at the start..... the road to glory begins
    Posted by Itsover4u
    Thanks for that and the other "plus ones" who endorsed it.

It does take time to sort this thing out and I know I could just press a button and let a spreadsheet do the work, but I just like the old school feel of the FA Cup draw and try and recreate that.

As for the skit, I do try and add a bit of entertainment at the start if I can think of something I can use and I am very grateful for the positive feedback. Humour can be hard to pull off, especially when it relies on some "in jokes" but the idea is you can watch and enjoy even if you are not in the draw. Doubt it's everyones cup of tea, but there is always fast forward for those with a different sense of humour to me.

• edited November 2016
    I am down to play the winner of preliminary match six but am away on holiday from tomorrow until Nov 19 so i will make contact with the winner as soon as I get back and hopefully play the match that weekend.

Good luck everyone!
  • edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: HUFA II Draw and results thread DRAW PUBLISHED - START PLAYING! GL:
         hi churchy18 geoman14 here just 2 let u know i can play anytime if u want 2 let me know wht suits u im sure we can       arrange something 2 suit both of us hope 2 hear from u soon  
    Posted by GEOMAN14

if you are about the now can play anytime today upto about 7pm or just tell me a night and time and i should be fine.
  • edited November 2016
     Tikay1 I can play anytime after 2am on most days . Get back to me on this post with when you want to play. Thanks.
  • edited November 2016
    Bit dissappointed that the champion has to qualify what kind of diddy cup is this think i will have to consult my lawyers and board members and see where we go from here:} Great draw again phantom thank you for the time and effort you put in gl all Geoman just post what times suit you im on most nights
    Posted by churchy18

tonite 7pm tht suit u
  • edited November 2016
    Imber will have to be next week or week after. 
  • edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: HUFA II Draw and results thread DRAW PUBLISHED - START PLAYING! GL : if you are about the now can play anytime today upto about 7pm or just tell me a night and time and i should be fine.
    Posted by churchy18

now is fine if u get a table i ll com find u if thts ok
  • edited November 2016
    no problem im sitting now a speed table
  • edited November 2016
    Hi cenachave when would you like to play?
  • edited November 2016
    Thanks for the games GEOMAN14 which thankfully the champ managed to win 2-0.

Bring on the next victim :@}
  • edited November 2016

wp churchy18 hope u run  gd in hu again gg
  • edited November 2016
    Omm, when do you want to play? Evenings only for me.

Also I am away at the other side of the world from 21st Nov for 3 weeks so would be good to play before then :)
  • edited November 2016
     Tikay1 I can play anytime after 2am on most days . Get back to me on this post with when you want to play. Thanks.
    Posted by mongo229
    think Tikay will be in bed at that time m8 do you mean PM
    On most nights vesp just give us a shout brother
  • edited November 2016
    Brilliant, thank you Phantom.

Ellroy can you confirm you have seen the draw and we can set a date for our fixture, ty.

Ger