You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Viva Las Vegas 2017 - the journey has begun.

2»

Comments

• edited March 2017
    In Response to Viva Las Vegas 2017 - the journey has begun.:
     Any questions or comments, please use this thread. 
    Posted by Tikay10
    I will be giving the cash/sng leagues a bash at some point very soon (still trying to figure out my best route to try) but a couple of questions have come up which I have no idea of the answer to. Would be grateful if they could be clarified before I put any serious effort into qualifying :)

I read that Prio members are excluded from the VLV leagues and I won't get involved in that debate as there is a thread for that. I am not a Prio member currently so from my personal perspective it looks like I can have a pop at these.

However, what happens if...

1: Lets say hypothetically that I give this promo a whirl and amass 20k points that week trying and win the league. Do you lose the package because you won too many points? (As obviously in the course of winning you would have become a Prio member).

2: You amass 20k points during the week and do not win the league. Are you then barred from trying again because you became a Prio member in your previous weeks attempt?

Thanks in advance for any clarity that can be provided :)
  • edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas 2017 - the journey has begun.:
    In Response to Viva Las Vegas 2017 - the journey has begun. : I will be giving the cash/sng leagues a bash at some point very soon (still trying to figure out my best route to try) but a couple of questions have come up which I have no idea of the answer to. Would be grateful if they could be clarified before I put any serious effort into qualifying :) I read that Prio members are excluded from the VLV leagues and I won't get involved in that debate as there is a thread for that. I am not a Prio member currently so from my personal perspective it looks like I can have a pop at these. However, what happens if... 1: Lets say hypothetically that I give this promo a whirl and amass 20k points that week trying and win the league. Do you lose the package because you won too many points? (As obviously in the course of winning you would have become a Prio member). 2: You amass 20k points during the week and do not win the league. Are you then barred from trying again because you became a Prio member in your previous weeks attempt? Thanks in advance for any clarity that can be provided :)
    Posted by markycash
    From memory you only become priority at the end of each month (or rather the 1st of the following month) - not the moment you hit 10k points so feel free to aim for the leagues til end of the month :)
  • edited March 2017
    Thanks Rose, that adds some clarity :)

I guess question 1 is till open with regards to the last week of the promo which ends on April 2nd.
  • edited March 2017
    Prio members are only excluded from mission las vegas, anyone (including prio) can opt in to the las vegas leagues promo as this is separate, so you wont be affected in anyway by hitting priority.
  • edited March 2017
    Thanks Rose, that adds some clarity :) I guess question 1 is till open with regards to the last week of the promo which ends on April 2nd.
    Posted by markycash
    No. Both questions are irrelevant, as Prio players are not excluded from Viva Las Vegas satellites.  
  • edited March 2017
    Ah okay, thanks folks!

Full steam ahead from next Monday then :)
  • edited March 2017
    Ah okay, thanks folks! Full steam ahead from next Monday then :)
    Posted by markycash
    Hi marky wp last night in the semi I was railing both tables at the bubble could you post the final hand in the clinic I thought in the circumstances it was an interesting one your opponents shove with 99 seemed a bit loose I can only assume you had been playing creatively before hand :-)
  • edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas 2017 - the journey has begun. : Hi marky wp last night in the semi I was railing both tables at the bubble could you post the final hand in the clinic I thought in the circumstances it was an interesting one your opponents shove with 99 seemed a bit loose I can only assume you had been playing creatively before hand :-)
    Posted by weecheez1
    Hi mate, thanks!

Yeah sure, I will try and dig it out although in the circumstances I probably should have been folding kings there. I just couldn't be bothered sitting for another half an hour on the bubble and figured I had enough chips that I should probably still get the ticket anyway even if I lost the hand.
  • edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas 2017 - the journey has begun. : Hi mate, thanks! Yeah sure, I will try and dig it out although in the circumstances I probably should have been folding kings there. I just couldn't be bothered sitting for another half an hour on the bubble and figured I had enough chips that I should probably still get the ticket anyway even if I lost the hand.
    Posted by markycash
    I was thinking more about your opponent I think there was still two or three players with lower stacks than him and it just seemed like a strange move at the time so I was thinking there must of been a bit of history
  • edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas 2017 - the journey has begun. : I was thinking more about your opponent I think there was still two or three players with lower stacks than him and it just seemed like a strange move at the time so I was thinking there must of been a bit of history
    Posted by weecheez1
    Posted the hand in the poker clinic :)

Yes agree, they had open jammed my BB a few times though. There was no real history, I had taken some chips off him but was ahead on all streets etc. Im not sure about the shove. I should be folding almost everything in the spot and if he gets the fold he has 'probably/maybe' tied up a ticket.
  • ommomm
    edited March 2017
    Is the no All In Sats at all for Vegas Sat?
  • edited March 2017
    Thought I'd registered for a micro sat to a main last night, then realised as soon as it started it was a Las Vegas sat. Won that and then the quarter final, maybe it's fate...:P
  • edited March 2017
    The journey continues, only gone and binked a final seat. Could this be the greatest mis click ever? :D
  • edited March 2017
    The journey continues, only gone and binked a final seat. Could this be the greatest mis click ever? :D
    Posted by nickkay
    Nice one nick lad, TID
    Meanwhile come and play some plo8,  :-)

• edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas 2017 - the journey has begun. : Nice one nick lad, TID Meanwhile come and play some plo8,  :-)
    Posted by ajmilton
    Cheers mate hope you're well, as for coming back to plopping, is there any point now super fish TK is playing NLH Sit and Go'S? ;) No value with sharks like you, Eon and Bri :P
  • edited April 2017

The cash and SnG leagues were not updated on Saturday.  Would it be possible for them to be updated going into the last day early on Sunday please.  I realise my own chances are akin to a sphere of frozen water travelling through the second level of Dante's Inferno, but I think quite a few people would like to know the state of play going for that final push.

Thanks.

• edited April 2017
    The cash and SnG leagues were not updated on Saturday.  Would it be possible for them to be updated going into the last day early on Sunday please.  I realise my own chances are akin to a sphere of frozen water travelling through the second level of Dante's Inferno, but I think quite a few people would like to know the state of play going for that final push. Thanks.
    Posted by TommyD
    whooooo tommy teacher talk you,ll confuse us all
    gl mate go and qualify
  • edited April 2017
    The cash and SnG leagues were not updated on Saturday.  Would it be possible for them to be updated going into the last day early on Sunday please.  I realise my own chances are akin to a sphere of frozen water travelling through the second level of Dante's Inferno, but I think quite a few people would like to know the state of play going for that final push. Thanks.
    Posted by TommyD
    Hi Mr D,

I became aware of this problem about an hour ago. There was some sort of issue with the data, which reproduced Friday's Table instead of a new Table for Saturday.

The right suits are aware now & on the case, & all being well, it should be sorted on Sunday, hopefully before lunchtime.

Apologies.  
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas 2017 - the journey has begun. : Hi Mr D, I became aware of this problem about an hour ago. There was some sort of issue with the data, which reproduced Friday's Table instead of a new Table for Saturday.   The right suits are aware now & on the case, & all being well, it should be sorted on Sunday, hopefully before lunchtime.   Apologies.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    No apologies needed, things happen, especially with tech.  Was just flagging it up so everyone involved could have a fair shake final day.

Thanks for the message and sorting yesterday's table Mr K.
  • edited April 2017

Morning Tommy, & all those taking part in the Viva Las Vegas Leagues. 

As far as I can see, the Saturday Update (up to c-o-p Friday) has now been sorted, albeit rather later than it should have been.

All being well - note the insurance policy in those 3 words, "all being well" - it will be updated again today to reflect the correct standings at close of play Saturday.

Apologies for yesterday.

• edited April 2017

For those mildly interested in what a sphere of frozen water travelling through level 2 of Dante's Inferno looks like, here you go;

1alancarr12245
    2TommyD205
    3benc150
    4FeelGroggy145
    5Cammykaze100
    5dialbi4100
    5duonross100
  • edited April 2017
    For those mildly interested in what a sphere of frozen water travelling through level 2 of Dante's Inferno looks like, here you go; 1 alancarr12 245 2 TommyD 205 3 benc 150 4 FeelGroggy 145 5 Cammykaze 100 5 dialbi4 100 5 duonross 100
    Posted by Tikay10
    I don't think I need to be backed up by the FBI when I say that I blame Russian interference.

Good luck all on the final day :)
  • edited April 2017
    Morning Tommy, & all those taking part in the Viva Las Vegas Leagues.  As far as I can see, the Saturday Update (up to c-o-p Friday) has now been sorted, albeit rather later than it should have been. All being well - note the insurance policy in those 3 words, " all being well" - it will be updated again today to reflect the correct standings at close of play Saturday. Apologies for yesterday.     
    Posted by Tikay10
    Today's Update - for play up to c-o-p on Saturday 1st - has now been published, HERE

PS - "all being well" got there.  
  • edited April 2017

^^^^

I now read a report that these are incorrect.

"All being well" indeed......