You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

My story

Comments

• edited January 2017
    cheer leader that sounds  a posh title tom, I've got the blond hair and the bust just need the bubble gum now.
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: My story:
    cheer leader that sounds  a posh title tom, I've got the blond hair and the bust just need the bubble gum now.
    Posted by dumb_blond
    Haha, I believe the blonde bit but I reckon you should provide proof of the attributes :p,I ran pretty well tonight, cashed in 3 bounty hunters. , hows your game going?
  • edited January 2017
    tom I passed your concern on to my management team who would like to issue the following statement.

tom we can assure you that db's assets are of a good  size and shape also to put our insurers an indeed  db herself at ease

her bra straps  have been subject to the same rigorous  stress tests that were  applied to the concords wings to ensure that
    there will be minimal chance of her suffering from a whiplash injury in the unlikely case of  reinforced bra strap failure'

we hope this puts your mind at rest. 
  • edited January 2017
    tom I passed your concern on to my management team who would like to issue the following statement. tom we can assure you that db's assets are of a good  size and shape also to put our insurers an indeed  db herself at ease her bra straps  have been subject to the same rigorous  stress tests that were  applied to the concords wings to ensure that there will be minimal chance of her suffering from a whiplash injury in the unlikely case of  reinforced bra strap failure' we hope this puts your mind at rest. 
    Posted by dumb_blond
    Concorde ey, I would be a smidgen concerned if I was you ;)  I have a better testing device to hand :p....
  • edited January 2017
    tom on the subject of  your worries reference to the suitability of concords reliability we believe that the problems were with

air france  were our suppliers are british based.

we tried binns but they rattled so other leading suppliers  are being experimented with.

the offer of a better testing device you have is intriguing because when we tried to head hunt you on the 1/11/14.

(I.m always on the look out for a fella who's good with his hands keep me in mind tom)  we were very surprised you did

not grasp the opportunity with both hands  unfortunately due to the approach of winter and the onset of cold

hand syndrome  we will not now be looking to fill this vacancy before the month of  may.

we will keep your details on file but hope you realise you may be expected to start at the bottom and work your way up.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i hope your not feeling to bad and enjoying the banter theres lots of people rooting for you tom xx
  • edited January 2017
    tom on the subject of  your worries reference to the suitability of concords reliability we believe that the problems were with air france  were our suppliers are british based.   we tried binns but they rattled so other leading suppliers  are being experimented with. the offer of a better testing device you have is intriguing because when we tried to head hunt you on the 1/11/14. (I.m always on the look out for a fella who's good with his hands keep me in mind tom)  we were very surprised you did not grasp the opportunity with both hands  unfortunately due to the approach of winter and the onset of cold hand syndrome  we will not now be looking to fill this vacancy before the month of  may. we will keep your details on file but hope you realise you may be expected to start at the bottom and work your way up. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- i hope your not feeling to bad and enjoying the banter theres lots of people rooting for you tom xx
    Posted by dumb_blond
    Thanks for making me smile ,I need it ATM ,see below. Gd luck on the felt.x
  • edited January 2017
    B DAY imminent.

I have been running pretty good/ lucky on the pokeramo front lately, my sister wants to go Brighton dogs on 20 th dec so I withdrew some funds and said I would pay for us all, yikes there's now 11 of us and at £34.50 each that's a bit of a hit lol.,I haven't seen her for a while as she lives oop north so it will be really nice to catch up.

The above was written before the postman arrived, I received a letter today bearing good? News.

I have my date for the brachytherapy op, it is the 18 th December , I also have a pre radiotherapy planning meeting at hospital on 4 th December , and a pre op appointment at haywards Heath hospital on the 8th December.

How am I feeling.? Well,,, nervous,scared, but on the other hand grateful that I have a condition that potentially can be treated, also I feel very lucky to have a wife and family that support me through these testing times.

It seems I will have to cancel the trip to Brighton dogs,shame but hey oh I think the treatment out kicks it.

Thanks for all the best wishes and be lucky all.x
  • edited January 2017
    Just won the £2 deepstack again tonight, 3 times in a week... is this a record  :) Well played to all on ft and thx for making it such an enjoyable tourney, no griping all night.. splendid.
  • edited January 2017
    B DAY imminent. I have been running pretty good/ lucky on the pokeramo front lately, my sister wants to go Brighton dogs on 20 th dec so I withdrew some funds and said I would pay for us all, yikes there's now 11 of us and at £34.50 each that's a bit of a hit lol.,I haven't seen her for a while as she lives oop north so it will be really nice to catch up. The above was written before the postman arrived, I received a letter today bearing good? News. I have my date for the brachytherapy op, it is the 18 th December , I also have a pre radiotherapy planning meeting at hospital on 4 th December , and a pre op appointment at haywards Heath hospital on the 8th December. How am I feeling.? Well,,, nervous,scared, but on the other hand grateful that I have a condition that potentially can be treated, also I feel very lucky to have a wife and family that support me through these testing times. It seems I will have to cancel the trip to Brighton dogs,shame but hey oh I think the treatment out kicks it. Thanks for all the best wishes and be lucky all.x
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Morning Tom.

THREE appointments before Christmas? Yikes. Not sure if that is good or bad. I suppose, on balance, you'd rather not spend Christmas worrying about when they will be.

Anyway, it looks like the Hossie are well and truly on your case, so that's good.

Maybe your poker run-good (I see you have been on a bit of a HEATERRRRR!) will transfer across to those medical tests, & you get some good results. Fingers well & truly crossed.

Hove Dogs? Well there's a thing. I go there around 4 or 5 times per year, & book a table, & a meal, in that lovely trackside restaurant.  My young lady LOVES going to Hove Dogs, & having the meal. It's actually quite a nice evening. Expensive though - I give her £60 (£5 per race) to bet with, & never get a penny back......

• edited January 2017
    there's some very ignorant people about tom manners cost nothing was one of the mantras  I was brought up with. the first table i was on tonight I wished everybody good luck before we started as i always do, not a squeak out of anybody not even when I added a  sarcastic  good luck blondie to myself. maybe i was unlucky and stumbled on the agm of the trappist monks society. don't let the odd miserable sod get to you as you know yourself there's loads of  nice friendly people play on sky poker. the very first comment I received in the chat box when I first started  to play on here came after making a dodgy call was "you are" obviously a reference to my nom de plume and sadly my poker skills.  keep your chin up  tom and don't let the odd  bad apple get to you your better than them.  
    Posted by dumb_blond

I think when people say 'good luck' at the beginning of a tourament the other players are probably thinking, you don't mean it. For example, if you have all your chips in the middle with AA and someone calls with QQ then you want to win, you don't want them to get lucky and out draw you with a Q coming so i suppose it comes back to the point of not really wanting them to have luck, certainly not when they maybe getting lucky against you.

It's like when people say 'sorry' after putting a bad beat on you, they aren't really sorry, they are happy they have won and probably were shouting out for the one card to come that gave them the win.

I'm sure your post was meant as friendly, i just think people tend to think the person saying it doesn't really mean it and that's why they don't say anything. 

Anyway sorry to bust in on the thread but your post rang a bell with me as a guy said it last night on a table I was on and no one said anything, including me I'm afraid.

If I'm in a good mood and feel like saying something i might say 'Hi all', or 'good evening' and then people don't really have any excuse not to say 'hi' back
  • edited January 2017
    hey tom,

your candidness in this thread is pretty damn humbling. your family must be so proud, and im sure any lurkers facing similar situation will find inspiration here. being scared and admiting it is something we all bluster and bluff through when facing problems far less trivial than yours. seems like you face it head-on and still somehow keep your humour.

cap is doffed, sir.

thoughts definately with you.

• edited January 2017
    Good Luck with the BT  Tom.  & wow 3 x times in a week!!
  • edited January 2017
    Best Wishes to you and your Family Tom at what must be a very stressful time.
    Why not come and join us at the plo8 tables for some banter.

All the Best,

Eon

• edited January 2017
    Good luck with the procedure, look forward to seeing you again at the tables.....btw were you ever at the wsop ;-)))

Regarding chatbox, before I started playing regularly on Sky I used to play a few times here but stopped coming for a few months after sitting at a table where 2 players started conversing with each other about how bad the rest of the table was, I never commented but I found it extremely rude and actually preferred the usual 'british donkey' ' I destroy you' comments from irate russians on another popular site. 
    I came back though and I really enjoy the site, and play 99% here.  
    On the odd occasion the chatbox gets active (in the bad way not the PLO8 nonsense :-)) my usual MO depends on my mood, ignore, chat ban or reduce them to a puddle with my razor wit.......ok its normally ignore ;-)

Neil
  • edited January 2017
    Good luck with the treatment Tom. Getting through this will be much like poker, you'll have good times and maybe the occasional bad beat along the way, variance can be a pain in many different ways. Just remember to stay positive as it will be a tremendous help.

Take Care,

Paul
    aka Tuney, Enut and many other things
  • edited January 2017
    Good luck with the procedure, look forward to seeing you again at the tables.....btw were you ever at the wsop ;-))) Regarding chatbox, before I started playing regularly on Sky I used to play a few times here but stopped coming for a few months after sitting at a table where 2 players started conversing with each other about how bad the rest of the table was, I never commented but I found it extremely rude and actually preferred the usual 'british donkey' ' I destroy you' comments from irate russians on another popular site.  I came back though and I really enjoy the site, and play 99% here.   On the odd occasion the chatbox gets active (in the bad way not the PLO8 nonsense :-)) my usual MO depends on my mood, ignore, chat ban or reduce them to a puddle with my razor wit.......ok its normally ignore ;-) Neil
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Haha,nice one. Thanks for reminding me about the wsop,I'd completely forgotten ;) I don't like to talk about it though:) the chat box thing was me being a little toooo sensitive, folk are different and I guess things come across as very harsh sometimes when it isn't meant in the way I perceive it. My good lady wife would echo my sentiments as I read into things far too much,I guess it's an age thing,cantankerous old sod at times I am, but on the flip side I can laugh at myself a lot when it is pointed out by wife and kids. Good luck my good man.
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: My story : I think when people say 'good luck' at the beginning of a tourament the other players are probably thinking, you don't mean it. For example, if you have all your chips in the middle with AA and someone calls with QQ then you want to win, you don't want them to get lucky and out draw you with a Q coming so i suppose it comes back to the point of not really wanting them to have luck, certainly not when they maybe getting lucky against you. It's like when people say 'sorry' after putting a bad beat on you, they aren't really sorry, they are happy they have won and probably were shouting out for the one card to come that gave them the win. I'm sure your post was meant as friendly, i just think people tend to think the person saying it doesn't really mean it and that's why they don't say anything.  Anyway sorry to bust in on the thread but your post rang a bell with me as a guy said it last night on a table I was on and no one said anything, including me I'm afraid. If I'm in a good mood and feel like saying something i might say 'Hi all', or 'good evening' and then people don't really have any excuse not to say 'hi' back
    Posted by salazar
    hi Salazar,thanks for giving me your take on this,very valid points,I like to think I do mean g.luck,as I am talking generally and not hand for hand.,you are right when I am behind and need a one outer not to bust I am calling for it,anyway I wish you the best of luck as we all need it ;)
  • edited January 2017
    hey tom, your candidness in this thread is pretty damn humbling. your family must be so proud, and im sure any lurkers facing similar situation will find inspiration here. being scared and admiting it is something we all bluster and bluff through when facing problems far less trivial than yours. seems like you face it head-on and still somehow keep your humour. cap is doffed, sir. thoughts definately with you.
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    Thanks teddy,I am honoured to be the recipient of your good wishes,I have read some of your posts and you have the wordsmithiness that I can only aspire to,please keep up the good work,laughter is the best medicine in my humble opinion,take care and good luck to you my good man.
  • edited January 2017
    Good Luck with the BT  Tom.  & wow 3 x times in a week!!
    Posted by Glenelg
    Thanks glen,I guess I will have to be careful of the positive tilt aspect now :) 
  • edited January 2017
    Best Wishes to you and your Family Tom at what must be a very stressful time. Why not come and join us at the plo8 tables for some banter.                           All the Best,                                        Eon                                       
    Posted by eon1961
    Thank you eon, your best wishes are greatfully received, I will defo try to pop in to the pl08 tables to complete the challenge before the end of the year.tc and g.luck.
  • edited January 2017
    Good luck with the treatment Tom. Getting through this will be much like poker, you'll have good times and maybe the occasional bad beat along the way, variance can be a pain in many different ways. Just remember to stay positive as it will be a tremendous help. Take Care, Paul aka Tuney, Enut and many other things
    Posted by Enut
    Thank you Paul, I am trying to stay positive with a lot of help from my good lady wife and family,it really is so so humbling that folk take the time to post and wish me all the best,I hope you are well as is your good lady,tc and g.luck.
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: My story : Morning Tom. THREE appointments before Christmas? Yikes. Not sure if that is good or bad. I suppose, on balance, you'd rather not spend Christmas worrying about when they will be. Anyway, it looks like the Hossie are well and truly on your case, so that's good. Maybe your poker run-good (I see you have been on a bit of a HEATERRRRR!) will transfer across to those medical tests, & you get some good results. Fingers well & truly crossed. Hove Dogs? Well there's a thing. I go there around 4 or 5 times per year, & book a table, & a meal, in that lovely trackside restaurant.  My young lady LOVES going to Hove Dogs, & having the meal. It's actually quite a nice evening. Expensive though - I give her £60 (£5 per race) to bet with, & never get a penny back......
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thank you so much for the best wishes,poker wise yea,I must have been put on the top tier of ...now what did that bloke say in BBv rigged thread.?   :)  hove dogs, I remember the first time I went there,it was pretty similar to my poker journey. I will post below as I I am running out of room on my iPad.
  • edited January 2017
    I recall my first days on skypoker,I joined with the promise of get £10 free tourney tokens, I mean how could I turn that down?i was lucky enough to win a tournament in the first week of playing, yep the £2 deep stack, so it game me some wiggle room to play more often and increase stake, now in the first year or so I made a few withdrawals and worked out that I hadn't deposited and had withdrawn £1 k, not bragging just putting my journey in print.

Hove dogs, now I had been brought up on a council estate as previously mentioned, and have a fair bit of gambling on the horses history, but not had too much dog betting knowledge, I know the basics, ie win, forecast,reverse forecast.

I went for the first time with a group of friends I played squash with ( long time ago) and the first race I thought I would do a bet which you choose 3 dogs and if any of the 3 finish 1st and 2nd I would get a forecast in,( or so I thought) well the race finished and my chosen dogs came 1 st 2 nd and 3 rd, I showed my mates and said look at that! I should have done a combo of choosing the first 3 home. Well I go to the pay out desk expecting about £18 and she says that's £134 sir.... I nearly fell through the floor! Of course I scuttled away before she could see her mistake( I was younger and morals were not fully formed) but apparently the pay out was right as I had mistakenly done an always 3 combo or somesuch.now how lucky am I :)
  • edited January 2017
    Good luck in the coming weeks hope everything goes well for you, and great form in the Deepie well done.
  • edited January 2017
    Good luck in the coming weeks hope everything goes well for you, and great form in the Deepie well done.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    Thanks Dale,I have been running a little bit golden lately,I'm sure you don't need me to remind you that if someone's calling big bets with 2 the same suit and a third comes on the river there's a 99.9% chance they have it, take care mate and good luck.
  • edited January 2017
    How am I feeling.? Well,,, nervous,scared, but on the other hand grateful that I have a condition that potentially can be treated, also I feel very lucky to have a wife and family that support me through these testing times.

tom your feelings are very understandable and  normal my dad had a stroke about 3 years ago he was fortunate that my mam had realised that he was unwell and took him  to hospital in the middle of the night .
    because of her prompt action he was able to benefit from receiving  a clot  busting injection that must be administered within a few hours of the onset of the stroke to work.
    to this day he swears that the most scariest moment of his life was going into the scanner thinking is this the end of life as I know it fear of the unknown as he summed it up.
    he was very lucky and now apart from a bit  of weakness  in his left hand he's made a full recovery.

we have a brilliant national health service and you seem to have put your trust in the specialist care team to treat your condition and hopefully with their skill and your family's  love and support you'll  soon be back bossing  the deepies. 

the  way your going you'll probably win another half of dozen  before you start your treatment
  • edited January 2017
    B DAY imminent. I have been running pretty good/ lucky on the pokeramo front lately, my sister wants to go Brighton dogs on 20 th dec so I withdrew some funds and said I would pay for us all, yikes there's now 11 of us and at £34.50 each that's a bit of a hit lol.,I haven't seen her for a while as she lives oop north so it will be really nice to catch up. The above was written before the postman arrived, I received a letter today bearing good? News. I have my date for the brachytherapy op, it is the 18 th December , I also have a pre radiotherapy planning meeting at hospital on 4 th December , and a pre op appointment at haywards Heath hospital on the 8th December. How am I feeling.? Well,,, nervous,scared, but on the other hand grateful that I have a condition that potentially can be treated, also I feel very lucky to have a wife and family that support me through these testing times. It seems I will have to cancel the trip to Brighton dogs,shame but hey oh I think the treatment out kicks it. Thanks for all the best wishes and be lucky all.x
    Posted by tomgoodun

you are an inspiration to us all Tom.

i´m sure i´m not the only one here waiting for the tap on the shoulder. when it comes i just hope i can be as cool as you are. gl and wp.

• edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: My story : Thanks Dale,I have been running a little bit golden lately,I'm sure you don't need me to remind you that if someone's calling big bets with 2 the same suit and a third comes on the river there's a 99.9% chance they have it, take care mate and good luck.
    Posted by tomgoodun
    That's obviously your way of telling me to start believing and stop making silly calls. I'll take note :)
  • edited January 2017
    at least you don't suffer from dumb blond syndrome  like me tom.

I was down the pub before when I asked the landlords son  if i could lend his laptop for a few minutes to have a look a

at the sky poker site he brought it over  I posted on your thread about me dad  when he had a stroke .

thought no more about it till I've just logged in now and low and behold he'd logged himself in to skybet  in his  own name

and i'd posted using it I don't know who's the daftest me or him.

I think it must be something to do with that wobbly water they serve doooohhhh
  • edited January 2017
    at least you don't suffer from dumb blond syndrome  like me tom. I was down the pub before when I asked the landlords son  if i could lend his laptop for a few minutes to have a look a at the sky poker site he brought it over  I posted on your thread about me dad  when he had a stroke . thought no more about it till I've just logged in now and low and behold he'd logged himself in to skybet  in his  own name   and i'd posted using it I don't know who's the daftest me or him. I think it must be something to do with that wobbly water they serve doooohhhh
    Posted by dumb_blond
    :) it was very kind of you to post that,gives me hope for the future.if that is the daftest thing you have done don't worry,I can beat that tenfold ;) I may share sometime when I have regained my memory as I seem to have a mental block ATM.tc and good luck.