You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tikay

Comments

• edited March 2017
  • edited March 2017
    Wishing you a speedy recovery Tikay. Hope to see you at the tables very soon:-)
  • edited March 2017

Morning all,

I'm suitably humbled by all the lovely messages.

Medical science is SO good these days. I was in pretty bad shape on Sunday night, Mr G Reaper was making his way in my direction, & it looked like the game was up. 

The hospital were amazing, they carried out the procedure to fit the stent the moment the ambulance arrived at the hossie.

I had rung the ambulance at 0125 Monday, and by 0430 Monday I was in the recovery ward, & I was allowed out of bed on Wednesday. 

So it's just great.

Life won't ever be quite the same again though. I  am on medication for life, & have to take 9 (NINE) different pills every day. I have to chill out, too, not get stressed, & of course no more ciggies. 

Anyway, today is my first day back at work proper, though "work" is subjective. I'm off up to Manchester on a Pendelino to attend the Drive the Prize Final. The Suits were a bit (well, VERY) reluctant to allow me to attend, but relented eventually. Apparently, I'm not allowed to actually DO anything today except "stand around like an ornament".

Think I'll be quite good at that, been practising it for years.

Have a great weekend y'all.
  • edited March 2017

i am pleased to hear you're up and running.  in future, by way of a bit of life coaching, i think you shouldn't ever try for priority again.  ok tk?

• edited March 2017
    It wasn't   "Priority" or "Ciggies"   ...........  "Hot Pants" are to blame.?
  • edited March 2017
    Only just seen this post Tony

Glad you are recovering and hope you are feeling much better soon.

Take care

Ian
  • edited March 2017
    Really puts things into perspective. You must have gotten some fright, so glad you are back and on the mend.

Would be good advice for every single one of us to try and cherish every day, make the most of each day and not allow the trivialities of life to stress us.

Hope it isn't too difficult quiting the ciggies. I will also be joining the non-smoker crew in a few weeks when uni is done. 

Hope you have a great and at least relatively relaxing weekend!
  • edited March 2017
    Glad you're on the mend mate, have a good time at the final, and let Mr RaRa know I'm routing for him!
  • edited March 2017
    Really pleased you are on the mend, look after yourself.
  • edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: Tikay:
    Morning all, I'm suitably humbled by all the lovely messages. Medical science is SO good these days. I was in pretty bad shape on Sunday night, Mr G Reaper was making his way in my direction, & it looked like the game was up.  The hospital were amazing, they carried out the procedure to fit the stent the moment the ambulance arrived at the hossie. I had rung the ambulance at 0125 Monday, and by 0430 Monday I was in the recovery ward, & I was allowed out of bed on Wednesday.    So it's just great. Life won't ever be quite the same again though. I  am on medication for life, & have to take 9 (NINE) different pills every day. I have to chill out, too, not get stressed, & of course no more ciggies.  Anyway, today is my first day back at work proper, though "work" is subjective. I'm off up to Manchester on a Pendelino to attend the Drive the Prize Final. The Suits were a bit (well, VERY) reluctant to allow me to attend, but relented eventually. Apparently, I'm not allowed to actually DO anything today except "stand around like an ornament ".   Think I'll be quite good at that, been practising it for years. Have a great weekend y'all.
    Posted by Tikay10

So pleased that you were looked after so well TK. Enjoy Manchester, and best of luck to the players up there.

I agree with the suits, just stand around looking pretty and don't actually do anything, unless it's fun and stress free.

I see you have Mr Channing with you, so if there is anything that needs addressing, I'm sure our man can sort it for you. :=)

Enjoy, and best of luck with your continued recovery.

Take it easy,

Graham
  • edited March 2017

We had a lovely day in Manchester on Saturday and I'd seen Tikay for dinner the previous Saturday. In between I'd been massively involved in Cheltenham and hadn't spent much time on the forum, Facebook, looking at emails or anything. Tikay mentioned he'd been ill...wow...can happen anytime to anyone without warning.

Important things to learn are that Tony knew immediately what was happening as the pain went down his arm and he called an ambulance straight away. The other thing was that we have a fantastic NHS with great staff and they got him back on his feet in no time. Thirdly, of course, there is never a bad time to quit the ciggies.

Try to take it easy mate and for anyone thinking of starting a bad beat thread this morning, try to remember that the time we have on this planet is precious.
  • edited March 2017
    Morning all, I'm suitably humbled by all the lovely messages. Medical science is SO good these days. I was in pretty bad shape on Sunday night, Mr G Reaper was making his way in my direction, & it looked like the game was up.  The hospital were amazing, they carried out the procedure to fit the stent the moment the ambulance arrived at the hossie. I had rung the ambulance at 0125 Monday, and by 0430 Monday I was in the recovery ward, & I was allowed out of bed on Wednesday.    So it's just great. Life won't ever be quite the same again though. I  am on medication for life, & have to take 9 (NINE) different pills every day. I have to chill out, too, not get stressed, & of course no more ciggies.  Anyway, today is my first day back at work proper, though "work" is subjective. I'm off up to Manchester on a Pendelino to attend the Drive the Prize Final. The Suits were a bit (well, VERY) reluctant to allow me to attend, but relented eventually. Apparently, I'm not allowed to actually DO anything today except "stand around like an ornament ".   Think I'll be quite good at that, been practising it for years. Have a great weekend y'all.
    Posted by Tikay10

That's impressive! Having the right people around even at that time in the morning. 

I know you follow F1. Martin Brundle had a minor heart attack DURING the Monaco GP last year, right after the race when he was running over to the podium to do the live interviews. He still did the interviews! It was sorted on his return (stent).

Keep well old bean :)

• edited March 2017
    They tell you not to get excited and the first thing you do is jump on a train... 

I'm sure it was quite a frightening thing. Glad you're on the mend my good fellow.
  • edited March 2017
    They tell you not to get excited and the first thing you do is jump on a train...  I'm sure it was quite a frightening thing. Glad you're on the mend my good fellow.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Marvellous. 
  • edited March 2017
    Sorry to see youve not been well and pleased to see youre recovered.
    Ive not played much lately and am just catching up,apologies.
  • edited March 2017

Just seen this,

Wishing you a full recovery Tikay.

Then get thee sen off to sunny skeggy for a round of golf at north shore :)

All the very best uk poker Legend.
  • edited March 2017
    good news!
    nice to know you are recovering
    you'll have to take it easy now.
    no more living in the fast lane!! 
    at least for a little while
    hopefully doesn't impact on your next visit to Vegas? 
  • edited March 2017
    took a few weeks off the tables - and noticed you were absent and wondered why - missing you already take lots of care tk - and of course (((((((((
  • edited March 2017
    Only just seen this,glad to hear your on the mend,its not the ciggies its that 4 card game you play.
  • edited March 2017
    Great to hear you're on the mend !  
    Answering posts the 1st day back on your feet was dedication to the cause indeed - all the best, top man.
  • edited April 2017

Afternoon all.

Other people's tales of illness & the like are as interesting as other folks holiday photos, so I had not planned to mention it any more. However, so many people have sent me messages & PM's, so it seems rude not to reply.

Going to Drive the Prize in Manchester was a big mistake, it was way too soon. I never did much - anything - but it was a 20 hour day all told, & it was too soon, & it set me back a week or two. I then spent 2 weeks sleeping almost non-stop, & it's only the last few days I've started to feel a little better. 

Unlike me, but I'm way behind with PM replies, I just can't find the energy to deal with them all. 

Yesterday & today, at last, I've felt better, & I'm starting to work through the backlog now.

Big thanks to Sky Poker, who basically told me to do nothing & just rest up.

I've quit smoking - rather belatedly, but better late than never - & come tomorrow, it'll be 4 weeks since I last smoked. I have to eat "properly" now too, white meat, fish, eggs, but no sticky buns. How come all nice food is bad for us?

On Monday, I return to hospital to be assessed to see if I am ready for Cardiac Rehab. I'm sure I will be, I feel so much better today.

After doing almost no work for a month, UKOPS starts on Tuesday, & I plan to be blogging every day. 

Can't wait, it's good to be back.

Thank you to all those who sent messages of support, here on this thread, via PM, text & e-Mail. It meant a great deal, thank you.

On we go, oioi.

• edited April 2017
    How come all nice food is bad for us?  
    Posted by Tikay10

I have often wondered this!

It is not just the sugar laden stuff either but red meat, greasy food etc. You never hear of anyone saying 'oh I could really go a lettuce or some rice crackers just now'. If all the junk food was good for you I would probably look like a Chippendale.

Hope the recovery continues positively and good luck for the assessment!
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Tikay : I have often wondered this! It is not just the sugar laden stuff either but red meat, greasy food etc. You never hear of anyone saying 'oh I could really go a lettuce or some rice crackers just now'. If all the junk food was good for you I would probably look like a Chippendale. Hope the recovery continues positively and good luck for the assessment!
    Posted by markycash
    You have to be tall to be a Chippendale. I auditioned for the Blobbendales once, and was told I was 3 inches too short :)

On a more serious note, GL Mr K. Keep off the cigs, and keep carefully rationing the exclamation marks (!!!)
  • edited April 2017

Well you know what that say about all this abstinence. You won't live any longer it will just feel longer.
       Joking aside glad you are properly on the mend. 
  • edited April 2017
    Hope ALL goes well tikay, my husband has been unwell and I took him to a private hospital on Tuesday,it was urgent so that was why he was sent there,by the nhs, he was looked after so well even with me sobbing my heart out he would go back tomorrow, had some major jests taken but the surgeon was so kind to me understood why I was so upset, so tony my husband lets stay positive and everthing will be ok xxx
  • edited April 2017
    Tony my husband has never smoked does not drink alcohol but his younger brother passed away in 2008 from cancer,he was only 46, that was why they sorted so fast
  • ommomm
    edited April 2017
    Tikay

Listen to your body, health is the most precious thing we have and as you know I've had a bit of experience in this area the last couple of years. I cannot stress enough how much rest and recouperation you are going to need, even on the odd day that you feel top of the world still take it easy. Time is needed and no one can say how long that time is, while I'm not saying you should stop living your life and doing the wonderful things that you and Gill do, and am advocating scaling back and reconsidering if you should do it beforehand. 

Take care my friend, always here if you ever need anything.
  • edited April 2017

hi tikay,

i'm pleased to hear of your continuing recovery.  my bit to contribute is to urge you not to push the envelope. more the point, keep well within it.  an envelope within the envelop.

rob

• edited April 2017
    Afternoon all. Other people's tales of illness & the like are as interesting as other folks holiday photos, so I had not planned to mention it any more. However, so many people have sent me messages & PM's, so it seems rude not to reply. Going to Drive the Prize in Manchester was a big mistake, it was way too soon. I never did much - anything - but it was a 20 hour day all told, & it was too soon, & it set me back a week or two. I then spent 2 weeks sleeping almost non-stop, & it's only the last few days I've started to feel a little better.  Unlike me, but I'm way behind with PM replies, I just can't find the energy to deal with them all.  Yesterday & today, at last, I've felt better, & I'm starting to work through the backlog now.   Big thanks to Sky Poker, who basically told me to do nothing & just rest up.   I've quit smoking - rather belatedly, but better late than never - & come tomorrow, it'll be 4 weeks since I last smoked. I have to eat "properly" now too, white meat, fish, eggs, but no sticky buns. How come all nice food is bad for us?   On Monday, I return to hospital to be assessed to see if I am ready for Cardiac Rehab. I'm sure I will be, I feel so much better today. After doing almost no work for a month, UKOPS starts on Tuesday, & I plan to be blogging every day.  Can't wait, it's good to be back.   Thank you to all those who sent messages of support, here on this thread, via PM, text & e-Mail. It meant a great deal, thank you.   On we go, oioi.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Welcome back.
  • edited April 2017
    Afternoon all. Other people's tales of illness & the like are as interesting as other folks holiday photos, so I had not planned to mention it any more. However, so many people have sent me messages & PM's, so it seems rude not to reply. Going to Drive the Prize in Manchester was a big mistake, it was way too soon. I never did much - anything - but it was a 20 hour day all told, & it was too soon, & it set me back a week or two. I then spent 2 weeks sleeping almost non-stop, & it's only the last few days I've started to feel a little better.  Unlike me, but I'm way behind with PM replies, I just can't find the energy to deal with them all.  Yesterday & today, at last, I've felt better, & I'm starting to work through the backlog now.   Big thanks to Sky Poker, who basically told me to do nothing & just rest up.   I've quit smoking - rather belatedly, but better late than never - & come tomorrow, it'll be 4 weeks since I last smoked. I have to eat "properly" now too, white meat, fish, eggs, but no sticky buns. How come all nice food is bad for us?   On Monday, I return to hospital to be assessed to see if I am ready for Cardiac Rehab. I'm sure I will be, I feel so much better today. After doing almost no work for a month, UKOPS starts on Tuesday, & I plan to be blogging every day.  Can't wait, it's good to be back.   Thank you to all those who sent messages of support, here on this thread, via PM, text & e-Mail. It meant a great deal, thank you.   On we go, oioi.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    More importantly, take it easy.