You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Viva Las Vegas 2017 - the journey has begun.

edited April 2017 in Poker Chat

Good morning.

Sky Poker's Viva Las Vegas 2017 starts today.

Any questions or comments, please use this thread.

I'll post a few bits & bobs today, & will add to them as we go along.

Good luck all.

Comments

• edited March 2017

Please note that you MUST be 21 or over when due to attend Las Vegas. Players who will not be 21 by the package dates should not enter, as their place cannot be taken by someone else.

Packages are NOT transferable, cannot be sold, & no cash alternative is available. If you cannot attend, please don't enter. 

You may only win ONE Viva Las Vegas package, no matter what route you choose. So if you win a package in, say, a Satellite, you cannot win a package in MISSION or LEAGUES. 

You CAN win a £4,000 & an £11,600 package of course, as they are separate, & on different dates.   

• edited March 2017

The VIVA LAS VEGAS SATELLITES start today, Sunday March 5th.

The Satellite page is HERE

To find Viva Las Vegas Satellites in the Lobby, easiest means is to use the VEGAS tab.

The very first satellite is at 11.50 this morning, & costs £2.25. Various Satellites will run all day, leading to a Quarter Final at 2045 tonight.

Finals for the £4,000 package will take place on;

Sunday 2nd April

Sunday 30th April

Sunday 28th May

5 packages are Guaranteed in each of those Finals.

For the £11,600 package, the Final, with 5 seats Guaranteed, will take place on Sunday May 28th

Please read the T & C's BEFORE entering.  

• edited March 2017

MISSION LAS VEGAS starts tomorrow, Monday March 6th.

Please note, you MUST OPT IN.

The MISSION LAS VEGAS page is
    HERE

The Missions for Week 1 are on that Landing Page. Please be aware that for each of the 4 separate weeks, the Missions may change.

Complete the Mission, & you get entry into a Freeroll the following Saturday @ 20.30.

Each of the 4 MISSION LAS VEGAS Freerolls carries a £6,500 Prize Pool, comprised of a £4,000 Viva Las Vegas package for the winner, & £2,500 in cash prizes. 

Total prizes on offer in MISSION LAS VEGAS are £26,000. 

Please note Prio Players are NOT eligible to enter MISSION LAS VEGAS.       

• edited March 2017

VIVA LAS VEGAS LEAGUES start tomorrow, Monday 6th March.

The landing page is HERE

There are separate Leagues for cash players, and SNG's.

The Leagues run for 4 separate weeks.

A £4,000 package will be awarded to each League Winner each week, for both Cash, & SNG's. So that's 8 x £4,000 Packages.

In addition, the top 99 in each League each week (top 100 excluding the winner) will get entry into a Freeroll the following week, which will have a maximum of 198 (2 x 99 max) runners. 

Each of these 4 Freerolls carries a prize pool of £9,000, being a £4,000 Las Vegas package, & £5,000 in cash. 

Total prize pools in Viva Las Vegas Leagues amount to £68,000 & includes 12 packages plus £20,000 in cash prizes.    

• edited March 2017

So that's it for now, will add more news as & when. Please keep an eye on the Promotions Page, as there may be some other surprises in store along the way.

Any questions, fire away.

• edited March 2017
    Thanks for all the info and good luck to all those trying to qualify!

I notice there are only satellites to the £4000 package opened at the moment. Is this intentional? When will the £11,600 package sattys open?
  • edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas 2017 - the journey has begun.:
    Thanks for all the info and good luck to all those trying to qualify! I notice there are only satellites to the £4000 package opened at the moment. Is this intentional? When will the £11,600 package sattys open?
    Posted by markycash
    The semi-finals for the £4k package are on Saturdays whereas the main package are on Sundays. Based on this I assume the main packages start tomorrow.
  • edited March 2017
  • edited March 2017
    Any chance some sync breaks can be put into all of the sats please?  None, including the QF, had one today from what I saw.
  • edited March 2017
    Any chance some sync breaks can be put into all of the sats please?  None, including the QF, had one today from what I saw.
    Posted by TommyD
    Yep - was just praying for the 5 min break to sort out kids - and de nada :(

• edited March 2017
    Posted by TommyD
    I'll pass that upstairs, Tommy.

PS - well done on qualifying for the semi-final at the first attempt.

• edited March 2017

^^^

Apologies Tommy, I confused you with Mr Bates.
  • edited March 2017
    Posted by TommyD

Breaks in these Sats please!
  • edited March 2017
    Plus 1 to breaks-really tricky getting nappies in my size....
  • edited March 2017
    Morning all,

Sorry about this. Sync breaks now added to all Vegas sats.

Sam
  • edited March 2017
    Plus 1 to breaks-really tricky getting nappies in my size....
    Posted by Essexphil

Killing myself laughing at this..... funniest thing I've read in ages (:D}
  • edited March 2017

There is a £60 Qtr Final for the £11,600 Viva Las Vegas package at 20.15 this evening (Monday). 2 seats are Guaranteed into this Sunday's Semi-Final.

Plenty of Micros feed into it all afternoon & early evening, at £6.60 or £13.20.

• edited March 2017

Viva Las Vegas, Baby.

A little VLV Blog is now up,
    HERE
  • edited March 2017

The first Semi Final for the £4,000 package is this Saturday, & it has 10 seats Guaranteed to the first £4,000 Package on Sunday 2nd April. The 2nd April Final will send FIVE players to Las Vegas.

For this Sunday, 16 players are already qualified as follows:

BigFlic854000
    FlynTimber4000
    hazelwoo054000
    HMFC4EVER4000
    IrishRose4000
    JCordy4000
    langdang4000
    loololollo4000
    lyonsbob064000
    markycash4000
    MattBates4000
    MOOCH4000
    MSDOS4000
    SenorBegs4000
    SparkyKeef4000
    ZIPPY1464000
  • edited March 2017

Meanwhile, this Sunday is the first Semi Final for the £11,600 Package, & it guarantees FOUR x £1,260 seats into the Big Final on Sunday May 28th.

4 players have booked their seat for this Sunday so far;
    IrishRose5000
    Hoff925000
    goldnballz5000
    Frankie1225000

• edited March 2017

Note, one player is already qualified for BOTH of those Semi Finals.

Come on boys, do keep up.  
  • edited March 2017
    any idea when the leagues get updated? thanks in advance
  • edited March 2017
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    All being well, daily from today. 

The last I heard the data was just being assembled.

• edited March 2017
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    They are now showing on site, Micky, & I see you are going along nicely, tucked in behind the leaders with a double handful.
  • edited March 2017
    very happy with that! didnt think id be that high up :) 
    i take it tikay you not reg?

for me i think you should
  • edited March 2017
    very happy with that! didnt think id be that high up :)  i take it tikay you not reg? for me i think you should
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    Well done m8, keep it going.

I did consider Opting In, just to "test" how it all works, but decided against it in the end, in case folks got uppity with me. I play a fair few SNG's here, so I'd likely be on the Leaderboard somewhere, but it's probably best if I swerve it.

• edited March 2017
    you would be above me. pretty certain i said this last year aswell lol dajavu. but you spend your money here, earn your poker points and would be awesome to see you win via the freeroll and get a decent cash in vegas.

i do understand tho as lots like a moan up, and the online poker is fixed brigade would have a field day.
  • edited March 2017
    Note, one player is already qualified for BOTH of those Semi Finals. Come on boys, do keep up.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Unfortunately Mr Tikay I've discovered that it's not where you start in the satellite games that counts - it's only where you finish ;)
  • edited March 2017
    Just checking to make sure the leaderboards are going to be updated today? ty
  • edited March 2017
    Just checking to make sure the leaderboards are going to be updated today? ty
    Posted by nickd49931
    Pretty sure you're going to vegas. Wd