You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Change in Reg Fees on DYM's

edited January 2017 in Poker Chat
That is nice to see!

Comments

• edited January 2017

The £2 + £0.25 DYM's are now £2 +£0.20.

So that a shilling per game reduction.

All the low stakes DYM's also have reduced reg fees.
  • edited January 2017
    Reasonable. But why are the Turbos the same rake as the regular speed?

The games complete in roughly a third of the time.
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Change in Reg Fees on £2.25 DYM's.:
    The £2 + £0.25 DYM's are now £2 +£0.20. So that a shilling per game reduction.
    Posted by Tikay10

You would think this and age that 5p was insignificant. 
    We all know what a big difference this makes.

That is a brilliantly great move. 

NH Sky.

• edited January 2017
    All micros are showing as 10%, WP Sky
  • edited January 2017
    I'm playing a £1 dym omaha hi lo and only getting 1 point. It used to be 2 points.
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Change in Reg Fees on £2.25 DYM's.:
    I'm playing a £1 dym omaha hi lo and only getting 1 point. It used to be 2 points.
    Posted by maybenever
    Unreal, You would rather pay higher rake and get an extra point?
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Change in Reg Fees on £2.25 DYM's. : Unreal, You would rather pay higher rake and get an extra point?
    Posted by Snuffer[/QUOTE

Hard enough for the micro stakes player to reach 500 points as it was. Even more difficult now.
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Change in Reg Fees on £2.25 DYM's. :
    In Response to Re: Change in Reg Fees on £2.25 DYM's. : Unreal, You would rather pay higher rake and get an extra point? Posted by Snuffer[/QUOTE Hard enough for the micro stakes player to reach 500 points as it was. Even more difficult now.
    Posted by maybenever
    Think about it logically, you would pay an extra £12.50 in extra rake to get a fiver!
  • edited January 2017
    Lol @ complaining about getting less points. Despite the way announcements go on here, I genuinely couldn't forsee 1 complaint happening on this thread... how wrong I was.

Great news from Sky, wp. I played a random £5 BH the other day as well and noticed it was £5.50 instead of £5.75, has that been changed all across the board on £5 BHs now? Good stuff if so.
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Change in Reg Fees on £2.25 DYM's. : Unreal, You would rather pay higher rake and get an extra point? Posted by Snuffer[/QUOTE Hard enough for the micro stakes player to reach 500 points as it was. Even more difficult now.
    Posted by maybenever
    Try looking at it this way

Before, you play 250 £1 games, pay £37.50 in rake, recieve £5 

Now, you play 250 £1 games, pay £25 in rake, recieve £2.30 token

Which is better?
  • edited January 2017
    Posted by maybenever
    Think about it maybenever.

You used to play 250 games a week and get,

£5 cash at the end of the week and 5 freerolls.

Now you will get,

A £2.30 token, 5 freerolls, and £12.50 dripped into your account throughout the week.

I make that over £40 a month you will be better off. Happy days.

Ed.
  • edited January 2017
    Great decision by Sky...well played!!!
  • edited January 2017
    Two points I wanna make

1 - Well played Sky thats great news for us, the customers.

2- I know this will never happen but this forum should be for people to raise issues or as some put it complain. I cant understand why people constantly attack someone for raising a query or issue here. Its like there is a mob stopping people from speaking up. Perfectly viable question to ask the points thing is it not? It doesnt necessarily mean the person raising it is complaining or not happy with the rake cut, seems fine to ask the query.
    This is not a personal dig at Snuffer or Lambert who I respect a lot and I know are good people its more a request to maybe not be so quick to create a mob stopping people from speaking up sontructively on the forum.

Ger
  • edited January 2017
    Posted by maybenever
    Dont be a slave to points accumulation. Just enjoy your poker.
  • edited January 2017

I should have added that the same logic now applies to the £0.50 & £1 games which are now £0.55 & £1.10 respectively. 
  • edited January 2017
    Posted by maybenever
    Yes, but you are now MUCH better off overall.
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Change in Reg Fees on £2.25 DYM's. : Yes, but you are now MUCH better off overall.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yes, i get it now. Thank you all for your responses. And thank you to sky for cutting the rake.
  • edited January 2017
    Two points I wanna make 1 - Well played Sky thats great news for us, the customers. 2- I know this will never happen but this forum should be for people to raise issues or as some put it complain. I cant understand why people constantly attack someone for raising a query or issue here. Its like there is a mob stopping people from speaking up. Perfectly viable question to ask the points thing is it not? It doesnt necessarily mean the person raising it is complaining or not happy with the rake cut, seems fine to ask the query. This is not a personal dig at Snuffer or Lambert who I respect a lot and I know are good people its more a request to maybe not be so quick to create a mob stopping people from speaking up sontructively on the forum. Ger
    Posted by gerardirl

Thank you Ger
  • edited January 2017
    Great news, Well played Sky
  • edited January 2017
    Two points I wanna make 1 - Well played Sky thats great news for us, the customers. 2- I know this will never happen but this forum should be for people to raise issues or as some put it complain. I cant understand why people constantly attack someone for raising a query or issue here. Its like there is a mob stopping people from speaking up. Perfectly viable question to ask the points thing is it not? It doesnt necessarily mean the person raising it is complaining or not happy with the rake cut, seems fine to ask the query. This is not a personal dig at Snuffer or Lambert who I respect a lot and I know are good people its more a request to maybe not be so quick to create a mob stopping people from speaking up sontructively on the forum. Ger
    Posted by gerardirl

Whilst I agree in theory, I also think if you ask an absurd question or raise a ridiculous point (like above) then you kinda put yourself up there to be shot down.

• edited January 2017
    Great news, especially as it consistent all the way down to the new 28p DYMs. 

I do have one complaint - I am going to have to update my results spreadsheet now, 1st world problems ;-)
  • edited January 2017
    Excellent news it's refreshing to see a site look after it's players I'm not used to this having coming from a site that systematically tries every possible angle to reduce rewards to players year after year.
    Great promo's, rewards and community feel here keep up the good work Sky :)
  • edited January 2017
    on the advice of other i have been avoiding the smaller DYM for the reason that it is more than 10% rake, which once explained makes sense to anyone playing a reasonable volume of this format.
    i shall now start playing the smaller games once again.
    good decision sky
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Change in Reg Fees on DYM's:
    The £2 + £0.25 DYM's are now £2 +£0.20. So that a shilling per game reduction. All the low stakes DYM's also have reduced reg fees.
    Posted by Tikay10

GLAD ITS ONLINE WOULD NOT LIKE WALKING ABOUT WITH ALL THEM 12d IN MY PURSE

TOOOO HEAVY
  • edited January 2017
    Nice 1 :)

.. but does that mean those nasty £3.30+ sharks are gonna come fishing in the ponds?
  • edited January 2017
    Nice to hear, good move sky :)
  • edited January 2017
    PLO micros haven't changed.
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Change in Reg Fees on DYM's:
    PLO micros haven't changed.
    Posted by VespaPX
    What's PLO?
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Change in Reg Fees on DYM's : What's PLO?
    Posted by Sky__James
    Ermm i'll bite.......Pot Limit Omaha
    Looks all sorted now.
    Ta
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Change in Reg Fees on DYM's : Ermm i'll bite.......Pot Limit Omaha Looks all sorted now. Ta
    Posted by VespaPX
    Hi Mick,

Think James was making the point that PLO DYM traffic is a little "thin".