You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

hero call

edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
charwin Small blind   15.00 15.00 1945.00
BlackFish3 Big blind   30.00 45.00 1670.00
  Your hole cards

J_Wilson Call   30.00 75.00 1308.75
redmaz Fold        
hawkeye333 Fold        
charwin Fold        
BlackFish3 Check        
Flop

• K

BlackFish3 Check        
J_Wilson Bet   56.25 131.25 1252.50
BlackFish3 Call   56.25 187.50 1613.75
Turn

BlackFish3 Check        
J_Wilson Bet   210.00 397.50 1042.50
BlackFish3 Call   210.00 607.50 1403.75
River

BlackFish3 Check        
J_Wilson All-in   1042.50 1650.00 0.00
BlackFish3 Call   1042.50 2692.50 361.25
BlackFish3 Show

J_Wilson Show
  • J

BlackFish3 Win Two Pairs, 10s and 8s 2692.50   3053.75

Comments

• edited February 2010
    im a massive calling station :D
  • edited February 2010
    Not a fan. I fold all streets.  What are you hoping to be beating? and how likely is ur hand to improve? if he is drawing how many cards are there to improve him? lots!  Hard to know where u r, and u get put into tough decisions as per the shove at the end.

What did u put him on and why? DId history affect your decision? 

XXX
  • edited February 2010
    My thinking... flop i feel is pretty standard... i am probably ahead and want to see what he does on the turn so i just check call (note the use of the auto bet button on the flop), turn he overbets the pot so i am thinking he is either bluffing or has the king and is super scared of the flush draw... river is the perfect card for me, i dont think he would over bet the pot on the turn with a ten so when he shoves im pretty sure i have him. He did a very similiar bluff to this with his bet sizes a couple hands before it otherwise i would of just folded quickly lol.
  • edited February 2010
    Putting stacks at risk in limped pots with like 10th pair is pretty bad IMO.
  • edited February 2010
    sometimes you have to listen to that  'gut feeling' ,sometimes its right and it makes you feel and look gr8,other times it makes you bust out in a very chump like fashion...goood call 'n well played.
  • edited February 2010
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: hero call:
    very loose
    Posted by KidPoker3
    what do you mean loose? still cant believe you called my m8 a calling station for calling you down with ace high lol.
  • edited February 2010
    very loose
    Posted by KidPoker3
    blackfish surely you will lose over time? i had a hand in the open tonight KK was raised by i think  ug to 3500 (blinds were 500 1000) i was bb folded to me and re-raised to  10000 he went all in 65000 i thought for a while as it was a third of my stack  85000 i called he showed 6 9  flop came 6 9 j rest is history (he won) thought all the fish went out earlier!! still im not bitter !!!!!! also how do you get the hand you have posted or any hand up  talked to sky poker help but she could not understand! what i meant
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: hero call : blackfish surely you will lose over time? i had a hand in the open tonight KK was raised by i think  ug to 3500 (blinds were 500 1000) i was bb folded to me and re-raised to  10000 he went all in 65000 i thought for a while as it was a third of my stack  85000 i called he showed 6 9  flop came 6 9 j rest is history (he won) thought all the fish went out earlier!! still im not bitter !!!!!! also how do you get the hand you have posted or any hand up  talked to sky poker help but she could not understand! what i meant
    Posted by JONONZIE
    select the hand id from your hand history then copy and paste it,it will look wrong when you first put it on but it comes out ok hope this helps
  • edited February 2010
    lol of course i will, was just a tilty, tired call sorta thing... i havent slept in over 24 hours haha. I just fancied the hero call because i felt really strongly i was ahead. If i lose then i leave the table quietly! btw jononzie there is always a fish around and if you cant spot it then its you ;)... so the saying goes... dont think about calling off 1/3 your stack with KK, borderline slow rolling! ul losing though. to post a hand go on to your hand history, highlight the hand, right click and press copy... then paste it onto a thread... simples!
    hope this helps
  • edited February 2010
    u mean the DYM when u went out first and me are ur so called mate,i presume ur talking about strat- laughed about how watched the sun shine out of his proverbial backside,told u to chill that nite,still goin on about it r u??

Me n strat where both laughin and joking about the banter and it made it a much more fun game,instead of all serious- i.e u.
  • edited February 2010
    u mean the DYM when u went out first and me are ur so called mate,i presume ur talking about strat- laughed about how watched the sun shine out of his proverbial backside,told u to chill that nite,still goin on about it r u?? Me n strat where both laughin and joking about the banter and it made it a much more fun game,instead of all serious- i.e u.
    Posted by KidPoker3
    lol whats your problem? i know you are new but chill out instead of putting 'i still see there are calling machines at this level' (when its only £3 lol) when you make a poor bluff and get called... at least it made us crack up.
  • edited February 2010
    Putting stacks at risk in limped pots with like 10th pair is pretty bad IMO.
    Posted by scotty77
    10th pair atrocious kicker aswel.
  • edited February 2010
    makes it even more of a hero call :)
  • edited February 2010
    Results say weeeeeeeeeeee
  • edited February 2010
    well thats one fine read by calling his all in after the river.

i dont think i would ever call with what you had but im a nit!

i respect your play as ive seen how good your sharkscope graph looks lol

im guesing kidpoker doesnt like your bravado then??
  • edited February 2010
    Lol pretty bad calling i spose... hard calling decisions and u have no idea where you are in the hand... just asking for trouble.... long-term you lose loads :(
  • edited February 2010
    I hope you keep making these call downs for the benefit of poker.
  • edited February 2010
    don't see how you can be proud of this.
  • edited February 2010
    2344924352010-02-17 22:41:51114758.00
    • K
    • K
    • Q
    • A
    • INFINITYEV won 114758.00 with a Two Pairs, 9s and 6s
    thanks mabsue and blackfish3 here is the hand the guy was very agresive we did chat he normaly plays cash and this was only his second turney checked his sharkscope and from one turny he was £400 up ! he also got placed in this one, when he raised all in i did think before calling as he may have had AA was beaten by that very hand around 15 hands earlier which crushed my 99 so thought it was dayjaview so stopped to think also it was for two thirds of my stack not one third as i said earlier i was very annoyed at the time but after reading james blogg (which was brilliant by the way) perhaps his play was not so bad even though he was only getting 15% 
  • edited February 2010

cant get this pasting right
  • edited February 2010
    Jononzie,

Go to the hand history page, and load up the hand you want and click from top left n scroll down until everything is selected click copy and when you paste it, it will look a bit weird while writing the message but when you submit the result fine.(well i've heard chrome doesnt work, so use ff or ie if you are)
  • edited February 2010

No problem with bravado but surely over time this is a money waster?
  • edited February 2010

yes i wouldnt suggest playing as loose as that but i think blackfish wants to be the next luke 'fullflush' as they are very similar with there table banter!!

• edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: hero call : blackfish surely you will lose over time? i had a hand in the open tonight KK was raised by i think  ug to 3500 (blinds were 500 1000) i was bb folded to me and re-raised to  10000 he went all in 65000 i thought for a while as it was a third of my stack  85000 i called he showed 6 9  flop came 6 9 j rest is history (he won) thought all the fish went out earlier!! still im not bitter !!!!!! also how do you get the hand you have posted or any hand up  talked to sky poker help but she could not understand! what i meant
    Posted by JONONZIE
    People say this all the time (surely you will lose over time) but he isn't going to make the call with this hand and those community cards every time. It was situation and player specific. He felt he was ahead so he made the call and he was right. Surely, good players do that regularly, dont they? I saw Patrik Antonius make a call on the river for $400K with K high a few weeks ago and he won! The villain had Q high.
  • edited February 2010
    234492435 cant get this pasting right
    Posted by JONONZIE
    What browser are you using? It works with IE and FF but not with Safari or Chrome.
  • edited February 2010
    yes i wouldnt suggest playing as loose as that but i think blackfish wants to be the next luke 'fullflush' as they are very similar with there table banter!!
    Posted by donkeyplop
    Just not quite the skill level to go with it
  • edited February 2010
    if we always folded to a raise or an all-in this game would be quite boring,but the beauty of no-limit is you CAN win with nothing,you can also call and win with a slightly bigger nothing..thats where the SKILL bit comes in..sussing WHY and HOW the opponents suddenly developed a 'monster'.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: hero call : Just not quite the skill level to go with it
    Posted by big_mick12
    maybe not yet but he is a young puppy lol.

ive said to blackfish i like the way he is and i know some people here dont like his views/opinions.

imo hes just young and confident. i think u need to be very confident to be a good poker player.