You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

another little spot to ponder.

2»

Comments

• edited January 2017
    A couple of observations from the detail of the calcs I ran.

Generally we are c20-25% to be scooped against and 30-50+% to scoop our opponent.

There was nothing really between us and KK23 for the low which seemed odd to me. In fact we are a very slight favourite.

I suppose that to get 3 low cards out of 5678 is not so likely and if an A or 4 hits we were behind anyway, and we have the blocker to the A. If a 2 or 3 hits our opponent is counterfeit. Does that explain it? Am I missing something?

I reckon I could win a lot on a prop bet by asking people what is the favourite for the low AAT4 or KK23?
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: another little spot to ponder.:
    A couple of observations from the detail of the calcs I ran. Generally we are c20-25% to be scooped against and 30-50+% to scoop our opponent. There was nothing really between us and KK23 for the low which seemed odd to me. In fact we are a very slight favourite. I suppose that to get 3 low cards out of 5678 is not so likely and if an A or 4 hits we were behind anyway, and we have the blocker to the A. If a 2 or 3 hits our opponent is counterfeit. Does that explain it? Am I missing something? I reckon I could win a lot on a prop bet by asking people what is the favourite for the low AAT4 or KK23?
    Posted by Phantom66

Just to clarify are you say in the first highlighted part that A4 is slight favourite for the low?

In the second are you saying that most would think the 23 hand is favourite?
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: another little spot to ponder. : Just to clarify are you say in the first highlighted part that A4 is slight favourite for the low? In the second are you saying that most would think the 23 hand is favourite?
    Posted by HENDRIK62

Yes and Yes 

Logically 23 is fav v A4 - eg 865 on board then the 23 wins.

I think the 2nd A makes a difference here - but waiting for Tikay's thoughts
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: another little spot to ponder. : Yes and Yes  Logically 23 is fav v A4 - eg 865 on board then the 23 wins. I think the 2nd A makes a difference here - but waiting for Tikay's thoughts
    Posted by Phantom66

So more chance of the 23 being counterfeited as there are only 5 cards to counterfeit the A4 hand?
  • edited January 2017
    Yes it's the only reason I can think of. I think there is a freudian slip in your 2nd spelling of counterfeit, but I also think it fits well when it happens to us.
  • edited January 2017
    Yes it's the only reason I can think of. I think there is a freudian slip in your 2nd spelling of counterfeit, but I also think it fits well when it happens to us.
    Posted by Phantom66

Lol just noticed that, will quickly edit. :-)