You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!
Options

New Weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League - Starts from 19th June *OPT IN REQUIRED* EVERYONE is welcome t

edited August 2017 in Poker Chat

This all looks good to me Mark. Big TY to Chris, Sky, TK and of course your good self for getting this on.

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2017
    This will be the official thread for the weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League. All results, updates and changes will be posted in here. 
    FAQ's
    When are the games?

Every night!

Nightly @ 7:15pm - £5.50 buy in PLO8 Bounty Hunter with a £200 guarantee 
    Nightly @ 8:30pm - £5.50 buy in PLO8 Bounty Hunter with a £200 guarantee

Each league week runs from Monday-Sunday.

*Both games count for the 'Jackpot Prize' and league points.

How do I enter the league?

Just make 1 post in the thread saying "in" and you are opted in for eternity or until you opt out.

What can I win?

Win both tourneys in 1 night and you win a £33 tourney ticket. This applies to the 1st person to do this each month only.

Finish in 1st place in the weekly league and you win a £33 tourney ticket.

League points are awarded for making the final table of either £5.50 BH game each night.

1st place = 10 point
    2nd place = 7 points
    3rd place = 5 points
    4th-6th place = 3 points

In the event of a tiebreaker situation - Most bounties taken over the week will be used to decide the winner. 

Anything else I need to know?

Everything is subject to change and the league organisers/Sky's decision is final. To be eligible for these additional prizes you agree to these terms. The structure of payouts etc may be changed without notice and guarantees for the tournaments may be reduced/withdrawn if participation falls below a certain level.

If you have any suggestions to improve the prize payout structure then feel free to give your feedback in this thread and it will be given due consideration. The tickets paid out for prizes cannot be changed to differing denominations (for example you cannot swap a £33 ticket for 6 x £5.50 tickets). This is simply to cut down on administration, no need to give Sky staff more work to do when they are already being generous enough to support the league!

Lastly a big thanks to Sky for supporting the league, to 'Scouse red' for his great efforts in working out all the points and making the tables and a big thanks to everyone who takes part in the league!

New rule effective from 3rd May 2017: Please note that you have 2 weeks from the date you win a prize to post in this thread indicating you are claiming the prize. You can play the ticket whenever you wish, if you could just post to accept the prize. This is so that (a) if players do not claim a prize then the next best finishing player can collect the prize and (b) so we do not have players in 6 months or whatever looking for prizes we have long forgot about.

Good luck!

Players opted in:
    markycash
    pomfrittes
    brinna12
    Essexphil
    eon1961
    safc71
    Paul aka HENDRIK62
    tomgoodun
    Enut
    weecheez1
    The Champ aka ajmilton
    conorshay1
    dragon1964
    chiggypig
    w4rlock
    _kagawa_
    mistymast
    birty964
    TOONGAZZA
    UrABawBag2
    jascham
    Claudecat
    IC_DEADPPL
    Redmeat2
    Bellagio
    SUPERNOVA
    Valley40
    coo1-um
    Rattious
    FLASHJONNY
    churchy18
    adzbo
    GSmith13
    onejohnb
    legslipper
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Fantastic. Well done Sky and all involved that have made it happen. Look forward to it.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: Monthly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League - Everyone welcome to join in - Added prizes - Starts Mon 6th Feb:
       This all looks good to me Mark. Big TY to Chris, Sky, TK and of course your good self for getting this on.
    Posted by pomfrittes
    +1 well done great work
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Thanks folks!

I see there were 28 in the £11er tonight, so fractionally off the guarantee. Hopefully when the league kicks in it can get us that little bit extra and ensure the numbers stay north of the guarantee. Did anyone notice how many were in the £5.50er? I was out all night so didn't get a chance to check, just curious :)

Looking forward to this starting on Monday.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: Monthly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League - Everyone welcome to join in - Added prizes - Starts Mon 6th Feb:
    Thanks folks! I see there were 28 in the £11er tonight, so fractionally off the guarantee. Hopefully when the league kicks in it can get us that little bit extra and ensure the numbers stay north of the guarantee. Did anyone notice how many were in the £5.50er? I was out all night so didn't get a chance to check, just curious :) Looking forward to this starting on Monday.
    Posted by markycash
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: Monthly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League - Everyone welcome to join in - Added prizes - Starts Mon 6th Feb : 45
    Posted by Tikay10
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Great work on this marky and scouse and gl.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: Monthly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League - Everyone welcome to join in - Added prizes - Starts Mon 6th Feb : Thanks :)
    Posted by markycash
    I got it as 42 if we're on about the 7.15 on Sat night  

Players Remaining: 0 / 42

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Thanks folks! I see there were 28 in the £11er tonight, so fractionally off the guarantee. Hopefully when the league kicks in it can get us that little bit extra and ensure the numbers stay north of the guarantee. Did anyone notice how many were in the £5.50er? I was out all night so didn't get a chance to check, just curious :) Looking forward to this starting on Monday.
    Posted by markycash

Marky I've sent you an email 
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: Monthly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League - Everyone welcome to join in - Added prizes - Starts Mon 6th Feb : I got it as 42 if we're on about the 7.15 on Sat night   Players Remaining: 0 / 42
    Posted by scouse_red

yeah 42 last night and 45 on friday night.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: Monthly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League - Everyone welcome to join in - Added prizes - Starts Mon 6th Feb : I got it as 42 if we're on about the 7.15 on Sat night   Players Remaining: 0 / 42
    Posted by scouse_red
    Yup, correct, apologies, don't know where I got 45 from.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: Monthly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League - Everyone welcome to join in - Added prizes - Starts Mon 6th Feb : Yup, correct, apologies, don't know where I got 45 from.
    Posted by Tikay10

Average age? Will obv be doubled if ever you play these games.

Well done Mark & Chris in getting this off the ground and good luck with it.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Thanks all!

One little change to the league position scoring system...

Entrants will still get points based on finishing position and extra points for finishing in the later stages (the FT). It is also still your best 10 results that count. The only change is that there won't be extra 'league points' for bounties taken though. This has proven to be logistically unworkable to incorporate into the scoring system.

With regards to the 'Bounty Hunting' aspect of the league, there is still the £55 (5 x £11 tickets) prize for taking the most bounties in a single night each month.

I have edited the opening post to reflect any changes.

Not long to go now till this gets underway :) Thanks again for the kind comments!
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Marky, you may need to have something in place to determine the most bounties on the night winner, there could be a tie.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Marky, you may need to have something in place to determine the most bounties on the night winner, there could be a tie.
    Posted by chilling
    I thought about this myself Chilling literally an hour ago, I think there are 2 ways to do this

1.... if 2 players tie on 15 and one has 12 & 3 ..... the other 10 & 5 then the 12 & 3 takes it

2.... if both players have the same then the highest total of heads taken across all the games they have played is used

if they are still tied ....... then I'm taking cover and hiding like a hidey thing lol

like everything else whatever is suggested as a solution I will go with on the sheets
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Good point chilling. I will add something to work as a tie breaker when I get home from uni this afternoon, probably whoever gets the most in a single tourney wins if scores are tied. 

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Have updated the criteria for a tie break situation.

Also late registration is now for 50 minutes (it was 40). Late reg was ending just seconds before the break in some of the games, hopefully this gives players a chance to enter during the break and helps the numbers.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: Monthly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League - Everyone welcome to join in - Added prizes - Starts Mon 6th Feb : I thought about this myself Chilling literally an hour ago, I think there are 2 ways to do this 1.... if 2 players tie on 15 and one has 12 & 3 ..... the other 10 & 5 then the 12 & 3 takes it 2.... if both players have the same then the highest total of heads taken across all the games they have played is used if they are still tied ....... then I'm taking cover and hiding like a hidey thing lol like everything else whatever is suggested as a solution I will go with on the sheets
    Posted by scouse_red

I only just noticed your post Chris (I am on my mobile and am hopeless using it on forums). The update I put for a tiebreak situation was exactly what you had suggested anyway :-)

• Options
    edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: Monthly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League - Everyone welcome to join in - Added prizes - Starts Mon 6th Feb : I only just noticed your post Chris (I am on my mobile and am hopeless using it on forums). The update I put for a tiebreak situation was exactly what you had suggested anyway :-)
    Posted by markycash
    great minds and all that lol
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    The first month of this kicks off in 40 minutes! (see opening post for full details)

Assuming the numbers keep up and we get to the second month... There will probably be a few changes to the scoring system for the league points, a couple of issues have been spotted and Chris is working on a more effective system. For the first month we can just go with what we have though and see how everything pans out :)

Good luck all!
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: Monthly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League - Everyone welcome to join in - Added prizes - Starts TONIGHT:
    The first month of this kicks off in 40 minutes! (see opening post for full details) Assuming the numbers keep up and we get to the second month... There will probably be a few changes to the scoring system for the league points, a couple of issues have been spotted and Chris is working on a more effective system. For the first month we can just go with what we have though and see how everything pans out :) Good luck all!
    Posted by markycash

Will def play this when I can xcept Mondays as it's DTD. Unfortunately, my brain...I mean pooter can't cope with more than 4 x tables.  If I bomb out early (which only happens once a week) you might see me at 9:15.

Gl ALL and a BIG TY to Chris.  Hero again.... terrible colours but still a hero.  ;-)

• Options
    edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: Monthly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League - Everyone welcome to join in - Added prizes - Starts TONIGHT:
    In Response to Re: Monthly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League - Everyone welcome to join in - Added prizes - Starts TONIGHT : Will def play this when I can xcept Mondays as it's DTD. Unfortunately, my brain...I mean pooter can't cope with more than 4 x tables.  If I bomb out early (which only happens once a week) you might see me at 9:15. Gl ALL and a BIG TY to Chris.  Hero again.... terrible colours but still a hero.  ;-)
    Posted by Glenelg
    Nice 1, cya on the tables :)
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Congrats to our first winner!

Pomfrittes wins the FT Jackpot on night 1 of the league by winning the £5.50 BH (despite having a very tricky opponent :-p) and also finishes 2nd in the £11 BH. Very well deserved Pom and you showed great sportsmanship heads up by going slow when your opponent was disconnected!

Will contact you about the £55 (5 x £11 tickets) Pom.

It was a great start to the league tonight. The £11 hit its guarantee with 31 runners and the £5.50 smashed its record and got 68 runners.

Hopefully see you all tomorrow night, still the monthly league and most bounties in a single night prizes to play for.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Ha, well done Uncle Pommy, what a boss.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Very well played Bill.

As Mark says Pomfrittes gets the first ever prize awarded in this league for his top 3 finish in both tournies on one night

and it will probably come as no surprise to learn that he currently leads the Bounty leaderboard too

FIRST PLAYER TO FINISH IN TOP 3 IN BOTH
    PLAYER 7.15 9.15
    pomfrittes 1 2 WIN

MOST NIGHTLY BOUNTIES TO DATE
    PLAYER 7.15 9.15 TOTAL
    pomfrittes 7 6 13
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I'm not sure how often Mark would like me to post the overall leaderboard as technically no-one actually gets a score until they've played 10 games. however I'll just post the top 10 places as it stands after the first night to give youa flavour of how it looks

Monday Tuesday Wedn.day Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday

7.15 9.15 7.15 9.15 7.15 9.15 7.15 9.15 7.15 9.15 7.15 9.15 7.15 9.15

No of players
    68 31 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 TOT TOT BEST
    PLAYER

PNTS PLYD 10
    pomfrittes
    73 33

106 2
    conorshay1
    65 19

84 2
    Whizzewky
    48 31

79 2
    JJFlash66
    49 24

73 2
    markycash
    70 2

72 2
    fish4it231
    57 11

68 2
    trevil25

68 1
    troyboy172

66 1
    botneck
    62 3

65 2
    denman18

64 1
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Thanks for the updates Chris. Regarding the frequency of updates... Just whatever you think is best.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Have messaged you regarding your prize pom. Congrats again!
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    GL to everyone tonight and especially to a couple of new players to Sky who said they will come and play some games tonight Milena and Helen (Helen's usual poker alias was Hels Bels, not sure if it is the same on Sky).