You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HUFA II Draw and results thread. That's a wrap, see you next season.

Comments

• edited April 2017
    you didnt join?? come find me at the tables to rearrage
  • edited April 2017
    Currently in play 1-1 with all to play for.
  • edited April 2017
    Congratulations to Jordz16 Our HUFA II Champion.

WP to zxghost too in what was a very close final that went down to the wire.

Match report to follow.
  • edited April 2017
    glad i went out to finalist wd zxghost and massive wd to jordz16!
  • edited April 2017
    Wp both. Congrats jordz, now go and tan Channing's backside.
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: HUFA II Draw and results thread. We have a winner!:
    Wp both. Congrats jordz, now go and tan Channing's backside.
    Posted by waller02
    only on sat nights ;)
  • edited April 2017
    Wednesday 19th April 2017 was the final for the HUFA II competition.

Our 2 worthy finalists Jordz16 and zxghostxz had fought through 5 rounds to the final. As well as being handy at poker I suspect they aren't bad at scrabble either.

Jordz has a bit of a pedigree on skypoker, a past UKOPs series champ, consistent highly ranked profit maker and a Vegas package qualifier although I expect he was nervous having dreamed of HUFA cup success as a youth. Jordz is a hammer and younger than me, so he won't have the benefit of seeing Trevor Brooking head them an FA Cup win. To get to final he beat #TeamBall with Max representing last year's runner-up and sadly departed father Steve Ball (Ice_Tiger). He then saw off Tsarina, spinky, Poker_Wolf and the longest lasting plopper VespaPX.

Zxghost is no mean player either having racked up over £11k in profits at an impressive ROI. After a walkover in Round 1, they edged past MICKEYBLUE before slightly more comfortable wins over thistledu, laimboi11 before finding an angle to win through their semi final v The_Reflex.

The final is played 1st to 5 wins over speed HU games. It was a very close match, nip and tuck, played in a very positive spirit and given the football analogies on which the competition is based lasted a little over 90 mins with a bit of fergie time.

Jordz took the opener, managing to hit 2 low straights in quick succession. Early in the second zx suffered a short disconnect which Jordz sportingly did not take advantage of. ZX pulled in to an early lead, extending it to a 5:1 chip lead. Jordz fought back but then it was Zx's turn to hit a low straight and level the match 1-1.

Jordz got himself pot commited and ended up calling behind to Zx's aces but hit a guthsot to take a big lead and finished off the game with 55s holidng up to lead 2-1.

The crowd was boosted by the appearance of StayorGo (we may have had other lurkers silently eating prawn sandwiches so I am not sure of offical figures). 

Game 4 was a lenghty affair which was eventually taken by zx with 3 kings and level again at 2-2.

In the 5th, Jordz took an early lead ai with a made flush, zx improved to 2 pair but the river was blank  Zx doubled up but then lost a standard flip 55 v AQ and Jordz agian took the lead 3-2.

Game 6 was a very cagey affair with the lead changing hands and not much going to showdown until zx levels again with a full house.

Game 7 and we have a fairly early aipf Zx is looking good with AJ v A8 but a river 8 seals the win and a 4-3 lead for Jordz

Zx fights back yet again, taking an early lead with another FH and then a short Jordz shoves J3s and fails to overtake Zx with A4. So it's 4-4 and everything rests on the final deciding game.

The decider...

The game started quite cagey again and the lead swapped before Jordz took the advantage with a run of pots without a showdown. Eventually it all goes in and the money hand for Jordz is K8s to seal the title which was ahead and held.

Zx was very sporting in defeat and both were a credit to the competition.

Thanks to all who took part in the good community spirit i nwhich it was intended. I hope you enjoyed it and made some new connections on the site.

A special thanks to those who took a hand in helping with the organising and especially mumsie who stepped up for one of the draws.

I have PM'd Tikay about the prizes (a £33 entry for Jordz16 and a £11 entry entry for zxghostxz) and to arrange the HU challenge between Jordz and Neil Channing. Given we are in the middle of mini UKOPs and are in the weekend I expect it may take a few days to confirm these.

• edited April 2017
    Great write up Phantom 
    Fantastic work again on this from you. Hopefully a prize will be heading your way as well
    It would be very well deserved
  • edited April 2017
    Wd Jordz - Good work Phantom
  • edited April 2017
    Yeah great write up.

Wp both and good work Phantom....when's the next one? 
  • edited April 2017
    yep awesome write up 

ill make sure to rail the jordz final 

echo waller here as when is next one!

great job 

• edited April 2017
    A big thank you to Phantom for running this, it was certainly fun to be part of, and I like to think everyone appreciates the extra mile you went with all the draws and arrangements etc. 
  • edited April 2017
    *BUMP* FAO Tikay re prizes.
  • edited April 2017

^^^^

Sorry P,

Will get on the case this morning.
  • edited April 2017

^^^^

Have sent you a PM Mr Phantom.
  • edited April 2017
    Thanks Tikay,

Could Jordz please post here which £33 tournament entry you require?

Could zxghostxz please post here which £11 tournament entry you require?

Also could mumsie please post here for entry into an £11 tournament for your help with this thread and especially running a draw when I was unable to?
  • edited April 2017

Just sent you another PM.

Please reply soonest so I can get the last part of the equation sorted.

• edited April 2017
    Thanks and Replied.
  • edited April 2017
    Do Tuesdays or Wednesdays main have a £33 buy in? if so either of them will be great thanks Tikay. 
  • edited April 2017
    They both appear to be £33 entries Jordz.

There is a description of the Wed "Predator" if you click on schedule tab and then the named event, but there isn't one for the Tue "Gold Rush"which replaced the Iceman freezout.
  • edited April 2017
    go with Tuesdays then please. 
  • edited April 2017
    Note for the winners. I have been working out the process for entries with Tikay.

It is best if you post here the night before or the morning of the day in which you want an entry and preferably on a working day.

I can set it in motion with Tikay and we will get confirmation up on this thread in good time before your tournament.

Tikay knows about your request jordz and I have set a reminder to remind him on Tuesday. If you dont see anything on this thread by Tuesday lunch time then please feel free to remind me.
  • edited May 2017
    BUMP for mumsie and zxghostxz
  • edited May 2017
    OMG, Thanks Phantom.

Im sorry I missed this.

I stop playing now and again for no reason. 

Topped up Last week. 

Genuinley touched.

Thank you.
  • edited May 2017
    WP ZXGhost and Jordz and P66 and Sky.
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: HUFA II Draw and results thread. We have a winner!:
    Wednesday 19th April 2017 was the final for the HUFA II competition. Our 2 worthy finalists Jordz16 and zxghostxz had fought through 5 rounds to the final. As well as being handy at poker I suspect they aren't bad at scrabble either. Jordz has a bit of a pedigree on skypoker, a past UKOPs series champ, consistent highly ranked profit maker and a Vegas package qualifier although I expect he was nervous having dreamed of HUFA cup success as a youth. Jordz is a hammer and younger than me, so he won't have the benefit of seeing Trevor Brooking head them an FA Cup win. To get to final he beat #TeamBall with Max representing last year's runner-up and sadly departed father Steve Ball (Ice_Tiger). He then saw off Tsarina, spinky, Poker_Wolf and the longest lasting plopper VespaPX. Zxghost is no mean player either having racked up over £11k in profits at an impressive ROI. After a walkover in Round 1, they edged past MICKEYBLUE before slightly more comfortable wins over thistledu, laimboi11 before finding an angle to win through their semi final v The_Reflex. The final is played 1st to 5 wins over speed HU games. It was a very close match, nip and tuck, played in a very positive spirit and given the football analogies on which the competition is based lasted a little over 90 mins with a bit of fergie time. Jordz took the opener, managing to hit 2 low straights in quick succession. Early in the second zx suffered a short disconnect which Jordz sportingly did not take advantage of. ZX pulled in to an early lead, extending it to a 5:1 chip lead. Jordz fought back but then it was Zx's turn to hit a low straight and level the match 1-1. Jordz got himself pot commited and ended up calling behind to Zx's aces but hit a guthsot to take a big lead and finished off the game with 55s holidng up to lead 2-1. The crowd was boosted by the appearance of StayorGo (we may have had other lurkers silently eating prawn sandwiches so I am not sure of offical figures).  Game 4 was a lenghty affair which was eventually taken by zx with 3 kings and level again at 2-2. In the 5th, Jordz took an early lead ai with a made flush, zx improved to 2 pair but the river was blank  Zx doubled up but then lost a standard flip 55 v AQ and Jordz agian took the lead 3-2. Game 6 was a very cagey affair with the lead changing hands and not much going to showdown until zx levels again with a full house. Game 7 and we have a fairly early aipf Zx is looking good with AJ v A8 but a river 8 seals the win and a 4-3 lead for Jordz Zx fights back yet again, taking an early lead with another FH and then a short Jordz shoves J3s and fails to overtake Zx with A4. So it's 4-4 and everything rests on the final deciding game. The decider... The game started quite cagey again and the lead swapped before Jordz took the advantage with a run of pots without a showdown. Eventually it all goes in and the money hand for Jordz is K8s to seal the title which was ahead and held. Zx was very sporting in defeat and both were a credit to the competition. Thanks to all who took part in the good community spirit i nwhich it was intended. I hope you enjoyed it and made some new connections on the site. A special thanks to those who took a hand in helping with the organising and especially mumsie who stepped up for one of the draws. I have PM'd Tikay about the prizes (a £33 entry for Jordz16 and a £11 entry entry for zxghostxz) and to arrange the HU challenge between Jordz and Neil Channing. Given we are in the middle of mini UKOPs and are in the weekend I expect it may take a few days to confirm these.
    Posted by Phantom66

Brilliant.

• edited May 2017
    You are very welcome Mumsie, I just pointed out to Tikay how you had helped out when I was struggling to keep on top of the HUFA comp this season.

Tikay sorted the prize for you.
  • edited May 2017
    Jordz.

Your seat has been confirmed in tonights Main event,

GLGLGLGLGLGLGLGLGL

Anyone know zxghostxz and have the means to give them a nudge to claim their prize?
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: HUFA II Draw and results thread. We have a winner! Write up now included.Any news on prizes and challenge match please Tikay?:
    Thanks Tikay, Could Jordz please post here which £33 tournament entry you require? Could zxghostxz please post here which £11 tournament entry you require? Also could mumsie please post here for entry into an £11 tournament for your help with this thread and especially running a draw when I was unable to?
    Posted by Phantom66

If this Is still available any week day evening will be fine.

If its expired, thats equally fine, happy to help.
  • edited May 2017

^^^^

Nope, not expired. Just name the MTT & I'll sort the rest.