You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Avenger Rebuy (Friday) becomes a Rebuy Bounty Hunter

2»

Comments

• edited December 2016

A few more things, then I'm gonna go play some poker & enjoy the rest of my Saturday.

First up, MTT's represent around 1/6 (ONE SIXTH) of Revenues in Sky Poker, so I think we need to keep a sense of perspective here. They have a new Schedule, & they are micro-managing it. It's not a secret, I have communicated all changes here, every one of them. I don't think I will in future though, looks like it was a bad move on my part. And yes, it was & is my decision to start these threads & announce changes.

"Happy Hours" have been running a lot recently - there is not a shadow of doubt that these impact upon MTT performance. Do you remember that week when Happy Hours were TREBLE? Guess what that did to MTT performance. Double points affects it too, but not as dramatically. Its about finding the right balance, the happy medium.    

I don't think Sky Poker has ever managed MTT Subsidy as well before as it does these days. "subsidy" is the Business term for MTT Overlay, & a few other items.

It did not used to be well managed, but it is now. That's James job, reporting to Sam. James has a job brief to keep subsidy to a sensible & sustainable level, & that's exactly what he is doing. 

The SB&G Business week runs Friday to Thursday, & so every Friday morning, James sends round his weekly MTT Subsidy Report. It is listed day by day, MTT by MTT, then collated & summarised. It is from this information that he changes Guarantees & identifies poorly performing MTT's. (In fact, you can see a similar thing on Rob's site, PokerSuperHero, though that just lists the bigger MTT's). He is obliged to make that Subsidy Report read well, so he adjust things as & when he needs to, with Sam's approval. He has saved many hundreds of thousands of ££'s already. I'd say that was good business practice.  Sustained overlay benefits nobody in the long term.  

I am pretty sure he will continue to do that going forward, so I have to say, you WILL keep seeing  the MTT schedule shuffled & tweaked. That's a good thing, not a negative. 

• edited December 2016
    In Response to Re: Avenger Rebuy (Friday) becomes a Rebuy Bounty Hunter:
    Anyone thinking there bankroll is not safe on Sky may need their tinfoil hat adjusting a tad IMHO.
    Posted by markycash
    I don't think he really meant it, I suspect it was tongue in cheek.
  • edited December 2016

FINAL SCORE;

Swansea 3 - Sunderland 0

So maybe Sky Poker can win, after all.

Enjoy the rest of your Saturday. I'm off for some peace & quiet on the poker tables.

RAISE
  • edited December 2016
    ive just taken out some personnel insurance for my £12 BR just in case :)
  • edited December 2016
    it's an unusual idea lumping a bounty element to a rebuy, my initial thought was why not just keep them separate?

I'll need to give it a go though to see how the games play out. Of course it is hard to argue if it easily surpasses the gtee, while the previous format failed to do this.

As some one else said 22 for a rebuy is perhaps a bit pricey for the vast majority of sky's player base.

As far as I'm aware there was never an issue with the wed rebuy 11 main with regards to meeting its gtee. It would be good if this could be reintroduced somewhere in the schedule.

• edited December 2016
    Good evening all 
    HAS ANYONE MENTIONED THE £2.20 @2.15 DEEPSTACK YET.
    All the best.
    Rainman215
  • edited December 2016
    I like bounty hunters, and I did like the BH rebuy format (although not quite sure the best way to play it yet) and hope it stays as a regular main (but personally would have preferred for it to replace the one of the four existing BH mains that are essentially all the same).  Are you saying that the minority should just shut it and go away?I have tried to put my points constructively and to iterate that I understand the business issues involved but I don't think the issue is that I can't see the bigger picture, in fact the opposite.  BTW after the Brexit referendum, US election, last General Election and newspaper choice I comfortable being in the minority.
    Posted by SoLack
    Paradoxically, the majority are in the minority.

Brexit- majority didn't vote for it
    General election- majority didn't vote Conservative
    US election- majority didn't vote Trump
    Newspaper- The S*n is just s*** anyway (and majority don't buy it)

What has this gotto do with Tournaments on here?

I haven't the foggiest, but it could mean that majority on Sky Poker don't like BHs.
  • edited December 2016
    In Response to Re: Avenger Rebuy (Friday) becomes a Rebuy Bounty Hunter : Paradoxically, the majority are in the minority. Brexit- majority didn't vote for it General election- majority didn't vote Conservative US election- majority didn't vote Trump Newspaper- The S*n is just s*** anyway (and majority don't buy it) What has this gotto do with Tournaments on here? I haven't the foggiest, but it could mean that majority on Sky Poker don't like BHs.
    Posted by dragon1964
    the majority should pull their fingers out and do summut about then , unless , that is if the majority did .bringing politics and the media into this arguement is mute anyway like you say
  • edited December 2016
    hi im not to happy on rebuy having bounties on them but give what the people wont and seems bounties are what there wont. a few side points min cash of 26 quid was far 2 small and became almost irrelevant. in this formatwhen people have fired multiply bullets i was in for 100 in game mc was 26 the avg head at this point was about 40 so feel pay less and make min cash at least 55. i really like sky new sched when it was realised 220 hr hype turbo feel this is what sky needs to do and steer away from bounties but by the looks of it and numbers wise think i was wrong.
    Posted by rspca12
    Thanks for the feedback. The pay out structure for all rebuy bounty hunters will now mirror the standard bounty hunter structure rather than the 15% structure it was on Friday.